Alzheimer's gut health (candida) and B3

alzheimers candida

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 August 2012 - 02:28 PM

A very interesting article linking Alzheimers to gut health (candida) and vitamin B3:

http://www.theamazin...eriment-part-1/

http://www.theamazin...eriment-part-2/

http://www.theamazin...s-continuation/

Another article:
http://ahha.org/Alzheimers.htm
  • like x 1

#2 Godot

• 198 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:32 PM

This is really fascinating. Makes me want to start all the cognitively-declining elders in my life on niacinamide.

To book this BIOSCIENCE ad spot and support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above) - click HERE.

#3 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:43 PM

Another niacin/nicotinamide benifit--

Nicotinamide restores cognition in Alzheimer's disease transgenic mice via a mechanism involving sirtuin inhibition and selective reduction of Thr231-phosphotau.

These preclinical findings suggest that oral nicotinamide may represent a safe treatment for AD and other tauopathies, and that phosphorylation of tau at Thr231 may regulate tau stability.

#4 Logic

• Topic Starter
  • 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:35 PM

Yes its very interesting.
Im having a bit of trouble convincing my friend's wife though as Coconut oil does not seem to have done a damn thing so far.
I dont think he's getting the reqd dosage though. He is diabetic type 2.
He's pretty far gone. Chews any pill given to him and spits it out if tastes nasty.

I think it was you Turnbuckle who mentioned it should go well with MB?

#5 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:32 PM

I think it was you Turnbuckle who mentioned it should go well with MB?

Yes, I said that niacin or niacinimide might go well with MB, and in fact I've tried that myself (twice at the 100 mg MB level, once with niacin and once without) and found the combination far better than the MB alone. As for preventing AD, I think niacinimide without MB might be best. MB is messy and many don't like the niacin flush.

The advantage of the combination is that once the tau tangles are dissolved, they will be more accessible to chemical modification by niacin and its analogues. And without the niacin, what is to prevent the defective tau from re-tangling once the MB is stopped, and in perhaps even worse tangles? So with the MB alone you'd have to keep taking it, while the combination might very well be a cure for AD when defective tau is the cause of it.

Edited by Turnbuckle, 14 August 2012 - 09:35 PM.

#6 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:23 PM

Yes, I said that niacin or niacinimide might go well with MB, and in fact I've tried that myself (twice at the 100 mg MB level, once with niacin and once without) and found the combination far better than the MB alone. As for preventing AD, I think niacinimide without MB might be best. MB is messy and many don't like the niacin flush.

The advantage of the combination is that once the tau tangles are dissolved, they will be more accessible to chemical modification by niacin and its analogues. And without the niacin, what is to prevent the defective tau from re-tangling once the MB is stopped, and in perhaps even worse tangles? So with the MB alone you'd have to keep taking it, while the combination might very well be a cure for AD when defective tau is the cause of it.

I don't understand how MB relates to the niacin flush. Niacinamide (not -imide, that's something else) doesn't cause a flush; only regular niacin does that. If the MB is capped, it should be fine as far as mess goes. So what did it feel like when you combined 100mg MB with niacinamide? How does it compare to MB alone?

I don't think that the excess tau would hang around waiting to re-tangle. It would be cleared from the cell like other defective proteins. It can't get cleared when it's tangled.

To book this BIOSCIENCE ad spot and support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above) - click HERE.

#7 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:41 PM

I don't understand how MB relates to the niacin flush. Niacinamide (not -imide, that's something else) doesn't cause a flush; only regular niacin does that. If the MB is capped, it should be fine as far as mess goes. So what did it feel like when you combined 100mg MB with niacinamide? How does it compare to MB alone?

I don't think that the excess tau would hang around waiting to re-tangle. It would be cleared from the cell like other defective proteins. It can't get cleared when it's tangled.

The imide is a misspelling. I hope I'm not being graded on my posts here!

The MB doesn't relate to the flushing of niacin. The flush is a separate issue that many object to. Some even find it frightening. I used to like it, but not anymore.

The MB at these doses turns urine blue or green and stains everything it comes into contact with and is hard to remove. Imagine an AD patient taking MB for years and you will appreciate the mess it might cause.

As for my own experience with the combination--

A few years ago I tried the 100 mg dose of MB and found that I was thinking clearer when on it, but when it wore off I was having difficulty following the plot of TV shows. Uh-oh! So I looked for something that would correct the defective (hyperphosphorylated) tau and tried MB again a couple of days later with 500 mg niacin every few hours. The problem went away and when the MB wore off I was no worse off for the experience. So I realized that seemingly modest doses of MB can be dangerous, that even if you don't have symptoms of AD you might create them by forming tangles that didn't previously exist.

Edited by Turnbuckle, 14 August 2012 - 11:13 PM.

• like x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: alzheimers, candida

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users