NSI-189

nsi-189

• Please log in to reply
6219 replies to this topic

#4681 tautomeric

• 22 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 November 2016 - 11:19 AM

@tautomeric - Thanks. Since I had no effects on my depression after 29 days of administration, I was starting to worry whether my supplier had sent the wrong stereoisomer. Now it seems either my supplier has sent totally different something or I am unresponsive to the drug. Anyhow, I'll continue and increase the dose from 40 mg qd to 40 mg bid.

A basic way to tell is to check with the Kofler bench. If you don't have access to one, you might want to put the power in a pan, increase the temperature very slowly (min. power) and use a IR thermometer to approximate the boiling point. Electric stove should be fine, gas is not homogen enough.

Also check if you can find the solubility in water, don't use tap water but purified water, and check you're at 20/25°C.

Organoleptic is a good way to tell too, check the taste/odor/color and compare to what other users say.

By the way, you shouldn't go over 80mg. Also, if you think you could have been sold fake stuff, stop using it. Don't buy on Alibaba, gold members frequently scam buyers, or send contaminated stuff with solvents residus...

Edited by tautomeric, 22 November 2016 - 11:22 AM.

• Good Point x 2

#4682 sharpC

• 3 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 03:46 PM

Back onto NSI-189 again and this time I am going for 2 months at least. I forgot how tired it makes you feel at first! I am trying to only use Modalert or caffeine as a last resort but I do have n acetyl semax to help with wakefulness.

20mg once a day, might go up to 15mg B.I.D once I settle into it again.

I am combining it with PRL-8-53 this time and hope to be impressed with the results. I love the feel of resilience and being in a realistic positive mood no matter what life tries to throw at me :')

When does that tiredness come into effect for you? I've been on 20-30mg nsi sublingual for 5 days and cant notice any effect yet

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4683 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 November 2016 - 10:30 PM

Back onto NSI-189 again and this time I am going for 2 months at least. I forgot how tired it makes you feel at first! I am trying to only use Modalert or caffeine as a last resort but I do have n acetyl semax to help with wakefulness.

20mg once a day, might go up to 15mg B.I.D once I settle into it again.

I am combining it with PRL-8-53 this time and hope to be impressed with the results. I love the feel of resilience and being in a realistic positive mood no matter what life tries to throw at me :')

When does that tiredness come into effect for you? I've been on 20-30mg nsi sublingual for 5 days and cant notice any effect yet

Around day 5 for me actually, I would say...

I began using it at as low of a dose as 10 mg though! Strangely enough, those first few, low-dosed days where the days where I actually felt energized by the drug! Good stuff. After that though, at "proper" therapeutic dosing, I started noticing the somnolence after a few days - Modafinil took care of that though - OUTstanding combination, imho! I wish every fatigued depressed person could have it - every day.

Man, I'm probably going to cut this run of NSI-189 short because of this fatigue - Amphetamine doesn't really help in the right way, imho - don't recommend that combo, increases anxiety - and this stuff is already anxiogenic!

But when I get my hands on Modafinil again...! Or perhaps when the fatigue from Atomoxetine goes away - then I'm definitely going to do another long trial, at least a month.

#4684 linlin92

• 53 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 08:42 AM

The first time it was within the first week. This time it was within hours of taking it sublingually. I think that just means I need more sleep as I have only been averaging 5 hours a night lately. When I get more than 7-8 tiredness isn't a factor at all. Its probably because NSI-189 needs enough sleep for neurogenesis to occur.

Modafinil is so strong I feel that it shouldn't be taken every day only for special occasions when you need that extra wakefulness/energy. It also affects my sleep unless I take it at least 12 hours before bedtime.

PRL-8-53 is going really nice with NSI-89 so far. Not super happy but simply content.. problems that usually stresses me out or puts me into a bad mood are easily brushed off. Its like I have an insanely positive attitude to everything in my life, whether good or bad! I know I have to cycle the PRL-8-53 to avoid mental fatigue but haven't worked out what days on/off protocol is for it yet. (if anyone has any please share)

#4685 TheCipher

• 13 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 11:00 AM

Short update,

I will stay at 10 mg for now to see if there are positive long-term effects. I haven't noticed too much so far. But I will give a more thorough update in a week or two as then I hopefully notice a change!

Stay healthy!

#4686 nascent

• 4 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 November 2016 - 05:28 PM

Days 1-18 of my taking NSI at 35-40mg subingually were characterised by anxiety and lethargy. Yesterday however, day 19, I worked with a kind of energy and flexibility of thought that I have not experienced for quite some time. I feel the same today.

I am also taking tianeptine sulfate at 40mg twice a day. I have had good results with tianeptine and a pause in its use a couple of weeks before my starting NSI may have contributed to the hard-to-manage anxiety I experienced earlier in my NSI experiment. I do find that tianeptine really starts to make its anxiolytic and anti-depressant effect known after several weeks so I cannot discount its contribution to the sudden change in how I am feeling.

The novel changes I have experienced in the past couple of days are as follows: I am able to quickly and flexibly change between tasks at work with less effort and stress. I am more optimistic about solving problems. My appetite has lessened (I am a comfort eater when stressed or depressed). I am more motivated to plan ahead. Additionally, I have regained my desire to do things around the house when I get home; a gift that tianeptine gave me a couple of months back and has now returned.

I am combining these two drugs with techniques taken from Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) to try and combat a lowish level of anxiety and depression that has been present most of my life (I am 34).

I would like to thank the members of this community for sharing their knowledge and experiences here.

Edited by nascent, 23 November 2016 - 05:29 PM.

#4687 bugsbunny

• 86 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 07:51 PM

Days 1-18 of my taking NSI at 35-40mg subingually were characterised by anxiety and lethargy. Yesterday however, day 19, I worked with a kind of energy and flexibility of thought that I have not experienced for quite some time. I feel the same today.

I am also taking tianeptine sulfate at 40mg twice a day. I have had good results with tianeptine and a pause in its use a couple of weeks before my starting NSI may have contributed to the hard-to-manage anxiety I experienced earlier in my NSI experiment. I do find that tianeptine really starts to make its anxiolytic and anti-depressant effect known after several weeks so I cannot discount its contribution to the sudden change in how I am feeling.

The novel changes I have experienced in the past couple of days are as follows: I am able to quickly and flexibly change between tasks at work with less effort and stress. I am more optimistic about solving problems. My appetite has lessened (I am a comfort eater when stressed or depressed). I am more motivated to plan ahead. Additionally, I have regained my desire to do things around the house when I get home; a gift that tianeptine gave me a couple of months back and has now returned.

I am combining these two drugs with techniques taken from Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) to try and combat a lowish level of anxiety and depression that has been present most of my life (I am 34).

I would like to thank the members of this community for sharing their knowledge and experiences here.

NSI can be hard on your body and mind. Make sure youre ready to go through some complications till it works. It worsen already presisting stress into new heights. Some people can battle that while others cant deal with it. In practice i would combine it together with a course, a lot tea and good books and a little bit isolation, then immediately stopping to take it after like 3 months of a course. Of course it depends on your situation if its possible at all. In germany we have the possibility to get a course if you have burnout, because its a serious disease. 

Edited by bugsbunny, 23 November 2016 - 07:54 PM.

#4688 f099y

• 10 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 08:20 PM

Oh god so much conflicting and confusing reports and ideas- I ALREADY struggle with fatigue, so if NSI increases that I don't know what I'll do. Same for anxiety. But what else is there?!? I've gone through so many options and lately none of them have even seemed to have any effect whatsoever. At least previously I experienced a honey moon period when I went onto a new anti-depressant.

And all the while my condition seems to deteriorate...

#4689 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 November 2016 - 09:01 PM

Oh god so much conflicting and confusing reports and ideas- I ALREADY struggle with fatigue, so if NSI increases that I don't know what I'll do. Same for anxiety. But what else is there?!? I've gone through so many options and lately none of them have even seemed to have any effect whatsoever. At least previously I experienced a honey moon period when I went onto a new anti-depressant.

You stack it with other things, of course.

Tianeptine, Noopept, Magnesium-L-Threonate, Modafinil.

Don't be afraid to use it - just plan ahead before you take it - what issues that it will exacerbate initially, will you need other agents to counter?

You seem to have similar issues to me -  I have a lot of anxiety and fatigue as well.

Well, then stack it with something which you KNOW decreases your anxiety significantly. And stack it with something that combats fatigue (I'd recommend Modafinil).

If you have not found something which significantly inhibits your anxiety, then you need to start a thread here - tell us all you can about yourself, and the potential mechanisms behind your problems - then we can figure something out for you - and then when you have anxiety under check, then you use NSI-189.

• Agree x 1

#4690 Twindaddy37

• 92 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 November 2016 - 04:16 PM

Anyone else have a terrible experience while on NSI, strange surreal type of anxiety the whole time, then upon discontinuation be in a completely new, great headspace? So strange, since i discontinued it over a month ago ( i ran it for 2 week, did a little less than a gram) i have had way less ruminating thoughts, huge boost in motivation, and other subtle benefits. 

#4691 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 November 2016 - 04:28 PM

Anyone else have a terrible experience while on NSI, strange surreal type of anxiety the whole time, then upon discontinuation be in a completely new, great headspace? So strange, since i discontinued it over a month ago ( i ran it for 2 week, did a little less than a gram) i have had way less ruminating thoughts, huge boost in motivation, and other subtle benefits. 

Yes, actually. I had most of my benefits when starting it, but I noticed I had some when I stopped it as well.

Many people report a series of events similar to what you describe - that the TRUE long-term benefits seem to become apparent when you actually stop it.

And the anxiety - it seems to be a majority that gets SOME form of anxiety from this - aggression, fear, that stuff. All part of the continously reported patterns of this drugs MOA.

#4692 Kurko

• 23 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 November 2016 - 07:22 PM

What about Sexual Anhedonia. Can Nsi189 Increase Libido?

#4693 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 November 2016 - 09:15 PM

At least not during treatment - may be somewhat the opposite even.

It does help with emotional numbing though - seems to kick emotionality into overdrive.

I believe sexual anhedonia may be related to other mechanisms than just pure cognitive decline and depression, caused by hippocampal atrophy - which is what NSI-189 was created to treat.

Seems more like sexual anhedonia is a result of dysfunction in the dopaminergic and opiate systems in the brain. If you want to live dangerous, then try a D3-agonist in low doses, on a day on - day off -rotation.

D3-agonists have been implicated in hypersexuality and impulsive behaviour in some people - and when I say hypersexuality, I mean HYPER!

I mean going from a straight, sexually secure man, to a complete hedonistic cross-dressing homosexual in the span of a few weeks!

It works, but... do you WANT it to work, THAT well?

EDIT:
Aripiprazole (Abilify), and Bupropion (Wellbutrin/Voxra) are two compounds known to cause hypersexuality. May warrant an entire new thread on those sorts of drugs, the modes of effect, and whether they could, or should, be used to treat sexual anhedonia. (bupropion is already used as such, to treat sexual dysfunction from SSRI's, with some success)

Edited by Stinkorninjor, 28 November 2016 - 09:17 PM.

• like x 1

#4694 macropsia

• 97 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 November 2016 - 09:37 PM

Low to microdose amisulpride might possibly be a more workable option for some.
  • Good Point x 1

#4695 Kurko

• 23 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 November 2016 - 09:40 PM

I have been suffering from apathy and anhedonia since the SSRI discontinuation. Since I lost my libido, my ability of imagination and creativity and I feel resistant to different psychoactive substance. I have already tried abilify but without any improvement. On the contrary, drugs or other drugs tend to worsen my condition. I do not know if the Nsi189 will be able to help me.

I have very low cognitive ability.
I read that Nsi was similar to low-dose LSD. But I have already tried LSD in low dose but It does not give me any feeling of well-being.

At least not during treatment - may be somewhat the opposite even.

It does help with emotional numbing though - seems to kick emotionality into overdrive.

I believe sexual anhedonia may be related to other mechanisms than just pure cognitive decline and depression, caused by hippocampal atrophy - which is what NSI-189 was created to treat.

Seems more like sexual anhedonia is a result of dysfunction in the dopaminergic and opiate systems in the brain. If you want to live dangerous, then try a D3-agonist in low doses, on a day on - day off -rotation.

D3-agonists have been implicated in hypersexuality and impulsive behaviour in some people - and when I say hypersexuality, I mean HYPER!

I mean going from a straight, sexually secure man, to a complete hedonistic cross-dressing homosexual in the span of a few weeks!

It works, but... do you WANT it to work, THAT well?

EDIT:
Aripiprazole (Abilify), and Bupropion (Wellbutrin/Voxra) are two compounds known to cause hypersexuality. May warrant an entire new thread on those sorts of drugs, the modes of effect, and whether they could, or should, be used to treat sexual anhedonia. (bupropion is already used as such, to treat sexual dysfunction from SSRI's, with some success)

#4696 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 November 2016 - 11:28 PM

I have been suffering from apathy and anhedonia since the SSRI discontinuation. Since I lost my libido, my ability of imagination and creativity and I feel resistant to different psychoactive substance. I have already tried abilify but without any improvement. On the contrary, drugs or other drugs tend to worsen my condition. I do not know if the Nsi189 will be able to help me.

I read that Nsi was similar to low-dose LSD. But I have already tried LSD in low dose but It does not give me any feeling of well-being.

NSI-189 is similar to several drugs in low dose, not just LSD.

However, at what dosage, and for how long, did you use Abilify? The effect may be dose-dependent, and you might need a higher dosage, for a longer period of time.

If you have less effect from several other compounds, then that may imply some kind of hyper-nmda-activity - the NMDA-network seems to mediate tolerance to a number of substances, among them, dopaminergic drugs.

Low-dose Memantine coupled with something hypersexualising might be your ticket - I'd try Amisulpride, like Macropsia mentioned, or Bupropion.

Of course, instead of low-dose Memantine, you could also go HEROIC DOSING Magnesium-L-Threonate to get your NMDA-network to play ball once more - we even have a fellow here on the boards who got Depersonalisation-symptoms following MagLT-heroics!

I myself have hyperactivity in the NMDA-network and didn't notice too much from even HEROIC dosing though - if you are the same, then heroic dosing should NOT be an issue whatsoever - bash those NMDA-receptors to MUSH!

#4697 macropsia

• 97 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 November 2016 - 11:57 PM

Sigma-1 receptors probably are (and should be) brought into play as well, since their activation actually induces the trafficking of more NMDA receptors to the synapse from the endoplasmic reticulum. Based on my tentative grasp of how these things work, nmda blockade, the effects of which are by themselves potentially problematic (due, I suspect, to the body's inherent drive to counteract such measures through glutamate efflux, which may indeed be the very thing at play in some pathologies) is best complemented by at least occasional increases in NMDA receptor density, which, based on some of my haphazard research, seems to have similar and complementary effects. Indeed, some subjects have reported the myorelaxant effects of sigma-1 activation to be comparable to, and to feel more 'natural' than, simple blockade of the NMDA system.

Sigma-1 has, I think, a bit to do with the increasing popularity of a well-known, if disturbingly acrid, South American beverage.

Edited by macropsia, 28 November 2016 - 11:59 PM.

#4698 Heisenburger

• 478 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 05:55 AM

This is starting to turn into the "NSI-189 Message Board." :unsure:

• Good Point x 1
  • like x 1
  • Agree x 1

#4699 macropsia

• 97 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 November 2016 - 01:03 PM

Yeah, that last one was a touch OT maybe. I almost started an NSI polypharmacy thread, but didn't. This quickly becomes the case on most unthreaded fora unfortunately, but one thing begets another, and insofar as NSI is actually capable of growing new neurons (proven in rodents, suggested in the miniscule human studies), the task of tuning and integrating them is, I think, just as important. As in cooking and alchemy, all things are best tempered by their opposites, and the effects of long-term NMDA antagonism are somewhat unstudied and the issues of compensatory upregulation due to their use are potentially problematic. Co admin. of S1 agonists seem to ameliorate some of their problems.

#4700 MichaelTheAnhedonic

• 179 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 01:52 PM

NSI-189 is similar to several drugs in low dose, not just LSD.

However, at what dosage, and for how long, did you use Abilify? The effect may be dose-dependent, and you might need a higher dosage, for a longer period of time.

If you have less effect from several other compounds, then that may imply some kind of hyper-nmda-activity - the NMDA-network seems to mediate tolerance to a number of substances, among them, dopaminergic drugs.

Low-dose Memantine coupled with something hypersexualising might be your ticket - I'd try Amisulpride, like Macropsia mentioned, or Bupropion.

Of course, instead of low-dose Memantine, you could also go HEROIC DOSING Magnesium-L-Threonate to get your NMDA-network to play ball once more - we even have a fellow here on the boards who got Depersonalisation-symptoms following MagLT-heroics!

I myself have hyperactivity in the NMDA-network and didn't notice too much from even HEROIC dosing though - if you are the same, then heroic dosing should NOT be an issue whatsoever - bash those NMDA-receptors to MUSH!

3 months ago I little overdosed magnesium citrate (2x 980mg) and for almost 3 days I've felt 10x worse than normal. As you can remember I'm suffering from apathy, anhedonia, blank mind and emotional numbness. If I have impaired NMDA then why sarcosine and DAA didn't worked?

#4701 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 06:37 AM

Just curious what supplements and drugs people are running along side Nsi-189?

#4702 bitborg

• 17 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 December 2016 - 08:54 AM

anyone feel they get tolerant to NSI-189? as if it stops working if taken for a long time. How short can a break be to reset tolerance? 

I've taken it for about half a year now, I have been off it for 2 days couple of times with little to no withdrawal 

Edited by bitborg, 04 December 2016 - 08:58 AM.

#4703 tautomeric

• 22 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 December 2016 - 06:56 PM

anyone feel they get tolerant to NSI-189? as if it stops working if taken for a long time. How short can a break be to reset tolerance? 

I've taken it for about half a year now, I have been off it for 2 days couple of times with little to no withdrawal 

Approximating these informations would require to know exactly how the compound works (which no one knows) and require trials. There is no hindsight on NSI-189. At all.

What do you mean by stopped working ? You can tell the difference within days without taking it ? Because this drug is likely to show long-term effects, so I am curious what are the evidence/signs you have.

Also, no withdrawal doesn't mean it wasn't working. Why would you expect a withdrawal. Human body is infinitly more complex than a swiss watch movement, nobody can tell how long it will take YOU to 'reset tolerance', if any, and keep in mind it could also be irreversible.

#4704 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 07:02 PM

Yes, this is not uncommon. Some get the exact positives you mention after discontinuation, this is why is best for some to cycle it.

You can also try again with a lower dose and/or add tianeptine to curb anxiety.

#4705 pheanix997

• 213 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 December 2016 - 08:21 PM

So I finally understand what so many have said about recall of old memories. I've been taking a low-dose of NSI (5-10 mg) about 4 days a week for some of its nootropic properties on and off (sometimes for 6 months at a time) for about 2 years when I first purchased from StangeLove.

But last night I took 20 mg before bed and while laying there, the humming sound of my HEPA filter made me vividly recall a time when I was a kid, maybe 6 or so, at my cottage sleeping in one of the bunk-bed rooms in the basement, dosing off to the pleasant background hum of the air conditioning on. It was such a peaceful memory and I was stunned about how I essentially forgot about that time - that period -  in my life.

This memory was less of a static image than it was a motion picture, as I was able to kind of scroll over that snapshot memory to another, and then another, all around at different areas of my cottage, e.g. a memory I had on the swing which I am STUNNED that I was able to recall. It was like as I moved around the lot in my mind's eye, memories kept coming back to me - and I'm talking long, long, long forgotten memories that never would have come to me otherwise. 

Now you're probably thinking what's so great about recalling such a lame memory? That's what I sort of felt when reading others' experiences here and on redditt. But it wasn't just a lifeless snap-shot of years gone. It served a purpose - it fluidly and swiftly allowed me to kind of integrate my past childhood with who I am today, and weaving together these forgotten memories into my present reality. I felt a little saddened by it because I was shocked that a kid who had such exhilarating, adventurous, exploratory childhood experiences could be depressed as an adult. And my depression started to not make sense to me. It started to feel like an illusion. Life is actually not such a burden. 

Although the idea that depression causes hippocampal atrophy has been talked about for quite some time, feeling it first-hand what it means to have a damaged aspect of the brain is a very eery feeling. I didn't realize how disconnected my memories were to my present life, how un-integrrated everything's been. I guess I thought everyone was like that, kind of living in an isolated, day-to-day durr-state without gratitude for the past. It's like my depression has been a second life, a stupor that has papered over a previous life that was once so much richer and more exciting. I don't know how I forgot that, but somewhere along the way I did.  

I know that this was not placebo, because I never, ever, ever have random recall of such long-lost, specific memories. What was also weird was that I felt like I was in that bedroom as a child, hearing the AC going, the crickets outside, and a sense of excitement about the next day at the beach with all my cousins. So what I'm trying to articulate is that the memory was weaved together with emotion, which I found truly astonishing. I was actually laying in bed shocked. It was like a final swing of an ice-pick that broke the ice and allowed new neural access. 

What I don't understand is why, after 2 years of on and off again NSI use, did this memory breakthrough happen NOW? Is it possible that my hippocampus was so damaged that it took a lot of regeneration just to get to the point of being able to recall long-term memories? If so, then eek, I'm worse than I thought lol.

Edited by pheanix997, 04 December 2016 - 08:23 PM.

• Agree x 3
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • like x 1
  • Informative x 1

#4706 bitborg

• 17 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 December 2016 - 05:36 AM

Approximating these informations would require to know exactly how the compound works (which no one knows) and require trials. There is no hindsight on NSI-189. At all.

What do you mean by stopped working ? You can tell the difference within days without taking it ? Because this drug is likely to show long-term effects, so I am curious what are the evidence/signs you have.

Also, no withdrawal doesn't mean it wasn't working. Why would you expect a withdrawal. Human body is infinitly more complex than a swiss watch movement, nobody can tell how long it will take YOU to 'reset tolerance', if any, and keep in mind it could also be irreversible.

I was not expecting withdrawal, I just wanted to clarify on my previous post so anyone reading my reports that this was my experience as this is how I learned about this compound in general (through reports). I used to be lurker and I sure there are lots here.

Sorry, what I meant about it 'not working' I was specifically talking about its effect on anhedonia and motivation. I didn't even know I had anhedonia before I took it which was an eye opener for me and really fixed it for me (grateful about it every-single-day).

To me it has an 'effect' and it just seems to be much shorter now. I used to just take it once a day and it was good for the entire day now I feel like I need to take it 2 times a day to feel that clear mindfulness. The days I am off of it I feel fine just not as motivated and life seems a bit more grey but definitely not how I was before I started NSI so I do believe long term effects are very real. Before I took NSI I remember those dark meaningless days and a to those who defeated them with this drug, hi-five!

Regardless my life has improved a lot, I am much more balanced as a human being. I just may be chasing that 'childhood wonder' feeling I'm sure a lot can relate. Maybe I felt it strongly before because I had some deficiency and now things are normal and stabilized the effects are not quite as strong or obvious.

• like x 1

#4707 macropsia

• 97 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 December 2016 - 06:31 AM

To attempt an answer to the above question regarding the seemingly non-linear response to NSI: I've found, in general, that unless the cause or reason for 'degeneration' or 'retardation' (in some sense; I am not myself fully unretarded) has been addressed, any amount of neurogenesis by any means will tend to backslide and falter. The causes of progress and blockage may be of many sorts. In at least some cases, a method of neurogenesis may undo its own blockages by enabling behavioral changes which then allow for the possibility of improvement of a continuously compounding sort. This is probably how most effective antidepressants work, though historically most have been too mediocre for this to be apparent. In all likelihood, and this is probably as true of meditation and some forms of exercise, a method of system modification (in this case, the 'antidepressant') is only as good as the possibilities or capacities which it enables the agency which identifies with the system to self-actualize: no antidepressant will make one's decisions (life or cognitive, conscious or unconscious) for you, just as no medical cure 'gives' the patient a full and satisfying life. The best a neurogenic agent will be able to do is enable better organization of the 'informational' properties inherent in an open system by removing blockages in the form of sickness behaviour or other homeostatic evolutionary safeguards against higher functioning.

Edited by macropsia, 05 December 2016 - 06:34 AM.

• Well Written x 1

#4708 leod

• 5 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 11:23 AM

Hi Strangelove,

Please read your PM, I'm waiting for your answer, thank you.

#4709 LiveWell

• 89 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 December 2016 - 08:30 PM

The only noticeable effect I received from NSI-189 is that I needed less sleep. I wasn't tired. I wasn't lethargic. I was simply sleeping less and I felt fine doing it. I was still able to keep up with school while living on 4-5 hours of sleep per night.

I eventually stopped taking it because my wife was getting irritated with the fact that I was staying up until 2-3 am. The strange thing is that it didn't seem to matter whether I napped or what time I woke up, I couldn't sleep before 2 am. I normally go to bed between 8:30 and 9:30 PM and get up between 5-6 am so NSI-189 caused QUITE the change. Just not the way I'd hoped for.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4710 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 10:09 PM

Hi Strangelove,

Please read your PM, I'm waiting for your answer, thank you.

Hi man,

Sorry I missed it before, replied already.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nsi-189

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users