NSI-189

nsi-189

• Please log in to reply
6219 replies to this topic

#2461 world33

• 214 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:35 AM

An update on my previous post. The lab has contacted me saying that the impurities alluded to earlier were arising out of their own solvent. Therefore they said that "it appears your sample is pure". We still don't have a final verdict on whether its is NSI-189 or not. The lab has requested a few hundred mg (instead of the original 5 mg I sent them) to run another 13C scan, which they will do free of any additional charge. After that we should have our final results.

If the result is positive I guess the alibaba supplier is the cheapest source of NSI-189 freebase in the market. Good luck to all those buying from other suppliers thinking of getting anything better for 3 or 4 times the cost. Moreover it is very likely that the other suppliers of freebase NSI-189 might source it from the same alibaba supplier with huge markups. The only negative point is that they do not bother to sell less than 10 grams. Thanks for the good news tolerant and thanks for sharing the info. I will contribute to your 200 dollar testing cost and I hope other people in this forum who bought from the same alibaba supplier will do the right thing and share the cost as well.

Edited by world33, 04 August 2014 - 10:37 AM.

• like x 2
  • Agree x 2

#2462 Puppeteer

• 127 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:29 PM

An update on my previous post. The lab has contacted me saying that the impurities alluded to earlier were arising out of their own solvent. Therefore they said that "it appears your sample is pure". We still don't have a final verdict on whether its is NSI-189 or not. The lab has requested a few hundred mg (instead of the original 5 mg I sent them) to run another 13C scan, which they will do free of any additional charge. After that we should have our final results.

If the result is positive I guess the alibaba supplier is the cheapest source of NSI-189 freebase in the market. Good luck to all those buying from other suppliers thinking of getting anything better for 3 or 4 times the cost. Moreover it is very likely that the other suppliers of freebase NSI-189 might source it from the same alibaba supplier with huge markups. The only negative point is that they do not bother to sell less than 10 grams. Thanks for the good news tolerant and thanks for sharing the info. I will contribute to your 200 dollar testing cost and I hope other people in this forum who bought from the same alibaba supplier will do the right thing and share the cost as well.

Dude, read the post you quoted again. The lab has confirmed that the substance is pure, but they still haven't confirmed that the substance is actually NSI-189. No reason to start celebrating just yet.

• Good Point x 1
  • WellResearched x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#2463 foreseason

• 176 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 August 2014 - 02:32 PM

Has anyone else noticed an increase In sexual stimulation so to speak? As in while I'm taking NSI-189 I ejaculate rather quickly. Quicker than I'd prefer really! I definitely attribute it to the NSI because the two times I've stopped that side effect disapeared quickly.

Just wondering if others have experienced this.
  • Agree x 1

#2464 nat

• 19 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 August 2014 - 05:24 PM

Interesting to note:

Before my NSI-189 cycle, I had a particularly lame reaction to memantine. Even after the brainfog subsided, it caused notable anxiety. Now it's working as expected, and I'm tolerating 20mg without issue.

Hard to say if NSI-189 caused this directly, indirectly or not at all. If anyone else has previously not responded well to memantine and has since gone through a cycle or two of NSI-189, I'd be interested to hear about your post-cycle memantine response.

#2465 brucebanner

• 43 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 August 2014 - 06:53 PM

It's my third day of 40mg orally twice a day; 7am and 4pm. Today deserves a mention: I experienced some anxiety yesterday, somewhat mild, and today where it was much more pronounced. Between 11:30am-1:00pm I experienced a very weird feeling, I am not even sure I can characterise it as anxiety, it just felt weird, as if I was out of it. I had to smoke a few cigarettes to calm down. Experienced something similar yesterday at roughly the same time. Now, I am not sure if this is placebo... but it certainly does not feel like it. Bacopa seems to help mildly. After this anxiety period I got brain-fog for ~2 hours, say, till ~3pm; I sort of lacked the will to do anything. WTF?! I am surprised no one in the study experienced such side-effects.

Good:

Inner self-talk is much more pronounced, in a good way. Feels like I am having an un-distributed dialogue with myself.

I am feeling a bit more emotional.

Content feeling.

I have not experienced any headache.

I'll continue dosing, as I am willing to put with some pain for long-term results, but if I experience this three more times, I will cease dosing. I am not interesting in doing sublingual administration or lowering the dose, I want to stick to exactly what does conducted in the study. I don't think I have depression but I recently got hold of Tianeptine and it seems to have a good effect on me so I am beginning to wonder I have a mild form of depression or am I just worrying about nothing? I am also using Coluracetam two times a day whilst on NSI-189, I am not touching Tianeptine till I get a good feel of what effect this has on me.

Edit: Does anyone have experience with getting an MRI scan in the London, UK? Don't mind travelling if it isn't that far out.

Edited by brucebanner, 04 August 2014 - 06:56 PM.

#2466 world33

• 214 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 August 2014 - 07:11 PM

Dude, read the post you quoted again. The lab has confirmed that the substance is pure, but they still haven't confirmed that the substance is actually NSI-189. No reason to start celebrating just yet.

That is what I meant "If the result is positive" i.e. if the substance is NSI-189.
  • Agree x 1

#2467 Al Capacino

• 120 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 06:50 AM

Strange. At night my anxiety goes down. In morning non-existent. But once I take the nsi in morning the anxiety kicks in. I've lowered dose back to 20mg 2x a day oral to try and alleviate the negative effects. Not good for work this anxiety!

#2468 stillwater

• 116 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:53 AM

I had to stop my trial 3 days in last week, as the anxiety got out of control. Waves of panic etc.. I was taking it sublingually.  I do have pre-existing panic and anxiety disorders, so not a total shock.

I noticed what others have remarked on and have switched to taking it orally at a smaller dose with food, I'm on my second day and no anxiety so far, knock on wood, nothing positive yet but nothing negative either. Will continue.

#2469 Hungry Hippo

• 52 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:10 AM

It is interesting that as the NSI-189 thread unfolds, there are more and more incidences of non-response/adverse effects being shared. I now realise that I got enticed into NSI-189 by two or three fairytale stories of people "feeling like teenagers again", "feeling that everything is OK" and other feelings which matched exactly what I craved. But I had a bit of a revelation of sorts about this drug. In reality, the success ratio of NSI-189 doesn't appear to be greater than that of any other anti-depressant. What it's got going for it is that it has no withdrawal syndrome and that its benefits last even after it's discontinued. But the actual revelation I had was that the few people who had fairytale life-changing experiences from taking NSI-189 probably just needed an anti-depressant, any anti-depressant. They didn't come to NSI-189 as psychiatric patients having exhausted all conventional therapies. They came to NSI-189 feeling that they needed some sort of a lift or boost, but have probably never tried a single anti-depressant in their life. Now I more than welcome these people to come forward and correct me if I'm wrong. But my guess is that they would have achieved the same fairytale response from a conventional anti-depressant, just as was the case with me when I first tried a conventional anti-depressant.

Well, I've been on several AD's (Duloxetine, Citalompram, Bupropion, Tianeptine, Selegiline, Moclobemide, Turmeric, Amineptine) and it did not improve the quality of my life. If it worked (moclobemide, selegiline, amineptine) it did not releave several symptoms. NSI is different. It does brighten the senses and gives a teenage feeling again. But there are a few rules. If it works for you, you have to dose it right. 40 mg does a good job after some adverse effects which disappeared totally after six to eight weeks - it takes a long breath -, but it left me with being non social. Something I did not experience when I took 25 mg.

And there's no fairy tail. It's nice to have a teenage experience, but the world is still the same. It helps to improve the quality of life and that's someting I did not experience with the other compounds (Selegiline did a nice trick although, but it was harsh for the body, moclobemide was also nice but left me sleeping a lot). Even on the occasions I don't feel well, I realize that my brains works properly, my memory did improve, my senses are in good shape and my respons to stress is mucho better than it was and allows me to do things a normal person does everyday.

And since years I can sport again like I used to. And that's really a difference. From ten minutes work out to two hours and still feeling fit. All kinds of physical problems as muscle aces are gone too.

Maybe this is what other people call normal, but for me it makes the difference.

• Cheerful x 1

#2470 Hungry Hippo

• 52 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:11 AM

The hippocampus is a small brain structure but increasing its volume by 20% is extreme and possibly dangerous in my opinion.

My biggest concern is that extended use of this drug at specific doses could ultimately result in brain hernia, temporal lobe, foramen magnum. May also cause damage to brain structures due to the consistency of the brain...

I certainly understand what you are saying, but wouldn't they have picked these issues up in Phase 1a of 1b? You'd  think they wouldn't even pursue it if those issues were relevant. Or at least hope they wouldn't...

The 20% is what was expected for mice, what it does for humans is not known yet.

The hippocampus is a region that's used to shrink and growth. It shrinks through stress and grows when you sport, have a good amount of sex, have a loving relation and eat well. An in size reduced hippocampus does not coop well with stress. This means that once your on this path the problems get worse. And with worse I mean really worse, stress does a tremendous lot of damage (if you want to know more of how this works, you can take colleges of Robert Sapolsky on Youtube.)

In this case 20% would be very nice and less harmfull than the stress is. Furthermore, I understand that the growth is about density, not size.

But too much is too much and for every not tested (and tested too) compound you need to be cautious. I'm on this drug for four months and my bloodtest is good.  And I guess that you're body gives clear signals that it's fed up with the drug.

• Needs references x 2
  • like x 1

#2471 tolerant

• 470 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 05:28 AM

It is interesting that as the NSI-189 thread unfolds, there are more and more incidences of non-response/adverse effects being shared. I now realise that I got enticed into NSI-189 by two or three fairytale stories of people "feeling like teenagers again", "feeling that everything is OK" and other feelings which matched exactly what I craved. But I had a bit of a revelation of sorts about this drug. In reality, the success ratio of NSI-189 doesn't appear to be greater than that of any other anti-depressant. What it's got going for it is that it has no withdrawal syndrome and that its benefits last even after it's discontinued. But the actual revelation I had was that the few people who had fairytale life-changing experiences from taking NSI-189 probably just needed an anti-depressant, any anti-depressant. They didn't come to NSI-189 as psychiatric patients having exhausted all conventional therapies. They came to NSI-189 feeling that they needed some sort of a lift or boost, but have probably never tried a single anti-depressant in their life. Now I more than welcome these people to come forward and correct me if I'm wrong. But my guess is that they would have achieved the same fairytale response from a conventional anti-depressant, just as was the case with me when I first tried a conventional anti-depressant.

Well, I've been on several AD's (Duloxetine, Citalompram, Bupropion, Tianeptine, Selegiline, Moclobemide, Turmeric, Amineptine) and it did not improve the quality of my life. If it worked (moclobemide, selegiline, amineptine) it did not releave several symptoms. NSI is different. It does brighten the senses and gives a teenage feeling again. But there are a few rules. If it works for you, you have to dose it right. 40 mg does a good job after some adverse effects which disappeared totally after six to eight weeks - it takes a long breath -, but it left me with being non social. Something I did not experience when I took 25 mg.

And there's no fairy tail. It's nice to have a teenage experience, but the world is still the same. It helps to improve the quality of life and that's someting I did not experience with the other compounds (Selegiline did a nice trick although, but it was harsh for the body, moclobemide was also nice but left me sleeping a lot). Even on the occasions I don't feel well, I realize that my brains works properly, my memory did improve, my senses are in good shape and my respons to stress is mucho better than it was and allows me to do things a normal person does everyday.

And since years I can sport again like I used to. And that's really a difference. From ten minutes work out to two hours and still feeling fit. All kinds of physical problems as muscle aces are gone too.

Maybe this is what other people call normal, but for me it makes the difference.

Well, I'm glad that you proved me wrong. Your post gives hopes to people who have tried multiple things that failed that NSI will work for them.

#2472 Al Capacino

• 120 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 06:55 AM

Hippo u are spot on. I've been on antidepressants for 9 years. I had a bad anxiety reaction to nsi but it's fading now and I simply feel normal like u say. I feel all the emotions from anger, happiness, sadness, love! I don't become overwhelmed and even yesterday my work colleagues commented how funny ivr become!
I feel completely normal and it's great! I've also been able to quit my antidepressants!
I had severe gad and awful depression. To go without the orthodox treatment and not just survive but thrive in my life is quite something for me.
  • like x 7
  • Cheerful x 2
  • Informative x 1

#2473 penisbreath

• Validating/Suspended
  • 530 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 12:19 PM

Is anyone here using NSI-189 from teamTLR or THT?

Does anyone here have OCD? +/- or neutral effect from NSI-189?

Does anyone here have inattentive ADD? +/- or neutral effect from NSI-189?

#2474 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 01:51 PM

Still think CUR is oversold at the moment.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 2
  • Agree x 2
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • dislike x 1

#2475 Betterself

• 41 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 03:57 PM

Is anyone here using NSI-189 from teamTLR or THT?

Does anyone here have OCD? +/- or neutral effect from NSI-189?

Does anyone here have inattentive ADD? +/- or neutral effect from NSI-189?

You might want to go here and ask for an invite to the NSI source discussion group.
http://www.longecity...-sources/page-4

#2476 Betterself

• 41 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 05:23 PM

Well looks like things changed a little:

Access is limited to at least one of the the two criteria below:

• (1) Longecity users registered for over 12 Months

(or 2) Longecity users who have contributed meaningful posts (at discretion of group administrators)

Invites.....Guys... read my last two posts, you manually need to join the group. After you join, one of the group admins will approve you. The group is private access, and membership rests upon group admin approval, not invite any more.

Click the link below, and hit join if you meet the previously mentioned criteria above.

http://www.longecity...-discussion-20/

#2477 pjt311

• 6 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 06:21 PM

I am looking for the dosing protocol was for the Base form of NSI-189. Please forgive me if this has been answered as I could not find one with a search.

#2478 drg

• 332 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 August 2014 - 06:48 PM

That looks like its freebase, so according to wikipedia it has a molar mass of about 367g/mol and phophate has a molar mass of about 95g/mol. Therefore NSI-189 in phosphate form has a molar mass of 367+95=462g/mol. Comparing that to what you have, we can make a ration 367/462=.8. So you can multiply any NSI-189 phosphate dosage by .8 to acquire the dosage equivalent of the freebase form. Example dosage of 40mg of nsi-189 phosphate is equal to 40*0.8=32mg of freebase nsi-189.
I would be concerned somewhat stability of the freebase form, but i don't have enough knowledge to comment on that.

#2479 Mr Matsubayashi

• 226 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 August 2014 - 04:06 AM

Has anyone noticed a diminished sense of smell after being on NSI for over a month?

Also my concern over hippocampal growth causing structural issues is likely unfounded, hippocampus makes up 0.5% of intercranial volume.

Did some light reading and there is a "bone marrow" esque hypothesis on neural stem cell (NSC) production with implied self regeneration. I'm concerned about using up all stocks of NSCs, this hypothesis reduces the likelihood of this concern.

Still concerned about the long term effects on NCS proliferation, their migration pathways through the brain, the cell types produced.

Edited by Mr Matsubayashi, 07 August 2014 - 05:06 AM.

#2480 Posthuman

• 47 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:42 AM

Has anyone noticed a diminished sense of smell after being on NSI for over a month?

Also my concern over hippocampal growth causing structural issues is likely unfounded, hippocampus makes up 0.5% of intercranial volume.

Did some light reading and there is a "bone marrow" esque hypothesis on neural stem cell (NSC) production with implied self regeneration. I'm concerned about using up all stocks of NSCs, this hypothesis reduces the likelihood of this concern.

Still concerned about the long term effects on NCS proliferation, their migration pathways through the brain, the cell types produced.

If anything, I smell better than before.

#2481 Rior

• 279 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:51 AM

I have previously lost a lot of my sense of smell from past concussions, and I've found that NSI has certainly increased my sense of smell.  The longest I've taken it consecutively is about 2 weeks, when I started having some life things getting in the way. I plan on starting it again, and continuing for as long as I can until I run out.

#2482 Betterself

• 41 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:29 PM

The first week or so my senses of smell and taste were greatly enhanced. Now I don't notice it much but maybe I am getting used to it.

Day 16   15mg BID

#2483 Virtual Wolf

• 24 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 11:56 PM

Updating to my two posts a few pages back.  I had an almost 2 week break off NSI-189 and I noted a small withdrawal effect that lasted 5 days, an unpleasant feeling with mild anxiety and depression.

As of 3 days ago I started taking NSI-189 again at 40mg BID, this has definately caused massive amounts of anxiety but I'm trying to work through it and it seems like it will be worth it in the long term.  I will also note that there is a slight depersonalization/derealization factor happening in the background, someone explained this in another post as just an overall "weird feeling".  I'm hoping after 2 weeks that these side effects will subside.

Negatives

Sleep - Cannot sleep within 6 hours of taking it, if I do then I get stuck feeling like I've woken up continously for however long I sleep for.

Anxiety - Varying amounts of anxiety that I can only compare to taking an extreme amount of caffeine, internal monologue is in overdrive.

Depression - These depressive thoughts are associated with the fact that I'm getting extreme amounts of anxiety but I thought it was worth noting.

Depersonalization/derealization - The only thing I can compare this too is a feeling thats similar to the come down off psychedelics that can be uncomfortable (for some).  A sense that reality is a strange thing and a sense of not entirely knowing being sure of oneself, this can be seen as a positive effect also but personally speaking this is how its affecting me presently.

Hyperemotionality - I myself have felt very emotional and connected to movies/tv episodes that I've watched while on this, a dark setting can promote a scary like feeling that can on occasions be intense.

Visual Snow - I suffer from Visual Snow from what I believe to be my benzodiazepine usage 2 years ago, this has increased the visual snow effects which I'm hoping fade away after 2-4 weeks.

Positives

Even with the Anxiety I believe that I'm handling things like work a lot smoother than I would've without it, I also think I'm able to sit down sometimes and think rationally and logically about repressed memories or things that have effected me in the past, I personally think this would be highly useful with therapy.

I feel like I need to challenge myself a lot more in life than what I'm currently doing.

Overall I'll continue for at least 2 weeks and try press through the side effects, one thing also to point out was after my 2 week break off it I dosed the intial 40mg and then had extreme amounts of motivation/wellbeing for 6-8 hours until I took the next dose, at which point the anxiety kicked in.  It may be worth trialing various doses ever 2-6 days?

• Unfriendly x 1
  • Informative x 1

#2484 tolerant

• 470 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 02:16 AM

I want to update my experience with NSI.

In a number of previous posts I indicated that I could not tolerate NSI - not because of "side effects", but because it exacerbates the symptoms condition (MDD/anxiety), pushing them to unbearable levels for a few days and then returning to baseline. This occurred about three times, pretty much irrespective of the dose/ROA/source of NSI. I indicated that this could be due to the anxiety associated with taking a coveted drug, as well as the fact of simultaneously taking a number of other drugs I had not taken previously (namely coluracetam and tianeptine), and the anxiety associated with taking these other new drugs. I also indicated that I would return to NSI. I have made my return, and can now safely say that NSI no longer exacerbates my symptoms, even for single doses up to 50 mg sublingually and daily doses of 50 mg orally/50 sublingually. This report of absence of exacerbation of symptoms relates only to the phosphate form, as I have not gone back to try the freebase form yet. 

#2485 stillwater

• 116 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 04:28 AM

I'm hoping this doesn't turn out to be one of those... it feels good when I finally stop hitting my toe with a hammer scenarios. Still getting fatigue and headaches so far.
  • unsure x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#2486 Lobotomy

• 110 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 05:09 PM

Has anyone tested the purity of THT's NSI?

#2487 sk_scientific

• 256 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 August 2014 - 05:29 PM

I want to update my experience with NSI.

In a number of previous posts I indicated that I could not tolerate NSI - not because of "side effects", but because it exacerbates the symptoms condition (MDD/anxiety), pushing them to unbearable levels for a few days and then returning to baseline. This occurred about three times, pretty much irrespective of the dose/ROA/source of NSI. I indicated that this could be due to the anxiety associated with taking a coveted drug, as well as the fact of simultaneously taking a number of other drugs I had not taken previously (namely coluracetam and tianeptine), and the anxiety associated with taking these other new drugs. I also indicated that I would return to NSI. I have made my return, and can now safely say that NSI no longer exacerbates my symptoms, even for single doses up to 50 mg sublingually and daily doses of 50 mg orally/50 sublingually. This report of absence of exacerbation of symptoms relates only to the phosphate form, as I have not gone back to try the freebase form yet. 

I found that the freebase variant modulated anxiety in an undesirable fashion, as compared to the phosphorylated variant which did not.

#2488 brucebanner

• 43 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:15 PM

OK, I am no longer getting anxiety when I dose 40mg orally once per day.
I think I've noticed a very mild sense of well-being, nothing more.
My sense of smell has definitely improved; someone squeezing a lime from few heads away from me on the dinning table caused me to turn as the smell was so profound. This cannot be a placebo.
Seems like my bad behavioural habits are much more apparent and hence adjusting my behavioural patterns seems easy especially when it's brought to your attention like that.
I still smoke because I enjoy the feeling. I smoke around 2-4 cigarettes a day.

1. What would be the equivalent sublingual dose (amount and times per day)? And most importantly why are you taking it sublingually whilst the study gave the subjects an oral administration?
  2. Has anyone taken an aspirin to counteract the headache? I combined my 40mg dose with Noopept and noticed that my right lobe has a slighty mild unpleasant sensation. I've always had it when I dosed Nooept (10mg sublingual) but I felt it was a bit more pronounced when combined with NSI-189. It's nothing I can't live with but it's annoying.
  3. Would it be fine if I pause my regmine for a week or two and resume with my current dose 40mg per day or maybe even 40mgx2 per day. I am running out of a 1g supply, so I'll have to re-order.

#2489 Ace Silver

• 20 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:22 PM

I haven't had a chance to read through some of the posts' but I am curious to hear from anyone who has tried "Mr.Happy's"  stack along with NSI-189? What did you noitce? were they bad or good experiences? I have a strong feeling that Uridine will help out SOME of the issues people are reporting.  

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#2490 Betterself

• 41 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 10:42 PM

"And most importantly why are you taking it sublingually whilst the study gave the subjects an oral administration?"

Well bruce,

After reading this thread for many months before optaining NSI 189 I determined that it it is indeed active sublingually and it would also likely be more economical because of lower affective doses.

All that being said I don't know if I am missing something without first pass metabolism and I am only assuming a lower dose is needed sublingually.

Day 17 15mg BID and no adverse affects.

Experiment continues

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nsi-189

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (2)