• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 8 votes

Dihexa: "it would take 10 million times as much BDNF to get as much new synapse formation as Dihexa."

• Please log in to reply
1569 replies to this topic

#811 therein

• 226 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:30 PM

Any side effects at all anyone?

I haven't noticed any so far. I think increased water retention might be one but I don't have any quantitative data to claim that.

• like x 1

#812 neuroatypicow

• 123 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:40 PM

Not that have been detectable for me so far.

nor for me.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#813 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:46 PM

Nice, I am getting better now, from three - four years of chronic fatique due to a serious infection, I am having little motivation, foggy thinking, still fatiqued but better, low concentration, my brain in general is not in a good shape, what do you think is best to start first NSI or DIHEXA?

#814 megatron

• 608 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:52 PM

Anyone noticed improvements in rote memorization of information or mental calculations? 

#815 knightly

• 75 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:04 PM

Wait, what if we all meet up and go running in a field of flowers?, then we all read books and have loads of fun :)

• Pointless, Timewasting x 4
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 2
  • Off-Topic x 1
  • Good Point x 1
  • Agree x 1

#816 drg

• 332 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:29 PM

Nice, I am getting better now, from three - four years of chronic fatique due to a serious infection, I am having little motivation, foggy thinking, still fatiqued but better, low concentration, my brain in general is not in a good shape, what do you think is best to start first NSI or DIHEXA?

Go for NSI it's easier to find, cheaper, better researched and it's amazing.

#817 xks201

• 839 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:25 PM

Noticing significant improvement in problem solving abilities. Mostly visual problem solving. More in tune with surroundings. This is a slow and steady improvement that will really show itself when our batch comes and the opportunity to dose daily comes for more than just several days. Too early to tell how rote memory will be effected but now for example I immediately remember what day it is whereas sometimes before like after a long night and groggily waking up on less sleep I may have had to think about it for a second. Things like that seem instant now at all times if that makes sense. I'm sure it will get more noticeable with time.

Edited by xks201, 29 July 2014 - 10:26 PM.

• like x 1

#818 sk_scientific

• 256 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:30 PM

Certain kinds of recall are still very much off, though the feeling of being present is greater than it was throughout the past six months.  As an aside, I took Dihexa for about 5 days and that is, until I ran out of it.  If the half life is as lengthy as is purported, I cannot tell that it is still active a week after cessation.  We have had previous conversations regarding baselines, and I do believe that I have improved in some respects but I do not enjoy the notion that I am in the same perceptual headspace as I was during the period of ingestion.

This does not mean that the drug is not active, but perhaps the experience of it is most profound as it makes an acute change.  The biological system does not simply remould in a day.  Never the less I am feeling as though I am still missing something.

#819 neuroatypicow

• 123 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:40 PM

i'd still prefer to wait 3 weeks to let the drug work, before ingesting any more. i hope to experience slow, subtle changes/improvements in my sensoria, mood, anxiety and aggression levels. i've decided to think of this like photographic developer, where you slosh the developer around the paper, and the image slowly, gently comes into view.

#820 FW900

• 341 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:52 AM

Has anyone tried nasal administration of Dihexa? I'm considering making a spray bottle for a one time use experiment.

Nasal Administration in theory should increase the bioavailability even more than sublingual or oral administration. Not only should it be absorbed by the nasal mucous membranes, it will directly transfer on to the olfactory neurons, avoiding in part, the blood brain barrier altogether. It will be easier to discern the immediate effects of the drug, as it will have a much quicker onset. Higher bioavailability will also mean a lower dosage.

Edited by FW900, 30 July 2014 - 01:53 AM.

#821 xks201

• 839 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 02:17 AM

The half life could be dramatically reduced when put into a liquid solution.

#822 DHEXA

• 36 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 02:45 AM

Has anyone tried nasal administration of Dihexa? I'm considering making a spray bottle for a one time use experiment.

Nasal Administration in theory should increase the bioavailability even more than sublingual or oral administration. Not only should it be absorbed by the nasal mucous membranes, it will directly transfer on to the olfactory neurons, avoiding in part, the blood brain barrier altogether. It will be easier to discern the immediate effects of the drug, as it will have a much quicker onset. Higher bioavailability will also mean a lower dosage.

You'll probably need to insufflate it, unless you can find a less polar solvent you're willing to spray into your nose.

• Good Point x 1

#823 Amorphous

• 220 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 03:25 AM

The half life could be dramatically reduced when put into a liquid solution.

Do you mean the shelf-life?

#824 xks201

• 839 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 03:36 AM

Technically yes

#825 DHEXA

• 36 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 05:09 AM

Day 24 ~27mg QD

Warning: subjective drivel ahead.

As I've mentioned previously, I no longer feel a noticeable effect upon dosing, presumably because it's already well built up in my system at this point. I was reflecting earlier on cognitive changes since beginning dihexa.

I have noticed some change in verbal fluency. Ideas seem easier to express. Speaking to friends or colleagues feels more natural (and seems more enjoyable). The ideas i'd like to express seem easier to put into words. I consider this secondary to my next point. 
When comparing my mental structure a month ago to my mental structure now, It's like the difference between a greyhound hub and a train station. Disorganized thoughts coming and going with little input from me, compared to a well orchestrated, controlled environment. In other words, my executive functions seem to be improving.

I don't think anyone else has touched on my last point yet, which is BDNF and the PNS.

BDNF overexpression produces a long-term increase in myelin formation in the peripheral nervous system.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/15352212

BDNF Is Expressed in Skeletal Muscle Satellite Cells and Inhibits Myogenic Differentiation
http://www.jneurosci...26/21/5739.long

Brain-derived neurotrophic factor is produced by skeletal muscle cells in response to contraction and enhances fat oxidation via activation of AMP-activated protein kinase.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/19387610

Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor Modulates Nociceptive Sensory Inputs and NMDA-Evoked Responses in the Rat Spinal Cord

http://www.jneurosci...2/5138.full.pdf

I do have more to say about this, but i'd like to get some input from others using dihexa. Have you noticed any physical changes? Reflexes, changes in body composition, physical sensation, dexterity or motor skills, etc.

• like x 3

#826 Amorphous

• 220 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 05:13 AM

You are not the only one. I have a similar problem.

You question has been answered in the previous post from sk_scientific as follows:

I suppose, that if everything that I am reading of the drugs is correct, the sequence and schedule of drugs one would want to take to partially simulate an adolescent brain would be as follows:

1.) NSI-189 (for signaling of stem cell creation in available areas)

2.) ISX-9 (for signaling of available stem cells to neurons)

3.) Dihexa (for signaling of dendritic spines, and synapses from newly available neurons)

4.) Then the brain will do the rest in the way of pruning and reinforcement (probably good to take on new behaviors and courses of learning during this phase).

This is, of course, still a hypothesis as it's not necessarily proven that the above drugs will in fact have this action in the human brain, however data suggests they might.

From what I can understand of these new drugs, I agree with him; however, everything is so new, no one, but God, really know for sure

#827 Killword

• 29 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 05:51 AM

I started taking mine last week and apart from elevated BP, I've noticed prolonged nasal congestion about 12h after dosing.  It's actually quite bad and does not respond to either oxymetazoline (which I'm currently dependent on) or Flonase (which I'm transitioning to from the oxy).  It has affected my sleep quite a bit and caused some teeth clenching (which happens when I have trouble breathing during sleep).

I've also noticed that I can't push myself as hard while biking and my endurance is down quite a bit.  I think this might just be due to the change in blood pressure but I'm not sure.  It was very noticeable the first few days but much milder the last couple.

I've been taking 15mg SL every other day but started with around 5mg (too low for my scale to register) every day.  

As for positive effects, I had a final exam on Monday.  The class was Discrete Mathematics.  It seemed to make studying a bit easier however I don't think I did very well on the exam but that's because it was completely different from the sample final we were given to study apart from maybe two questions.

Edited by Killword, 30 July 2014 - 05:52 AM.

#828 jabowery

• 181 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 04:58 AM

We've been having a great deal of difficulty getting professional assistance establishing baseline for my wife.  Since 2008 she had been seeing the Iowa City Huntington Disease Center for Excellence and every other year having a Total Functional Capacity Scale measurement taken.  She was scheduled for another this last January (previous TFC taken in 2012 but she's degenerated a lot since then) but we couldn't afford the trip at that time (you have to pay the expenses up front and risk non-reimbursement if you don't get all the paperwork done exactly right -- which is a hassle given the care taking load and general chaos of HD).  We got the "risk" capital together and finally made it there some months ago but due to the fact that she was also there for a sleep study the HD center didn't think we were there to see them and had no one available to perform the TFC measurement.  I haven't been reimbursed for that trip yet, can't risk another given the ridiculous outcome of the last trip, haven't found another place to take the TFC measurement nearby and have not had my calls returned by the HD Center as yet.  She can't have an NMR because she'd have to be put under to inhibit her movements in order to get a good image.  

We've tried online "brain games" and she can't tolerate them.  Couldn't even establish the initial Luminosity baseline test (fortunately, Luminosity refunded the membership fee) let alone the cambridge cognitive tests. 

Here's what we've finally settled on:

She's playing games with friends and family on a regular basis.  They take objective and subjective logs of her performance.

At one time she could sing quite well but she has lost the ability to sing.  I purchased "Singing Coach" which is a simple program that does for her what she used to do for her students so she relates to it fairly well.  She's been a real paragon of strength and determination getting a baseline of her debilitated singing with that program, despite how tragic her loss has been.  Singing requires both fine motor control and cognitive function, so its not too bad in the absence of the longitudinal Total Functional Capacity Score.

Her singing in her prime from 1987:

She was still doing very well at a concert fall of 2002:

https://dl.dropboxus...217/concert.jpg

Her pre-treatment baseline now:

Video clip of baseline (loss of singing ability):

https://dl.dropboxus...30-14_21.46.3gp

Video of baseline gait:

https://dl.dropboxus...24-14_18.26.3gp

I'm still taking baseline data to establish a learning rate with Singing Coach.  When it looks like she's leveling out in her improvement from pre-treatment training, we'll begin dihexa protocol (mainly low initial dose compared to HED, estimate impact of long half-life on concentration, take regular blood pressure measurements).  

We really appreciate the information provided by others about their experience thus far.  

Edited by jabowery, 01 August 2014 - 05:54 AM.

• Well Written x 2
  • like x 2

#829 Phoenicis

• 339 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:21 AM

Have you considered asking your doctor about adding an NAD+ precursor?  see:

I'm not qualified to give medical advice, but it seems like Nicotinamide Riboside would work best for the brain, although Nicotinic Acid could work well too. See:

We've been having a great deal of difficulty getting professional assistance establishing baseline for my wife.  Since 2008 she had been seeing the Iowa City Huntington Disease Center for Excellence and every other year having a Total Functional Capacity Scale measurement taken.  She was scheduled for another this last January (previous TFC taken in 2012 but she's degenerated a lot since then) but we couldn't afford the trip at that time (you have to pay the expenses up front and risk non-reimbursement if you don't get all the paperwork done exactly right -- which is a hassle given the care taking load and general chaos of HD).  We got the "risk" capital together and finally made it there some months ago but due to some sort of foul-up the HD center didn't think we were there to see them and basically blew us off.  I haven't been reimbursed for that trip yet, can't risk another given the ridiculous outcome of the last trip, haven't found another place to take the TFC measurement nearby and have not had my calls returned by the HD Center for "Excellence".  My attempt to get her an NMR have failed -- for the plausibly good reason that she'd have to be put under to inhibit her movements in order to get a good image.  We've been advised by the professionals that for them to assist would be "aiding and abetting" a violation of medical ethics.

We've tried online "brain games" and she can't tolerate them.  Couldn't even establish the initial Luminosity baseline test (fortunately, Luminosity refunded the membership fee) let alone the cambridge cognitive tests. 

Here's what we've finally settled on:

She's playing games with friends and family on a regular basis.  They take objective and subjective logs of her performance.

At one time she could sing quite well but she has lost the ability to sing.  I purchased "Singing Coach" which is a simple program that does for her what she used to do for her students so she relates to it fairly well.  She's been a real paragon of strength and determination getting a baseline of her debilitated singing with that program, despite how tragic her loss has been.  Singing requires both fine motor control and cognitive function, so its not too bad in the absence of the longitudinal Total Functional Capacity Score.

Her singing in her prime from a 1987:

She was still doing very well at a concert fall of 2002:

https://dl.dropboxus...217/concert.jpg

Her pre-treatment baseline now:

Video clips of baseline loss of singing capacity:

https://dl.dropboxus...30-14_21.42.3gp

https://dl.dropboxus...30-14_21.46.3gp

Video of baseline gait:

https://dl.dropboxus...24-14_18.26.3gp

I'm still taking baseline data to establish a learning rate with Singing Coach.  When it looks like she's leveling out in her improvement from pre-treatment training, we'll begin dihexa protocol (mainly low initial dose compared to HED, estimate impact of long half-life on concentration, take regular blood pressure measurements).  We really appreciate the information provided by others about their experience thus far.  

Edited by Phoenicis, 01 August 2014 - 05:58 AM.

• like x 2
  • Off-Topic x 1

#830 jabowery

• 181 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 07:53 AM

Thanks for the suggestion for NAD+.  Obviously if effective, the proven safety (?) of something like Nicotinamide Riboside would be preferable.

Can the moderators move Phoenicis's and this comment to an appropriate topic to avoid derailing the dihexa thread?

Have you considered asking your doctor about adding an NAD+ precursor?  see:

I'm not qualified to give medical advice, but it seems like Nicotinamide Riboside would work best for the brain, although Nicotinic Acid could work well too. See:

#831 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 01:29 PM

You question has been answered in the previous post from sk_scientific as follows:

I suppose, that if everything that I am reading of the drugs is correct, the sequence and schedule of drugs one would want to take to partially simulate an adolescent brain would be as follows:

1.) NSI-189 (for signaling of stem cell creation in available areas)

2.) ISX-9 (for signaling of available stem cells to neurons)

3.) Dihexa (for signaling of dendritic spines, and synapses from newly available neurons)

4.) Then the brain will do the rest in the way of pruning and reinforcement (probably good to take on new behaviors and courses of learning during this phase).

This is, of course, still a hypothesis as it's not necessarily proven that the above drugs will in fact have this action in the human brain, however data suggests they might.

Although it makes sense to try using all these substances to target growth from multiple angles, this is more of a general statement than hopefully experience from anyone here that has tried both NSI and DIHEXA. Especially any report from people with an "out of shape" brain maybe? My situation feels similar like someone worn down from chronic stress, and I am looking more of a "general tonic" for the brain :happy:  (If something like this exists) DIHEXA seems is coming close though, I do not have depression issues, anxiety or PSTD that NSI seems to really help people with, but after starting reading that big thread again, it seems it might be helpful and I placed an order. I may place a small order for DIHEXA also, and hopefully I ll have soon a clearer idea what is going to be more helpful for my situation, and use first. 

Just to add, if anyone reading this is having issues with chronic bacterial infection send a PM, I have done quite some reading as some top doctors and their best antibiotics have not done much. My issues resolved from getting information from forums like Longecity and pubmed, after my experience and some "conspiracy theories" about the effectiveness of antibiotics for chronic infections, this is another area that modern medicine can be a bad joke. OK, sorry for the derail.

Edited by Strangelove, 01 August 2014 - 01:43 PM.

#832 xks201

• 839 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:09 PM

Jabowery if all these neurological things are happening I hope you have tested estrogen, igf-1, t3, t4, testosterone, pregnenolone, dhea, and progesterone levels. I'm currently reviving my grandfather who was diagnosed with terminal liver cancer and who was given 3 weeks to live. Under my watch and supplementation he has went from bed ridden looking like a corpse to saying he has not felt better in 5 years and is past his 3 weeks to live death sentence. 

I'm telling you if she just did a 180 that fast hormones have to be at play. 

Also keep in mind I have only taken 5 doses of dihexa but I am a powerlifter and all of my lifts have increased similarly to what I'd notice from taking performance enhancing items without having taken them. Body composition has also favorably changed...slightly remarkably. I doubt you guys will notice this unless you train hard in something. It's that sort of extra 5% boost you get, not like a steroid where you can just turn joe couch potato into mr olympia with some pills and 30 minutes a week of weight lifting but if you do any sport at some level I think you'd notice a difference. If I was still racing motorcycles I'm sure I would get a advantage doing that as well which sort of requires high speed somewhat subconscious calculations. 

Edited by xks201, 01 August 2014 - 02:12 PM.

• Good Point x 1
  • Informative x 1

#833 Nemo888

• 214 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 04:05 PM

Estrogen does increase verbal fluency. This is very well documented in menopausal women. IGF-1 is well known neurotropic factor. Testosterone correlates so well to spatial ability that it can be safely assumed to be related.

a-Neutropics_zpsd33bd64d.png

Brain growth for the sake of growth is not necessarily valuable. You can get considerable growth from amphetamines.Plasticity can have positive or negative consequences.

Aaphetamines_zpsc8990b53.png

Turning on growth needs to be the right kind. Hopefully the inventors of Dihexa are correct. The cells you are generating will take some time to mature based on the studies in Germany. You won't see full effects for at least a month after it has cleared your system and they won't all mature until three months. It's a marathon not a race. It may be wise to start conservatively on your first cycle and ramp up as needed for future cycles. Keep good notes

Edited by Nemo888, 01 August 2014 - 04:09 PM.

• WellResearched x 1
  • like x 1

#834 jabowery

• 181 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:06 PM

I've started a new topic that may be more appropriate for some replies:

Common Paths For Neurodegeneration (PD, ALS, HD, AD, CJD)

#835 neuroatypicow

• 123 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 01:17 AM

ok, this is weird.

i'm a week into my washout period from dihexa and nsi. i looked up from the tv, and i was suddenly aware of a subtle but discernable increase in depth perception.

i've never felt this before. i'm not saying it can be ascribed to my month-long cycle of nsi or the 100mg of Dihexa i took; i have no way of confirming that. but neither is there any other cause i can point to.

freaky.

• unsure x 1

#836 xks201

• 839 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 01:45 AM

Same sensation happening to me cow

#837 therein

• 226 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 02:07 AM

Anyone making slightly dyslexic typos lately? I noticed I have been making them more often lately while I have no history of dyslexia at all.
  • Informative x 1

#838 StevesPetRat

• 565 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 02:22 AM

Anyone making slightly dyslexic typos lately? I noticed I have been making them more often lately while I have no history of dyslexia at all.

Maybe your brain is simply working far faster than your unenhanced body can keep up?? /optimism

• like x 1

#839 medicineman

• 750 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 02:29 AM

so.... method of administration? any hope for transdermal? sublingual? nasal spray?

http://www.mysticpha....com/nasal.html

Edited by medicineman, 02 August 2014 - 02:31 AM.

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#840 fairy

• 143 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 August 2014 - 02:56 AM

Can you relate to Harding's weird moments in http://vimeo.com/89795497? 3ExwVpK.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users