The USDA Great Diet & Nutrition Debate.

video zone atkins mcdougall ornish diet low-carb low-fat debate usda

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 misterE

• 1,035 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:09 AM

This debate took place on February 24th 2000, and was sponsored by the USDA to try and make sense of all these different diets ranging from one extreme (Atkins) to another (Ornish) and everything in between. The debates are in the following order:

1. Doctor Robert Atkins (Atkins diet).
2. Doctor Berry Sears (Zone diet).
3. Doctor Morris Bethea (Sugar-Busters diet).
4. Doctor Keith-Thomas Ayoob (Representative from the American Dietetic Association).
5. Doctor Denise Bruner (Representative from the American Society of Bariatric Physicians).
6. Doctor John McDougall (McDougall diet).
7. Doctor Dean Ornish (Ornish diet).

...followed by a panel discussion.

No matter which side you are on. This is a historic event that took place and its importance is paramount.

Edited by misterE, 18 February 2013 - 01:17 AM.

• like x 1

#2 Kevnzworld

• 885 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:55 AM

Thanks for the video. Except for Adkins, the presenters opinions weren't all that different . I will continue to try to make most of my carb intake complex vegetable ones, not simple carb starches. I'll avoid saturated fats and red meat. I try to keep dessert and sugar intake to a minimum.
Lastly, I will continue to enjoy food, and not become a dietary religious zealot.
  • like x 2

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for NUTRITION to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: video, zone, atkins, mcdougall, ornish, diet, low-carb, low-fat, debate, usda

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users