* * * * * 29 votes

Lostfalco's Extensive Nootropic Experiments [Curated]

nootropic

• Please log in to reply
4019 replies to this topic

#3691 DareDevil

• 283 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 01:35 PM

I have a question about insulin. I started a few days ago, one squirt per day (did one day with two squirts). So far can't say I've noticed much of anything...

...So how exactly are we supposed to spray this stuff. Do you stick it way upyour nose, or just a little and spray it in the nostrils? That's what I've been doing, but I'm thinking further up the nose may be more effective? After you spray it should you snort it to help absorb it? Would appreciate any advice!

Also DareDevil, was your consensus of "very effective" using 8 sprays per day as described in your first post, or was it less?

Hi mkmossop,

I agree with the light sniff, because sniffing strongly brings the insulin into your throat and wastes part of the dose. It isn't that unpleasant even if a bit salty with my strange preparation using a saline solution bottle. My newbie advice would be a gentle light sniff while placing it high up in your nose. Gentle is the key word, not a deep sniff. Just enough to help it rise up to the brain but not blast past it down your throat.

Regarding your dosage, I found that each day I needed a somewhat different dosage to feel its effects. One day I needed only two or three sniffs, other days it took up to 8 sniffs. This might be due to how much of a boost we need, ie how muddled our mind is upon wake up a given day?

I think it is also might be partly due to how well the substance gets to the brain with each sniff? It isn't easy to target the right way until you remember how you sniffed when it works really quickly. I am highly reactive to any substance, noticing rapid effects. So I am able to adjust my intake technique in real time, as it becomes blatantly obvious when it works. If you don't notice effects then increase the number of sniffs. I hope this account helps.

DareDevil

• Informative x 1

#3692 DareDevil

• 283 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 01:50 PM

Hi LostFalco,

I won't be able to help my grandmother until the summer, when one of her sons will bring this therapy to her attention and help her administer treatment. This is  because his siblings are entirely trusting of mainstream medical practitioners who say to let her wither away naturally lol. They are equally mistrusting of any form of alternative medication. So this must be spearheaded by her son and not by a grandchild who would be opposed, barring the path to treatment. It is a shame this causes delay and increased cognitive decline, fortunately it can be reversed.

Meanwhile I have brought back from vacation several vials of Walmart Novolin R for a friend who works in a highly demanding financial job where her brain has been overtaxed. She has been suffering memory loss probably mainly from excess overheating and burnout. We will see how nasal insulin helps her. I will report back with the results.

Cheers,

DareDevil

• Informative x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3693 lostfalco

• Topic Starter
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 02:44 AM

8 sprays a day is a lot from what I've read. Imdont think SNIFF went beyond 4 per day. Does anyone know a place with Wal-Mart prices that sells Novalin R online? I have no way to get anywhere at the moment. Itd be great to find something in the 30 to 40 range with shipping.

Hey Valijon, you're right, 80IU is a little high (SNIFF is using 40IU) but 160IU per day (16 sprays) has been tested in multiple human studies without serious side effects. I don't necessarily recommend that people go that high (minimum effective dosing is better) but if lower doses don't work then I see no problem with following the data (two sample studies below) and testing 160IU. 

I haven't personally ordered from this site but a number of people have reported good results ordering Humulin R (it's pretty much identical to Novolin R) from here. http://www.roidsseek...lin-r-4199.html

Of course, WalMart is better (because it's legal) but if you can't get to Walmart then this might work. =)

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/15288712

Psychoneuroendocrinology. 2004 Nov;29(10):1326-34.

Intranasal insulin improves memory in humans.
Abstract

Previous studies have suggested an acutely improving effect of insulin on memory function. To study changes in memory associated with a prolonged increase in brain insulin activity in humans, here we used the intranasal route of insulin administration known to provide direct access of the substance to the cerebrospinal fluid compartment. Based on previous results indicating a prevalence of insulin receptors in limbic and hippocampal regions as well as improvements in memory with systemic insulin administration, we expected that intranasal administration of insulin improves primarily hippocampus dependent declaration memory function. Also, improvements in mood were expected. We investigated the effects of 8 weeks of intranasal administration of insulin (human regular insulin 4 x 40 IU/d) on declarative memory (immediate and delayed recall of word lists), attention (Stroop test), and mood in 38 healthy subjects (24 males) in a double blind, between-subject comparison. Blood glucose and plasma insulin levels did not differ between the placebo and insulin conditions. Delayed recall of words significantly improved after 8 weeks of intranasal insulin administration (words recalled, Placebo 2.92 +/- 1.00, Insulin 6.20 +/- 1.03, p < 0.05). Moreover, subjects after insulin reported signs of enhanced mood, such as reduced anger (p < 0.02) and enhanced self-confidence (p < 0.03). Results indicate a direct action of prolonged intranasaladministration of insulin on brain functions, improving memory and mood in the absence of systemic side effects. These findings could be of relevance for the treatment of patients with memory disorders like in Alzheimer's disease.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/16936707

Neuropsychopharmacology. 2007 Jan;32(1):239-43. Epub 2006 Aug 16.

Intranasal insulin improves memory in humans: superiority of insulin aspart.
Abstract

There is compelling evidence that intranasal administration of regular human insulin (RH-I) improves memory in humans. Owing to the reduced tendency of its molecules to form hexamers, the rapid-acting insulin analog insulin aspart (ASP-I) is more rapidly absorbed than RH-I after subcutaneous administration. Since after intranasal insulin administration, ASP-I may also be expected to access the brain, we examined whether intranasal ASP-I has stronger beneficial effects on declarative memory than RH-I in humans. Acute (40 IU) and long-term (4 x 40 IU/day over 8 weeks) effects of intranasally administered ASP-I, RH-I, and placebo on declarative memory (word lists) were assessed in 36 healthy men in a between-subject design. Plasma insulin and glucose levels were not affected. After 8 weeks of treatment, however, word list recall was improved compared to placebo in both the ASP-I (p<0.01) and the RH-I groups (p<0.05). ASP-I-treated subjects performed even better than those of the RH-I-treated group (p<0.05). Our results indicate that insulin-induced memory improvement can be enhanced by using ASP-I. This finding may be especially relevant for a potential clinical administration of intranasal insulin in the treatment of memory disorders like Alzheimer's disease.

• like x 2

#3694 lostfalco

• Topic Starter
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 02:47 AM

Hi LostFalco,

I won't be able to help my grandmother until the summer, when one of her sons will bring this therapy to her attention and help her administer treatment. This is  because his siblings are entirely trusting of mainstream medical practitioners who say to let her wither away naturally lol. They are equally mistrusting of any form of alternative medication. So this must be spearheaded by her son and not by a grandchild who would be opposed, barring the path to treatment. It is a shame this causes delay and increased cognitive decline, fortunately it can be reversed.

Meanwhile I have brought back from vacation several vials of Walmart Novolin R for a friend who works in a highly demanding financial job where her brain has been overtaxed. She has been suffering memory loss probably mainly from excess overheating and burnout. We will see how nasal insulin helps her. I will report back with the results.

Cheers,

DareDevil

Sounds great, DareDevil. Hope it helps your grandma and friend. The cool thing is that the cognitive benefits are typically better for women so there's a pretty good shot. I look forward to hearing how it goes for them. 

#3695 mkmossop

• 33 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 January 2017 - 05:04 AM

I think it is also might be partly due to how well the substance gets to the brain with each sniff? It isn't easy to target the right way until you remember how you sniffed when it works really quickly. I am highly reactive to any substance, noticing rapid effects. So I am able to adjust my intake technique in real time, as it becomes blatantly obvious when it works. If you don't notice effects then increase the number of sniffs. I hope this account helps.

DareDevil

How quickly are you noticing effects? So you haven't really noticed a cumulative effect... it's usually just right away?

Also how are you guys storing your insulin? I bought mine at the pharmacy where it was stored in the fridge, and the guy wanted to know if I was going home right away to keep it cold. However I read online that once you use it it should be stored in a cool dark place (not the fridge). So after I bought mine I didn't put it in the fridge and had it unopened for about a week. Right now I just keep it in a drawer.

#3696 Valijon

• 206 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 January 2017 - 09:33 PM

Thanks LostFalco. That's the lowest price shipped I've been able to find anywhere. I'm also curious if the effects are cumulative. Mkmossop. Nurses keep insulin unrefridgerated in med carts or Pyxis machines for days at a time. It should be ok to keep it in a cabinet.

#3697 lostfalco

• Topic Starter
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 10:19 PM

Also how are you guys storing your insulin? I bought mine at the pharmacy where it was stored in the fridge, and the guy wanted to know if I was going home right away to keep it cold. However I read online that once you use it it should be stored in a cool dark place (not the fridge). So after I bought mine I didn't put it in the fridge and had it unopened for about a week. Right now I just keep it in a drawer.

I recommend storing it in the fridge because 1) that's what they do in the intranasal scientific studies and 2) it will slow the breakdown of the insulin peptide. 

The Novolin R insert tells you to store it at room temperature because they are making recommendations for 'injected' insulin. There are two main reasons you want 'injected' insulin to be room temperature: 1) cold insulin is painful (to many) when injected, 2) cold insulin more easily forms air bubbles which is undesirable when injecting. 

The truth is, room temperature and the fridge are both fine but it will likely last longer (since some people are going beyond 28 days) if refrigerated. 

#3698 lostfalco

• Topic Starter
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 10:21 PM

Thanks LostFalco. That's the lowest price shipped I've been able to find anywhere. I'm also curious if the effects are cumulative. Mkmossop. Nurses keep insulin unrefridgerated in med carts or Pyxis machines for days at a time. It should be ok to keep it in a cabinet.

You're very welcome. 

The mood and energy effects occur pretty quickly (for most people) but the long term memory effects build over time (it takes 8 weeks in the studies). 

#3699 mkmossop

• 33 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 January 2017 - 10:27 PM

The always knowledgeable lostfalco  :-D.

Guess I'll be storing it in the fridge from now on... has been out of the fridge for a couple weeks until now though unfortunately. I definitely plan on going over 30 days per bottle (at least as a start).

#3700 lostfalco

• Topic Starter
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 10:28 PM

New study from Gonzalez-Lima!

Great stuff from him, as usual. 

The evidence just keeps getting better and better for the cognition enhancing benefits of LLLT. Love it. 

http://www.sciencedi...07474271630421X

Transcranial Infrared Laser Stimulation Improves Rule-Based, but not Information-Integration, Category Learning in Humans

Highlights
•Laser study of category learning, a fundamental aspect of human cognition.
•Transcranial infrared laser stimulation was directed at the lateral prefrontal cortex.
•Prefrontal rule-based learning was substantially improved by the laser stimulation.
•Striatal information-integration learning was not affected by the laser stimulation.
•Transcranial infrared laser showed potential as a form of cognitive enhancement.

Abstract

This is the first randomized, controlled study comparing the cognitive effects of transcranial laser stimulation on category learning tasks. Transcranial infrared laser stimulation is a new non-invasive form of brain stimulation that shows promise for wide-ranging experimental and neuropsychological applications. It involves using infrared laser to enhance cerebral oxygenation and energy metabolism through upregulation of the respiratory enzyme cytochrome oxidase, the primary infrared photon acceptor in cells. Previous research found that transcranial infrared laser stimulation aimed at the prefrontal cortex can improve sustained attention, short-term memory, and executive function. In this study, we directly investigated the influence of transcranial infrared laser stimulation on two neurobiologically dissociable systems of category learning: a prefrontal cortex mediated reflective system that learns categories using explicit rules, and a striatally mediated reflexive learning system that forms gradual stimulus-response associations. Participants (n = 118) received either active infrared laser to the lateral prefrontal cortex or sham (placebo) stimulation, and then learned one of two category structures—a rule-based structure optimally learned by the reflective system, or an information-integration structure optimally learned by the reflexive system. We found that prefrontal rule-based learning was substantially improved following transcranial infrared laser stimulation as compared to placebo (treatment X block interaction: F(1, 298)=5.117, p=0.024), while information-integration learning did not show significant group differences (treatment X block interaction: F(1, 288)=1.633, p=0.202). These results highlight the exciting potential of transcranial infrared laser stimulation for cognitive enhancement and provide insight into the neurobiological underpinnings of category learning.

Edited by lostfalco, 04 January 2017 - 10:34 PM.

• like x 2

#3701 alpal

• 59 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 11:19 AM

Hey lostfalco, I just finished the prototype of that site I told you about. I wanted to post it here to see what the community thinks and if they have feedback. To everyone else, its a website to help people collaboratively create knowledge bases on health topics without centralized curation or having to read through lots of comments. http://www.mubped.com

Im sure there are bugs so if you find any just message me :)

• like x 1

#3702 monowav

• 66 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 January 2017 - 01:57 PM

Hey lostfalco, I just finished the prototype of that site I told you about. I wanted to post it here to see what the community thinks and if they have feedback. To everyone else, its a website to help people collaboratively create knowledge bases on health topics without centralized curation or having to read through lots of comments. http://www.mubped.com

Im sure there are bugs so if you find any just message me :)

I'm not sure what you want on MubPed but I posted on the ECB system. If it's not appropriate there lmk and i'll delete it. 

#3703 alpal

• 59 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 02:15 PM

Totally appropriate. I built the site to help accelerate research. Whatever to that end is great

Edited by alpal, 06 January 2017 - 02:23 PM.

#3704 lostfalco

• Topic Starter
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 06:52 PM

I may have posted this before, but here is a really interesting study showing that donepezil increases mitochondrial biogenesis and ATP production in the hippocampus through AMPK activation!

Def gonna need to test this out in combo with LLLT and/or TULIP. 

"Our study revealed that donepezil promotes mitochondrial biogenesis and ATP production in neurons by activation of AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK), a well-known master switch for the regulation of energy metabolism [21, 22]" 

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/27002982

Neuropsychobiology. 2016;73(2):81-91. doi: 10.1159/000441522. Epub 2016 Mar 23.

Cholinesterase Inhibitor Donepezil Increases Mitochondrial Biogenesis through AMP-Activated Protein Kinase in the Hippocampus.

Abstract
OBJECTIVE: 

Donepezil, a widely prescribed drug for Alzheimer's disease (AD), is now considered to have multimodal actions beyond cholinesterase inhibition. We aimed to see whether donepezil enhances mitochondrial biogenesis and relevant signaling pathways since mitochondrial dysfunction is a key feature of the hypometabolic AD brain.

METHODS: 

As a metabolic gauge, AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK) was investigated as a tentative mediator of neurometabolic action of donepezil. Changes in phospho-AMPK levels, mitochondrial biogenesis, and ATP levels were measured upon donepeziltreatment using neuroblastoma cells, primary cultured neurons and ex vivo hippocampal tissue of adult mice.

RESULTS: 

Donepezil dose-dependently increased mitochondrial biogenesis and ATP levels as well as expression of PGC-1α and NRF-1 in neuroblastoma cells. Donepezil dose-dependently activated AMPK; however, inhibition of AMPK abolished the observed effects of donepezil, indicating that AMPK is a key mediator of donepezil's action. Notably, mitochondrial biogenesis upon donepezil treatment was mainly observed within dendritic regions of primary cultured hippocampal neurons. Levels of synaptic markers were also increased by donepezil. Finally, AMPK- dependent mitochondrial biogenesis by donepezil was confirmed in organotypic hippocampal tissue.

CONCLUSIONS: 

Our findings indicate that AMPK/PGC-1α signaling is involved in beneficial actions of donepezil on neurometabolism. Pharmacological activation of AMPK might be a promising approach to counteract AD pathogenesis associated with brain hypometabolism.

Edited by lostfalco, 06 January 2017 - 08:09 PM.

#3705 gocast

• 9 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 January 2017 - 01:44 AM

Hey lostfalco, what do you think about intranasal Methylene Blue? I tried it couple of times with mixed result. Will probably discontinue it for now until you or someone else have a say in it. It was just a little experiment combined with LLLT. (i thought maybe you would understand) Result = really productive days with work. LLLT has really lifted my depression btw! So much more has happened in my life the last 12 weeks. More too come!

I am really grateful for everything you and others are putting out there.

Edited by gocast, 07 January 2017 - 01:46 AM.

#3706 lostfalco

• Topic Starter
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 01:59 AM

Hey lostfalco, what do you think about intranasal Methylene Blue? I tried it couple of times with mixed result. Will probably discontinue it for now until you or someone else have a say in it. It was just a little experiment combined with LLLT. (i thought maybe you would understand) Result = really productive days with work. LLLT has really lifted my depression btw! So much more has happened in my life the last 12 weeks. More too come!

I am really grateful for everything you and others are putting out there.

That's awesome, gocast! I'm glad LLLT is working so well for you. I'm with you, I love it. 

Tbh, I've never even considered intranasal MB. ha  Didn't it turn your nose bright blue?

#3707 gocast

• 9 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 January 2017 - 02:12 AM

Haha, no blue nose here. I am mixed color white Dad, African mom, that leads me to my next question, how does LLLT go trough my little more brown skin?

#3708 lostfalco

• Topic Starter
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 02:19 AM

Haha, no blue nose here. I am mixed color white Dad, African mom, that leads me to my next question, how does LLLT go trough my little more brown skin?

haha Got it. I'm white so it would just look like had a smurf nose if I tried it. 

LLLT has been shown to make it through darker skin. It just doesn't make it quite as easily as it does through lighter skin. 

#3709 gocast

• 9 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 January 2017 - 04:22 AM

I went a little easy with the intranasal MB mix to begin with. I followed the MB mix guide that are floating around out there on the net. I got the MB from Ceretropic much better than the aquarium version, lostfalco do you know how to measure this powder more accurate without a weight? Maybe a reference photo?

#3710 EncyclopediaBrown

• 44 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 05:07 AM

haha Got it. I'm white so it would just look like had a smurf nose if I tried it. 

LLLT has been shown to make it through darker skin. It just doesn't make it quite as easily as it does through lighter skin. 

I currently have the vetrolaser would you still recommend it? How do you think it compares to the LED's given that it's 808nm? Better, worse, different the same? :)

Edited by EncyclopediaBrown, 09 January 2017 - 05:20 AM.

#3711 Brian amburn

• 4 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 08:34 PM

Hi there,

I was referred here to discuss and look for answers to my concussion.  I received one about two months ago and am still experiencing some PCS.  I am looking for answers and solutions to help me recover.  I have heard about using lasers to help treat some TBI symptoms, and I have read about some supplements.  I would greatly appreciate any advice.

Thanks,

Brian.

#3712 mkmossop

• 33 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 January 2017 - 11:05 PM

I currently have the vetrolaser would you still recommend it? How do you think it compares to the LED's given that it's 808nm? Better, worse, different the same? :)

Have you been using the CCTV LED? I'd be curious to know how it compares to the vertrolaser if you decide to try it out. I want to buy one but need to save up for it.

#3713 Bluecheer

• 111 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 January 2017 - 06:01 AM

There has been a lot of talk of photobiomodulation on this thread and I have not seen this publication so please see below. ( if it has been posted and I failed to note, please pm me and I'll delete this post ) 

"Abstract

Photobiomodulation also known as low-level laser (or light) therapy (LLLT), has been known for almost 50 years but still has not gained widespread acceptance, largely due to uncertainty about the molecular, cellular, and tissular mechanisms of action. However, in recent years, much knowledge has been gained in this area, which will be summarized in this review. One of the most important chromophores is cytochrome c oxidase (unit IV in the mitochondrial respiratory chain), which contains both heme and copper centers and absorbs light into the near-infrared region. The leading hypothesis is that the photons dissociate inhibitory nitric oxide from the enzyme, leading to an increase in electron transport, mitochondrial membrane potential, and adenosine triphosphate production. Another hypothesis concerns light-sensitive ion channels that can be activated allowing calcium (Ca2+) to enter the cell. After the initial photon absorption events, numerous signaling pathways are activated via reactive oxygen species, cyclic AMP, NO, and Ca2+, leading to activation of transcription factors. These transcription factors can lead to increased expression of genes related to protein synthesis, cell migration and proliferation, anti-inflammatory signaling, anti-apoptotic proteins, and antioxidant enzymes. Stem cells and progenitor cells appear to be particularly susceptible to LLLT."

https://www.research...l_Light_Therapy

#3714 resveratrol_guy

• 1,315 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 07:03 AM

Hi Lostfalco, I've decided to try INI with galantamine. Before I start, I was wondering... would it help to throw in, say, 20 ug of betaNGF to the refrigerated spray bottle containing the Novolin R? Or would this be redundant because (maybe) NGF (and thus implicitly the beta arm thereof) is downstream of insulin (in the brain, at least)?

The results I obtained from intranasal betaNGF were, in hindsight, spectacular with respect to visualization and olfactory function. At the time, I thought perhaps they were due to ashitaba chalcone that I was consuming, but now that I've been on chalcone for a while in the absence of betaNGF, I'd say that I'm pretty confident that betaNGF was in fact responsible for the observed effects. Those 2 brain functions have deteriorated notably since cessation. But they've been here before, and I plan to address them somehow soon.

For the record, the chalcone seems to be a great appetite killer and I previously posted photographic evidence of it destroying an age spot via oral administration. My skin looks great at the moment, although that could be due to a number of factors. The age spot never returned but for a faint "shadow".

Finally, just a nit: Please display full dates in your blog, which is hard to navigate chronologically because it says "Aug 10" instead of "Aug 10, 2016". It's a great resource to have.

#3715 Kalliste

• 1,147 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 09:09 PM

A discussion in a forum thread on cacao made me order Acacia Catechu extract. Right now Swanson seems to be out of it, thats where I got it last month. Will order more.

I'm a bit shocked to see it has almost no mention. Am I the only one tried?

I'm very impressed by this substance, it's the best libido boost I ever found (male) -- Also makes me very happy and creative.

This kind of mental change is quite impressive. And it adds well to the established effect of coffee so it must be more than just some caffeine replication.

Cacao thread:

http://www.longecity...t-memory/page-2

#3716 rikelme

• 174 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 09:40 PM

A discussion in a forum thread on cacao made me order Acacia Catechu extract. Right now Swanson seems to be out of it, thats where I got it last month. Will order more.

I'm a bit shocked to see it has almost no mention. Am I the only one tried?

I'm very impressed by this substance, it's the best libido boost I ever found (male) -- Also makes me very happy and creative.

This kind of mental change is quite impressive. And it adds well to the established effect of coffee so it must be more than just some caffeine replication.

Cacao thread:

http://www.longecity...t-memory/page-2

I tried it too, and still randomly pop a pill every few days. The only effect I've noticed is it keeps me awake late at night if taken later in the afternoon.

Lacking acute effects doesn't mean it is not beneficial in the long run.

#3717 resveratrol_guy

• 1,315 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 05:59 AM

Pursuant to my comments above, I have a few feedback points to make regarding INI, which I started a few days ago:

1. If INI increases postprandial thermogenesis, then shouldn't we dose before eating, instead of after, so as to shut down the appetite ASAP?

2. Personally I find it easier and safer to transfer the insulin via a sterile single-use syringe (over several full loads), but to each his own. (I do have to use an alcohol swab to sterilize the rubber cap on the insulin vial first, which can be a problem because it can cause alcohol to pool there for a while, in the path of the needle.)

3. Pump the spray bottle sharply. Otherwise you risk allowing the insulin to dribble out, which will deliver excessive concentrations to all the wrong places, such as your throat. I suggest practicing once after you fill the bottle, if for no other reason than to ensure that the insulin has been siphoned into the pump.

4. If you're looking for a caffeine sort of zap, you'll be sorely disappointed. The effects build over days, if not months.

5. Speaking as someone with fasting glucose comfortably in the 70s, I must admit that I was surprised by the effects. Logically, it shouldn't work because I don't seem to have anything close to T2D. But perhaps I'm actually closer to T3D, thanks to the BBB separating regions of insulin resistance, thereby allowing the brain to become more resistant than the body.

6. As far as effects are concerned, it's thus far been sort of a creeping thing. At first, I seemed to notice that my memory for food flavors and musical tunes had improved, which is about the last thing I actually need. But today, I started noticing that my memory for essential trivial information had markedly improved as well, for instance, exactly where I had parked, which pocket I stuck my receipt into, etc. I also seem to be having less trouble retaining and recalling names of new acquaintances. I've also been running lots of errands of late to unfamiliar places, and have noticed that I don't seem to forget the way into and out of the buildings and parking lots. All in all, it's kinda spooky, considering that this is way too soon and my dose is way too low (2x10 IU/d) to foster any significant neurogenesis. I guess the neurons are being induced to slurp up more glucose and start cleaning out their waste products.

7. I got some ketone test strips lately, so I've been trying to find any association between ketone level, INI, and brain fog. The only thing I've been able to discern thus far is that when my ketones drop, I seem to get somewhat dumber and substantially less energetic. It's not at the "coconut oil miracle" level, but it's noticeable.

8. Emotionally, I've noticed nothing. I'm still a basically happy person.

9. I've been waking up with a sort of sick feeling in the upper esophagus. This is probably exacerbated by the giant blobs of fat I'm eating, but I'm pretty sure it's related to the "medicinal" odor of the INI that collects at the back of my throat. I guess we're stuck with this at least until a replacement can be found for metacreosol.

10. I'm not taking betaNGF at the moment; I just decided to try INI first, with galantamine. (I've actually only taken a couple 4 mg doses of the latter thus far, so it's not much of a factor at this point.) My general impression is that betaNGF is fantastic for visualization enhancement, whereas INI is more valuable for situational "street" memory that ones needs for daily activities. That said, I've experienced a few astoundingly detailed visualizations, but for whatever reason they haven't persisted for more than a few minutes, thus far. So perhaps I have brain energy deficits to deal with first.

11. Last but not least, the day after I started dosing, I had perhaps my worst ever episode of sleep paralysis (not to be confused with sleep apnea). As unnerving as it was to be stuck there, unable to move a muscle for minutes, I realized that it might have been confirmation that my neurological environment had been recalibrated in some significant way, causing me to succumb to a rapid repayment of subclinical sleep deficit. I can't think of any other reasonable explanation, considering the rarity of such events.

#3718 lostfalco

• Topic Starter
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 12:17 AM

Pursuant to my comments above, I have a few feedback points to make regarding INI, which I started a few days ago:

Thanks for the detailed feedback, RG! I'm really glad you decided to test it out apart from NGF to begin with. It's always better to add one variable at a time if possible. I'm looking forward to hearing how i-insulin treats you going forward and I'm definitely interested hearing how it combines with NGF. 

#3719 LifeisBall

• 11 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 February 2017 - 02:31 AM

These studies say Uridine inhibit bone formation:

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/12210747

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC4687443/

Could taking uridine sublingually help in regards to uridine's effect on bone formation? Is there ways to effectively offset this?

Also I can see uridine is a popular supplements around here, has this been discussed and the other potential long term side effects like heart disease, insulin resistance, and cancer complications? Just want your opinion.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3720 EncyclopediaBrown

• 44 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 04:29 AM

I'm wondering if the vetrolaser would have a negative impact on Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia.

https://www.cancer.o...hat-is-cll.html

It uses wavelength of 809nm 300w

Here's a study

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC4431967/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nootropic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Topic Led By