* * * * * 2 votes

NSI-189 2nd Group Buy

nsi 189

• Please log in to reply
324 replies to this topic

#151 Guacamolium

• 747 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:39 PM

How about joining in on the buy? Help us get to 1Kg....You can on sell to anyone who missed out on the group buy...there are always quite a few who miss out. If you want more, we can go more than a kilo and maybe bring the price down even more....

Hello gentlemen,

I'm Jason (Guacamolium over at reddit.com.) I'm also the founding co-owner of ceretropic.com. The other co-owner is a moderator at reddit.com/nootropics and /stackadvice. His name is Paul, and his username on reddit is mryouaresodumb. We made a few snafoos when it came to launch (like the preposterous international shipping prices for instance.)

So we switched mometarily to USA only orders, and even held Coluracetam for a few people that are overseas that felt left out until we can optimize the international shipping process for our customers.

We both mutually decided that to reinvest 100% of the profits back into company for the time being will expand the nootropic movement by introducing improved ligands hat have been sitting idle for quite some time, and paying for NMR testing standards to compounds that don't already have them, which is expensive but allows not only us to do COA's on things like Coluracetam, but for our competitors to have the option to do so as well.

I'm not worried about the concerns over NSI-189. We anticipated that the issue would come up upon somebody mentioning it, and without going into details - we've already got it covered.

Also, I wish you guys luck on the group buy! Sounds awesome and it'll give you a taste of NSI-189 and what stacks with it before it goes down in price.

Best regards,

Jason

We put a lot of thought into the progression of our products. There are a lot of factors like availabilty, marketability, catalog homology, uniqueness, and profitability that Paul and myself have to consider with each new induction.

I will discuss with Paul the advantages of expanding this group buy to reduce the price for everybody in on it, <b>but we cannot make a claim or promise here, yet.</b> Let us reexamine our financial situation and catalog strategy. We were going a different direction last night but this <b>might</b> be better.

I will personally give a yes or no in the next 48 hours after we examine all the facets of the impact that this decision will cause in terms of ripple-effect for consumers and long-term benefit for our business model. NSI-189 has a glaring loophole in the patent wording from the holder, but the issue goes deeper if we act upon the loophole(s). I cannot give details on that particular issue further, sorry. (further nebulous elucidation below [bottom], I couldn't help myself.)

Regardless of Longecity's group buy, our current projection for NSI-189 based on our catalog forecasting (and 566 if we can find an accurate bond-line structure of it) Is 1st or 2nd quarter 2014. If sooner, then awesome, for everybody - except Neuralstem, lol.

Please do not misconstrue me though; Neuralstem is a company that is trying to advance pharmacology/medicine, and is doing a great job at it, but the nootropic movement and their business model are different slices of the same pizza. Strangely enough, other competitors have warned us about selling NSI-189, and that brings into question in my mind that they have little knowledge of both chemistry and patents.

- Jason
  • like x 2

#152 Guacamolium

• 747 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:03 PM

As a heads up, some active members of the Reddit nootropics community have just started their own nootropics company: http://ceretropic.com/ (thread with details: http://www.reddit.co...eretropiccom/)

They will initially be re-investing 100% of their profits back into custom synthesis so new novel compounds
like GLYX-13 and IRDA-21 will become affordable. (BTW, at the time of this posting they have COLURACETAM in limited supply with more expected later).

Here's their response about getting NSI-189 synthesized:
"I'm really glad you mentioned NSI-189. For the past 3 months or so I have been incredibly interested in this compound and it's one of our top priorities. We have devised a way to get it manufactured for a commercially viable price from a reputable company.
Expect NSI-189 before GLYX-13, but we also have a couple new products coming within the next few weeks too. We will continually be updating our site, so check back with us our sign up with us and we'll email our customers only when new products come in or we are having a promotion."

Seems like going with a trustworthy vendor would be a lot more convenient than managing the logistics for a $32,000 group buy. Thoughts?

Pfffff, did you check their International shipping costs? I really think you should...

I was interested in their sublingual Noopept, until I found out that shipping would be nearly $90 - the noopept itself is only $20.

Even bad feedback is good feedback; it helps us improve.

In this case we were struggling with merchant servicers and launching, and made mistakes along the way. We are a company that will always respect the opinions of our customers and the overall nootropic movement in general.

- Jason

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#153 cATsE

• 56 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:29 PM

As a heads up, some active members of the Reddit nootropics community have just started their own nootropics company: http://ceretropic.com/ (thread with details: http://www.reddit.co...eretropiccom/)

They will initially be re-investing 100% of their profits back into custom synthesis so new novel compounds
like GLYX-13 and IRDA-21 will become affordable. (BTW, at the time of this posting they have COLURACETAM in limited supply with more expected later).

Here's their response about getting NSI-189 synthesized:
"I'm really glad you mentioned NSI-189. For the past 3 months or so I have been incredibly interested in this compound and it's one of our top priorities. We have devised a way to get it manufactured for a commercially viable price from a reputable company.
Expect NSI-189 before GLYX-13, but we also have a couple new products coming within the next few weeks too. We will continually be updating our site, so check back with us our sign up with us and we'll email our customers only when new products come in or we are having a promotion."

Seems like going with a trustworthy vendor would be a lot more convenient than managing the logistics for a $32,000 group buy. Thoughts?

Pfffff, did you check their International shipping costs? I really think you should...

I was interested in their sublingual Noopept, until I found out that shipping would be nearly $90 - the noopept itself is only $20.

Even bad feedback is good feedback; it helps us improve.

In this case we were struggling with merchant servicers and launching, and made mistakes along the way. We are a company that will always respect the opinions of our customers and the overall nootropic movement in general.

- Jason

Yeah, I just noticed you already fixed it. Now the shipping to Europe is very reasonable and in line with other US vendors. Thanks!
  • like x 1

#154 baronjpetor

• 24 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:53 PM

I'll go with 10 grams please.

#155 researchist

• 176 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:26 PM

Is there any news about when this is moving forward? The posts by the guys in the first buy are mostly very interesting. What about it Centropic. Are you joining with us to buy a kilo? or do you want to stock it and sell it to the eager buyers here at Longecity for a good price?

#156 Xenix

• 212 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:14 PM

and 566 if we can find an accurate bond-line structure of it)

Umm...

Neuralstem Cell Therapy for ALS
Product status:
U.S.: NSI-566 Phase II trial approved by FDA, with commencement expected in second half of 2013; Phase I safety trial ended in February 2013

Mechanism of Action: Rebuilding neural circuitry
Route of Administration: Direct injections into the spinal cord

Intraspinal injections... yeah...
  • like x 2

#157 Patrick Sylvester

• 67 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:33 PM

I know rite?
all things considered, It seems to me ceretropics best course of action for everyone including themselves would be to place as large an order with this buy as possible. However being so overt is definitely worrisome. has ceretropic been invited to the hidden thread?

#158 researchist

• 176 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:50 PM

PWAIN asked them to join in #150 at the top of this page.. Centropic or Jason responded very positively and said they he give a considered answer in 48 hours. I think that more than 48 hours have passed but maybe something is going on behind the scenes.. I don't know what the guy who is heading up this buy thinks of this. If everything goes well I would think they would given access tp the hidden thread.

#159 chemicalambrosia

• 393 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:24 PM

Umm...

Product status:
U.S.: NSI-566 Phase II trial approved by FDA, with commencement expected in second half of 2013; Phase I safety trial ended in February 2013

"Strangely enough, other competitors have warned us about selling NSI-189, and that brings into question in my mind that they have little knowledge of both chemistry and patents."

We must be missing something. :happy:
  • like x 1
  • dislike x 1

#160 cougar

• 114 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:59 AM

What do you guys mean by "hidden thread"? Does this mean that some people are actually posting in that "secret thread" discussing about their own second group buy?

Edited by cougar, 26 August 2013 - 03:00 AM.

#161 Guacamolium

• 747 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:15 AM

Is there any news about when this is moving forward? The posts by the guys in the first buy are mostly very interesting. What about it Centropic. Are you joining with us to buy a kilo? or do you want to stock it and sell it to the eager buyers here at Longecity for a good price?

Umm...

Product status:

Glad you caught that, when reading about NSI-566 months ago I noted it, but then glossed-over that obstacle obviously just recently. Yeah that ROA gives me cringes just thinking about it, haha.

- Jason

I know rite?
all things considered, It seems to me ceretropics best course of action for everyone including themselves would be to place as large an order with this buy as possible. However being so overt is definitely worrisome. has ceretropic been invited to the hidden thread?

Received a couple PM's, but no, haven't been invited to the hidden thread. Should I be?

- Jason

PWAIN asked them to join in #150 at the top of this page.. Centropic or Jason responded very positively and said they he give a considered answer in 48 hours. I think that more than 48 hours have passed but maybe something is going on behind the scenes.. I don't know what the guy who is heading up this buy thinks of this. If everything goes well I would think they would given access tp the hidden thread.

We weren't expecting to get asked into a group buy, so that definitely threw Paul and I for a loop. I'm part of the hidden thread now. Our answer right now is maybe. I need to PM Scienceguy (and a couple others) about a few things. There are also people both comfortable and uncomfortable with going with another lab entirely, which could or could not complicate things. Helping this community out with this is still in the cards, but I need to do some PM's because that will help elucidate the situation and hopefully help get this GB advanced a bit faster.

- Jason
  • like x 1

#162 researchist

• 176 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:38 AM

That is perfect. Someone went ahead and got you into the private area where you can discuss details more discretely. You are in PM contact with SG who I have found in my short association with Longecity is the guy everyone counts on for ethical and informed handling of matters like this. This buy has grown quite large and judging by the number of views of this thread just from members, there is huge potential interest in this compound. I look forward to some kind of great synergy emerging from this relationship. All the 2nd buy participants want to get this buy finished yesterday. The 1st group seems to be reporting very interesting results. I am waiting anxiously to start a study of this chemical and have I have also been looking for a source of GLYX-13 for some time. So I hope that becomes available soon.
  • like x 1

#163 Xenix

• 212 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:03 AM

Umm...

Product status:

Glad you caught that, when reading about NSI-566 months ago I noted it, but then glossed-over that obstacle obviously just recently. Yeah that ROA gives me cringes just thinking about it, haha.

- Jason

Well, if NSI-566 turns out to be a potent nootropic which is effective from single dosing AND you can get some synthesized, let me know, I'm interested. I'm not keen on injecting myself (or having someone else do it for me) in the spine on a daily basis, but I would definitely be willing to if can significantly improve cognition from a single dose.

...the things we do for love.

Edited by Xenix, 26 August 2013 - 06:04 AM.

#164 spookytooth

• 211 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:17 PM

That is perfect. Someone went ahead and got you into the private area where you can discuss details more discretely. You are in PM contact with SG who I have found in my short association with Longecity is the guy everyone counts on for ethical and informed handling of matters like this. This buy has grown quite large and judging by the number of views of this thread just from members, there is huge potential interest in this compound. I look forward to some kind of great synergy emerging from this relationship. All the 2nd buy participants want to get this buy finished yesterday. The 1st group seems to be reporting very interesting results. I am waiting anxiously to start a study of this chemical and have I have also been looking for a source of GLYX-13 for some time. So I hope that becomes available soon.

GLYX-13 is on the top of my list as well. An antidepressant you only have to take every two weeks... sounds dreamy :)

#165 researchist

• 176 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:22 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GLYX-13
Antidepressent effect lasting 2 weeks
onset 20 minutes
protects neurons from death when oxygen or glucose deprived
theraputic index of 500 (ratio of toxic dose over the theraputic dose)
promotes LTP
antinoceceptive activity (pain reliever)

Burgdorf et al (2009) The N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor modulator GLYX-13 enhances learning and memory, in young adult and learning impaired aging rats. Neurobiol.Aging 32 698. PMID: 19446371.
Sadly, it doesn't mow the lawn.

#166 chemicalambrosia

• 393 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:49 PM

Umm...

Product status:

- Jason

Well, if NSI-566 turns out to be a potent nootropic which is effective from single dosing AND you can get some synthesized, let me know, I'm interested. I'm not keen on injecting myself (or having someone else do it for me) in the spine on a daily basis, but I would definitely be willing to if can significantly improve cognition from a single dose.

...the things we do for love.

NSI-566 is a line of human stem cells...

#167 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:30 AM

GLYX-13 would be hard a hell to synth AFAIK; but, would be awesome nevertheless. I don't know what the other guys from cerenootropics were thinking with selling NSI-189 unless they want to get a lawsuit rammed up their asses. Sorry for the strong terminology.
  • like x 1

#168 cougar

• 114 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:57 AM

Can somebody invite me to join the hidden thread please?

Thanks in advance
  • dislike x 2

#169 Betterself

• 41 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:45 PM

The links to the hidden threads are in post #113 of this thread.
Your welcome :)
  • like x 1

#170 cougar

• 114 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:20 AM

Thanks Betterself, I actually had known that already and was in already, I just thought it was something else.
  • dislike x 1

#171 Guacamolium

• 747 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:20 PM

GLYX-13 would be hard a hell to synth AFAIK; but, would be awesome nevertheless. I don't know what the other guys from cerenootropics were thinking with selling NSI-189 unless they want to get a lawsuit rammed up their asses. Sorry for the strong terminology.

It's the loss of yield from each new coupling reaction which is making th price higher right now.. If CJC-1295 can be done affordable for olympic atheletes and MMA fighters, GLYX-13 can be done too. Come high or hell water, we'll make it work.

- Jason

#172 NootropicEU

• 214 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:41 PM

I would like to opt out if possible(not too late).

#173 vlk

• Life Member
  • 122 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:30 PM

It's never too late if you haven't paid yet ;)

We are now almost ready to start this group buy!
If you have any questions about how this buy will be managed, or want to help, please join the discussion here:
payment-and-logistics

If you just want to participate, please join the group here and indicate how much you want. (Instructions and info in the group description)
nsi-189-2nd-group-buy

Edited by vlk, 29 August 2013 - 05:31 PM.

• like x 1

#174 arcticjoe

• 101 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:46 PM

i'm in for 3g.

#175 ihsanozkan

• 16 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:24 PM

I am in for 2g.

#176 joseph583984

• 16 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:00 AM

I'm in for 3 grams. Thanks.

#177 cyberger

• 136 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 05:38 PM

We've got enough interest to make the 2nd group buy of NSI-189 at $32/gram (http://www.longecity...-and-logistics/), so we now need to figure out how to safely transfer $16,000 to $32,000 to the manufacturer. (This is cross-posted to maximize exposure).

Overview: Partial payments are made in groups, with each group waiting on the previous group's payments being certified by the manufacturer before proceeding. Everything is done as publicly as possible (while still using pseudonyms) giving the best chance of catching fraud or mistakes.

PROCESS FOR INDIVIDUALS MAKING PAYMENTS

1. Vlk publicly posts the pay-it-square address where he will receive payments and the target amount for the first group (say $1,000 for the first group to test everything).
2. Anybody can start paying following these 2 steps: Deposit money on the pay-it-square website, then POST THEIR PAYMENT PAYMENT AMOUNT TO A PUBLIC THREAD ON LONGECITY (where comments cannot be edited or deleted by vlk).
3. Once the target amount is reached (which can be verified manually, and will be viewable on the google spreadsheet), Vlk or anyone else can post that NO FURTHER PAYMENTS SHOULD BE MADE until the manufacturer receipt of payment is certified.
4. Once the payment is certified (Details below) Vlk opens up a new pay-it-square destination to collect payments.

PROCESS FOR MANUFACTURER CERTIFIYING PAYMENTS

The manufacturer opens up a new pseudonym account on Longecity which will be used to verify payments have been received. To make sure this account is legitimate (and not controlled by Vlk), 3-5 trusted Longecity members vouch that the manufacturer has communicated to them that the the pseudonym account is legitimate. These 3-5 trusted Longecity members also indicate they have Vlks passport/identity data which can be made public if there is any fraud.

Once the manufacturer's pseudonym is certified the payment verification process is simple. Vlk posts to the certification thread that the payment was sent, and then manufacturer posts that the payment is received.

Here would be my nominees for the certifiers: ScienceGuy, CyronicsCulture, YadaYada, SunshineFrost.

What would be really good is if ScienceGuy was one of the certifiers. It would just involve him making a single post that he had Vlks passport identity data, and a confirmation of the manufacturer's pseudonym.

Comments/suggestions welcome.

#178 MizTen

• 261 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 September 2013 - 10:54 PM

We are now almost ready to start this group buy!
If you have any questions about how this buy will be managed, or want to help, please join the discussion here:
payment-and-logistics

If you just want to participate, please join the group here and indicate how much you want. (Instructions and info in the group description)
nsi-189-2nd-group-buy

Thank you, vlk. This is a Project, for sure. :excl:

My question below is pretty key for me personally and anyone else that is buying significant quantities.

Does anyone know the shelf life and/or heat, moisture, UV sensitivities of this compound?

#179 h2o

• 52 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:12 PM

Thank you, vlk. This is a Project, for sure. :excl:

My question below is pretty key for me personally and anyone else that is buying significant quantities.

Does anyone know the shelf life and/or heat, moisture, UV sensitivities of this compound?

I was thinking the exact same thing MizTen. NSI has been very good to me so far for treating chronic depression, and I am planning on doing a year trial so obviously I would like the best way to preserve the compound. The best source is none other than the lab itself, so whoever is in direct contact with them please kindly ask them about this issue. That would be well appreciated :)

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#180 vlk

• Life Member
  • 122 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:02 PM

I don't know, I was planning on shipping in small amber glass jars for those reasons, but I have no idea (yet?) how sensitive it is to these factors.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nsi 189

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users