- - - - -

PQQ as a Dopamine Protector

pqq dopamine receptor inositol forskolin threonate 6-hydroxydopamine

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Ukko

• 190 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 08:28 PM

This stack is working wonderfully for me. It targets, not so much dopamine production, but above all mitigates the toxicity of oxidized dopamine on the dopamine receptor as well as protects, boosts the sensitivity and increases the density of such receptors. The seminal study that got me thinking about a stack like this is here:

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/17268846

MORNING STACK (TO WAKE UP AND PROTECT THE DOPAMINE RECEPTORS)

20-30mg of PQQ

500mg Ester-C (or alternatively some Magnesium Threonate for its threonate)

300mg of CDP choline (or alternatively some UMP uridine)

20mg of forskolin (optional)

...I guess some could add some tyrosine/NALT, but I have not needed to

EVENING STACK (TO PROTECT THE DOPAMINE RECEPTORS)

20-30mg of PQQ

500mg Ester-C (or alternatively some Magnesium Threonate for its threonate)

6000-18000mg of inositol

500mg of NAC (or alternatively some taurine) 

Really really profoundly energizes me. Can feel the dopamine humming naturally with no jiters. Love it.

Edited by Ukko, 13 July 2013 - 08:36 PM.

• like x 3

#2 lammas2

• 137 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:57 AM

Why taurine?

All three amino acids at 36 mumol elevated striatal DOPAC, homotaurine (51%) more than taurine (31%) or GABA (30%), and hypothalamic DOPAC, both taurine (102%) and homotaurine (82%) clearly more than GABA (34%).

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1407006

Great stack btw.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 meatsauce

• 329 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 01:39 AM

The pqq doesn't give you insomnia at night? If I take even 10mg in the morning I have trouble falling asleep.

#4 Ukko

• Topic Starter
  • 190 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:13 AM

We likely have very different brain chemistry. Nothing ever gives me insomnia. Not even the life stressors that kind of should....

#5 3AlarmLampscooter

• 352 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:41 AM

Looks like an especially great stack for anyone on amphetamines as far as neuroprotection and dose reduction goes.

#6 mait

• 256 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:50 PM

I am using gynostemma and taurine as centrals parts in my stack to improve my motivation and dopaminergic system. Gynostemma because of this finding: http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/20428081 .

#7 truboy

• 178 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:02 PM

We likely have very different brain chemistry. Nothing ever gives me insomnia. Not even the life stressors that kind of should....

Ukko you still take this stack? How is it working for you?

I am thinking about trying Forskolin to upregulate striatal dopamine d2 receptors.

Have you noticed effects on motivation/mood/social from Forskolin?

I know you was mostly focusing on PQQ, but still....

#8 Ukko

• Topic Starter
  • 190 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 05:47 PM

Ukko you still take this stack? How is it working for you?

I am thinking about trying Forskolin to upregulate striatal dopamine d2 receptors.

Have you noticed effects on motivation/mood/social from Forskolin?

I know you was mostly focusing on PQQ, but still....

I am still using it, but other stuff as well. Rhodiola, Noopept, nicotinamide riboside and DHEA stack nicely with that basic stack. Suppose PQQ is really key.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#9 socialpiranha

• 540 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 02:10 PM

i'm trying pqq with 7,8 dihydroxyflavone today

7,8-Dihydroxyflavone, a TrkB agonist, attenuates behavioral abnormalities and neurotoxicity in mice after administration of methamphetamine.

Ren Q1, Zhang JC, Ma M, Fujita Y, Wu J, Hashimoto K.

Author information

Abstract

RATIONALE:

It is widely recognized that methamphetamine (METH) induces behavioral abnormalities and dopaminergic neurotoxicity in the brain. Several lines of evidence suggest a role for brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) and its specific receptor, tropomyosin-related kinase (TrkB), in METH-induced behavioral abnormalities.
OBJECTIVE:

In this study, we examined whether 7,8-dihydroxyflavone (7,8-DHF), a novel potent TrkB agonist, could attenuate behavioral abnormalities and dopaminergic neurotoxicity in mice after administration of METH.
RESULTS:

Pretreatment with 7,8-DHF (3.0, 10, or 30 mg/kg), but not the inactive TrkB compound, 5,7-dihydroxyflavone (5,7-DHF) (30 mg/kg), attenuated hyperlocomotion in mice after a single administration of METH (3.0 mg/kg), in a dose-dependent manner. The development of behavioral sensitization after repeated administration of METH (3.0 mg/kg/day, once daily for 5 days) was significantly attenuated by pretreatment with 7,8-DHF (10 mg/kg). Furthermore, pretreatment and subsequent administration of 7,8-DHF (10 mg/kg) attenuated the reduction of dopamine transporter (DAT) in the striatum after repeated administration of METH (3.0 mg/kg × 3 at 3-hourly intervals). Treatment with ANA-12 (0.5 mg/kg), a potent TrkB antagonist, blocked the protective effects of 7,8-DHF on the METH-induced reduction of DAT in the striatum. Moreover, 7,8-DHF attenuated microglial activation in the striatum after repeated administration of METH.
CONCLUSIONS:

These findings suggest that 7,8-DHF can ameliorate behavioral abnormalities as well as dopaminergic neurotoxicity in mice after administration of METH. It is likely, therefore, that TrkB agonists such as 7,8-DHF may prove to be potential therapeutic drugs for several symptoms associated with METH abuse in humans.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pqq, dopamine, receptor, inositol, forskolin, threonate, 6-hydroxydopamine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users