• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
* * - - - 10 votes

IS THERE EVIDENCE FOR CHRISTIANITY???

christianity religion spirituality

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1818 replies to this topic

#1681 shadowhawk

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 November 2014 - 08:50 PM

Man and Woman He Created Them:

Edited by shadowhawk, 06 November 2014 - 08:51 PM.

• dislike x 1

#1682 Lewis Carroll

• 170 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 09:34 PM

SEX.
A Christian view.  Design and Natural law left out.

This thread is about "Evidence for Christianity"... you're breaking your own rules.

#1683 shadowhawk

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 November 2014 - 09:51 PM

That just shows you, you do not understand evidence.  Man, humans, were made in Gods image.  Therefore study the image of Man and you will have an Icon into the image of God.

• dislike x 1

#1684 The Brain

• 599 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 November 2014 - 09:55 PM

You've got to be kidding, because we have terms for describing behaviours or actions we detest that is proof of god ?

#1685 Lewis Carroll

• 170 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 09:56 PM

That just shows you, you do not understand evidence.  Man, humans, were made in Gods image.  Therefore study the image of Man and you will have an Icon into the image of God.

Were we made in the literal image of God? Suppose I were to run into God, would he would physically resemble me? Or do you mean humans resemble him more in a symbolic sense?

By the way, you're saying humans were made in the image of God; however, can you in reality even prove that God made humans to begin with? I don't think you can. As a result, your stating "Therefore study the image of Man and you will have an Icon of the image of God" is rather pointless and foundation-less. Though, I guess this entire thread is rather pointless and foundation-less to begin with...

Edited by MajinBrian, 06 November 2014 - 10:00 PM.

#1686 The Brain

• 599 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 November 2014 - 10:04 PM

SEX.
A Christian view. Design and Natural law left out.

Why doesn't god ever talk for himself instead of everyone speaking for him

We know the reason really, because god only exists in the minds of believers and they create and define what god is.

#1687 shadowhawk

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 November 2014 - 11:54 PM

You've got to be kidding, because we have terms for describing behaviours or actions we detest that is proof of god ?

As usual absolutely no argument here.  And who are "we?"  I haven't even started and you are blowing smok,e.

#1688 shadowhawk

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 November 2014 - 11:57 PM

Were we made in the literal image of God? Suppose I were to run into God, would he would physically resemble me? Or do you mean humans resemble him more in a symbolic sense?

By the way, you're saying humans were made in the image of God; however, can you in reality even prove that God made humans to begin with? I don't think you can. As a result, your stating "Therefore study the image of Man and you will have an Icon of the image of God" is rather pointless and foundation-less. Though, I guess this entire thread is rather pointless and foundation-less to begin with...

We haven't even started talking about it and you have prejudged it.  This is hardly a rebuttal.

#1689 shadowhawk

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 November 2014 - 12:01 AM

SEX.
A Christian view. Design and Natural law left out.

Why doesn't god ever talk for himself instead of everyone speaking for him

We know the reason really, because god only exists in the minds of believers and they create and define what god is.

How do you know how God communicates?  This is a clear expression of your faith.  Lets go on with the obvious, the nature of man.

• dislike x 1

#1690 The Brain

• 599 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 November 2014 - 03:29 AM

The nature of man is to create a god in his image

Not the other way around
  • like x 1

#1691 platypus

• 2,386 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 01:39 PM

The Pope said: http://www.independe...nd-9822514.html

#1692 shadowhawk

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 November 2014 - 07:24 PM

This is very close to what I have been saying all along.  Read my section on evolution in section one.  This is only a quick glimpse of the subject.  However, this is off topic here.

#1693 The Brain

• 599 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 November 2014 - 08:04 PM

Maybe you gave the pope the idea.
I mean, everything you say is so real.
Or maybe religio's have to make up stuff to make their god seem like the creator of all.

#1694 shadowhawk

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 November 2014 - 08:15 PM

SEX

The Christian view is that God created man, male and female.  The human body was made by God.  The body in a Christian view is complex.  It consists of a union of two elements, the physical or flesh and the spirit or soul.  For an Atheist you are only a body.

The body in the Christian view is physical and suffers the ultimate fate of all physical things, decay, disorganization and death.  The physical is not all there is and man also has a Spirit.  The body grows old and dies like all physical things but the Spirit is not of the sane nature.  It does not decay and die.  

Death in a Christian view is separation.  As long as the Spirit and Body are in union, you are a living soul.  However when the Spirit and Body separate your body, being physical, dies but the Spirit goes on.  Humans are a union of two elements, body and spirit and the result is they are a living soul.  When the body suffers the plight of all physical things the spirit and body separate and the physical dies being separated from the spirit.

We are male and female, irreducibly complex in that for humans to go on they need to procreate and new bodies start the process all over again.  Which came first the man or woman?  Unless both are present at the same time, humankind cannot exist.  Sex is a great mystery and without both man and woman, there is no human sex.

Edited by shadowhawk, 07 November 2014 - 08:16 PM.

#1695 Lewis Carroll

• 170 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 08:49 PM

SEX

The Christian view is that God created man, male and female.  The human body was made by God.  The body in a Christian view is complex.  It consists of a union of two elements, the physical or flesh and the spirit or soul.  For an Atheist you are only a body.

The body in the Christian view is physical and suffers the ultimate fate of all physical things, decay, disorganization and death.  The physical is not all there is and man also has a Spirit.  The body grows old and dies like all physical things but the Spirit is not of the sane nature.  It does not decay and die.  

Death in a Christian view is separation.  As long as the Spirit and Body are in union, you are a living soul.  However when the Spirit and Body separate your body, being physical, dies but the Spirit goes on.  Humans are a union of two elements, body and spirit and the result is they are a living soul.  When the body suffers the plight of all physical things the spirit and body separate and the physical dies being separated from the spirit.

We are male and female, irreducibly complex in that for humans to go on they need to procreate and new bodies start the process all over again.  Which came first the man or woman?  Unless both are present at the same time, humankind cannot exist.  Sex is a great mystery and without both man and woman, there is no human sex.

No evidence for God here... Please try to keep on subject, SH.

#1696 Lewis Carroll

• 170 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 08:49 PM

SEX

No evidence for God here... Please try to keep on subject, SH.

#1697 platypus

• 2,386 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 10:03 PM

Do you suck at your religion? 

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/religion

#1698 shadowhawk

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 November 2014 - 10:09 PM

I enjoy the shallow remarks.  :)  By the way, the subject is evidence for Christianity but since you don't know what evidence is, I will go on.

Edited by shadowhawk, 07 November 2014 - 10:12 PM.

#1699 The Brain

• 599 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 November 2014 - 12:26 AM

Yes except you like to promote your evidence as proof which it isn't but you have a duplitcitous manner, that like a con man or snake oil salesman. I find all religious trolls to be of a particular slimey nature.

#1700 shadowhawk

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 November 2014 - 12:48 AM

Have a good weekend.  I will.  When I come back I will address the human body. :)

#1701 serp777

• 622 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 01:18 AM

Have a good weekend.  I will.  When I come back I will address the human body. :)

Please spare us. Or don't come back to this forum period. Whatever works best for you. I'd also like to know if one single person has been persuaded by your argument. That is someone who didn't agree with you to begin with or someone who was ambivalent.

Also down to -8 rep from like 100 when you started this thread. I guess we could call you the fallen angel LOL

Edited by serp777, 08 November 2014 - 01:23 AM.

#1702 Soma

• 341 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 02:58 PM

I think I have figured out who the person is behind the "shadowhawk" moniker. It is none other than Kirk Cameron.

Attached Files

#1703 The Brain

• 599 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 November 2014 - 06:19 PM

Crazy old Kirk, lol

#1704 Lewis Carroll

• 170 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 10:21 PM

Please spare us. Or don't come back to this forum period. Whatever works best for you. I'd also like to know if one single person has been persuaded by your argument. That is someone who didn't agree with you to begin with or someone who was ambivalent.

Also down to -8 rep from like 100 when you started this thread. I guess we could call you the fallen angel LOL

He was around 250 reputation points when I began posting on this thread...

tumblr_lihsik6pef1qdvatvo1_400.jpg

#1705 shadowhawk

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 November 2014 - 09:59 PM

Typical empty ad hominem childish nonsense.  Not one word of serious rebuttal.  :)

#1706 The Brain

• 599 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 November 2014 - 12:25 AM

Not one word of serious proof either

Will you supply some soon

Don't want to rush you but this is page fifty six and people have been patient

#1707 shadowhawk

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 November 2014 - 12:36 AM

We are addressing sex and the nature of Humans right now.  Care to address anything I have said so far?

http://www.longecity...-57#entry696827

Edited by shadowhawk, 11 November 2014 - 12:39 AM.

#1708 Lewis Carroll

• 170 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 12:43 AM

We are addressing sex and the nature of Humans right now.  Care to address anything I have said so far?

http://www.longecity...-57#entry696827

Serious question(s)...

1. Do you behave the same way in real life as you do on these forums?

2. Do your children hold as deep belief as you do?

#1709 shadowhawk

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 November 2014 - 12:52 AM

Ad hominem .  Have a nice day. :)  Perhaps you have something intelligent to say? 

SEX

#1710 Lewis Carroll

• 170 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 12:55 AM

Ad hominem .  Have a nice day. :)  Perhaps you have something intelligent to say? 

SEX

It seems that you're providing this information as objective fact. Could you provide your peer-reviewed sources?

Also, if I am remembering correctly, Sunday School taught me that Adam, the man, came first.

And, why is sex such a great mystery?

Edited by MajinBrian, 11 November 2014 - 01:02 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: christianity, religion, spirituality

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users