Posted 07 December 2013 - 03:39 PM

Hi,

Ok

So

Last night I had 6 grams of magnesium
Plus my normals (listed below):
Praminootibut
prami noo ti but
Pramiracetam noopept tianeptine phenibut (and I'll add more to the stack later)

So Anyways I'm positive the magnesium helped me make up the acronym above this morning because I feel great, much less anxiety, plus confidence (but not the thinking I'm better than anyone haha), and a general sense of nootropic-state-of-mind well-being. The praminootibut effects had worn off by now.
It shouldn't matter the form (Scitris explains (Ctrl+F post "#23"): Link Here) but it was Albion brand magnesium glycinate from Swanson distributor (Albion brand has no side effects like others have noted using other brands in Amazon reviews). And it was inexpensive too at $5/180 pill bottle.

#2 theconomist

• 314 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 03:54 PM

Just going on a hunch here; your diet is not really optimal is it?
Most people are magnesium deficient and a large mega dose of magnesium can have that effect on some people. I gave a close friend of mine 1g of magnesium the a month ago and I swear the difference it made in his day was profound. Needless to say he now takes magnesium daily.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Colour

• Topic Starter
  • 86 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 09:52 PM

I eat most everything; meats, salads, fruits
It was 2 grams of actual magnesium (16 tabs). I believe it made me sleep most of the day today (Sunday) after taking it last night. I also have a more loose GI.

Theconomist, was your friend's diet not optimal? Mine is great, but I think magnesium still benefits me a little. Not so much as I made it seem in my first post above.

Edited by Colour, 07 December 2013 - 10:33 PM.

#4 theconomist

• 314 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:06 AM

I eat most everything; meats, salads, fruits
It was 2 grams of actual magnesium (16 tabs). I believe it made me sleep most of the day today (Sunday) after taking it last night. I also have a more loose GI.

Theconomist, was your friend's diet not optimal? Mine is great, but I think magnesium still benefits me a little. Not so much as I made it seem in my first post above.

Usual SAD diet so I'm pretty sure he was deficient.

#5 BioFreak

• 541 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 05:17 PM

What form of magnesium were you taking?

#6 Colour

• Topic Starter
  • 86 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:05 PM

It was magnesium glycinate. The positive effects I mention were more likely an afterglow from running a lot the day before.
I wouldn't take it again because it made me sleep 14 hours a day for 2 days. I was sleepy the all during the day, I couldn't work on anything really. This is a common effect and it was not good for me

#7 Next

• 42 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:15 PM

I remember first getting into magnesium supplementation and supplementation in general about 8 years ago when I read an article in Mens Health in which Bill Romanowski (former football player) claimed that magnesium induced vivid dreams.

I swear by threonate these days, started with oxide then went to citrate and have been trying to get my friends into it. I only take half a scoop of LEF neuromag before bed time and enjoy the ride... Some days I can't even take it because I am starting to mix dreams up with reality...

LEF magnesium caps contains a few variations including lysyl glycinate chelate, is that the one you are referring to?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#8 Colour

• Topic Starter
  • 86 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 04:31 AM

nah.
LoL nice dreams, what do they consist of?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: supplement, feel good, anxiety, help., brain health, magnesium

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users