Newbie Nootropic assistance? Long/short term memory, cognition etc

nootropic newbie memory

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 CityLimits_BoomBox

• 12 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 05:34 AM

Hello Nootropic gurus,

I have been reading the site for sometime and feel i should start my journey. About me: 29 male, no health/psych ailments, relatively happy, working full time and just returned to study (Psych Degree). I am finding short term memory, long term memory, concentration and cognitive function could do with a BIG helping hand. 

I would like to develop a tailored nootropic stack to assist with that above, starting simple and working up as i see fit and wish to experiment. What is a good stack to begin with?

There seems to be allot of variation as everyone's desires vary or have existing ailments, however the following does seem common as presented on the 'Ten months of research...' post: 

Piracetam
CDPCholine
Either sulbutiamine or pyritinol

Is there a better stack for my desires and what is a good beginner dosage?

Please also state if you recommendation is referring to powder or tablet form as i rarely see this mentioned?

I am happy to be my own guinea pig with your assistance and plan on keeping a diary to assist.

My current regimen is tablespoon of fish oil in morning, 1 x Swisse multivitamin for men morning and night, 1 x Swisse memory vitamin in morning - they were on special and i thought they couldn't hurt - however i would contemplate deleting one or both when working on my stack.

I have read and searched the forums but was unable to find all the answers, if i missed something please fee free to provide the link.

Thank you

#2 CityLimits_BoomBox

• Topic Starter
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 12:52 PM

Hi,

No responses to the OP but thought I would add a follow up. I have decided to start with the CILTeP stack while I investigate the OP.

For convenience I would prefer to purchase all the individual parts from one supplier; also cheaper on postage. From various posts I have come up with the following from iHerb:

Life Extension, Forskolin, 10 mg, 60 Veggie Caps

Primaforce, ALCAR, Acetyl L-Carnitine, Unflavored, 250 g Powder

Now Foods, L-Phenylalanine, 500 mg, 120 Capsules x 2

Jarrow Formulas, Artichoke 500, 500 mg, 180 Capsules

Is this a reputable selection for a CILTeP stack?

Also, shipping is capped up to 8lbs and this only comes in at 2. Does anyone have any recommendations from iHerb to fill the basket that will be useful as i progress?

Thanks

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nootropic newbie, memory

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users