• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Doc wont prescribe Ritalin (only legal stim apart from Modafinil ,Japan), is Selegiline the best alternative?

add sleep apnea lethargic piracetam selegiline l-deprenyl caffeine

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 AlexxxB

• 49 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 06:07 PM

Hi , I have recently been diagnosed with severe sleep apnea and self diagnosed as ADHD as its not recognized as a disease in Australia where I grew up or Japan where I reside.

The only doctor in my area for my sleeping disorder prescribed Modafinil which made me feel terrible and just awake at 400mg but  lost its efficacy in a few days  it cost me about $100 for the 3 100mg per day at 4 weeks anyway . The same doctor admitted that Ritalin is the only other drug he can prescribe but refused to prescribe it ,he said he wont prescribe to new patients as its so closely monitored in Japan .

The only things that have ever helped me was some Adderall which was left over by a friend that left the country (recently I found out this stuff is an illegal substance here) and a Ritalin tablet which I had tried a good few years back . 

I have also tried Piracetam+Choline this made me feel sleepy or edgy and was also a waste of time and money.

Recently I have had to rely on two cans of Monster daily and tramadol (for my knee pains) which helps with focus in combination with the high caffeine and B 12 Taurine (energy drinks). I know this stuff is all pretty bad but its keeping me alert enough not to have car accidents and feel almost normal during the day. 

L-Deprenyl kept popping up in my searches lately and I have finally found it and felt so relieved that this might be my only hope.

Is this medicine the closest thing that can give energy or motivation well-being similar to what I felt on Adderall or  Ritalin etc.

I still possibly might have a way to buy this from a website that sells it here (I don't get if they need a script) for about $2 per 5mg tablet but that is quite expensive right?

Just found out on Wiki that even l-deprenyl is classified as a controlled substance in Jap ...PITA  but It may be my only hope as its not as bad as trying to get other stuff in...  worse I face is package capture by customs etc. Its almost worth trying to get some form of it as I am not getting any better anytime soon...

Is L-Deprenyl worth trying?     Is it the closest thing to a stimulant ?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Edited by AlexxxB, 20 April 2014 - 06:35 PM.

#2 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 07:58 PM

You might want to look into RC's if you need stims so bad.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 ModaMinds

• 83 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 08:05 PM

Have you looked into Vyvanse? Not sure if it would also be illegal though if Adderall is illegal in your location.

#4 FW900

• 341 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:10 PM

Pemoline (Trade names: Cylert [US], Betanamin [Japan?]) is available in Japan and has shown efficacy in terms of treating both sleep disorders and ADHD. I've read posts elsewhere indicating that it could be a potential nootropic. Japan is the only country that still allows doctors to prescribe it. There was weak evidence that it damaged livers, but this is debatable as most of the cases happened in children and a few adults (likely daily drinkers) who were predisposed with a bad liver to begin with (only 21 documented cases to!). A lawsuit stemming from the liver controversy resulted in the FDA making it unavailable in the US and the bad publicity caused regulatory agencies in most other countries to follow suit. It has a very interesting mechanism of action to. Ask your doctor about Pemoline before trying anything else.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/10350032

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pemoline

As for Deprenyl, I'm not sure if this would be the case but from my limited understanding; Deprenyl as an MAO-I, it would reduce the amount of REM sleep you would get. This would probably be a good thing with hypersomnia or narcolepsy, but you mentioned that you have sleep apnea. people who suffer from sleep apnea already have a lack of REM sleep, so an MAO-I would not be a good idea. Plus the dosages of Deprenyl shown to combat excessive daytime sleepiness are 15-50 mg/a day and therefore would require a dietary modification to avoid tyramine rich foods to prevent a hypertensive crisis resulting from a potential 'cheese effect' (even though the 'cheese effect' even in high dosages is not really all that much of a factor especially compared to other MAO-Is, better to play it safely).

#5 blood

• 926 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 12:51 AM

Controlling the sleep apnea might eliminate the need for daytime stimulants (and also extend your life considerably).

Edited by blood, 21 April 2014 - 12:53 AM.

• like x 2
  • Good Point x 1

#6 Ritchie

• 183 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:53 AM

I agree with blood, have you tried controlling your sleep apnea?

I don't think Deprenyl is worth it due to the dietary restriction and potential danger that arrise from using a MAO inhibitor.

If you can be cured(or mostly cured) with caffeine or any of the other ingredients in monster energy drinks, then why not stick with them? I imagine these would be much less damaging than Ritalin. For your ADHD, on the other hand,  you could try L-tyrosine or Mucuna Pruriens(Both Dopamine and Noradrenaline precursors) and see if that helps. Other than that you could take some of the suggestions of other people such as Pemoline and Vyvanse. By the way have you tried any of the stronger racetams, such as oxiracetam and phenylpiracetam? They're much stronger than piracetam and might add some extra energy to what you're already taking.

#7 AlexxxB

• Topic Starter
  • 49 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:10 AM

Have you looked into Vyvanse? Not sure if it would also be illegal though if Adderall is illegal in your location.

I doubt that its available here judging from very little online info on it especially about it in Japan , is this something that is possible to buy online? Any sources? All I know is when receiving post in Japan any stims are a no but I'm willing to try for the less risky ones .

But there are so many of these around , I tried one not so long ago out of curiosity and felt absolutely sure that I will never touch this crap again. It was kinda euphoric for less then an hour and then it was pure hell ... Unless there is some breakthrough on a particular one or two. Theses are also risky to import but not illegal. I have also heard that some of these online RC stores stock l-deprenyl in the liquid form. 

Ask your doctor about Pemoline before trying anything else.

As for Deprenyl, I'm not sure if this would be the case but from my limited understanding; Deprenyl as an MAO-I, it would reduce the amount of REM sleep you would get. This would probably be a good thing with hypersomnia or narcolepsy, but you mentioned that you have sleep apnea. people who suffer from sleep apnea already have a lack of REM sleep, so an MAO-I would not be a good idea. Plus the dosages of Deprenyl shown to combat excessive daytime sleepiness are 15-50 mg/a day and therefore would require a dietary modification to avoid tyramine rich foods to prevent a hypertensive crisis resulting from a potential 'cheese effect' (even though the 'cheese effect' even in high dosages is not really all that much of a factor especially compared to other MAO-Is, better to play it safely).

I will ask about Pemoline , who prescribes this , neurologist or psychiatrist ? The guy in the sleep clinic is a dinosaur ...he has already stated the only two he does prescribe is Ritalin and Modafinil

If L-Deprenyl were to  work I really don't mind adjusting dietary modification to avoid tyramine rich foods and also use it with possibly caffeine to avoid having to raise dosage higher than 5mg a day.

Controlling the sleep apnea might eliminate the need for daytime stimulants (and also extend your life considerably).

I agree , I gave the C-pap machine a chance for a while and its so hard to get used to , I find myself ripping it off my face mid sleep because it is so physically annoying. 

I don't think Deprenyl is worth it due to the dietary restriction and potential danger that arrise from using a MAO inhibitor.

If you can be cured(or mostly cured) with caffeine or any of the other ingredients in monster energy drinks, then why not stick with them? I imagine these would be much less damaging than Ritalin. For your ADHD, on the other hand,  you could try L-tyrosine or Mucuna Pruriens(Both Dopamine and Noradrenaline precursors) and see if that helps. Other than that you could take some of the suggestions of other people such as Pemoline and Vyvanse. By the way have you tried any of the stronger racetams, such as oxiracetam and phenylpiracetam? They're much stronger than piracetam and might add some extra energy to what you're already taking.

Two Monster drinks per day cost $4 adds up when you look at it monthly , my main thing is the Tramadol also , I have to kick it , I know its habit forming and I think its more damaging to the body than what Ritalin would be , no?

I'm still skeptical with trying stronger racitams , all I hear is that they are much stronger wouldn't this be close to just mega dosing Piracetam ?, Anaracetam is also banned in Japan I think too .

I am not very worried about getting no REM sleep as I do take Xanax before bed time at the moment. All I need for now is something to help be feel good and normal , positive and energetic.

I forgot to mention , I am in my mid 30s and suffer from an almost non existent libido , I think this is because whilst training I was boosting my testosterone levels with herbal substances containing Tribulus Terresteris + I was on a couple of SSRi medications over the years when my libido disappeared...

Actually the only time my libido came back to normal was when I tried Adderall so this again is a reason why I'm steering towards Selegaline ...

Recently I have tried Cabergoline as this recovers libido problems in bodybuilders that use heavily (I'm not a steroid user but have damaged some natural hormone production not sure how and not necessarily Testosterone ) but it hasn't helped much at all.  Cabergoline however has helped me get a feeling of well-being though at times.

So far Selegeline (l-deprenyl) seems like might be what I need so far but I am willing to try all you guys suggest and I'm about to start reading up on each one... 

I might ask you guys for any good sources that ship worldwide on anything mentioned above.

Thank you again , very helpful !!!

Edited by AlexxxB, 21 April 2014 - 05:16 AM.

#8 ModaMinds

• 83 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:19 AM

I doubt that its available here judging from very little online info on it especially about it in Japan , is this something that is possible to buy online? Any sources? All I know is when receiving post in Japan any stims are a no but I'm willing to try for the less risky ones .

It's fairly difficult to get, so was just wondering if it was legal there. The only places to get it if you don't have someone locally to get it from is the deep web and it's expensive.

#9 FW900

• 341 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:41 AM

I will ask about Pemoline , who prescribes this , neurologist or psychiatrist ? The guy in the sleep clinic is a dinosaur ...he has already stated the only two he does prescribe is Ritalin and Modafinil

If L-Deprenyl were to  work I really don't mind adjusting dietary modification to avoid tyramine rich foods and also use it with possibly caffeine to avoid having to raise dosage higher than 5mg a day.

Sorry I do not have any first hand experience but, this thread I linked below states that (only?) psychiatrists are able to prescribe Pemoline/Betanamin in Japan. However, I'm fairly certain that the person in the thread is referring to a psychiatrist prescribing it for the treatment of ADD/ADHD---- I would imagine any doctor in Japan should be able to prescribe it for your excessive sleepiness.

http://www.addforums...hp/t-93609.html

If I were in your position, I would call the sleep doctor up once more and tell him the Modafinil is not working. Then, proceed to ask him if he is able to prescribe pemoline/betanamin as you have heard that it is effective for treating excessive sleepiness. Insist on it.

Here is a Japanese product information page:

http://www.rad-ar.or...ekka.cgi?n=1476

EDIT: Here is the Japanese Wikipedia page and a translated version of it:

http://ja.wikipedia....a.org/wiki/ペモリン

http://translate.goo...3%B3&edit-text=

If you do get a prescription for it, please keep us updated in this thread (or start a new one). I'm curious of how well it works for sleepiness and I'm also curious about it being a potential nootropic. Good luck!

Edited by FW900, 21 April 2014 - 06:46 AM.

#10 AlexxxB

• Topic Starter
  • 49 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:24 AM

Sorry I do not have any first hand experience but, this thread I linked below states that (only?) psychiatrists are able to prescribe Pemoline/Betanamin in Japan. However, I'm fairly certain that the person in the thread is referring to a psychiatrist prescribing it for the treatment of ADD/ADHD---- I would imagine any doctor in Japan should be able to prescribe it for your excessive sleepiness.

http://www.addforums...hp/t-93609.html

If I were in your position, I would call the sleep doctor up once more and tell him the Modafinil is not working. Then, proceed to ask him if he is able to prescribe pemoline/betanamin as you have heard that it is effective for treating excessive sleepiness. Insist on it.

Here is a Japanese product information page:

http://www.rad-ar.or...ekka.cgi?n=1476

EDIT: Here is the Japanese Wikipedia page and a translated version of it:

http://translate.goo...3%B3&edit-text=

If you do get a prescription for it, please keep us updated in this thread (or start a new one). I'm curious of how well it works for sleepiness and I'm also curious about it being a potential nootropic. Good luck!

Will do !!! Thanks Ill be reading the links and will make sure to get all my facts before going in to ask for Pemoline/Betanamin... 

my psychiatrist is much more helpful than the sleep doctor who hardly even listens to what I say. 

About Pemoline , the only thread I found was where the guy who was prescribed it it was under the conditions that monthly he had to see his psychiatrist and also a physician to have a blood test once a month...If that is the case this would be a total PITA

Quoting a post in that exact thread (I think its the only one on the subject)  you posted  by member SfumatoPants

Pemoline is prescribed in Japan, but given the requirement of having to undergo a monthly blood test, combined with the restriction that all psychiatric medication (Only psychs can prescribe for ADD, anxiety, depression, bipolar, etc... in Japan) prescriptions are only 1 month in duration, it is often though to be more trouble than it's worth - taking pemoline would involve 2 required medical appointments per month, one with your prescribing psych and one with a medical doctor for the blood test."

Anyone else that can chime in on the L-Deprenyl as how effective it is to help out with energy motivation and also its sexual or effects on libido? 

Edited by AlexxxB, 21 April 2014 - 07:28 AM.

#11 Ritchie

• 183 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:48 PM

Two Monster drinks per day cost $4 adds up when you look at it monthly , my main thing is the Tramadol also , I have to kick it , I know its habit forming and I think its more damaging to the body than what Ritalin would be , no?

I'm still skeptical with trying stronger racitams , all I hear is that they are much stronger wouldn't this be close to just mega dosing Piracetam ?, Anaracetam is also banned in Japan I think too .

I am not very worried about getting no REM sleep as I do take Xanax before bed time at the moment. All I need for now is something to help be feel good and normal , positive and energetic.

I forgot to mention , I am in my mid 30s and suffer from an almost non existent libido , I think this is because whilst training I was boosting my testosterone levels with herbal substances containing Tribulus Terresteris + I was on a couple of SSRi medications over the years when my libido disappeared...

Actually the only time my libido came back to normal was when I tried Adderall so this again is a reason why I'm steering towards Selegaline ...

Recently I have tried Cabergoline as this recovers libido problems in bodybuilders that use heavily (I'm not a steroid user but have damaged some natural hormone production not sure how and not necessarily Testosterone ) but it hasn't helped much at all.  Cabergoline however has helped me get a feeling of well-being though at times.

So far Selegeline (l-deprenyl) seems like might be what I need so far but I am willing to try all you guys suggest and I'm about to start reading up on each one... 

I might ask you guys for any good sources that ship worldwide on anything mentioned above.

I believe the loss of libido is due to dopamine depletion(Tramadol is a serotonin releasing agent). Because Adderall is a dopamine releasing agent, this may be why it brought your libido back. You could try supplementing with dopamine precursors such as Mucuna Pruriens(Strong precursor) and L-tyrosine(Weak Precursor). You could of course use dopaminergic drugs like Ritalin for short term relief but these would only desensitize dopamine receptors further in the long term.

#12 Godof Smallthings

• 710 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:53 AM

Based on my limited experience zinc, L-phenylalanine and Sulbutiamine all boost libido in a noticeable but non-extreme way. Sulbutiamine + sencha is good for focus.

How's your weight right now? I took the edge off my sleep apnea by daily 45 min walks in the morning.

#13 AlexxxB

• Topic Starter
  • 49 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 07:59 PM

Based on my limited experience zinc, L-phenylalanine and Sulbutiamine all boost libido in a noticeable but non-extreme way. Sulbutiamine + sencha is good for focus.

How's your weight right now? I took the edge off my sleep apnea by daily 45 min walks in the morning.

I will try all these apart from the Zinc which I take daily and all it does is make me just wanna shoot my load in a really  non aroused way...

Edited by AlexxxB, 24 April 2014 - 08:02 PM.

#14 AlexxxB

• Topic Starter
  • 49 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:06 PM

I believe the loss of libido is due to dopamine depletion(Tramadol is a serotonin releasing agent). Because Adderall is a dopamine releasing agent, this may be why it brought your libido back. You could try supplementing with dopamine precursors such as Mucuna Pruriens(Strong precursor) and L-tyrosine(Weak Precursor). You could of course use dopaminergic drugs like Ritalin for short term relief but these would only desensitize dopamine receptors further in the long term.

You are on to something there Mucuna Puriens  looks like what I might need , will get some off ebay soon.

You are on to something there Mucuna Puriens  looks like what I might need , will get some off ebay soon. I will also be trying Tongkat Ali 

I have tried these weird (seriously weird ingredients) Chinese sex pills they helped and later I tried to search the ingredients and  there are animal parts such as deer penis in them. This so far is the only natural remedy that worked quite well , strage I know but were very effective. They are also quite expensive and mainly only made and sold  in China as far as I know...

Edited by AlexxxB, 24 April 2014 - 08:16 PM.

#15 nowayout

• 2,946 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:02 AM

But there are so many of these around , I tried one not so long ago out of curiosity and felt absolutely sure that I will never touch this crap again. It was kinda euphoric for less then an hour and then it was pure hell ... Unless there is some breakthrough on a particular one or two. Theses are also risky to import but not illegal. I have also heard that some of these online RC stores stock l-deprenyl in the liquid form. 

I agree , I gave the C-pap machine a chance for a while and its so hard to get used to , I find myself ripping it off my face mid sleep because it is so physically annoying. 

From personal experience, Tramadol can extinguish libido quite effectively.  It acts as an opioid and also acts as an SNRI, both of which are notorious for having this effect.  You may wish to taper off Tramadol or at least reduce your dose and you should hopefully see your libido coming back without needing to take other measures. 

#16 Aka Poe

• 26 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:20 AM

I signed up to longecity today after reading your post,  for no other reason but to warn you to be extremely careful with what you import into Japan. I resided in Japan as a foreigner for 21 years and observed on more than a few occassions, foreigners having to go through extreme hardship to say the least, for importing medicines from abroad, either in person on arrival or by mail.

Since this is my first post, I am unable to add links to more information until I have more posts. In fact one case I know of prompted a US State Deptartment website warning Americans considreing travel to Japan not to  carry with them any Adderall, Dexedrine or Vyanase into Japan. I'll add that I  do not know the specifics with importing Ritalin or Concerta. To the Japanese government, importing the prescribed amphetamine salts  is the same as importing heroin, amphetamines are illegal in Japan and it makes no difference to the authorities if it is prescribed to you outside  Japan. Similarly, for example, don't expect anyone in Dubai  or the state of Missouri to allow foreigners coming in from Colorado to pull out their medical marijuana card as defense for the weed in their suitcase.

It is absolutely illegal to import Deprenil (Selegiline) into Japan, due not so much to selegiline's drug effects  but rather because a metabolite from some forms of deprenil or selegiline can be found in the urine of users which shows up in urine tests as if the person has been  taking amphetamine/methamphetamine. Since I can't add the link, please search for it. (My plug, GINYF (Google is Not Your Friend), instead use the anonymous Duck Duck Go search engine :)  

To the powers that be in Japan, methamphetamine  historically has wreaked havoc in Japan for ages , so therefore stopping it's usage is very high on  police enforcement efforts and they feel arresting users works. 

In Japan having a an amphetamine presence in your urine is considered "drug possession" you need not  have any drug on you, nor in your home, internal presence in your pee alone of a metabolite is considered "possession."  In every case I came across, violators  receieved  about  3 years in prison in horribly decrepid, ultra crowded, WWII strict  boot camps that would blow anyone's mind.

Police regularly grab people walking down the street, particularly if their top teeth are gone, assuming they are meth (kaksezai) abusers, they haul them in for urine tests without recourse, and if postiive, they get the three year penalty. The prisons are full of such men, most are repeat "offenders."

Japanese customs are quick to monitor foreigners mail, far more quickly than they might of Japanese citizens.  Remember, the drumbeat is that most evil comes from outside Japan.  Should they find anything in your mail they presume is an illegal drug, they quickly raid your home with a team of experts who tend to be meticulous during the search. 

Any person found to import what they believe to be illegal substances will be immediately arrrested after the home search, abducted to a station and subjected to a urine test once incarcinated.  Often the abductee is not allowed to call anyone for as long as  22 days. Interrogation is in every case 22 days for first round,  where without a lawyer they are  subjected to ruthless interrogation. Remarkably, 99.8% of those arrested admit to whatever it is the police claim they did. This interrogation period without a lawyer is a long running bone of contention with the US State Department as well as with Amnesty International, as are the draconian prison conditions.

My advice to you is, do not attempt to import any substance by mail which is illegal including selegiline. Secondly, should you do so, be certain you have no other illegal materials in your home such as marijuana when awaiting your mail order.

I am and American who lived in Japan for two decades until recently and watched a few cases where people known to me  were taken down from mail importations and later endured long prison sentences.  Japan's judicial system is corrupt as can be, prosecutors and judges sit in the same office, wink wink, nod nod, and trials are phoney kangaroo charades mostly for the west's placation, yet from my view, sentecing  is always decided before the trial begins. Police claim their 99.8% conviction rate is because they are so good at what they do, I'd laugh but I am have long been a member of Amnesty Internation and see it otherwise.

Japanese powers that be love to take a foreigner down, as it suits their premise that most evils in Japan come from abroad, not from within, so presecutors and judges get a feather in their cap when they  take another foreigner down. They also like to avoid making arrests or any sort of trouble  with the entrenched yakuza who they most often allow to run their criminal operations as they please.

I will try to add some ideas for milder, legal herbal alternatives for the OP  in a later post if I can think of any.

• like x 2
  • Informative x 1

#17 Ritchie

• 183 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:50 AM

In response to Aka Poe's comment, I think I found some herbs that you can use. Have you looked into Mucuna Pruriens? Like I said, it will help tremendously with ADHD, it may even help as much as adderall in the right doses. Just remember to take it with green tea.

For a psychostimulant, I found ephedra. I'm not sure if it is illegal in your country but I couldn't find anything online that said that it was so correct me if I'm wrong. Ephedra is a plant that grows almost everywhere in the world. Including China. It contains ephedrine and pseudoephedrine which are both precursors to amphetamine and they have a similar mechanism of action. Except Ephedrine and Pseudo are more selective releasers of norepinephrine, and release far less dopamine that amphetamine. This means that it will be more effective and making you alert and awake than amphetamine in low doses. However it also means that you won't get as much of a benefit with your adhd, and it may feel more "tweaky" than amphetamine. Still, if ephedra is legal in Japan, it may be a real solution for your extreme fatigue. There were some concerns of it shrinking brain tissue, so don't use it for more than a couple of months. Still it could be a short term stimulants that could be used until you find a new stimulant and or fix your sleep apnea. Just be careful as Mucuna Pruriens will significantly amplify the effects of all stimulants.

If you find it annoying to sleep with the cpap machine, just try to sedate yourself. I would reccomend you get off the Xanax and look at Kava, again if it is legal where you are. It is also a GABA agonist except it is non-addictive and actually causes GABA upregulation in the long term. Try heavily sedating yourself and then sleeping with the cpap machine. It may not be the healthiest way to sleep, but hey sleeping without a cpap machine is definitly much worse.

#18 Duchykins

• 1,415 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:24 AM

He could *alternate* !!modest!! doses of valerian and picamilon (or phenibut), with nightly doses of taurine and lysine, that would be healthier than any regular benzo use. He also needs to make sure he's getting around 50mg of zinc every day, and keep up with his magnesium. Daily 50mg of P5P and 100mg thiamine (not sulbutiamine) would also be significant contributors. All of these will support GABA in a very healthy and reversible manner without slamming you like a benzo.

Incidentally, all of these these have been known to assist with anxiety, depression, attention deficits and autistic problems.

#19 Ultravioletbllc

• 219 posts
  • Location:From Hartford (Just 1/1/2014) Moved too Boston (jamica Plains)

Posted 09 May 2014 - 01:41 AM

Um ritalin is neuroprotective ...... and at low dosage and not used by an addict probably better for you then two monsters a day ...........

IDK who the fuck reccomends adderall and Vyv Before they reccomend concerta? I suspect as I always have most on here are serious drug users seeking a "stunt double"  too fill in for the "action " scenes

Go ahead slam me but first research methylphenidate and neuro protection ... and then research adderall and addiction

You clearly have an addictive(by your own admission ) personality STAY the fuck away from amphetamines

Pemoline always looked brilliant too me but ive never been able too source it

and selegeline for adhd can get tricky imoe it took 10mgx Bid (while not a crazy dose its high imo) too notice much of anything

youd be amazed at what d,l-phenylalanine zinc , magnesium L threonate and agmatine alone will do for you

• dislike x 3

#20 Duchykins

• 1,415 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 02:31 AM

Um ritalin is neuroprotective ...... and at low dosage and not used by an addict probably better for you then two monsters a day ...........

IDK who the fuck reccomends adderall and Vyv Before they reccomend concerta? I suspect as I always have most on here are serious drug users seeking a "stunt double"  too fill in for the "action " scenes

Go ahead slam me but first research methylphenidate and neuro protection ... and then research adderall and addiction

You clearly have an addictive(by your own admission ) personality STAY the fuck away from amphetamines

Pemoline always looked brilliant too me but ive never been able too source it

and selegeline for adhd can get tricky imoe it took 10mgx Bid (while not a crazy dose its high imo) too notice much of anything

youd be amazed at what d,l-phenylalanine zinc , magnesium L threonate and agmatine alone will do for you

I second that with the d-phenylalanine. I still have some leftover from my first trial and it was effective enough to prevent withdrawals when I substituted it for wellbutrin (500mg x2 day). I wish I could continue taking it because it helps with dopamine, effective mild antidepressant/antianxiety without being anticholinergic (which is why I'm stopping wellbutrin). I was unsuccessful only because it ended up giving me migraines but that is because I have a sensitivity to tyramine as a migraineur. I seem to have chronically low dopamine, probably exacerbated by the fact that I am afraid of a lot of healthful foods that are good natural sources of phenylalanine and tyrosine, because it eventually makes tyramine.

Anyone who can tolerate tyrosine and phenylalanine (which is most people) would well tolerate d-phenylalanine since only a fraction of it becomes l-phenyl. Drawback being there doesn't seem to be many manufacturers of d-phenylalanine (I ended up trying the Doctor's Best brand capsules) or bulk powder

#21 Ultravioletbllc

• 219 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 06:56 PM

Doctors Best is the only affordable D-phenylalanine I know of

#22 AlexxxB

• Topic Starter
  • 49 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 08:45 PM

Thanks for all the suggestions , appointment with my psychiatrist next week I will talk to him about Pemoline. 

Been reading up  on L-Deprenyl , sounds a bit weird the more I read , having doubts about trying it even with the amount of hassles involved.

Hey anyone else that noticed this Aka Poe guy seems to know too much about the Japanese jails and experiences with the L-Dep and that whole rant ...I don't see the logic of becoming a member just for one huge post ranting on on how bad it is to import Selegaline  to Japan and how tough the Japanese police are with the 22 days no phone call part at that and he has no other posts... Hmmm , I'm thinking Japanese internet sniff dog? where is your info coming from sir?

10 years in Japan myself , I know some sellers will go out of their way and help a sick person in need.

I also know A LOT about the police here of course ,    , they do over react since nothing "as exciting as this" ever happens here for them , comparing to what Western police officers go through...

Selegaline might be banned but not in the same category as an illegal drug (Adderall and amphetamines are) so it might be seized and possibly shipped back or destroyed and I might get warned I might get searched or taken in for questioning which I know is a huge process in Japan since they need like a day to bring in an interpreter , its a sad silly system really post WW2 just like most the laws here ... the real problem here is I am so over my situation that I may be willing to risk that because I'm not a kid who is seeking to get high , I need help ! 

Ordering Mucuna Pruriens maybe , definitely l-phenylalanine  and maybe  L threonate and agmatine (still reading up on these) and also some Tongkat Ali as tons of people swear by it for libido.

Reporting back next week , thank you gents !

#23 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 09:31 PM

I think you'd be best off if you could get selegiline and a COMT inhibitor like green tea extract + DLPA or L-Tyrosine with a good multivitamin with lots of zinc. That's the best you can do and it'll work well for all needs.

Potentially you can try the modafinil or strattera?

#24 Ultravioletbllc

• 219 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:14 PM

Ive had great sucess with ecgc from green tea but only as an augmentation

Off the top of my head

the best Drug free route for you is this ( no law hassles )

DLPA (do not order plain old L-phenylalanine ... you will find DL-phenylalanine wich is a 50/50 mixture containing both isomers too be much more pleasing)

5-MHTF or methylfolate

Agmatine , Magnesium L Threonate and Huperazine a as a STACK

Along with good old regular Piracetam

L-Theanine

and TMG

and you might even have some sucess with sulbutiamine but I cant say for certain how much it will help (it has helped me with non adhd symptoms that I do believe contribute too worsening of my adhd so.. if money isnt an object give it a go )

Id say the above mentioned stack will be more effective then selegeline .. although I love selegeline and it has benefited me greatly , I must also say in a country where the Law seems out of control with drugs even by american standards( I am a veteran of the war on drugs ... my record will dictate such) all deprenyl eventuall converts too L-Methamphetamine as it expires so that being said and with the drug being a Prodrug for three other molecules(two of wich are amphetamines) I wouldnt think it would be so hard too get in trouble with it W/O a RX

• like x 1

#25 Aka Poe

• 26 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 07:54 PM

I wrote the above post to help people,  I can't think why anyone would write such a post for any other reason, it would serve no other purpose.

Like the verse in the song, House of the Rising Sun: 

Oh mother tell your children

Not to do what I have done
Spend your lives in sin and misery
In the House of the Rising Sun  

I have PTSD, and  anhedonia after serving time in Japan for importing narcotics to Japan by mail. Been reading for years at Longecity but am reticent to get out int he limelight with posts, but chose to do so to help. Right now a bunch of us gaijin are working to help an Australian  friend who is similarly going through trial there right now for weed.

I have studied TCM and mycology for over 25 years and  I have collected wild herbs and mushrooms all over Asia and also in North America and New Zealand. I  find that very high quality Eleuthero senticosa (old name Siberian Ginseng) is most stimulating of plants from Araliacea. I used to collect the shrubs roots in the wild in northern Japan. I powdered the roots and soaked it in ethanol, and my own concotion was far better than any store bought products probably because the root was fresher.  I also think androphagus is excellent. Supporting with any ginseng seems to be some help. The American variety being best to lessen anxiety, and the red chinese form more stimulating. I also like Celastrus paniculatus oil, Cognitol, first put into caps by Om Chi herbs of Oregon since the oil is horribly bitter. Suma root is a pretty good "adaptogen" and some say a stimulant,  in me it is slightly sedating, never the less I like it. I also like Ashwaganda and some brands are much better than others. From mushrooms I really like Cordyceps, but the best quality is very expensive and the cheaper mass produced forms have not been successfully grown on buried caterpillars  but instead on rice hulls, so the latter seem much weaker as the caterpillars as a natural substrate no doubt add additional chemicals to the mycelium and fruiting bodies. I love Reishi, have collected the Ganoderma tsugae form  in Japan and also in the northeast US. I can't say it has any immediate effect but that it's history supports that it has many good health benefits including lowering blood pressure. Escaped cannabis from  grew wild on the edge of farms in northern Japan, where it was once grown for hemp, but I don't recommend going for that. Good article recently in the Japan times on that.

• like x 2

#26 Ultravioletbllc

• 219 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 12:41 AM

I dont even Understand why alexxxxb needed too point that out IF ANYTHING it seems too me anyways (I have served time in prison though so maybe my experience in the field makes me somewhat BIAS) that Registering too post in order too possibly protect another human beings FREEDOM is about the best reason I could possibly IMAGINE for him too have had registered , But im just a silly guy from the ghettoized urban sprawl .......

• like x 1

#27 AlexxxB

• Topic Starter
  • 49 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 01:15 AM

I dont even Understand why alexxxxb needed too point that out IF ANYTHING it seems too me anyways (I have served time in prison though so maybe my experience in the field makes me somewhat BIAS) that Registering too post in order too possibly protect another human beings FREEDOM is about the best reason I could possibly IMAGINE for him too have had registered , But im just a silly guy from the ghettoized urban sprawl .......

I have personally apologized also and I really do appreciate Poe for joining here after being a reader for years just to help another human being out...I have been arrested in Japan (not drug related luckily) once myself so I truly understand what this guy must have been through. However living on an island where the Japanese are just waiting for Americans also other foreigners to make a small mistake 24/7 I had to be careful and poke a stick at the post. Call me paranoid but after living here for over 10 years myself I wouldn't be too surprised if there was some POS spying on foreigners every step and possibly reading this right now.

I apologize to all as I value the knowledge that comes for free here too much ...

lol (into my cars a bit late in life) now off to skid my 370 rwhp gas guzzler through the wet backstreets and get a couple of Monsters as my day has begun ... 

Good morning from Japan!

Edited by AlexxxB, 13 May 2014 - 01:16 AM.

#28 AlexxxB

• Topic Starter
  • 49 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:07 AM

By the way , does anybody know the name of Pemoline or Cyalert in Japan? I am trying to find out ...

#29 Ultravioletbllc

• 219 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:29 AM

Im sorry I wasnt trying too be a dick and in retrospect this is the last type of community where I feel that anomosity should be present , im a funny guy (or at least my friends think so) but as we all know emotion and mood dont translate or convey well through text typed into a forum , The only brand name I am familiar with is Cyalert, please do let us know if you find some I have been interested in years

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 FW900

• 341 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:36 AM

By the way , does anybody know the name of Pemoline or Cyalert in Japan? I am trying to find out ...

Betanamin is the Japanese trade name as mentioned earlier. The written name in Japanese is in the link below.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: add, sleep apnea, lethargic, piracetam, selegiline, l-deprenyl, caffeine

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users