Thought I would share my CILTEP log

schizophrenia

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 mono

• 201 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:06 AM

Hi all, thought it may be useful to add to the 'database' of ciltep experience and research. I've found alot of the anecdotal info on this site really helpful, so wanted to share my bit.

Given that I have end of semester university exams approaching, I decided to act on my interest of nootropics and brain enhancement. I did quite a bit of research, and decided on trying out the CILTEP stack. It seemed to me like a safe, side-effect free place to start. The broad range of research and experiences on this board + web made it seem rather reliable and effective.

Apart from CILTEP, I take 2 g of fish oil (1000mg EPA + 500mg DHA) and 2000IU vitamin D per day. I've started a generally plant-based diet, consisting of fresh fruit and veg, aswell as cooked veg and legumes. I eat proteins (meat, poultry, eggs) more sparingly, like once every few days.

Today is my first day taking CILTEP, and I must say I'm really impressed. I'm using the natural stacks brand at the moment and might look into buying the ingredients separately down the line for cash efficiency.

This morning I took one capsule at 11AM on a very empty stomach and noticed effects pretty quickly. By about half an hour I could feel a strange sense of perception, almost calming and a little more observant of my surroundings. I had a conversation with my room mate when I got home and noticed and increase in my focus on what they were saying. I played around with my memories a little and there seemed to be slight increase in recall, but nothing definite. I ate lunch around 12PM and feeling quite good decided to take another capsule.

After lunch I began studying. All I can say is that my focus is definitely improved. My head feels extremely clear and I feel moreso engaged in what I am doing. There is a clear difference in the way my mind feels, clearer and more focused. I feel a very subtle sense of serenity and beauty in my surroundings, key word being subtle, but it is quite nice.

The main thing I'm looking for here is to increase my learning capabilities and my memory. I am yet to see if this has such an effect, and will hopefully be able to tell with more time spent studying and also through doing my exams. I have ordered some Piracetam wth CDPCholine and plan to add that in when it arrives. I'm also going to experiment with low dose caffiene + l-theanine whenever I feel I need a boost. I'll do my best to keep this thread updated with my experiences.

The most notable thing of all for me at this time is the way CILTEP has reacted to my personal physiology. I have been diagnosed schizophrenic (with insight) and also suffer from high levels of anxiety. I don't actually take any medications for this, although I have in the past. I'm generally symptom free apart from dealing with my anxiety. I've had some pretty bad reactions to medications and supplements in the past (mainly psychotic symptoms or heart palpitations), I even get the jitters from decaf or green tea, so I am really impressed with how I feel on CILTEP.

So far no negative side-effects!

Edited by mono, 18 June 2014 - 05:12 AM.

#2 mono

• Topic Starter
  • 201 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:45 AM

P.S. I also noticed some almost stimulant-like qualities. Just alertness, a general sense of increased energy, and a slight mood lift, like you might get with amphetamine. I've heard CILTEP increases dopamine metabolism, so this might explain that effect.

Edited by mono, 18 June 2014 - 08:46 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Bluecheer

• 111 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:48 AM

Woah thank you for that insight to your ciltep I'm realy happy too see a thread with the sort of experience of ciltep I was looking for (:
I was curious as to you said you didn't feel much of a memory increase , how about your learning abilities?
I was also wondering if you felt a strong enough effect from just one capsule or did you really need the second? As I am awaiting my ciltep capules from natrual stacks as well and I wanna see if I can just take 1 a day to help with cost .

Thank you.

#4 mono

• Topic Starter
  • 201 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 June 2014 - 09:30 AM

I think it's a bit early for me to honestly say how I feel it has effected my learning abilities. The fact that this stack gives me mental energy, focus, engagement, automatically gives some benefit to my learning. Indeed, I am looking to increase my ability to accumulate, understand, retain and regurgitate information, and as of yet I'm not sure whether CILTEP is doing that. All I can say is that the added mental energy allowed me to focus more acutely on what I was studying, and the goals I had towards that study.

It will be very interesting to see how well I recall this information down the track. As I understand it, LTP basically assists in forming enhanced and more complex neural pathways, which research has shown is related to learning and memory. As far as I understand it, this should allow the memories to be more accurately stored, so I will give an update when I've used CILTEP a bit more and have begun to rehearse my studies.

Well I'm pretty sensitive in general to chemicals. As I said even green tea/decaf coffee will be over stimulating. But I found one capsule did indeed produce a definite effect, one would have probably given me benefits in my mental performance. I took the second just because I felt the need to push the envelope (I have an addictive personality), and desired feeling a pronounced effect.

P .S. I had a glass of red wine after dinner and did not notice any adverse effects. I can still feel the CILTEP - hopefully will get to sleep ok.

Edited by mono, 18 June 2014 - 09:37 AM.

#5 mono

• Topic Starter
  • 201 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 June 2014 - 09:30 AM

double post

Edited by mono, 18 June 2014 - 09:31 AM.

#6 Bluecheer

• 111 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 June 2014 - 03:36 AM

I have started a caffien cleanse as i would like to see the effect that ciltep has on me perfectly clean ( im new to nootropics ) and i would also like the same but with lions mane and feel id get the best idea without any. I currently drink decafe green tea.

As I said even green tea/decaf coffee will be over stimulating

if you like green tea you should try it (:( i don't know the actual caffeine amount in it but i figure it would be a lot lower than decaf coffee)

Also how did you get to sleep last night, no effects from the red wine? UGH i cant wait till my ciltep arrives been like 10 days.

#7 mono

• Topic Starter
  • 201 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:26 AM

Oh that's cool. I haven't heard of green tea decaf before. I'll check it out, I assume it would still have the added benefit of l-theanine, but with a lower caffeine content? If so, that would be cool.

Yeah having a glass of red wine was all good. I enjoy it as a way to wind down when I've had a long day, so I'm glad it goes ok with CILTEP.

I got to sleep really fine. No problems at all. I did continue to feel stimulated well into the evening/night (I took the last capsule around 12pm), but fell asleep at around 10pm no problems. Had a good sleep, didn't wake up till 6am and I was all good to go again.

This morning I took two capsules as soon as I woke up. By about 7am I was feeling good so I decided to take another capsule with breakfast (totalling 3). It had an interesting effect today. I've still been feeling very alert and energetic/motivated today. Went through 6 hours of study with little difficulty. Although, I didn't feel as much 'clear-headed' focus/concentration today, it was moreso on the energized / motivated spectrum.

I also had a teaspoon of decaf coffee, followed by a second teaspoon a few hours later, it seemed to lightly potentiate the effects, and act as a slight 'pick me up'.

The thing I was really noticing today was the improvement in my memory. As I was studying and picking up on things I had to memorize, it was like slotting them into a computer storage, just really easy. I've been going over what I had to remember in my mind all day (just to check if it's there), and have been purposely trying to remember small details (the brand of salad dressing I used, or the name of a new song), and it all comes back to me really easily. It's pretty cool.

It seems to last forever too. Took my full dose at 7am, 7 hours later and it's still powering on. I noticed an almost racetam-like effect today also, kind of like the way colours get potentiated, the mind feels similar to a threshold psychedelic, kind of spacey, yet clear.

#8 Bluecheer

• 111 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:01 AM

yeah i didn't even think about if the benefits would be lessened by the decaffeinate process and having a very brief look online just then its hard to say some sources say yes and some say no .
Man hearing that about ciltep i cant wait its so frustrating! How long did it take for your ciltep to arrive? 

and are you saying you did not feel as concentrated at all as in no postive effects of it?

sorry for so many questions but was 3 tablets a massive change from two or not reallY? 

#9 mono

• Topic Starter
  • 201 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 June 2014 - 08:30 AM

Haha yeah, the anticipation when you're waiting for something epic to come in the mail!

I found an online shop based in Sydney, since I'm located in Aus the delivery only took a couple of days max. I was pretty stoked!

Well concentration is not really my issue. Sure I can get distracted, but the main thing for me is the motivation to apply my concentration, once I have that my concentration is quite sufficient.

Yesterday one of the things that really struck me about CILTEP was just this, 'clear-headed-ness', which also transferred to an increase in focus. When I was concentrating on the task at hand, it was just like nothing else filled my mind apart from that task (well that may be a bit exaggerated but you get the idea).

Today I wouldn't say I felt that as much. The main thing I felt today was basically just an enhancement in my mental stamina, as well as added motivation. I just studied for hours on end and actually enjoyed the learning process, albeit I did get frustrated, but there was definitely still this kind of enhanced egagement.

Hard to say man, to be honest I think yesterday when I took the two capsules the effects were more 'acute' so to speak. Today the effects are more broad so to speak. Yesterday it was as if I injected CILTEP, but today it was as if I bathed in it (metaphorically speaking of course). To be honest I feel my body has adapted to the new chemicals that are floating around in my brain, but upon saying that, has by no means decreased it's effects, just changed them. Yesterday was very amphetamine-like, today is more racetam like.

I'm sure you could get by on two capsules a day no worries, it definitely produced effects, and anecdotal experience suggests CILTEP doesn't build tolerance.

I prefer to take three though as I want to get the optimum effect out of it. I'll tell you what, the stuff lasts forever! It's been a fully 12 hours and I can still feel some threshold effects lingering.

P.S. Just noticed you are from Australia too. Check out Optimoz, they sell CILTEP and are based in Sydney.

Edited by mono, 19 June 2014 - 08:35 AM.

#10 Bluecheer

• 111 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:29 AM

Haha yeah i really enjoyed your post especially your explanation of how it felt (i.e bathing in it) It clicke quick and I really understood it.
Ideally I'll take two a day but I mean no guarantees , hey hate to ask but I live aus as well do you think you could msg me then link to your supplier of them ? I would love to be able to just wait a few days next time if I enjoy ciltep .

Btw I read an article about green tea and apparently the decafination process does take some of the health benefits with it :/ although it is still a healthy beverage just not as much!

#11 Bluecheer

• 111 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:44 AM

Ah my bad didn't notice your p.s thank you !

#12 Bluecheer

• 111 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:51 AM

Also I thought you mind find it of some note I just saw a comment from some one regarding ciltep claiming he finds it most effective with 1 capusel and 2-3 less so

#13 mono

• Topic Starter
  • 201 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 June 2014 - 02:14 AM

Something interesting has happened with regard to my CILTEP experiment.

Well I took the three capsules yesterday, and I must admit I felt a little tired, or perhaps I was developing a bit of a tolerance...

I thought maybe being cooped up in my room for hours on end studying was a bit much, so I decided to take the afternoon off and go and get some exercise.

Generally I exercise everyday, but with my exams looming I have been doing it a bit less frequently over the past week or so.

I've tried a number of different ways to exercise (such as jogging, boxing, kettlebell), but honestly the only form of exercise I get enjoyment out of is surfing (which I have been doing since I was a kid).

I think it's a good form of exercise, and it's easy for me to do 3+ hours daily. No doubt it's an extremely good upper body work-out, and paddling a good 50m with waves breaking on your head definitely gets your heart pumping.

Anyway, so I decided to go surfing and found that the exercise really kicked the CILTEP back into gear again (for some strange reason). I was sitting out there in the ocean waiting for a wave, as the sun was setting, and the moment was just filled with an extraordinary (obviously chemically induced) beauty. It was so serene, colours/vision was enhanced, my mind was extremely relaxed, it was really cool. When I got home I had a chat with a friend and my mind seemed to be performing exceptionally, recalling things with detail and my verbal fluency seemed enhanced.

So I went surfing early this morning and got back around 9am and took the three capsules. Again I felt this drowsiness and developed a headache. I decided it may be related to choline, so ate 4 raw eggs and also had a decaf coffee. The headache cleared in almost 15 minutes and I was back to feeling energized and my mind was sharp and focused. Don't know what went on there, but it seems the added choline really kicked CILTEP back into gear today, as I was feeling the effects diminishing.

Edited by mono, 21 June 2014 - 02:17 AM.

#14 yuller

• 7 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 05:44 AM

Great log keep updating us

#15 mono

• Topic Starter
  • 201 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:00 AM

Well quick short update, I've began to have anxiety/panic attacks quite frequently. It's normal for me on the odd occasion but it's not normal for me to have these attacks this frequently. This may be related to the stress of studying/exams, but I'm going to stop using CILTEP for now and then re-assess how I feel.

Edited by mono, 23 June 2014 - 10:01 AM.

#16 Keizo

• 483 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 June 2014 - 07:26 PM

I specifically didn't buy the l-phenylalanine since my experience with tyrosine was rather bad. Noticeable mild stimulant feeling for the first 2 days I used it (poor blood flow, feeling cold, general unease, slightly tight jaw muscle, brain fog, and most none of the positives except the first day). Then I just decided to quit it after day 4. Now it became rather unnoticeable after day 1-2, however I don't see the point in it personally. I don't want any possibility of the bad effects of a low (1-2mg) dose d-amphetamine or less and no obvious positives. This was rather low doses, 0.4-1gram/day.

edit: I think I remember feeling a bit depressed after a while. Also some itching, just like I have w/ d-amph, but more in the case of tyrosine.

I have yet to use the artichoke+forskolin+alcar.

Edited by Keizo, 23 June 2014 - 08:03 PM.

#17 Bluecheer

• 111 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 June 2014 - 03:51 AM

Do you feel that the ciltep was directly the cause of your panic/anxiety attacks?

#18 mono

• Topic Starter
  • 201 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 June 2014 - 07:05 AM

Yeah it was hard to tell because of the stress from study/looming exams so I just stopped the CILTEP to be on the safe side. I definitely felt better when I stopped. I didn't get much sleep last night so I decided to dose CILTEP again today, just two capsules, and the effects were once again really pronounced. The effects themselves seem to almost creep up on me, and once I had long forgotten about dosing I realized how potent the effects it was having were.

The stuff definitely makes me edgy. I was getting heart palpitations previously and I felt borderline anxious/panic today and believe that three capsules is way too much for me. Two capsules does the job plenty and I reckon I might even drop down to one because of the edginess it seems to give me.

I'll list some of the effects today to show how the CILTEP is still working even after dosing for a period of time.

There is definitely a mood boost which feels almost dopaminergic in it's character. There's overall more energy, physically and mentally, and I noticed words coming to me easier and my brain forming thoughts easier too. Again I didn't feel the focus very much, the main characteristics were the boost in mental energy/stamina which attribute to the enhaced cognitive performance.

There is also a definite colour/vision enhancement, mixed with a serenity with one's surroundings, very similar to a threshold psychedelic.

I've been experimenting with piracetam since I stopped usng CILTEP and I definitely prefer piracetam's effects. It doesn't have the edginess, but rather I believe the action it has on glutamate receptors is directly the opposite of what brings on the anxiety/panic. Piracetam seems healing towards my schizo tendencies, whereas the CILTEP seems to exacerbate.

I reckon one capsule CILTEP combined with the piracetam & choline will work nicely for me.

Edited by mono, 26 June 2014 - 07:06 AM.

#19 mono

• Topic Starter
  • 201 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:11 AM

Yeah I just took one capsule again today and I'm anxious/panicky as hell again all day. No more CILTEP for me.

#20 mono

• Topic Starter
  • 201 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:27 PM

Decaf green tea is the best thing since I could actually tolerate caffeine! Nice recommendation.. How's ciltep going?

#21 mono

• Topic Starter
  • 201 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:34 PM

P.S. I'm finding healthy diet ,meditation and cardio exercise doing the trick for me :)

#22 Bluecheer

• 111 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 August 2014 - 10:43 AM

Sorry I've been away from internet for a while, yeah it's pretty good I've actually switched back to normal green tea though. And yeah I'm finding healthy diet help a lot for me these days( I've also gone vegeterian) ,aswell as exercising. What kind of meditation are you doing ? And yeah ?8"630 not going so well for me I've run out of my lions mane and I'm straying to get the feeling that was doing a lot more for me then ciltep or I haven't found my ciltep sweet spot because I've noticed a bit of a decline in memory being off it and I'm sort of getting the feeling ciltep is either not helping at all making my memory worst or possibly only helping a small bit I think I need to experiment with the formula although I've just been buying the pre made caps and I don't know where to start with editing the formula to help , if you or anyone has any advice is appreciate it :)

But yeah do you feel that your going to stick to just exercise and healthy food and meditation?

#23 Karla Markovich

• 7 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 August 2014 - 03:00 AM

Isn't ciltep well within the range that could be consider placebo results though? I can't link yet (not enough posts) but someone did a good post yesterday or the day before on /r/nootropics about it.

#24 mono

• Topic Starter
  • 201 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 August 2014 - 03:07 AM

Re: Bluecheer

Yup I'm on a low dose antipsychotic.

Diet, exercise, meditation, social life etc.
Having huge results with basic human necessities required for health.

I do samatha meditation and also practice trance. Works wonders. PM me if you want to chat.

#25 Bluecheer

• 111 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 August 2014 - 03:19 AM

Isn't ciltep well within the range that could be consider placebo results though? I can't link yet (not enough posts) but someone did a good post yesterday or the day before on /r/nootropics about it.

Yes possibly but one thing i forgot to mention is that i did have some what of an increase in memory when first taking it( ie i could remember very old things that i have long forgotten ) when i first started taking it, although my memory ceased to increase to much after and in some cases recently i actually thought that they might be a little decreased as i forget things very often. This could obviously be for several reasons (etc placebo) although my theory is that i have a low gaba levels resulting in this to not work correctly. But having recently turned vegetarian sense taking ciltep my levels were not as low as before then. I am going to add an L-Glutamine with my ciltep and see if that makes a difference. Of course this is all speculation and could not have anything to do with such a low level(possible non existence) effect from ciltep.

#26 Bluecheer

• 111 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 August 2014 - 10:19 AM

Re: Bluecheer

Yup I'm on a low dose antipsychotic.

Diet, exercise, meditation, social life etc.
Having huge results with basic human necessities required for health.

I do samatha meditation and also practice trance. Works wonders. PM me if you want to chat.

Oh that's really interesting , when you say practice trance do you mean the music , or something else?

Does your antipsychotic change your mood ?
I'm gonna have a look into Samantha meditation thank you!

#27 mono

• Topic Starter
  • 201 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 August 2014 - 10:51 AM

Trance, well basically it's self hypnosis.

Yeah I've been a bit manic and anxious lately (as well as some minor positive symptoms) - so the low dose helps calm my mind down while still allowing me to keep a positive mood, emotions etc.

#28 Bluecheer

• 111 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 August 2014 - 08:57 AM

Oh okay. I was wondering do you find piractem to help with memory / learning ability ?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#29 mono

• Topic Starter
  • 201 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:06 AM

Tolerance develops too rapidly imo

Edited by mono, 13 August 2014 - 09:07 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: schizophrenia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users