Introducing Niagen from Live Cell Research

live cell research niagen

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#31 APBT

• 906 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 12:02 AM

Hey everybody,

Check out our website at www.livecellresearch.com/niagen. Be sure to check out the Documentary, that will explain everything you need to know about Niagen. And stay tuned - we'll be offering a special bulk buying offer for Longecity members in the coming days.

Thanks!

Ethan

Ethan

What is the status of the bulk buy offer?  Thanks. 

Up and running, APBT - here's the link to the offer: http://livecellresea...ity_special.php

When does this offer expire? 

#32 Ethan Furman

• Topic Starter
  • 36 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 12:13 AM

Hey everybody,

Check out our website at www.livecellresearch.com/niagen. Be sure to check out the Documentary, that will explain everything you need to know about Niagen. And stay tuned - we'll be offering a special bulk buying offer for Longecity members in the coming days.

Thanks!

Ethan

Ethan

Up and running, APBT - here's the link to the offer: http://livecellresea...ity_special.php

When does this offer expire? 

The current offer expires on October 15.

E

#33 rlb373

• 8 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 October 2014 - 11:09 PM

Hey there! We always offer discounts on 2- and 3-bottle packages of Niagen, plus free shipping. Check out our discounts here: http://www.livecellr...m/order_now.php

Ethan

I just checked out that link and there is a special discount code LIFESPAN for 15% off, so a 6 pack comes to $198.90.

#34 Vastmandana

• 123 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 October 2014 - 07:57 PM

Hello, Ethan...

I'm 64 and just started NR a few days ago.  I'm  ramping up to 1G/day over the course of the week so this will be an expensive adventure but as I feel the research is extremely promising, it is my exciting move of the year.  I'm tracking my perceived changes and will report them in the other forum.    

Thus far I've acquired 16 bottles of HPN's N® and just purchased an additional 12 bottles of your product with the nice additional discount you offer beyond the longecity offer, which with the CA sales tax, makes it comparable to the HPN offer without fillers

LEF just came out with a big spread in their Nov. issue, fyi.

My biggest issue/frustration with the current state of information is in dosing... I think I'm pretty clear, after reviewing everything I can find, that NO REAL ACCURATE dosing data has been reported and while some data may exist inhouse with test subjects, we don't have it to review.  I want to restore NAD levels.  Without this type of data all the "take one in the morning" statements from you, LEF, HPN (all different doses/cap) is just bunk.

Don't want to waste precious funds underusing or overusing.  Any clarification is much appreciated but I imagine that until clinical trials at various levels are performed we're on our own.  

#35 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 12:37 PM

Hey there! We always offer discounts on 2- and 3-bottle packages of Niagen, plus free shipping. Check out our discounts here: http://www.livecellr...m/order_now.php

I tried the discount code, but received an 'invalid' response for the 6 bottle special buy.

Ethan

I just checked out that link and there is a special discount code LIFESPAN for 15% off, so a 6 pack comes to $198.90.

I tried the discount code, but received an 'invalid' response for the 6 bottle special buy.

Hey there! We always offer discounts on 2- and 3-bottle packages of Niagen, plus free shipping. Check out our discounts here: http://www.livecellr...m/order_now.php

Ethan

I just checked out that link and there is a special discount code LIFESPAN for 15% off, so a 6 pack comes to $198.90.

#36 zorba990

• 1,601 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 09:46 PM

Is there any concern with liver toxicity at 1000mg doses?

#37 rlb373

• 8 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 October 2014 - 10:13 PM

Ethan

That discount code only applies to the regular order link that Eathan posted (http://www.livecellr...m/order_now.php). So you have to buy two 3 packs. Also, if you are a new customer, you will get an offer for 12 bottles at 35% off. This will be in addition to the 6 you just bought. That comes to $366.48 or $30.54 each + tax (at least in CA). This is a one time offer. I went ahead and did it assuming I would return them under their 90 guarantee if they don't work for me.

• like x 1

#38 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 11:22 PM

Holy upsell, Batman!  Offer after offer!  Anyone try Cerastim, BTW?

• like x 1

#39 Ethan Furman

• Topic Starter
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 01:47 PM

Hey everybody,

I clarified with our lab, and it turns out we do in fact use a small amount of an excipient in our Niagen called Silica. It is a flow agent to ensure the product gets through the manufacturing process smoothly. However, it does not cut into the 250mg supply of NR in our Niagen. Here are the precise amounts of the ingredients in our Niagen:

Nicotinamide Riboside - 250mg

Vegetable Cellulose (capsule) - 148mg

Silica - 12mg

I apologize for any confusion. Please feel free to bring up any other questions or concerns you may have, and I'll get back to you with an answer as soon as I can!

Ethan

• like x 1
  • dislike x 1

#40 Ethan Furman

• Topic Starter
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 01:52 PM

Hello, Ethan...

I'm 64 and just started NR a few days ago.  I'm  ramping up to 1G/day over the course of the week so this will be an expensive adventure but as I feel the research is extremely promising, it is my exciting move of the year.  I'm tracking my perceived changes and will report them in the other forum.    

Thus far I've acquired 16 bottles of HPN's N® and just purchased an additional 12 bottles of your product with the nice additional discount you offer beyond the longecity offer, which with the CA sales tax, makes it comparable to the HPN offer without fillers

LEF just came out with a big spread in their Nov. issue, fyi.

My biggest issue/frustration with the current state of information is in dosing... I think I'm pretty clear, after reviewing everything I can find, that NO REAL ACCURATE dosing data has been reported and while some data may exist inhouse with test subjects, we don't have it to review.  I want to restore NAD levels.  Without this type of data all the "take one in the morning" statements from you, LEF, HPN (all different doses/cap) is just bunk.

Don't want to waste precious funds underusing or overusing.  Any clarification is much appreciated but I imagine that until clinical trials at various levels are performed we're on our own.  

Hey Vastmandana - this is a great question, and one we get a lot.

The dosage we recommend for Niagen is one capsule - or 250mg - of nicotinamide riboside (NR) a day. However, everybody's body chemistry is different. The recommended dose for one person may not have quite the same effect for another.

Many of our customers tell us they do take more than one Niagen capsule a day, and like the results they're seeing. In fact, we even received a letter recently from a 90-year-old man who takes four capsules daily, and is enjoying working out and exercising at the level he did in his late 60's - over 20 years ago!

Dr. David Leonardi, founder of the Leonardi Institute - a medical practice exclusively devoted to the science of aging - recommends taking between 250mg - 1000mg of NR a day, or between 1-4 capsules of Niagen. Several of our customers report taking 4 capsules daily, with absolutely no side effects.

If you're currently taking one capsule of Niagen a day and feel like you could benefit from taking more, I recommend gradually upping your dosage. Don't just go from one right to four; try taking two first and see how that works for you.

As you point out, we'll have a much better idea of what the ideal dose is when we get more information from clinical trials.

As always, please write in and tell us about your experiences with Niagen. The more we hear from you, the better we can serve you!

E

#41 Vastmandana

• 123 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 October 2014 - 05:44 PM

Ethan, 

Thanks for the "testamonials" but what I was hoping for is something like:  "while clinical trials will hopefully provide more definitive data on dosing, based on unpublished results of lab... in humans....xxxx increase in  NAD levels.... were achieved in ...... by consuming.....xxxxx....within a week/month/3 month.... etc...

This data must exist.  Lots going into pushing this compound on several fronts... and "we recommend" is all over the map with NO real information.  I've spend a wad on this as I'm very hopeful mice results can be replicated within my shell... 

As an advocate for such research I'm also frustrated that while thousands of us are likely taking NR at various levels, no real DATA is being released on NAD levels achieved under various conditions... and don't tell me no one's testing to determine this...

This is why I have a love/hate relationship with capitalism/marketing... it ends up a shell game of wishy washy bullshit to suck money when full disclosure would work to the betterment of us all.  If I need to consume 4 grams a day, I need to know... and someone needs to get production ramped up to reduce costs....

I'm well stocked enough to go to whatever levels are dictated, and at 64 I'm willing to risk undiscovered consequences to potentially enhance the effectiveness of my remaining moments on this teetering planet... I'm NOT rich enough to do all the lab work which YOU all should be doing...

At this point I'm hopeful but still feel I'm dealing with snakeoil salespeople when what I yearn for is science...

Edited by Vastmandana, 13 October 2014 - 05:49 PM.

• like x 3

#42 Ethan Furman

• Topic Starter
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 06:58 PM

Ethan, 

Thanks for the "testamonials" but what I was hoping for is something like:  "while clinical trials will hopefully provide more definitive data on dosing, based on unpublished results of lab... in humans....xxxx increase in  NAD levels.... were achieved in ...... by consuming.....xxxxx....within a week/month/3 month.... etc...

This data must exist.  Lots going into pushing this compound on several fronts... and "we recommend" is all over the map with NO real information.  I've spend a wad on this as I'm very hopeful mice results can be replicated within my shell... 

As an advocate for such research I'm also frustrated that while thousands of us are likely taking NR at various levels, no real DATA is being released on NAD levels achieved under various conditions... and don't tell me no one's testing to determine this...

This is why I have a love/hate relationship with capitalism/marketing... it ends up a shell game of wishy washy bullshit to suck money when full disclosure would work to the betterment of us all.  If I need to consume 4 grams a day, I need to know... and someone needs to get production ramped up to reduce costs....

I'm well stocked enough to go to whatever levels are dictated, and at 64 I'm willing to risk undiscovered consequences to potentially enhance the effectiveness of my remaining moments on this teetering planet... I'm NOT rich enough to do all the lab work which YOU all should be doing...

At this point I'm hopeful but still feel I'm dealing with snakeoil salespeople when what I yearn for is science...

Your point is well received, V...unfortunately at this point, I simply don't have human clinical data at my disposal. This science is still in its infancy, but as soon as I have anything to report on human trials, I will pass it along.

I assure you, everyone here is super excited about the potential Niagen has for human health and longevity. We're not trying to trick anyone. I and everyone else at Live Cell Research personally take it. I take one capsule a day, and I am 35. From the information we have available to us, taking more has not shown to have any negative side effects, since NR is a natural compound.

E

#43 Tom Andre F. (ex shinobi)

• 423 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 07:05 PM

With the budget of chromadew company, I think if you are really exiting with your supplement you should make independant studies on both human and mice: on mice to show versus control the lifespan extention, and on human to show it does not actually increase homocysteine level and others important factors such as NAD+ accumulation etc.

When can we get clear answer on that rather than pure speculation based on vitro study ?

#44 mitomutant

• 190 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 03:35 PM

Hey everybody,

Thanks!

Ethan

Ethan

Do you ship to the EU (Spain in my case) ? Your checkout page lets me choose Spain, but the shipping method does not change (USPS Free)

#45 Ethan Furman

• Topic Starter
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 06:54 PM

Hey everybody,

Thanks!

Ethan

Ethan

Do you ship to the EU (Spain in my case) ? Your checkout page lets me choose Spain, but the shipping method does not change (USPS Free)

Hey mitomutant - our apologies, the order page can be a little confusing in regards to shipping overseas. The short of it is yes, we can ship overseas, but unfortunately it is very expensive, as it includes not only shipping but import taxes. I can't give you an exact quote, but if you want to provide me you email address and the order amount you are interested in, I can have someone from the shipping department contact you with a quote of what it would cost.

E

#46 mitomutant

• 190 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 08:52 PM

Hey everybody,

Thanks!

Ethan

Ethan

Hey mitomutant - our apologies, the order page can be a little confusing in regards to shipping overseas. The short of it is yes, we can ship overseas, but unfortunately it is very expensive, as it includes not only shipping but import taxes. I can't give you an exact quote, but if you want to provide me you email address and the order amount you are interested in, I can have someone from the shipping department contact you with a quote of what it would cost.

E

No worries, I will contact your support email address to handle this.

I have a full blown mitochondrial myopathy (single mtDNA deletion) and niagen seems like a perfect thing to try. By the way, if you are interested in a n=1 study of niagen for mitochondrial myopathies, let me know.

#47 Ethan Furman

• Topic Starter
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 10:29 PM

Hey everybody,

Thanks!

Ethan

Ethan

E

No worries, I will contact your support email address to handle this.

I have a full blown mitochondrial myopathy (single mtDNA deletion) and niagen seems like a perfect thing to try. By the way, if you are interested in a n=1 study of niagen for mitochondrial myopathies, let me know.

Sure, always interested in new info - pass it along please!

#48 Tom Andre F. (ex shinobi)

• 423 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 09:03 PM

so still no studies to proven the effectivness and safety concern about niagen ?

#49 Ethan Furman

• Topic Starter
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 12:24 AM

so still no studies to proven the effectivness and safety concern about niagen ?

Hey Tom - no, still no human clinicals that have been completed, although so far the early indication is very promising. Check out this article to get the latest info: http://www.iflscienc...veal-no-adverse

As soon as we learn more about how the human trials are looking, we will pass it on to you!

E

#50 Vastmandana

• 123 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 November 2014 - 02:30 AM

Hi, Ethan...still at about a 1g level... has anyone explored the sublingual approach (a few of us are doing this)

I read the comments to this article...very few were either thoughtful or intelligent...and the idea of enhancing cretins is...troubling. As species we're messed up!

Any reports from over 1g users?

Edited by Vastmandana, 19 November 2014 - 02:31 AM.

#51 Ethan Furman

• Topic Starter
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 08:34 PM

Hi, Ethan...still at about a 1g level... has anyone explored the sublingual approach (a few of us are doing this)

I read the comments to this article...very few were either thoughtful or intelligent...and the idea of enhancing cretins is...troubling. As species we're messed up!

No arguments on that one, Vastmandana - although we aim to try and help everyone increase their healthspan, cretins included!

A small percentage of our users report using over 1g daily, with one customer in particular using 6g a day. They typically report having noticed better results without side effects with the higher dosage, although we still recommend talking with your physician if you plan on taking more than 1g a day.

E

#52 Vastmandana

• 123 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 November 2014 - 09:32 PM

No arguments on that one, Vastmandana - although we aim to try and help everyone increase their healthspan, cretins included!

A small percentage of our users report using over 1g daily, with one customer in particular using 6g a day. They typically report having noticed better results without side effects with the higher dosage, although we still recommend talking with your physician if you plan on taking more than 1g a day.

E

It would be really great if you could ping these users and let them know we have a "personal experiences" thread ongoing here....(link: http://www.longecity...erience-thread/   ) I personally would love to hear more people sharing their experiences, especially older critters like myself!

6g/day?  wow!  I would love to up my dose beyond 1g but it is difficult to afford the higher levels  even at your 12 bottle super deal... any grander incentives/discounts for us adventurers would be most appreciated.  Maybe an "internal" feedback collection group composed of adventurous spirits could be considered within LCR...

And, towards that end I hope someone is looking at nad+ cellular levels at higher doses to clarify effective dose relationships/impact of doses/timing of doses.... for example, if nad levels have a short half life, multiple doses thru the day would be the way to go....right?  Cost effective consistant cellular levels should be the goal, or not? (I'm pretty dumb in this realm!)

Edited by Vastmandana, 19 November 2014 - 09:39 PM.

#53 krillin

• 1,516 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 02:43 AM

And, towards that end I hope someone is looking at nad+ cellular levels at higher doses to clarify effective dose relationships/impact of doses/timing of doses.... for example, if nad levels have a short half life, multiple doses thru the day would be the way to go....right?  Cost effective consistant cellular levels should be the goal, or not? (I'm pretty dumb in this realm!)

This paper says that the NAD+ half-life is 10 hours in the liver.

#54 Vastmandana

• 123 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 November 2014 - 04:23 AM

and that we just don't know enough....I guess 10 hours is just a really rough approximation,..and doesn't really address levels or other locations...

It is important to point out that, although whole-cell NAD+, nicotinamide, and nicotinic acid measurements can monitor NAD+ metabolism at a gross level, knowledge of the metabolite concentrations in subcellular compartments, such as the nucleus, cytoplasm, and mitochondria, is crucial to gauge how NAD+ metabolism affects sirtuin and PARP functions at different cellular loci. Technical and experimental progress in this area is needed before it will be possible to describe just how NAD+ metabolism is coupled to NAD+-dependent signaling processes.

and this:

NAD+-consuming reactions are tightly regulated in mammalian cells, and NAD+ depletion can occur rapidly in cells exposed to genotoxic stress. Genotoxins damage DNA and cause DNA strand breaks. These DNA breaks are sensed by a DNA repair system, which includes PARPs and a sirtuin, SIRT6. The activation of PARP, in particular, causes a rapid synthesis of poly(ADP-ribose) at the site of the strand break, and when this system is overactivated, it can significantly deplete cellular NAD+. On the other hand, NAD+-forming reactions are apparently subject to regulation as well. Cellular NAD+ concentrations are linked to organism nutritional status and physiologic state (Guarente, 2006). For example, NAD+concentrations in liver increase 30% with fasting (Guarente, 2006). Thus, NAD+ metabolism is dynamically regulated by organism nutrient intake and genotoxic stress.

I guess the bottom line is what levels are optimal and how to sustain it...which will likely vary in different regions...given depletion variabilities, even with a possible 10 hour half live (in the liver....what about other body zones) I guess I'm feeling multiple dosings through the day seem wiser... or not?  I guess we're still here:

In general, the mechanisms that alter human NAD+ metabolism probably include multiple processes, but the understandings of these mechanisms are currently very unclear and a considerable effort in this area is required before we know how NAD+ metabolism is controlled, how changes in NAD+ metabolism influence physiology, and how NAD+ metabolism might be manipulated for therapeutic benefit.

Is  measuring NAD+ levels in various zones at varying dose regimines super expensive? Seems the most critical issue to us big sacks of water...in my humble, technically challenged opinion...

The most frustrating aspect of this is lef says 100mg... others 250.... crude mouse extrapolations say 10xs or more than this, and we are dosing all over the map with some financially comfortable folk doing 6 g/day!  Oy!

I love insights... and we could use a few in this regard... 

Edited by Vastmandana, 20 November 2014 - 04:31 AM.

#55 MrHappy

• Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 07:53 PM

I've just started this week at 250mg morning + night. I'll report back in a few weeks if anything substantial is observed.

#56 Tom Andre F. (ex shinobi)

• 423 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 07:47 PM

Hey Tom - no, still no human clinicals that have been completed, although so far the early indication is very promising. Check out this article to get the latest info: http://www.iflscienc...veal-no-adverse

As soon as we learn more about how the human trials are looking, we will pass it on to you!

E

Hi thanks Ethan but I already know that. There is thread about this topic already. And its also shown to decomposate in the body in metabolite increasing for exemple homocysteine level. Sinclair used injection of NMN wich is even only one step away NAD+.

For now we dont even know if the result behave only to muscle cells for exemple, or only mice.

So for now we can discuss i think here about this topic, but need to be careful when advertising to sell the stuff, thats just my opinion

#57 Vastmandana

• 123 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 November 2014 - 08:44 PM

Tom...wait for more results... u keep reiterating the same thing... come back in a year... I choose to follow Duarte's approach and as I've reported elsewhere, good things are happening.

#58 Tom Andre F. (ex shinobi)

• 423 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 08:59 PM

Tom...wait for more results... u keep reiterating the same thing... come back in a year... I choose to follow Duarte's approach and as I've reported elsewhere, good things are happening.

Yes of course, just speaking from a marketing point of view.. Anyway, would be good until that if we get some real follow up by people like you using high dose NR as did the member Green using telomerase activator. Even a one or two month before after would be fine

#59 Vastmandana

• 123 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 November 2014 - 10:27 PM

There are 14 pages thus far on this, mostly on that. If you start on page one, you'll get an inkling although it is frustrating that Manny users don't disclose their ages which I find frustrating... it's here:

http://www.longecity...thread/page-14#

Edited by Vastmandana, 21 November 2014 - 10:31 PM.

#60 Tom Andre F. (ex shinobi)

• 423 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 10:49 PM

yes i already follow this topic, but I missed that very interesting page: http://www.longecity...absorbed/page-2

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: live cell, research, niagen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users