Photo

Nicotinamide Riboside (NR)/Niagen vendor vetting and discussion

nr vendors niagen vendors

• Please log in to reply
210 replies to this topic

#1 APBT

• 906 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 08:51 PM

This is the place to discuss, debate, vet, share experiences, conspiracy theories etc... regarding nicotinamide riboside and Niagen vendors, suppliers and/or manufacturers.  

Edited by APBT, 28 September 2014 - 09:27 PM.

#2 M-K

• 67 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 10:01 PM

HPN claims (in a youtube video, I think) that the price increase on Nigen was explained by Chromadex as necessary due to production costs being higher than anticipated. We've determined that the price rose from about $18 per bottle to $35 in October, 2013, well before the David Sinclair study appeared (though undoubtedly there must have been whispers about it). By late December, the price had reached its present level of about $49.

Anyone have additional information or insights?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#3 Bryan_S

• 1,217 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 01:30 AM

Give me a few days and I'll revamp the Niagen Vender list I posted on the other forum. We have 5 not 4 main Niagen distributers and the previous list is now in error.  (Doctors Best)

Edited by Bryan_S, 29 September 2014 - 01:31 AM.

• like x 1

#4 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 11:12 PM

Link to "other forum"?

Thanks!

#5 Bryan_S

• 1,217 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 05:45 AM

Here was the post from the NR experience forum and I'll add 2 venders ChormaDex Qualified for us today.

The way I understand it (please correct me if I'm wrong guys) if a distributed product contains Nicotinamide Riboside its going to contain the brand name "Niagen" in its labeling. ChromaDex holds the product trade mark rights for this ingredient name. I count 4 licensed distributers to market the "Niagen" ingredient brand. DOCTOR'S BEST, Live Cell Research, Healthy Directions, 5LINX, Thorne Research and High Performance Nutrition (HPN). This information was obtained through searching the SEC Edger filings and the ChromaDex Press releases See URL links.

Serial Number Reg. Number Word Mark Check Status Live/Dead 1 86032568 4470982  TSDR LIVE 2 85932490 4606519 NIAGEN TSDR LIVE

These companies were announced as ingredient suppliers and we may see more to come. 

Now I won't disparage any other brands out there but there are 2 not mentioned in any corporate press release that have relabeled the "Niagen" product ingredient under their own companies and they "may" have hidden license agreements with ChromaDex or under one of the big 4 distributers. But until I can confirm them with the corporate office I'll leave them off the list for now. (We now list 6 confirmed 9-30-2014) However it's my understanding and I could be wrong if you resell the ChromaDex product ingredient from one of the aforementioned main distributers you can not legally relabel the product as a new brand when you resell it. That labeling must remain in tact from the original licensed supplier. If you as a reseller create another "Niagen" formulation or brand label to sell the "Niagen" ingredient that would be something you would have to have approved from the ChromaDex main office.

They don't seem to be handing these agreements out willy-nilly and they all seem to include volume expectations so the hurdle to market the "Niagen" ingredient seems to be very high. Now I am not privy to the corporate license agreement but I suppose a distributer may be able to empower someone in their supply chain to do this but at this point I've not seen an example of any distributer with this broad power.

5LINX is the one ingredient distributer/marketing company I know the least about.

So I'm going to go out on a limb here and say MitoTrans is an unrelated product or we'd have seen some reference back to the "Niagen" ingredient branding which is under control of ChromaDex.

This is the ChromaDex supply chain as I understand it, and there may be some smaller retail outlets not mentioned. The one consistent fact is there are 4 main "Niagen" brands and each reseller under them sells their product offering with the parent distributers label in tact:

09/11/14 Healthy Directions

01/01/14 5LINX

07/08/13 Thorne Research and Thorne Research

Natural Partners, Inc.

Earth Turns LLC

Natural Healthy Concepts

PureFormulas Inc

Covenant Health Products

06/25/13 High Performance Nutrition (HPN)

Swanson Health Products

Tiger Fitness Inc.

Synergistic Nutrition 

Amazon

SmartHealthPlace

Cycle-Breakers

ProHealth

Muscle Research

drugstore.com, inc

Live Cell Research    No link because no ChromaDex press release announcement

DOCTOR'S BEST  Niagen ORTHO Science-Based Nutrition    Again no press release from ChromaDex. However they may have been included in a pre Niagen ingredient announcement.

At this point it appears as though if the product contains a unique company label and uses the "Niagen" ingredient, its through a ChromaDex license agreement and those developments are publicly announced and well known. From the aforementioned I don't think MitoTrans is part of the "Niagen" ingredient supply chain.

Hope this helps.

• like x 2
  • Informative x 1

#6 Kevnzworld

• 885 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 10:33 PM

Life Extension is offering it's own version of Niagen
Life Extension Introduces a New Anti-Aging Supplement, NAD+ Cell Regenerator™, Featuring NIAGEN™
http://finance.yahoo...1RBVVMwNzNfMQ--
  • like x 2

#7 APBT

• Topic Starter
  • 906 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 11:51 PM

Life Extension is offering it's own version of Niagen
Life Extension Introduces a New Anti-Aging Supplement, NAD+ Cell Regenerator™, Featuring NIAGEN™
http://finance.yahoo...1RBVVMwNzNfMQ--

Good find.  I had contacted LEF several months ago regarding NR, and their response was they had no plans to sell such a product.  Based on pricing for other LEF products, I’d expect it to be “premium pricing.”  But, nice to have more players in the game. 

#8 APBT

• Topic Starter
  • 906 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 05:17 PM

The LEF product is now available, 100 mg Niagen per capsule.

http://www.lef.org/v...namide-riboside

#9 Kevnzworld

• 885 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 05:59 PM

At $20 for 30 100 mg capsules it's a much better deal.

#10 APBT

• Topic Starter
  • 906 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 06:34 PM

Interestingly, if you click on “Supplement Facts,” LEF recommends 1 cap (100 mg) with or without food daily.

Live Cell Research (using the LIFESPAN code)  $33.15/bottle (7.5 g NR per bottle) = $4.42 per gram

HPN (using LONGECITY4 code)  $33.59/bottle (7.5 g NR per bottle) = $4.48 per gram

LEF (with member discount)  $19.50/bottle (3.0 g NR per bottle) = $6.50 per gram

All prices exclude taxes and shipping, if applicable. 

Edited by APBT, 11 October 2014 - 06:37 PM.

• like x 2

#11 Vastmandana

• 123 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 October 2014 - 08:16 PM

I just ordered another 12 bottles from Live Cell Research, using the new longecity 25% discount and was offered a 35% discount if I doubled my order, which I did, bringing the cost of 7.5g per bottle down to $30.54, without any filler... I think this is the best deal yet.  Am well stocked for awhile, with 16 bottles of HPN and now 12 of LCR

As I posted on the LCR thread, what is most frustrating is the lack of dosing data which I guess we'll have to wait till clinical trials are posted... Until then, we're flying blind and dealing with subject reflections which is challenging, given many of us use a long list of supplements already.  I'm quite sure there IS data on NAD levels achieved with varying dosing regimes but those scientists/rich folk aren't publishing (darn!)

Edited by Vastmandana, 11 October 2014 - 08:17 PM.

#12 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 09:29 PM

Tried ordering from Life Cell, but got invalid code using LIFESPAN.

Interestingly, if you click on “Supplement Facts,” LEF recommends 1 cap (100 mg) with or without food daily.

Live Cell Research (using the LIFESPAN code) $33.15/bottle (7.5 g NR per bottle) = $4.42 per gram

HPN (using LONGECITY4 code) $33.59/bottle (7.5 g NR per bottle) = $4.48 per gram

LEF (with member discount) $19.50/bottle (3.0 g NR per bottle) = $6.50 per gram

#13 APBT

• Topic Starter
  • 906 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 10:05 PM

Tried ordering from Life Cell, but got invalid code using LIFESPAN.

Live Cell Research (using the LIFESPAN code) $33.15/bottle (7.5 g NR per bottle) = $4.42 per gram

HPN (using LONGECITY4 code) $33.59/bottle (7.5 g NR per bottle) = $4.48 per gram

LEF (with member discount) $19.50/bottle (3.0 g NR per bottle) = $6.50 per gram

It doesn't stack with the LongeCity offer; it's a separate offer. See this link:  http://www.livecellr...m/order_now.php

• like x 1

#14 xEva

• 1,594 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 October 2014 - 04:30 AM

But does it work in real people? Where can I see the reviews?

#15 Vastmandana

• 123 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 October 2014 - 04:40 AM

xEva... you'll have to wait for clinical trials for insights into that answer... we're flying "blind" at this point. I spent a couple evenings absorbing readily available information, including numerous vids linked to in some of the many forum threads where researchers into nad impacts excited me enough to jump into this. Googled around for more insights/discussions but double blind scientific analysis is nada in humans or not public

I'm 64... and time/quality of life is important looking forward...If you're younger, be patient and data will unfold...

Edited by Vastmandana, 14 October 2014 - 04:45 AM.

#16 xEva

• 1,594 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 October 2014 - 05:01 AM

so what does it do to you, Vastmandana? How long have you been taking it? 

#17 Vastmandana

• 123 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 October 2014 - 06:34 AM

Not to be rude, but please exercise a bit of due diligence and review all the other forum threads on NR, including the personal experience thread...I've posted what little I can share at this point there... If you're interested in what we know to date, follow the links...

Do your homework

Edited by Vastmandana, 14 October 2014 - 06:43 AM.

• Unfriendly x 1
  • Agree x 1

#18 Kevnzworld

• 885 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 12:47 PM

But does it work in real people? Where can I see the reviews?

Here is where many discuss their personal experiences
http://www.longecity...erience-thread/
NAD declines gradually with age or if one has some mitochondrial or other infirmity.
It's in those people that noticeable physiological effects may occur, for the rest of us we have to trust the published science that supports the concept of NAD+ restoration and maintenance and it's subsequent health benefits, albeit on a cellular level.
It also seems that NR supplementation is synergistic with Sirt1 activators like resveratrol.
Much of that is discussed here
http://www.longecity...-strikes-again/
  • like x 2

#19 tunt01

• 2,308 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 07:05 PM

If anyone wants 3 bottle of HPN Niagen for $100, msg me.  I bought 6 (the minimum for the discount), but I only really want half these bottles.

• like x 1

#20 AdamI

• 221 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 01:34 PM

So no one that have taken this NAD+, have notice any different for example lower heart rate, am I correct?

Edited by AdamI, 27 November 2014 - 01:34 PM.

#21 oppenheimer82

• 54 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 November 2014 - 04:16 PM

So no one that have taken this NAD+, have notice any different for example lower heart rate, am I correct?

i would also like to know this. Teamtlr sells NAD+, would this be more effective than nicotinamide riboside?

#22 Bryan_S

• 1,217 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 11:09 PM

i would also like to know this. Teamtlr sells NAD+, would this be more effective than nicotinamide riboside?

Sorry no one responded but this is a bit off topic on the NR vendor vetting thread as it has nothing to do with purchasing Nicotinamide Riboside from qualified vendors.

NAD Digestion & Absorption

Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucelotide (NAD) and Nictinamide Adenine Dinucleotide Phosphate (NADP) may be hydrolyzed within the intestinal tract by glycohydrolase to free nicotinamide.

Nicotinaminde and nicotinic acid can be absorbed in stomach, but more readily in small intestine.

Nicotinaminde and nicotinic acid are absorbed from the SI by a sodium-dependent, saturable process.

NAD is hydrolyzed to nicotinamide during intestinal digestion

http://jn.nutrition..../2/412.full.pdf

The TrueLIFE Research team has been promoting their NAD+ as a superior product on several Nicotinamide Riboside threads. Maybe its about time to confine that conversation on their own thread. 

What I find interesting is the strong disclaimer they give this product:  "USAGE: For Research Use Only! Not For Use in Humans." I did check around and they have not meet USP Reference Standards. So if your question is from a vendor vetting standpoint I think their own disclaimer is reason for pause.

If you're really interested in taking this path I would assure myself the compound I'm taking is actually tested and fit for human consumption.

• Good Point x 1
  • dislike x 1
  • Agree x 1

#23 Adaptogen

• 772 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 08:57 AM

5Linx, one of the more recent companies to start marketing niagen, is employing an amusing pyramid-scheme type approach to boost sales.

going 'viral' on twitter and instagram - https://twitter.com/hashtag/niagen http://www.oninstagram.com/niagen

#24 Bryan_S

• 1,217 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 11:21 PM

New Product offering from HPN

NR Powder Nicotinamide Riboside with (HPN Promo code longecitypowder) $36.50/bottle (7.5 g NR per bottle) = $4.87 per gram

This formulation is designed more for our sublingual users.

Live Cell Research (using the LIFESPAN code)  $33.15/bottle (7.5 g NR per bottle) = $4.42 per gram

HPN (using LONGECITY4 code)  $33.59/bottle (7.5 g NR per bottle) = $4.48 per gram

LEF (with member discount)  $19.50/bottle (3.0 g NR per bottle) = $6.50 per gram

#25 jafuga

• 33 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 11:15 AM

Codes not working

#26 Bryan_S

• 1,217 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 05:42 PM

Codes not working

That offer has already expired, they generally run about a week. The next capsule offer discount from HPN will run February 15th through the 23rd. Information will be updated as the date approaches.

#27 Bryan_S

• 1,217 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 03:54 PM

Basis by Elysium

http://www.technolog...nti-aging-pill/

We have one more NR vender in the mix.

What I see is Leonard Guarente partnering with ChromaDex. There is no price advantage and I can put together the same 2 ingredients for less money. That being said I think with Leonard Guarente's name it should do well on the market.

http://support.elysi...asis-by-elysium

#28 Bryan_S

• 1,217 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 06:17 AM

Think we have another player.

http://www.austincom...com/rg3-niagen/

#29 aribadabar

• 860 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 April 2015 - 05:12 PM

Swanson is offering a discounted 3-pack which with the current coupon 10NOW or DOLLAROFFcan bring the price to $100;

https://www.swansonv...0-caps-bottle-s

Edited by aribadabar, 21 April 2015 - 05:16 PM.

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#30 Bryan_S

• 1,217 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 05:20 PM

Swanson is offering a discounted 3-pack which with the current coupon 10NOW or DOLLAROFFcan bring the price to $100;

https://www.swansonv...0-caps-bottle-s

Great find ran the code and it works  :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users