* * * * * 2 votes

Sensei's Hair Regrowth and De-graying Experiment Log

hair growth

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#1 sensei

• 929 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 03:11 AM

Today I have started my next experiment, namely to document the continuing effect of comparatively large doses of C60OO on

1. reduction/removal of gray hairs on my head and body

2. overall darkening of head and body hair

3. regrowth of hair in bald spot (crown)

4. regrowth of hair into front hairline

Below is the initial progress photo, October 2014, and Dec12 2014 as noted

I shaved my head today, and will take photos on a weekly basis (shave Tuesdays, Photos monday)

My dosage will be one 50ml/45mg bottle of C60OO every other day -- I just took the first dose -- for a total of 24 doses over 47 days.

I will apply residual C60OO daily to the scalp and vigorously rub it in.

I will also dermaroll weekly or every other week with a .75 or 1.0 mm 192 needle roller -- I will document when dermarolling occurs.

The dermarolling and topical application is an attempt to replicate the hair growing effect of topical and sub/trans dermal application of fullerenes on genetically engineered alopecia mice.

Attached Files

Edited by sensei, 17 December 2014 - 03:12 AM.

• like x 9

#2 AdamI

• 221 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 07:38 AM

Interesting!

But derma roll every week with 1 mm might be a bit to often. U can cause damage to the skin if u over do it... will be interesting to see.

Still skin renews every 4 weeks and With hair it might be longer intervals. So don't expect to see results that fast. U should take a Picture maybe every 3 month or so.

• Disagree x 1

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for C60 HEALTH to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 sensei

• Topic Starter
  • 929 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 02:50 PM

Interesting!

But derma roll every week with 1 mm might be a bit to often. U can cause damage to the skin if u over do it... will be interesting to see.

Still skin renews every 4 weeks and With hair it might be longer intervals. So don't expect to see results that fast. U should take a Picture maybe every 3 month or so.

After follicular genesis, hair follicles mature over a 12 week time period AFAIK.

The reason I am going to take weekly pics is because I have already taken 36 bottles over 6 months -- so effects from that should continue.

Because we cant be sure when any particular new follicles were generated, they could mature at any time, so weekly intervals.

Pictures weekly also allows for consistent hair length in photos, as well as providing multiple data points during the dosing period (which is only 7 weeks).

I will continue to document changes weekly after the initial 47 days.

As far as dermaroller, yes 1.0 mm is better done every 2 weeks, hence my description of weekly or every 2 weeks (.75mm vs 1.0mm)

Edited by sensei, 17 December 2014 - 02:52 PM.

#4 sensei

• Topic Starter
  • 929 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 11:36 PM

Latest pic from this am.

Have not dermarolled yet, 2 days of topical.

I think the greatly increased density over the last 10 days is an ongoing effect of follicular neo-genesis from the last 6 months of C60OO oral and topical;

Not from the few doses of C60OO i have taken since the 17th DEC

Attached Files

Edited by sensei, 22 December 2014 - 11:39 PM.

• like x 3

#5 bocor

• 119 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 08:31 AM

Impressive results there how often do you do topical application? And how long have you been doing the dermarolling?

#6 smccomas01

• 155 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 01:21 PM

Awesome! Still experiencing the change in color? 

#7 sensei

• Topic Starter
  • 929 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:44 PM

Impressive results there how often do you do topical application? And how long have you been doing the dermarolling?

I have only done the dermarolling once -- about a month ago

First of this experiment should be weekend of 28th/29th DEC 2014.

Intermittent topical.

Supposed to be daily for this experiment -- I missed a few days, oops.

Will start daily topical in earnest today.

I believe the results so far are almost completely due to the relatively high doses of oral C60OO I take.

I had taken thirty-six 45mg/50ml bottles over the last 6 months usually a whole 45mg/50ml bottle at a time; prior to beginning this experiment.

Based on my research it takes about 12 weeks for a new follicle to mature after follicular genesis.

Edited by sensei, 23 December 2014 - 02:49 PM.

#8 sensei

• Topic Starter
  • 929 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:46 PM

Awesome! Still experiencing the change in color? 

Yes,

Less and less gray in my beard as well.

I shave and then let it grow for about 2 weeks

Then shave and let it grow in again.

Have not shaved chest, although it is hard to find gray now (still a bit there) when before it was quite evident.

#9 bocor

• 119 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 06:32 PM

V a u g h t e r is your source? If consuming so much why not make it yourself to save?

#10 JohnD60

• 540 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 12:22 AM

Thanks for doing this. But the Oct image is too blurry for me to make a good  comparison to the Dec 2014 image.

#11 sensei

• Topic Starter
  • 929 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 02:58 AM

V a u g h t e r is your source? If consuming so much why not make it yourself to save?

Will be doing so for next batch of dosing.

Did not realize that crush with mortar and pestle, and shaking was effective way. Thought I needed centrifuge, magnetic stirrer, filters/vacuum etc.

Edited by sensei, 24 December 2014 - 03:00 AM.

#12 sensei

• Topic Starter
  • 929 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 03:02 AM

Thanks for doing this. But the Oct image is too blurry for me to make a good  comparison to the Dec 2014 image.

The 2 December pics are sharp, and you can see the change in density between them (DEC 12 vs 22)

#13 sensei

• Topic Starter
  • 929 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 08:25 PM

let the hair grow a bit longer

today pic - same filter

the little silvery hairs are either old bald fuzz, or new growth (I was naturally very light blond until about 30)

Attached Files

Edited by sensei, 25 December 2014 - 08:30 PM.

#14 smccomas01

• 155 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 08:58 PM

Dude that is awesome it appears that you have new growth. Still coming in black? 

#15 sensei

• Topic Starter
  • 929 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 09:14 PM

Yes.

As far as I can tell.

Yesterday (24 DEC 2014) I applied topical.

I applied topical today. (25 DEC 2014 -am) (after the pic was taken -- I don't want any oil to create darker look)

I am going to wash head -- shave with clippers (no guard) then dermaroll with 1.0mm roller and re-apply topically

I intend to post the after rolling pic later today. -- it takes 1-1.5 hours for the lidocaine gell to suffciently numb the scalp for a 1.0 mm roll

Edited by sensei, 25 December 2014 - 09:15 PM.

#16 sensei

• Topic Starter
  • 929 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 11:21 PM

I just shaved my head  after 9 days. I picked an average piece of cut hair it is a bit longer than a quarter inch, perhaps .3 inches. That equals 1 inch in a month -- average hair growth in humans is .5-.5625 " per month.

Attached Files

#17 sensei

• Topic Starter
  • 929 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 12:01 AM

Here are the pictures showing dermarolling, then after sanitizing scalp and applying C60OO

Left to right:

after derma  ---> after sanitize/clean add oil

I did bald/balding area of hair and I also did forehead to reduce wrinkles

I won't be dermarolling again for at least 2 weeks -- but I will continue topical at least 1 time per day.

As far as the topical amount probably .2 ml or so -- it goes a long way

Takes about 2 hours to fully absorb -- but it will fully absorb.

Next pics should be Jan 01/02 2015 to allow the hair to grow 1 week

Attached Files

Edited by sensei, 26 December 2014 - 12:32 AM.

• like x 1

#18 smccomas01

• 155 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 12:21 AM

You missed a spot :) My background is in technology not so much the bio science's. Would an increased hair growth rate be in an indicator of a higher metabolism? I seem to remember you had mentioned losing some weight / body fat. Has your appetite changed? 

#19 sensei

• Topic Starter
  • 929 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 12:26 AM

I don't know.

Not really.

I was eating less on purpose, but the hair seemed to still be growing faster (3 inch eyebrows).

#20 sensei

• Topic Starter
  • 929 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 08:33 PM

Dose number 6 of 45mg/50ml C60OO

Doses on 12/17, 12/19, 12/21, 12/23, 12/25, and today

#21 sensei

• Topic Starter
  • 929 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 02:50 PM

Dose 7 down the hatch.

Expect new pictures on January 1 or January 2 

I may start daily dermarolling with a 0.25mm roller. It helps with topical absorption.

I will log.

#22 sensei

• Topic Starter
  • 929 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 07:50 PM

Latest Pic

Left is today, right is Dec 12

Attached Files

Edited by sensei, 03 January 2015 - 07:58 PM.

#23 sensei

• Topic Starter
  • 929 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 02:40 AM

In the interest of complete correctness, I went back and looked at my order times and amounts.

I had actually taken 38 bottles prior to this dosing period, however I originally started in May 2014

I went back and checked my orders - 4 bottles ~ End April; 10 bottles, ~June, 24 bottles ~Sept, 24 bottles this Dec -- 10 taken of that batch so far.

#24 Walter Derzko

• 137 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 04:08 PM

Re: Age-induced hair greying - the multiple effects of oxidative stress.

Yes, Carbon [60] should prevent hair from greying-Walter Derzko

Int J Cosmet Sci. 2013 Dec;35(6):532-8. doi: 10.1111/ics.12090. Epub 2013 Oct 10.

Age-induced hair greying - the multiple effects of oxidative stress.

Seiberg M1.
Author information
• 1Seiberg Consulting, LLC, Princeton, NJ, USA.
Abstract
An obvious sign of ageing is hair greying, or the loss of pigment production and deposition within the hair shafts. Numerous mechanisms, acting at different levels and follicular locations, contribute to hair greying, ranging from melanocyte stem cells defects to follicular melanocyte death. One key issue that is in common to these processes is oxidative damage. At the hair follicle stem cells niche, oxidative stress, accelerated by B-cell lymphoma 2 gene (BCL-2) depletion, leads to selective apoptosis and diminution of melanocyte stem cells, reducing the repopulation of newly formed anagen follicles. Melanotic bulbar melanocytes express high levels of BCL-2 to enable survival from melanogenesis- and ultraviolet A (UVA)-induced reactive oxygen species (ROS) attacks. With ageing, the bulbar melanocyte expression of anti-oxidant proteins such as BCL-2, and possibly TRP-2, is reduced, and the dedicated enzymatic anti-oxidant defence system throughout the follicle weakens, resulting in enhanced oxidative stress. A marked reduction in catalase expression and activity results in millimolar accumulation of hydrogen peroxide, contributing to bulbar melanocyte malfunction and death. Interestingly, amelanotic melanocytes at the outer root sheath (ORS) are somewhat less affected by these processes and survive for longer time even within the white, ageing hair follicles. Better understanding of the overtime susceptibility of melanocytes to oxidative stress at the different follicular locations might yield clues to possible therapies for the prevention and reversal of hair greying.
© 2013 Society of Cosmetic Scientists and the Société Française de Cosmétologie.
KEYWORDS:
BCL-2; aging; catalase; grey hair; melanocyte; oxidative stress
http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/24033376
  • Informative x 1

#25 sensei

• Topic Starter
  • 929 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 06:51 PM

Beard comparison

Left picture is today, right picture was Sept 2014.

When I was in my 20's and 30's my beard was an auburn with golden and blond highlights.

Attached Files

Edited by sensei, 15 January 2015 - 06:53 PM.

#26 jafuga

• 33 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 06:55 PM

You've always been blonde beard ¿

#27 sensei

• Topic Starter
  • 929 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 06:59 PM

You've always been blonde beard ¿

When I was in my 20's and early 30's it was auburn golden, and I had blond hair.

My beard has been dark brown for about the last 10 years and grey started about 3 years ago, I'm early 40's now.

#28 kfir

• 8 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 January 2015 - 05:27 PM

Hi Sensei,

Your experiment is very interesting, and you will be interested to learn that hair can be regrown - and color can be restored to gray hair - without the need for any chemicals. The link between mind-body practices and epigenetics is now well established, and that's what led me to run an experiment, which is now in its 7th month, and is giving exceptional results. You can read about it in my blog, where I recently posted my six months report: http://www.doitwithw...x-months-report.

I'd be interested to hear your views on this.

Edited by kfir, 17 January 2015 - 05:35 PM.

#29 sensei

• Topic Starter
  • 929 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 05:49 PM

Hi Sensei,

Your experiment is very interesting, and you will be interested to learn that hair can be regrown - and color can be restored to gray hair - without the need for any chemicals. The link between mind-body practices and epigenetics is now well established, and that's what led me to run an experiment, which is now in its 7th month, and is giving exceptional results. You can read about it in my blog, where I recently posted my six months report: http://www.doitwithw...x-months-report.

I'd be interested to hear your views on this.

I looked at your pictures, and honestly it looks like you have actually lost hair from september to december.

The whorl, on the right side of the photo in Sept is almost gone in december.

Your hair is also much longer in Dec.

I'm not saying that you have not experienced regrowth; however, the December picture seems to show a larger bald area, and thinning hair.

#30 kfir

• 8 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 January 2015 - 06:05 PM

I see what the problem is: the December photo is rotated by 180 degrees (I'm going to fix it). Moreover, while the September picture was taken with natural light, the December one was taken with a flash (because I was interested in seeing what happened with the black hair) and therefore the white hair, that does not reflect light, "disappeared" from the image. However, white hair that has not been replaced by a black version is still there. I'll update the report to explain that too.

I can assure you that I haven't lost any hair. Actually, the process has picked up speed in the last couple of weeks and now there is almost no area without at least some hair on it (which I haven't had in years). I will continue to post updates as the procees goes on, so you may want to keep an eye on it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hair growth

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users