* * * * * 2 votes

Sensei's Hair Regrowth and De-graying Experiment Log

hair growth

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#61 Stefanovic

• 300 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 02:22 PM

It's still a lot of money for me, what is the main difference between this and the 99,90 purity, anyone tried that? From what dosage on do you experience the hair benefits?

#62 boylan

• 55 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 05:50 PM

Side by side comparison 12 dec to today

I can definitely see a difference. And I've been at this game for a long time. Congrats!

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for C60 HEALTH to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above).

#63 sensei

• Topic Starter
  • 929 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 11:35 AM

First experiment making C60OO at home

C60 in suspension after shaking.

about 200mg in ~250mg OO left in bottle I have been using.

I didn't crush because the amount was so small and I need a smaller mortar and pestle.

Attached Files

Edited by sensei, 22 January 2015 - 12:06 PM.

• like x 1

#64 Stefanovic

• 300 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 11:44 AM

I don't understand: some people report severe side effects taking 1 mg doses, so howcome 45 mg doses can be okay? Just a question.

#65 sensei

• Topic Starter
  • 929 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 12:07 PM

I don't understand: some people report severe side effects taking 1 mg doses, so howcome 45 mg doses can be okay? Just a question.

I have never heard of severe side effects from 1mg dose.  please link to the post or thread

#66 Stefanovic

• 300 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 12:14 PM

Reading Adamski's log is kinda scary.

Does making your own oil involve any risks for the environment?

#67 sensei

• Topic Starter
  • 929 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 12:39 PM

Reading Adamski's log is kinda scary.

Does making your own oil involve any risks for the environment?

Yes Adamski smokes and vapes large amounts of nicotine, drinks alot, and takes modafinil  -- that is a bit concerning.

Nowhere did I see anything about 1ml.

As for the environment. Really?  -- Any C60 that I ingest and that does not stay in my body gets into the environment after elimination.

#68 seescaper

• 27 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 January 2015 - 01:30 PM

No one has taken up a response the question of what the minimum dosages of c60 might be to achieve hair growth. I think it is because that is simply unknown at this time. The dosage of a bottle every other day has not been established as such. It appears to have been arbitrarily chosen, or at least I don't recall a reason given. Another poster on Longecity, "Turnbuckle," has reported regrowth in himself (although not color change) with much smaller doses, although others have not. He comments on it in his profile as well. He also thinks that topical application may be at least as important. The minimum dosage may differ among different individuals. As i have already posted, i am getting regrowth but not color change using a whole panoply of stuff, and i did not begin to notice the regrowth until i had added a considerable number of these topicals. As i am interested in enhancing and speeding up the response, as well as achieving color change, i think that i will start to gradually ramp up my oral c60 dose, but gradually, to try and find my minimum necessary. I am not sure if i am confident enough to make my own, but will look into it. I am not sure if there is a difference in response to the various versions of c60 that are all over 99% pure, but which rapidly increase the price as you move up the purity by fractions of a %. Also, Sensei has not commented on any other effects, positive or negative, at his dosage, if any, unrelated to hair. I also believe that while there may be some major contributors to hair regrowth, the cocktail i am using provides a force majeure effect that would help push more resistant responders over the top.

#69 sensei

• Topic Starter
  • 929 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 01:48 PM

, Sensei has not commented on any other effects, positive or negative, at his dosage, if any, unrelated to hair. 

Sure I have. (below are effects i have posted on threads in the C60 health forum)

1. Increased sense of smell.

2. Increased sensitivity of palate (taste).

3. Faster nail growth.

4. Scar reduction

5. Reduces effect of benzodiazepine (valium) when used for sleep induction -- requiring approximately 350% normal dose (14mg vs 4 mg)

6. I believe recently stated in response to a question by Turnbuckle (if I didn't I meant to), that I feel overall better when taking the higher doses of c60OO -- placebo? maybe, maybe not.

Edited by sensei, 22 January 2015 - 01:52 PM.

#70 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 09:04 PM

Thanks, but shaking it many times a day is a bit hard when you're not home and on the road. Any other companies selling it, I always want to have some back up companies if it would work and one company would stop selling it.

You don't have to shake it many times a day.  Morning and night would be fine.  It's a lot easier if you make a lower concentration, like .5mg/ml, but if you want to megadose it, then you would probably want a higher concentration.  You can get a magnetic stirrer for 70-200 dollars, then you don't have to shake and you can get a lot more to react.  I don't know what dose would be required for this effect, but it's certainly body weight related if you're taking it orally. 

I'm not entirely convinced that the two major suppliers are really using 99.95%.  They say they are, and they might even believe they are, but it would be very easy to use a lower grade, and I don't know of any third party evidence regarding their products.  It's possible that some of the effects of the commercial products are due at least in part to c70, which is borne out in the scientific and patent literature.  I'm having a hard time duplicating the anti-eczema effect of one of the commercial products using 99.95% c60 and good olive oil.  I'll be trying out a lower grade one of these days.

#71 sensei

• Topic Starter
  • 929 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 09:44 PM

I'm not entirely convinced that the two major suppliers are really using 99.95%.  They say they are, and they might even believe they are, but it would be very easy to use a lower grade, and I don't know of any third party evidence regarding their products.  It's possible that some of the effects of the commercial products are due at least in part to c70, which is borne out in the scientific and patent literature.  I'm having a hard time duplicating the anti-eczema effect of one of the commercial products using 99.95% c60 and good olive oil.  I'll be trying out a lower grade one of these days.

If it is 99.5% instead of 99.95% -- that's 5 parts in 1000, not all of which is C70.

For my total consumption of 2610 milligrams, that would only be 13 milligrams of C70 over the 8 months of consumption -- 54 micrograms per day.

If it was only 99% pure (lowest grade) that's 1 part per hundred.

For my total consumption of 2610 milligrams, that would only be 26 milligrams of C70 over the 8 months of consumption -- 108 micrograms per day.

Do you really think that C70 at an average daily dose of 50 - 100 micrograms is causing an effect?

If you do, it would only cost $365 for 10,000 daily doses at 100 ug/day -- a 27 year supply; or a 54 year supply at 50 ug/day.

Of note, C70 is 10 times as expensive as C60 at the same purity -- any company would likely go to great ends to remove a contaminant that was worth 10 times the chemical it is contaminating. It may be that the contaminant is/are something other than C70.

Edited by sensei, 22 January 2015 - 09:57 PM.

• Good Point x 1

#72 sensei

• Topic Starter
  • 929 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 02:23 AM

You don't have to shake it many times a day.  Morning and night would be fine.  

Picture shows color change after 1 day of shaking (morning and evening)

Attached Files

• Attached File  oil.jpg   75.52KB   3 downloads

#73 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 02:23 AM

50-100 micrograms is a pretty reasonable dose for an extremely potent compound.  (LSD would be an example.)  If c70 did happen to be the magic (that's only a hypothesis at this point) then it would certainly drop the cost, if 50-100 ug/d was sufficient.    At a 1% level, they couldn't make enough money from collecting the c70 to justify the cost of separating it from c60 and subsequently purifying it.  It's much cheaper to just leave it in, as can be seen from the cost of the various purity levels.  I recently paid about $20 a gram for fire grams of 99% from SES.  It was a special promotion.

• Agree x 1

#74 sensei

• Topic Starter
  • 929 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 02:48 AM

50-100 micrograms is a pretty reasonable dose for an extremely potent compound.  (LSD would be an example.)  If c70 did happen to be the magic (that's only a hypothesis at this point) then it would certainly drop the cost, if 50-100 ug/d was sufficient.    At a 1% level, they couldn't make enough money from collecting the c70 to justify the cost of separating it from c60 and subsequently purifying it.  It's much cheaper to just leave it in, as can be seen from the cost of the various purity levels.  I recently paid about $20 a gram for fire grams of 99% from SES.  It was a special promotion.

Yes, chemicals can be active at the microgram dose, but what are the molar, dose/kg or ug/mg per ml solution concentrations of C70 in the literature?

I'm looking for literature that identifies and quantifies the contaminants in purified C60.

#75 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 04:01 AM

Yes, chemicals can be active at the microgram dose, but what are the molar, dose/kg or ug/mg per ml solution concentrations of C70 in the literature?

I'm looking for literature that identifies and quantifies the contaminants in purified C60.

It is going to depend a lot on the way the molecule is functionalized.  Since there haven't been any publications on c60oo other than Baati, one can only speculate what the activity of a c70 fatty acid adduct might be.  There are examples in the literature of fullerenes having biological activity at very low concentration, so there's at least some precedent.

#76 seescaper

• 27 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 January 2015 - 10:05 PM

Thanks, but shaking it many times a day is a bit hard when you're not home and on the road. Any other companies selling it, I always want to have some back up companies if it would work and one company would stop selling it.

You don't have to shake it many times a day.  Morning and night would be fine.  It's a lot easier if you make a lower concentration, like .5mg/ml, but if you want to megadose it, then you would probably want a higher concentration.  You can get a magnetic stirrer for 70-200 dollars, then you don't have to shake and you can get a lot more to react.  I don't know what dose would be required for this effect, but it's certainly body weight related if you're taking it orally. 

In terms of making c60 yourself, according to the study, the solution was mixed continuously for 2 weeks, then centrifuged for an hour, , then filtered with a millipore filter. Is this what people are doing, or are they just stirring only?

i would be interested in detailed instructions

#77 sensei

• Topic Starter
  • 929 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 10:49 PM

In terms of making c60 yourself, according to the study, the solution was mixed continuously for 2 weeks, then centrifuged for an hour, , then filtered with a millipore filter. Is this what people are doing, or are they just stirring only?

This is the color change from only 2 days of manual shaking 

FYI -- the millipore filter was to ensure no microbial contamination skewed their results ( and to filter any aggregates ) -- and they actually stored the oil for use over the 7 months and beyond.

In real life, people use olive oil after opening for months -- it really is hard to get olive oil to go rancid, and without water content and only the C60 -- nothing is really going to grow in it.

Instructions -- add up to .9 grams C60 per liter of Olive Oil -- adding less makes it easier to completely dissolve the C60 -- so does crushing the C60 with mortar and pestle -- I did neither

I just added C60 from SES Reseach 99.95% pure at 225 mg /250 ml (used a milligram capable electronic scale) -- that's .9/1 ratio 

shake morning and night ( I shake it 100 times)

When it turns magenta/purple and there is no C60 left as sediment you are done

The more 'greenish' your olive oil is to start with -- the more orange/brown the C60 OO will look

Attached Files

Edited by sensei, 24 January 2015 - 10:59 PM.

#78 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:17 PM

I mortar grind, magnetic stir for 5 days or so, and filter at .22 microns. I have a centrifuge, but I don't use it, as I doubt it would add anything.

#79 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:23 PM

For my total consumption of 2610 milligrams, that would only be 26 milligrams of C70 over the 8 months of consumption -- 108 micrograms per day.

A while back I tried a 28% C70 mix twice a day with very bad results. The total dose of C70 was about 70 micrograms, and I dosed it twice a day. Turns out that C70 goes to a different place in the cell--the ER--where it can potentially screw up protein folding. Using it every once in a while at much greater dosages, I had never noticed a problem, so it probably doesn't say in the ER long.

#80 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:37 PM

Turnbuckle, what were the bad results you had with c70?  I remember you mentioning some weird pains in your neck, IIRC.  I'm going to try a 99% C60, where the main contaminant should be c70.   With the 28% c70 you used, do you know what the other 72% was?  Any c84?

Edited by niner, 24 January 2015 - 11:39 PM.

#81 sensei

• Topic Starter
  • 929 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:38 PM

Day 3 of the manual shaking C60 OO creation

You can see a slight change to a more ruby coloration from day 2 to day 3, a slight darkening, and less sediment

Same lamp as a backlight same lighting in room

Attached Files

Edited by sensei, 24 January 2015 - 11:40 PM.

#82 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:40 PM

Turnbuckle, what were the bad results you had with c70?  I remember you mentioning some weird pains in your neck, IIRC.  I'm going to try a 99% C60, where the main contaminant should be c70.

I wrote about it on my profile page (section 4)--

A C60 extract containing 28% C70 & 2% higher fullerenes at a very low dose level (0.5 mg/day) resulted in steady pains in both calves after a few days, as well as several hours of pulsing pain in the back of my neck. This went away within a day or two of stopping. Thus, for me, C70 is out. (One study found C70 in the endoplasmic reticulum (ER) rather than the mitochondria. In the ER it might interfere with protein synthesis.)

#83 Stefanovic

• 300 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 07:50 AM

for a clumsy non scientific person like me, the whole shaking thing looks a bit risky. Needed more benzodiapines doesnt seem to be a good side effect to me.

#84 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 25 January 2015 - 12:33 PM

for a clumsy non scientific person like me, the whole shaking thing looks a bit risky. 

Yeah. It's how many start out before they discover there are better ways. The discussion of what equipment to use began in 2012 and went on for 11 pages.

#85 seescaper

• 27 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 January 2015 - 02:29 PM

I am not sure that the filtration for sterility is necessary for oral consumption. Remember that in the rat study one of the arms involved intraperitoneal injection. That would require sterility.

• Good Point x 1

#86 resting

• Life Member
  • 65 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 06:10 PM

Still on a bottle every other day. Nothing yet to report either way. Regular photos being taken. Obviously way behind Sensei but it will be interesting. I think I do have 10 years on him also so that will have to be factored in.

#87 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 January 2015 - 10:34 PM

Sensei
What other supps do you take?

#88 sensei

• Topic Starter
  • 929 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 09:53 PM

Sensei
What other supps do you take?

Goji and astragalus

#89 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 January 2015 - 11:48 AM

Ah thx.

I don't know about Goji, but the Astragalus could be a confounding factor.

How much Astragalus do you take and what brand?

#90 bocor

• 119 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 07:38 PM

yes am also curious of what your dosage of goji is and what brand?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hair growth

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users