hair growth

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#91 sensei

• Topic Starter
  • 929 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 09:53 PM

I just started the astragalus (2015) -- and have only taken a few doses

Goji - I was drinking juice intermittently; genesis today organic goji 100 -- just bought some dried goji berries

Will powder and make decoctions or add to juices

Edited by sensei, 30 January 2015 - 09:54 PM.

#92 BarrelBoy

• 43 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 10:20 PM

Looks like they will start selling C60 OO themselves http://192.254.204.2...n-60-olive-oil/

I think I will have to grab some pure C60 and mix it up myself, have bought/shipped to Korea 5 bottles now

Ok this is off topic to the thread however I doubt the link posted above is from SESRES. That IP block is from websitewelcome.com

SESRES is on this ip block 170.178.212.252 completely different.

On Topic my wife has noticed that I am starting to get new growth coming in.  

What's your dosage?

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for C60 HEALTH to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above).

#93 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 January 2015 - 03:45 AM

Goji - I was drinking juice intermittently; genesis today organic goji 100 -- just bought some dried goji berries

I don't wan to take the thread off topic.
Do/have you discuss/ed these in another thread?

#94 sensei

• Topic Starter
  • 929 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 03:48 AM

I don't wan to take the thread off topic.
Do/have you discuss/ed these in another thread?

http://www.longecity...ivators-anyone/

#95 sensei

• Topic Starter
  • 929 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 05:16 PM

Latest beard comparison

Attached Files

• Pointless, Timewasting x 2
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • Good Point x 1
  • Informative x 1
  • dislike x 1

#96 nowayout

• 2,946 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 01:08 AM

Latest beard comparison

It is really hard to tell if there is any difference because the overall color saturation in the two pictures are so different. I wonder if using photoshop to equalize the saturations would be helpful. I don't have background in that so this is a cue for the artsy people to chime in.

Edited by nowayout, 02 February 2015 - 01:11 AM.

• Agree x 4
  • Good Point x 1

#97 sensei

• Topic Starter
  • 929 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 01:38 AM

Latest beard comparison

It is really hard to tell if there is any difference because the overall color saturation in the two pictures are so different. I wonder if using photoshop to equalize the saturations would be helpful. I don't have background in that so this is a cue for the artsy people to chime in.

It's the same exact phone camera, one has natural sunlight the other is indoors. -- No after photo processing.

#98 mtn2011

• 33 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 02:09 PM

the color temperatures are different, have to white balance both photos to really look at the differences

• Good Point x 1

#99 nowayout

• 2,946 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 03:15 PM

It's the same exact phone camera, one has natural sunlight the other is indoors.

That's the problem then.  The difference in lighting makes comparison impossible.   It will be difficult to precisely reproduce conditions, but perhaps try to take another one in the same outdoors light conditions as before? 

Edited by nowayout, 02 February 2015 - 03:18 PM.

• Agree x 2

#100 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 01:47 AM

At least we now know that high dose c60 causes people to develop horizontal pigmentation stripes on their face. :)

• Cheerful x 7

#101 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 February 2015 - 12:42 PM

At least we now know that high dose c60 causes people to develop horizontal pigmentation stripes on their face. :)

Breaking News!

The Zebra Effect!

:-D

Take the pics at night, in exactly the same place, with the same lights on/off and/or flash, and camera Sensei.

• Agree x 1

#102 Kalliste

• 1,147 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 01:36 PM

Has this been up before? I could not find it mentioned but maybe I'm just stupid. Seems relevant to the entire skin affair. Does this mean we should be rubbing our skin with c60OO?

I have a hard time getting this info to fit together with the supposed radical-generating ability of c60 in the presence of UV?

Fullerene-C60 derivatives prevent UV-irradiation/ TiO2-induced cytotoxicity on keratinocytes and 3D-skin tissues through antioxidant actions.
Abstract

Microcorpuscular titanium dioxide (TiO2), a useful sunscreen agent, photocatalyzes generation of reactive oxygen species (ROS). We assessed protective effects of fullerene-C60 derivatives or microcolloidal platinum (Pt) against ultraviolet ray (UV)-irradiation in the presence of TiO2 in vitro. UV-irradiation (8 J/cm2, mixed UVA and UVB) in the presence of 15 ppm TiO2 on HaCaT keratinocytes decreased cell viability as quantified by WST-1 assay, and increased both intracellular ROS and cell-membrane-lipid peroxidation, as quantified by nitroblue-tetrazolium (NBT) assay and diphenyl-1-pyrenylphosphine (DPPP) assay, respectively, whereas all of three phototoxicity-related symptoms were appreciably repressed almost to UV-unirradiational levels by pretreatment with polyvinylpyrrolidone-entrapped fullerene-C60 (C60/PVP) or fullerene-C60 dissolved in squalane (C60/Sqn) in a dose-dependent manner of C60, but scarcely by PVP alone or Sqn alone. In contrast, Pt repressed intracellular ROS generation, but did not prevent either peroxidation of cell-membrane-lipid or cell mortality. Then in the epidermis of 3-dimensional human skin tissue model, UV-irradiation in the presence of TiO2 extensively induced two symptoms such as ROS-generation around perinuclear regions and membrane-lipid peroxidation, both of which were repressed by C60/PVP or C60/Sqn, whereas Pt did not prevent membrane-lipid peroxidation adequately. Thus the advantageous application of the lipophilic antioxidant fullerene-C60 which effectively protects cell membrane against peroxidation. In conclusion, fullerene-C60 can be expected to serve as an antioxidant for scavenging of TiO2-photocatalyzed ROS in the skin surface, and therefore provide a functional improvement of TiO2-containing sunscreens.

#103 jafuga

• 33 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 07:52 PM

dosage of astagalus?

astragalus root?

• Off-Topic x 2

#104 jafuga

• 33 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 07:55 PM

Latest beard comparison

seem to have enough gray hair in this picture.

I do not know if its because the flash

#105 sensei

• Topic Starter
  • 929 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 09:58 PM

dosage of astagalus?

astragalus root?

intermittent only started jan 2015

#106 BarrelBoy

• 43 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 09:28 AM

Side by side comparison 12 dec to today

To me, I can't see any difference in the amount of hairs. The newer picture just looks like the follicles are thicker, with no definite signs of new growth.

#107 sensei

• Topic Starter
  • 929 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 06:25 PM

Real color photos of latest crown area of my head.

You can see that there is no gray, and the color is brownish auburn

Comparison to August 2014

Attached Files

Edited by sensei, 14 February 2015 - 06:26 PM.

• Good Point x 1

#108 sensei

• Topic Starter
  • 929 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 06:20 PM

Just shaved chest, underarm, and lower region body hair.  This is to see how much gray is left when it grows back in.

Grey hairs under my arms are completely gone.

The same is true with lower regions, although the color is lighter and duller than it used to be years ago.

Also to see how color changes.  

Armpit hair has returned to the dark color it was years ago.

Edited by sensei, 17 February 2015 - 06:24 PM.

#109 Clacksberg

• 138 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 February 2015 - 08:30 PM

Well, i'm leaving before you put up a photo of the lower regions !

• Cheerful x 2
  • like x 1

#110 boylan

• 55 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 09:38 PM

I was thinking hairy toes? :-)

#111 Clacksberg

• 138 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 February 2015 - 10:02 PM

Might need more research !

• Cheerful x 1

#112 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 12:21 AM

I have a hard time getting this info to fit together with the supposed radical-generating ability of c60 in the presence of UV?

Fullerene-C60 derivatives prevent UV-irradiation/ TiO2-induced cytotoxicity on keratinocytes and 3D-skin tissues through antioxidant actions.

This confuses most everyone.  The radical-generating fullerenes are aggregates.  In the presence of UV, those seem to be trouble.  Single molecule fullerenes, on the other hand, don't seem to have that effect.  They are, on the other hand, very good antioxidants. C60oo is a molecular species, not an aggregate.

#113 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 19 February 2015 - 02:07 PM

This confuses most everyone.  The radical-generating fullerenes are aggregates.  In the presence of UV, those seem to be trouble.  Single molecule fullerenes, on the other hand, don't seem to have that effect.  They are, on the other hand, very good antioxidants. C60oo is a molecular species, not an aggregate.

It might be the opposite--

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/18522134

The mechanism involved with (1) energy and electron transfer by C60 in the aqueous phase during UV irradiation and (2) subsequent production of reactive oxygen species (ROS) such as singlet oxygen and superoxide radical anion was investigated. Electron paramagnetic resonance (EPR) study showed that C60 embedded in micelles of nonionic surfactant (Triton X 100) or anionic surfactant (sodium dodecylbenzenesulfonate) produced ROS, but aggregated C60 did not, consistent with our earlier findings made using indicator chemicals. Nanosecond and femtosecond laser flash photolysis showed that the aggregation of C60 significantly accelerates the decay of excited triplet state C60, which is a key intermediate for energy and electron transfer, thus blocking the pathway for ROS production. This finding suggests that C60 clusters will not contribute to oxidative damage or redox reactions in natural environment and biological systems in the same way molecular C60 in organic phase reportedly does. In contrast, C60 embedded in surfactant micelles produces ROS and the evidence is presented for the formation of C60 radical anion as an intermediate.

#114 Kalliste

• 1,147 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 03:03 PM

Could it be producing ROS and absorb them at the same time? Maybe it is net absorbing them. Or maybe it is stimulating the lysosomes or some other part of the cellular defenses with it's presence and this stuff has nothing to do with any antioxidating.

#115 sensei

• Topic Starter
  • 929 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 05:18 PM

Might need more research !

If there are any smoking hot female research assistants out there, IM me.  :-D

• Cheerful x 2

#116 sensei

• Topic Starter
  • 929 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 04:42 PM

Picture for reference - red circles are ares of increased density.

I plan to start dermarolling .75mm weekly and daily topical with .25mm dermaroller to help transdermal passage of C60OO.

One can see there is no gray -- and my hair color has started to return to a golden-auburn-brown. (gray shimmer at edge of head- hair tips is reflected light)

Attached Files

Edited by sensei, 24 February 2015 - 04:46 PM.

• like x 1

#117 sensei

• Topic Starter
  • 929 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 06:53 PM

Day 1 Topical and Dermarolling protocol

.25mm dermaroller used on all balding areas even receding front on sides of remaining widow's peak

applied C60OO topically immediately following dermarolling rubbed in until mostly absorbed

Every 7th day I plan to use a .50mm or .75mm dermaroller

• Good Point x 1

#118 sensei

• Topic Starter
  • 929 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 03:47 AM

every day rolling even with .25 mm makes my scalp too sore, so I'm changing to every other day -- still topical daily

30 ml / 27 mg C60OO oral

#119 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 02:11 AM

It might be the opposite--

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/18522134

The mechanism involved with (1) energy and electron transfer by C60 in the aqueous phase during UV irradiation and (2) subsequent production of reactive oxygen species (ROS) such as singlet oxygen and superoxide radical anion was investigated. Electron paramagnetic resonance (EPR) study showed that C60 embedded in micelles of nonionic surfactant (Triton X 100) or anionic surfactant (sodium dodecylbenzenesulfonate) produced ROS, but aggregated C60 did not, consistent with our earlier findings made using indicator chemicals. Nanosecond and femtosecond laser flash photolysis showed that the aggregation of C60 significantly accelerates the decay of excited triplet state C60, which is a key intermediate for energy and electron transfer, thus blocking the pathway for ROS production. This finding suggests that C60 clusters will not contribute to oxidative damage or redox reactions in natural environment and biological systems in the same way molecular C60 in organic phase reportedly does. In contrast, C60 embedded in surfactant micelles produces ROS and the evidence is presented for the formation of C60 radical anion as an intermediate.

That's a head-scratcher...  I've seen so many examples of aggregated fullerenes having phototoxicity in biological systems, and molecular species having antioxidant properties, that I'd come to think of phototoxicity as a property of aggregates.  On the basis of this study, I'd have to say that was in doubt.  This group mentions some conflicting findings in the literature, but it looks like their in vitro work is pretty solid.  I guess that there is something else going on, perhaps having to do with localization in cells.  Maybe the molecular species is able to get into locations that are protected from UV?

#120 sensei

• Topic Starter
  • 929 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 07:11 PM

Latest up close pic.

I zoomed in on the freckle and long line area as it can be used for reference.

Make your own decision as to whether there is any increase in hair follicle density

Left is today -- right was August 2014

Attached Files

Edited by sensei, 03 March 2015 - 07:17 PM.

• Good Point x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hair growth

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users