• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

The scientific progress will lead to the paradise on Earth

transhumanist utopia religion paradise

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,213 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 10:34 PM

The previous topic with the same name located here:

http://www.longecity...adise-on-earth/

I made somehow a "group topic" and nobody can answer there. Sorry. You are welcome to give your answers here.

#2 Avatar of Horus

• 241 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 10:50 PM

I can admit, that in ADVANCESSSS writings not everything is illogical, and there are some interesting ideas. Simply the ideas, that are interesting, are represented in a very unusual way. I liked one, that may turn the point of the religion towards the immortality, actually. It is his idea, that if we become immortal we would be able to achieve everything, including to make the paradise on the place, where we live and have everything, that we like. I think, that this idea may finally make the religions accept the idea for the biological immortality, and to start supporting it. I even made a web site for it:
http://www.whyparadise.tk/
and posted a topic about that in the religion section of this forum, and thought, that it will be a hot topic, but instead it turned into one of the few unvisited topics there.
http://www.longecity...adise-on-earth/

P.S. made the site with his permission, from the name of us both, so didn't stole his idea.

(I would've answered in that topic but you created it as a group topic so I can't, so I answer here.)

This 'paradise' thing is a known subject in Transhumanism, sometimes called as the "Transhumanist Utopia", and has the characteristics of what you describe.

Lol :) What does it mean a group topic? lol How to change it, so it to become available to all?

Why not enlight the church about the transhumanist utopia, then?

for instance: from the Wikipedia/Transhumanism:

... Christian theologians and lay activists of several churches and denominations have expressed similar objections to transhumanism and claimed that Christians attain in the afterlife what radical transhumanism promises, such as indefinite life extension or the abolition of suffering. In this view, transhumanism is just another representative of the long line of utopian movements which seek to create "heaven on earth".[99][100] ...

also a net search may give some relevant writings about it:
https://www.google.h...humanist utopia

#3 Danail Bulgaria

• Topic Starter
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 07:41 AM

Wow. I thought I know at least the basics of transhumanism, and it appeared, that I know nothing. lol :)  Do you know what is the opinion of the official church about the transhumanist utopia? I mean the catlicism and the slavic church, the judaism, budism, hinduism, islam?

#4 serp777

• 622 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 09:19 PM

There's one quote which I really like about this topic but I can't remember who its from: "each step on the road of scientific progress is a key that opens a lock on the gates of heaven, but also hell"

#5 Danail Bulgaria

• Topic Starter
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 09:21 PM

I am optimistic. I think, that nobody wants the hell for him or for his ofspring, and this is why all will try to prevent it. So, the chances the paradise to happen, are higher, according to me.

#6 serp777

• 622 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 09:26 PM

I am optimistic. I think, that nobody wants the hell for him or for his ofspring, and this is why all will try to prevent it. So, the chances the paradise to happen, are higher, according to me.

All it takes is one crazy genius to unleash a genetically engineered biological agent or virus that is airborne and has a 99% kill rate. Suddenly the world descends back into the dark ages and most people on the planet are dead. I am generally optimistic that most people wouldn't do that, but its possible it could also be by accident.

#7 Danail Bulgaria

• Topic Starter
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 09:29 PM

Bad scenarios can always happen, but so far they didn't. The atomic bomb became true, the atomic apocalipse not. Biological weapons exist also today. But they are very well controlled, I suppose.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: transhumanist utopia, religion, paradise

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users