MDMA anxiety treatment, HPPD

mdma anxiety hppd

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 superlux

• 18 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 10:37 PM

Hello,

After abusing MDMA and other Empathogens (research chemicals) I ended up with anxiety disorder/panic attacks. This was 5 month ago. I started using MDMA 8 Month ago using it with 2-3 weeks of space between sessions, only once doing it 2 times consecutively. So, in total I used it like 7 times. I had symptoms of derealisation/despersonalisacion/ OCD/visual snow (HPPD?) etc. I did my best in overcoming this symptoms with proper diet and a 5 times per week strength training workout plan. I did not use any benzos, tranquelizer or any other anxiolytic drugs/supplements. 
So, after 4 month doing this I have become nearly perfectly healthy again. The only thing that bother me are:

-Visual snow (HPPD? ): AT the beginning I saw floating red, blue dots at night. After 4 month they are transparant and not as strong anymore.
Question: Will the transparant dots ever go away ? 

OCD: I  had real OCD symptoms only sometimes. But there is a thing I´m noticing and that is earworms that were not present the way Iam experiencing them right now.
Example: After hearing a song or melody it seems stuck in my head, especially at night.
Question: Could this be due to serotonin receptors still being downregulated ?

Anxiety: Anxiety is nearly cured. Mental anxiety is cured but physical anxiety still occures in some occacions. I seem to have more energy, restlesness. Could it be due to a neurotransmitter imbalance favoring excitatory neurotransmitter ?
Question: How long will it take to go away ? Its quit difficult to find information on specific symptoms...

All other symptoms I had are curedand I´m looking forward to never ever use this drugs again. It was out of curiosity but I learned my lesson. If anybody had gone through the same and could give me any advice in how to overcome the last symtpoms I would appreciate it.

#2 Ignas

• 12 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 10:46 PM

Hi,are you still seeing visual snow? I think mine also start after mdma..

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 superlux

• Topic Starter
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 10:49 PM

As I wrote It got a lot better.

#4 β-Endorphin

• 66 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 05:08 PM

MDMA has been shown to cause lesions(a form of brain damage) in serotonergic axons specifically. Brain damage in these areas could easily explain all of your symptoms. Unfortunately, this brain damage lasts longer than 2 years, and their are no studies(that I have seen) that conclusively prove the brain can repair itself back to 100% with time.

If you want, you can help your brain repair the damage by taking drugs/supplements that enhance neurogenesis. Neurogenesis is the process in which the brain generates new brain cells and promotes the health of old ones. The most effective way to boost neurogenesis is to increase BDNF(Brain-derived Neurotrophic growth factor)or NGF(Neurotrophic growth factor). Some supplements that boost levels of these chemicals are vitamin b3(Niacin), zinc(http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/24621065), L-theanine(http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21617527), Lions Mane(http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24266378), Magnesium(http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25027582) and a few others.

Additionally, exercise boosts BDNF(http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/17414812), so working out can help get you back to normal and give you a way to outlet all of that "physical hyperness".

• Good Point x 1

#5 sk_scientific

• 256 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 March 2015 - 05:16 PM

NSI-189 may be a very viable therapeutic candidate for MDMA related brain damage as MDMA is known to damage the hippocampus and this is the primary location of drug action for NSI-189.  Furthermore, the hippocampus is largely the seat of mood and emotional regulation in the brain.

Edited by sk_scientific, 09 March 2015 - 05:18 PM.

#6 superlux

• Topic Starter
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 06:48 PM

Thx for the helpful information. The only things I am taking right now are B vitamins, magnesium and zinc and also creatine as it is supposed boost BNDF. What about isotinol ? Do you guys think that serotonin receptors already up-regulated and that the symptoms are only due to axon damage or both ? I know its a difficult topic but I would hear some opinions.

#7 sk_scientific

• 256 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 March 2015 - 07:00 PM

Thx for the helpful information. The only things I am taking right now are B vitamins, magnesium and zinc and also creatine as it is supposed boost BNDF. What about isotinol ? Do you guys think that serotonin receptors already up-regulated and that the symptoms are only due to axon damage or both ? I know its a difficult topic but I would hear some opinions.

It's hard for me to speculate about all of that because I knew people in the late 90's early 2000's who came out of the rave scene with cognitive deficits after chronic, hardcore ecstasy abuse who used nutritional supplements on a daily basis to little avail.  I know that neuronal death, similar to that which is seen in methamphetamine users has been observed.  It seems to me that the areas most effected by MDMA and respective neurotoxicities are the prefrontal cortex (seat of executive function) and the hippocampus, or atleast the most measurable behavioral changes occur as a result of neurological assault in those areas.  At this time there's not much that seems clearly hopeful for damages incurred in the prefrontal cortex, however compounds prompting neurogensis and synaptogensis in an areas that are dense with stems cells like the hippocampus appear to hold the most therapeutic potential.  It just happens that the majority affective issues are somehow correlated to the hippocampus, though understand: Not entirely so.  The brain is a complex dynamic organ.  Perhaps it's worthy of consideration in your case, is all I'm saying.

Edited by sk_scientific, 09 March 2015 - 07:03 PM.

#8 β-Endorphin

• 66 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 08:04 PM

I highly doubt your serotonin receptors are still desensitized, as its already been 4 months. In most people, the serotonin receptors would have returned back to normal sensitivity a while ago. But it wouldn't hurt to take Inositol, to help with your OCD like symptoms because it seems pretty effective for that.

Just curious, how does serotonin precursors(L-tryptophan and 5-htp) and Serotonergic drugs(SSRIs, Kanna, Bacopa etc.) affect your condition?

If you're looking into neurogenesis seriously, I would highly recommend Lion's mane and L-theanine. Lions mane is pretty potent in this respect, and L-theanine is not as potent but still a great sedative and antidepressant for me.

#9 superlux

• Topic Starter
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 08:31 PM

I am not taking any hard drugs like SSRI etc.  I am trying to heal naturally, although it may will take longer. Lions mane and L-theanine sounds interesting. The only things I would take would be save things that don't have much side effects. What supplements/drugs are the safest with the least side effects in your opinion ?

#10 pinnacle

• 62 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 01:31 AM

Tianeptine

Zembrin  :)

#11 pinnacle

• 62 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 01:57 AM

I would give the inositol a miss, even in massive doses it did nothing for me. Keep up the B vits, magnesium and zinc.

I would also highly recommend the Uridine stack, it worked a miracle for me. 

http://www.longecity...ne-uridine-dha/

#12 pinnacle

• 62 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 02:06 AM

You could try Bacopa, Ashwagandha and Rhodiola. None were particularly profound, however they might work for you. Rhodiola was my personal favourite.

...but seriously, for the anxiety, Tianeptine or Zembrin... Wow ;)

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#13 Guinga

• 22 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 02:46 AM

Keppra (levetiracetam), seems to be a unanimous form of treatement among the hppd comunnity.  you should check it out if you haven't yet. as for the upregulation of the serotonin receptors, even if they're alrealdy back to baseline, i think you should try St. Jonh's Worth or Tianeptine or cycle both of them. it may not help too much or it may help a lot. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mdma, anxiety, hppd

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users