Multi-vitamin for Children

children

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mikela

• 109 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 05:30 AM

Hi Folks,

I have a two and a half year old toddler who is a picky eater.  My wife knows I frequent this forum and research supplements, NR,  C60OO etc. so she enlisted me to identify a multi-vitamin for our daughter and a friend of hers at work with a child whom is also expecting an answer.  The research I have done so far has been unfruitful with caveats such as folks interested in nootropics for kids (really?).  If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

• like x 1

#2 Dorian Grey

• 2,159 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 07:02 AM

I remember my mom was a big believer in supplements and started me on them early on.  Don't recall exactly what she was giving me, but I do remember learning to swallow multiple tabs in one gulp.  

Don't believe anything I gulped down causing any trouble, but I worry she did get a bit carried away.  

Giving supplements to children is a touchy subject, as "informed consent" is replaced with parental judgement.  I would tend to err on the side of a very conservative protocol of a basic LOW DOSE multi.  Children and young adults seem to do quite well despite the atrocious diets they often consume, so overkill with multiple boutique supplements would appear to be unnecessary and unwise.  

As "eating one's vegetables" is often a  major problem with children, flavonoids and polyphenols would seem to be a primary area of concern.  Fresh fruit might help, or perhaps a small amount of weak green tea might provide both flavonoids and polyphenols.  This would be what I would be worried about with children living on carb/protein dominant diet.  Eggs also have been called natures perfect food, and may provide quality protein, choline and vitamins the child might not be getting elsewhere.  

• Agree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 mikela

• Topic Starter
  • 109 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 08:21 PM

I would tend to err on the side of a very conservative protocol of a basic LOW DOSE multi.  Children and young adults seem to do quite well despite the atrocious diets they often consume, so overkill with multiple boutique supplements would appear to be unnecessary and unwise.  

Agreed!  Just not sure which one.

As "eating one's vegetables" is often a  major problem with children, flavonoids and polyphenols would seem to be a primary area of concern.  Fresh fruit might help, or perhaps a small amount of weak green tea might provide both flavonoids and polyphenols.  This would be what I would be worried about with children living on carb/protein dominant diet.  Eggs also have been called natures perfect food, and may provide quality protein, choline and vitamins the child might not be getting elsewhere.  

Oddly enough, my daughter eats vegetables i.e., spinach, cucumber, etc and likes that very much.  She is NOT a very big meat eater and only occasionally eats chicken or salmon.  So we may actually be in pretty good shape.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: children

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users