• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

doc switchted me form snri to ssri. what supplement can make up for loss of NRI (noradrenaline reuptake inhibition)?

snri nri noradrenaline dopamine

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 sentics

• 78 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 November 2015 - 09:08 AM

i went from venlafaxine to sertraline and i don't really function too well now, I feel depressed and unmotivated, and chronically fatigued. Also i look very tired and unhealthy all the time. My focus and concentration went down, i can hardly read anymore.

in recent months i changed my medication too many times, which is why my psychiatrist right now refuses to put me back on venlafaxine - instead she made me try vortioxetine, but it's only been 3 days, so i can't make a statement about it yet.

so what supplements could help me? I know about L-tyrosine and Mucuna Pruriens. would those achieve a similar effect as an (S)NRI?

thank you.

#2 PalmAnita

• 97 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 November 2015 - 08:09 AM

Caffeine?

If you're open to experiments, that ritalin derivate isopropylphenidate is a nice thing to get motivation and energy, it's already patented for ADHD use and much cleaner physically than either MPH or EPH but unfortunately it will take a long time as usual until we'll see any IPPD meds available. In combination with the antioxidant emoxypine the rebound goes away too. 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 sentics

• Topic Starter
  • 78 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 November 2015 - 06:23 PM

thanks, sounds cool, though sounds more like a temporary solution. where can i get it though?

#4 Reiher Allendi

• 12 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 08:12 PM

Desipramine, maprotiline (old antidepressants with high noradrenergic profile) - by the way I'm taking maprotiline 25mg.

Atomoxetine (NRI for ADHD) - it can be used for as adjunct for depression.

Gingko biloba is NRI too, but herbal medicines usually interact with too many things, so talk with your doc.

• Informative x 1

#5 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 10:35 PM

(white) ginseng extract at least for me though.

Edited by Flex, 18 January 2016 - 10:36 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#6 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 11:20 PM

Find a new pdoc if he takes you off something that worked and refuses to put you back on it,

Ginkgo or other supplements wont help imo as they far from enough simular noradrenaline reuptake then effexor, that said ppl respond to differened antidepressants entirely independent from their effects on serotonin or noradrenaline, effexor for example acts on the opiate receptors, and the internet is full of ppl having to try diff ssris before finding one that works even tough they all do the same, so im skeptical that emulating the ne increase with something works

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: snri, nri, noradrenaline, dopamine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users