Nilotinib Group Buy

nilotinib

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
691 replies to this topic

#181 resveratrol_guy

• 1,315 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 04:10 PM

Thx RG   :)

I learned a lot in the process and any future buys will be faster without all the research I did and the practical mistakes and small oversights etc.
I would be happy to look at other group buys, besides Nilotinib, if those terms are ok with Longecity..?

Tiron looks very Interesting!?
http://www.longecity...idant/?p=763513

I don't think there will be an issue with the Nilotinib from my experience with the supplier and the fact that they know it's going to a lab for testing.

But if the purity is not up to scratch; the testing lab can further purify it by a process called recrystallization.

you end up with less product and it gets more pricy, but it's now in the country where most of this group buy's members reside...

GMP:

I discussed this important matter with the lab and they assured me that they will be following GMP:

Properly cleaned equipment, gloves, masks etc and it will be done by the same Dr. doing the testing.

GMP awareness is good news. This matters!

I'm not familiar with Tiron, but there are 100 other potential group buys in any event. Ideally, we can just reuse your same partners if they're economically competitive and prove to be competent.

Again, good work!

#182 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 04:46 PM

Hi, 

mark me down for round 2 , Nilotinib group buy if one moves foreword.

If anyone has any extra they would be interested in parting with,  I'd be more then willing to buy any extra floating around.

Thanks!

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#183 resveratrol_guy

• 1,315 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 08:45 PM

Hi, 

If anyone has any extra they would be interested in parting with,  I'd be more then willing to buy any extra floating around.

Thanks!

Hi Ark. Your profile says you're 29. If this is for you, then at least, I would wait for feedback from more desparate cases, like real Parkinson's and dementia patients. I really doubt you have much of an alpha synuclein burden, even if you have a poor health history. In your case, the small cardiac risk must be weighed against the very small likely benefit. Yes, we might kill a few of your undetected cancer cells, but that, too, can be hazardous, if we push them to evolve more aggressively in response. Given that we don't want interference with our little experiment here, we at least need to adhere to a certain level of public responsibility, hence my warning.

• Good Point x 1
  • like x 1

#184 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 01:52 AM

Hi, 

Thanks!

Hi Ark. Your profile says you're 29. If this is for you, then at least, I would wait for feedback from more desparate cases, like real Parkinson's and dementia patients. I really doubt you have much of an alpha synuclein burden, even if you have a poor health history. In your case, the small cardiac risk must be weighed against the very small likely benefit. Yes, we might kill a few of your undetected cancer cells, but that, too, can be hazardous, if we push them to evolve more aggressively in response. Given that we don't want interference with our little experiment here, we at least need to adhere to a certain level of public responsibility, hence my warning.

Hi resveratrol_guy ,

This is for a family member who is 68 and is suffering from the start of age related senility with no noted health problems outside of that,   I'd like to store a gram for low dose experimenting for myself after i see further reports of mid aged subjects and there following lab reports.  I do appreciate the heads up and if /when I give Nilotinib I will do full blood work up pre, during and post to ensure if mistakes are made at least i can inform others.  

BTW R_G  do you have any extra you could sell to me?

Cheers, pm me if so.

#185 resveratrol_guy

• 1,315 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 04:40 PM

This is for a family member who is 68 and is suffering from the start of age related senility with no noted health problems outside of that,   I'd like to store a gram for low dose experimenting for myself after i see further reports of mid aged subjects and there following lab reports.  I do appreciate the heads up and if /when I give Nilotinib I will do full blood work up pre, during and post to ensure if mistakes are made at least i can inform others.  

BTW R_G  do you have any extra you could sell to me?

Cheers, pm me if so.

OK, that sounds more approriate, then. I hope the drug helps, and look forward to your reports, good or bad.

Given your further explanation, I would like to help. Unfortunately, I'm under US jurisdiction, and my sale to you would probably be illegal. Perhaps a group member from another country could assist. How many grams do you want?

#186 roydeman

• 15 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 April 2016 - 05:55 PM

Would this be illegal because it is a person selling to a person?

It is illegal for the lab to be sending it to an address in the US?

#187 resveratrol_guy

• 1,315 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 05:09 AM

Would this be illegal because it is a person selling to a person?

It is illegal for the lab to be sending it to an address in the US?

Well the answer is extremely complicated. But as I see it, I bought it in South Africa, and the lab will never own it, so they cannot possibly sell it to me. Nilotinib is not a controlled substance in the sense of, say, cocaine, so it might not be explicitly illegal to sell. But then again, it's a pharmaceutical, so presumably it's on some lesser federal schedule. I would not recommend selling it, for that reason.

#188 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 April 2016 - 03:22 PM

Progress report:

The Nilotinib is as advertised:

"...I'll get you a formal write-up later today, that's the plan. Briefly, we
did LC-MS with UV detection. The powder has solubility (very low)
consistent with that reported. Elutes out of the column at conditions
consistent with those reported in the literature. Yields ions matching the
expected MW and makes essentially a single peak at both MS and UV traces.
Beyond reasonable doubt, in other words..."

With regards to repackaging:

It will be "...done in a sample prep room...inside a fume hood...We don't do any microbiology work nor do we handle any live microorganisms..."

I am sending a spreadsheet to him with amounts and addresses as we speak.

:)

#189 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 April 2016 - 10:14 AM

Progress report: COA from the lab:

I have received the the COA from the lab.

I am happy to share it with anyone who took part in the buy, so let me know if you want it and I will Email it to you.

#190 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 01:56 PM

This is for a family member who is 68 and is suffering from the start of age related senility with no noted health problems outside of that, I'd like to store a gram for low dose experimenting for myself after i see further reports of mid aged subjects and there following lab reports. I do appreciate the heads up and if /when I give Nilotinib I will do full blood work up pre, during and post to ensure if mistakes are made at least i can inform others.

BTW R_G do you have any extra you could sell to me?

Cheers, pm me if so.

OK, that sounds more approriate, then. I hope the drug helps, and look forward to your reports, good or bad.

Given your further explanation, I would like to help. Unfortunately, I'm under US jurisdiction, and my sale to you would probably be illegal. Perhaps a group member from another country could assist. How many grams do you want?

(Ten grams)

#191 David Watford

• 27 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 April 2016 - 12:50 AM

Hi Logic

Put me down for 200 gm

Let me know when you need the money

D

• like x 1

#192 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 April 2016 - 10:43 AM

Hi Logic

Put me down for 200 gm

Let me know when you need the money

D

Well..! :)  It seems the round 2 of the group buy has just gone above the minimum order of 200 grams if we forgo testing?
As this 210 grams would be from the same batch, I don't feel that further testing is required?

If you, David and Ark, agree;  I can get another package sent as soon as suits you?

I need to do a proper costing, but without testing one can work on $ 8.61/g + $ 70 for shipping to the USA + bank transfer fees of around $ 100 (at a guess) +  splitting the parcel and postage.

If anyone else is interested in round 2 of this group buy; please post here.

• like x 1

#193 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 01:27 AM

Count me in, please!!!

Thanks again!

#194 Ali Ismail

• 8 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 06:41 AM

A patients response to nilotinib

Attached Files

• Informative x 1

#195 ceridwen

• 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 15 April 2016 - 06:47 AM

I didn't get any in the 1st round despite paying for it. Has any gone out yet?
I would be interested though.

#196 glowso

• 6 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 07:07 PM

How did this buy go and are we going to do another buy here? I have a few here that would like to try this.

• Agree x 1

#197 tunt01

• 2,308 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 07:43 PM

Are there any testimonials on this ?  I'm curious.

• Agree x 1

#198 ceridwen

• 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 15 April 2016 - 07:52 PM

I haven't received the stuff yet. Did anyone else?

#199 tunt01

• 2,308 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 04:24 AM

My lab might be interested.  Why is there a $100 bank transfer fee?

#200 resveratrol_guy

• 1,315 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 02:27 AM

I would recommend either telling the manufacturer "congrats, we don't need to test anymore", then testing anyway to see if they're following a second-move-default strategy; or telling them "we will continue to test constantly" then skipping that and praying that it still comes out clean. In any event, you need to be wily, because if they're halfway smart, they're reading this thread.

Thanks, Logic, for the updates and due diligence in getting our local experts to inspect the test lab's COA.

ceridwen, the lab hasn't sent it out yet. It should probably do so this week.

#201 LongLife

• 145 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 02:49 AM

My lab might be interested.  Why is there a $100 bank transfer fee?

He is referring to the fees and costs to wire money from his location to the provider. They do not accept Bitcoin, PayPal or any form of payment outside of a bank deposit. In this case it means wire transfer the money AND filing government forms for the money movement, going to the bank and filling the documents, provide two forms of ID, etc. That costs $100.

#202 LongLife

• 145 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 02:53 AM

I would recommend either telling the manufacturer "congrats, we don't need to test anymore", then testing anyway to see if they're following a second-move-default strategy; or telling them "we will continue to test constantly" then skipping that and praying that it still comes out clean. In any event, you need to be wily, because if they're halfway smart, they're reading this thread.

Thanks, Logic, for the updates and due diligence in getting our local experts to inspect the test lab's COA.

The alternative here would be to save a sample and the third order have a small amount mixed with the second sample amount and test that. Repeat the same for every other purchase OR get a kilo next time and have it tested. I think we can get a kilo on the next buy.

• Good Point x 1

#203 David Watford

• 27 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 April 2016 - 04:42 AM

Hi, You can certainly count me in for 200 gm minimum, and even for 300 gm. (I think 300 gm is about 5 year's worth at 150mg/day)

Thanks for the Post Ali.

David

Hi, You can certainly count me in for 200 gm minimum, and even for 300 gm. (I think 300 gm is about 5 year's worth at 150mg/day)

Thanks for the Post Ali.

David

• like x 1

#204 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 April 2016 - 09:34 PM

Thanks for taking over and answering questions Resveratrol Guy and Longlife.

Yes, transferring the money cost way more than expected at just over $200 besides the runaround to the 'Dept of Trade and Inefficiency'!

Yes the Nilotinib is still at the testing lab

The Dr at the testing lab is a man of few words unless 'getting technical' and a busy man.
It would seem that he just never got around to posting the Nilotinib.  I suppose that the drudgery of doing posting is not high on his 'to do' list sadly.

We resolved a concern regarding the international packages and I asked if there had been any progress once every second day or so.

I didn't see any point in harassing him with multiple Emails as he is doing us a favour and has asked me to donate the fee to a charity of his choice.

(I suggested The Major Mouse Testing Project: http://majormouse.org/
and DRACO: https://www.indiegog...t-all-viruses#/

He replied on Friday saying that he would post it off early next week and there were some jokes about his testing a "snow-white fluffy powder!"   :|?  :)

"(a sign of purity, as opposed to something off-yellow and caked)"

I dont like to post 'no progress' reports...  ' but what can you do..?'

'In other news!' 
I sent the lab report to both Niner and K Moody, of Ichor Therapeutics, for their opinion:

http://ichortherapeutics.com/

David Watford has kindly provided a redacted copy of the lab report:
https://drive.google...TlVOGo0ZkNJTWVr

Niner:

That looks like a good result.  I'd call it a smashing success.  Good job on your part.  I don't think that residual solvent is needed, given the clean chromatograms and apparent high purity.  I'd just go with it like this.    The human nose is actually a very sensitive detector of most solvents, FWIW.    I'm looking forward to hearing how this works in patients.

Kelsey:
Looks like he did a good job for you....You could test residual solvents if you wanted, but it probably is not necessary. I would wager that the company you bought your compound from gave you exactly what they described. If you don't have reason for further concern, I would take them at their word.

Dr. Gapeev:
Briefly, we did LC-MS with UV detection. The powder has solubility (very low)
consistent with that reported. Elutes out of the column at conditions
consistent with those reported in the literature. Yields ions matching the
expected MW and makes essentially a single peak at both MS and UV traces.
Beyond reasonable doubt, in other words.

#205 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 April 2016 - 09:39 PM

You have a good point RG.
I don't know where I stand on this as I am almost certain we will receive the exact same thing from the exact same batch.
Also the supplier is keen to do other business and is happy to hear that there may be such.

I would say that it is up to those that buy into round 2 and look forward to everyone's opinion.

• Agree x 1

#206 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 April 2016 - 10:01 PM

Thanks for the Post Ali.
David

Thank you David.
So what will it be? 200 or 300!?   :)

I am also not sure where you, Ark and everyone stand on the testing of this order?

Edited by Logic, 17 April 2016 - 10:04 PM.

#207 David Watford

• 27 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 April 2016 - 05:46 AM

300 gm

• Well Written x 1

#208 Logjam

• 55 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 April 2016 - 03:59 AM

What is the supposed mechanism of action for Nilotinib?  It seems to have wide applicability for amyloids by revving up lysosomes.  Does anyone really know, or is it just one of those "we think it works by X" things?

For example, what about amylin oligamers in the pancreas or amyloidosis of the heart?  These are all protein misfolding disorders and all connected somehow.

May be interested in run #2 if it's too late.  Oh what the hell, 25-50g if it happens.

The team also monitored the tau, amyloid beta, and alpha-synuclein proteins that accumulate as part of Parkinson’s disease, and found that the levels of these proteins either stabilised or fell in all participants. At the same time, dopamine levels increased. Those taking the highest dose of the drug showed the biggest changes.

Hm.  So dose dependent effects on various amyloids. 

Edited by Logjam, 19 April 2016 - 04:20 AM.

• Informative x 1

#209 resveratrol_guy

• 1,315 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 04:35 AM

What is the supposed mechanism of action for Nilotinib?  It seems to have wide applicability for amyloids by revving up lysosomes.  Does anyone really know, or is it just one of those "we think it works by X" things?

For example, what about amylin oligamers in the pancreas or amyloidosis of the heart?  These are all protein misfolding disorders and all connected somehow.

May be interested in run #2 if it's too late.  Oh what the hell, 25-50g if it happens.

The team also monitored the tau, amyloid beta, and alpha-synuclein proteins that accumulate as part of Parkinson’s disease, and found that the levels of these proteins either stabilised or fell in all participants. At the same time, dopamine levels increased. Those taking the highest dose of the drug showed the biggest changes.

Hm.  So dose dependent effects on various amyloids. 

Apparently, the mechanism of action is precisely known in a particular form of leukemia, and appears to have been simulated in silico. But it's entirely possible that the antiplaque ramifications are purely empirical with no such identified mechanism.

I would be more than thrilled to see this work against alpha-synuclein alone. It's hard to imagine anything disaggregating phosphotau on a clinically useful scale, particularly because its various oligomers have such high molecular weights and are therefore not easily excreted across the BBB. Still, the possibility remains because these great successes were occurring in a Phase 1 safety trial as opposed to a dose escalation study.

• Agree x 2
  • Good Point x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#210 LongLife

• 145 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 07:34 AM

Thanks for the Post Ali.
David

Thank you David.
So what will it be? 200 or 300!?   :)

I am also not sure where you, Ark and everyone stand on the testing of this order?

LOGIC; I was ignored on placing my humble opinion the other day. The costs are so high on money transfer and testing; I favor a sample of 500mg be saved from Buy #2. Then from Buy #3, mix 500mg with the same from Buy #2 and have it tested. We would know if one or both were bad, reducing costs. IF this is done, there will still need to be a small cost for each gram bought to set-off the lab testing. It would cut the testing cost in half. 

If we can get a Kilo at a time or more, the supplier cost will go down too, correct? We may get this product for a reasonable price once we get a couple of Kg at a time and every-other test it out. If this N works well, I will be needing some quantity. I am sure some other reader will need a lot more too. 

As mentioned prior, the costs of transfers need to be reduce too. If we could get the supplier to take Bitcoin, that can be escrow very easily and forgo a great deal of transfer costs with everyone. Opinion finished:-)

• Agree x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nilotinib

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)