- - - - -

Raise dopamine levels in the Prefrontal cortex

dopamine

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 happy santa

• 36 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 02:05 AM

Hi :) I wonder if there are any ways to increase dopamine levels in the prefrontal cortex? And not the striatum? I.e via the mesocortical tracts and not mesolimbic tracts. I heard epinephrine increases dopamine levels in the PFC (which it does via the mesocortical tracts), and that is the only simplest way I heard of increasing dopamine in that area. But since I have issues with anxiety and stress, norepinephrine will not help me with this issue, so I was wondering if there are some other possibilities available. I want this because I want to increase my cognition and analytical/logical mind, and not pleasure/motivational mind, per se.

#2 Sleepdealer

• 144 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 February 2016 - 02:29 AM

I was going to say that Ginkgo Biloba increases dopaminergic levels in the medial prefrontal cortex and no the striatum, but I'm not super sure how much it would improve your analytical thinking. How about Forskolin? It increases cAMP, which is responsible for signalling between cells in the brain. Don't know if it affects your dopamine specifically, but still related and could perhaps be useful for you. Also, have you looked into some of the racetams?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 happy santa

• Topic Starter
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 02:45 AM

Just found an interesting read on cAMPs role on the prefrontal cortex : http://www.scienceda...70420143324.htm
Again targeting norepinephrine is mentioned as a solution

Edited by happy santa, 02 February 2016 - 02:51 AM.

#4 Sleepdealer

• 144 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 February 2016 - 11:19 AM

Oh, so cAMP is actually a bad thing? I thought increased extracellular communication was positive. Maybe I haven't understood those mechanisms. Anyway. So boosting norepinephrine might be a good shot for you? Here seems to be a good one, if you can get access to it: http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/12431845

It boosts both NE and DA in the prefrontal cortex but not in the striatum or nucleus accumbens.

#5 happy santa

• Topic Starter
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 03:19 PM

I specifically mentioned in my question that I wouldn't prefer norepinephrine as an alternative though. Thanks anyway

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#6 ectoplasm

• 7 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 February 2016 - 09:03 PM

• CDP choline will indirectly increase dopamine activity
  • Selegeline/Rasagiline
  • Nicotine
  • Modafinil

Dopamine topic on examine.com: https://examine.com/topics/Dopamine/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dopamine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users