• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Relationship Between Piracetam and Phenylpiracetam (Tolerance)

piracetam phenylpiracetam cross-tolerance

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TheVindicatedOsiris

• 2 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 February 2016 - 03:38 AM

Hello,

Does repeated use of piracetam result in diminished effects, or tolerance, of phenylpiracetam ? 

I have found that repeated use of phenylpiracetam results in diminished stimulant and other effects . If I use piracetam for two weeks daily , then use phenylpiracetam , will it's stimulant etc. effects be diminished ?

Thanks 

#2 Wingless

• 107 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 04:38 AM

I don't think so. Piracetam seems to effect AMPA receptors and (possibly) acetylcholine. There is also strong reason to believe increases adrenaline, there's a fantastic post here about it:

http://www.longecity...non-responders/

Phenylpiracetam....that seems to affect nACh, NMDA, and d1/d2/d3 dopamine receptors.

We studied the effects of administration of the new nootropic drug phenotropil (N-carbamoylmethyl-4-phenyl-2-pyrrolidone) at a dose of 100 mg/kg on the quantitative characteristics of dopamine (DA), serotonin (5-HT), glutamate (NMDA), GABA-A (BDZ), and acetylcholine (nACh) receptors in rats using the conditioned passive avoidance task (PAT) under normal conditions and during scopolamine-induced amnesia ex vivo. We found that the cholinolytic drug scopolamine induced a substantial increase in the density (B max) of n-choline receptors in the cortex (by 99% as compared to the control) and NMDA receptors in the hippocampus (by 93%). A single administration of phenotropil (100mg/kg, intraperitoneally) abolished the effect of scopolamine and decreased the number of nACh and NMDA receptors by 46% and 14%, respectively. Phenotropil also abolished the effect of scopolamine on the benzodiazepine receptors and dopamine D1 receptors. Scopolamine decreased the density of D1 receptors by 20% and BDZ receptors by 17%, whereas phenotropil increased the density of receptors by 16% and 25%, respectively. Phenotropil considerably increased the density of dopamine D2 and D3 receptors by 29% and 62%, respectively. Scopolamine also increased the density of D3 receptors by 44% as compared to the control. We did not find any changes in the binding characteristics of 5-HT2 receptors during scopolamine-induced amnesia or during phenotropil treatment. These results demonstrate the role of these receptors in the development of scopolamine-induced amnesia and in neurochemical mechanisms of the anti-amnestic effects of phenotropil.

→ source (external link)

While both Piracetam and Phenylpiracetam may indirectly alter glutamate receptors, I don't think they have a lot in common. From my own experience, the difference between them is night and day.

Edited by Wingless, 03 February 2016 - 04:39 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 stunnershow

• 9 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 06:07 AM

Hello,

Does repeated use of piracetam result in diminished effects, or tolerance, of phenylpiracetam ?

I have found that repeated use of phenylpiracetam results in diminished stimulant and other effects . If I use piracetam for two weeks daily , then use phenylpiracetam , will it's stimulant etc. effects be diminished ?

Thanks

Good question.
I have been wondering something similar myself. I take modafinil / Noopept / unifiram sporadically during the week. But in between testing and mixing my current *excellent * stack.
I tried pramiracetam and phenylpiracetam both did nothing for me. I gave some to my wife to compare. As she was new to nootropics. And she had similar negligible results. Only phenylpiracetam worked a little for her the first 2 days.
I believe it's because unifiram and noopept are supposed to be 1000x stronger or traditional racetam don't work on me. I guess. Just my experience

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: piracetam, phenylpiracetam, cross-tolerance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users