• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Relationship between Acetycholine and Norepinephrine?

acetylcholine norepinephrine

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Math Help

• 3 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:20 PM

I can't seem to find a definitive "yes they're inversely related" or "yes they're directly related", so I wanted to see if someone could shed some light on the relationship between the amount of ACh and NE in the brain. Thank you!

#2 Valor5

• 289 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 11:18 AM

I think the drug strattera raises both but some of the tricyclics shut down one if I remember correctly.

Edited by Valor5, 05 May 2017 - 11:23 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 PeaceAndProsperity

• 1,194 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 02:47 PM

It seems it's more complex than the relationship between prolactin and dopamine where raising the one necessarily lowers the other to some extent (and in studies they use prolactin as an indicator of pharmacological effects on dopamine).

Serotonin and dopamine are supposedly inversely correlated or opposing but you can take a precursor to the one and it won't do much if anything against the other.

It does seem that there are SOME opposing effects of NE and acetylcholine.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#4 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 May 2017 - 11:00 PM

It seems it's more complex than the relationship between prolactin and dopamine where raising the one necessarily lowers the other to some extent (and in studies they use prolactin as an indicator of pharmacological effects on dopamine).

Serotonin and dopamine are supposedly inversely correlated or opposing but you can take a precursor to the one and it won't do much if anything against the other.

It does seem that there are SOME opposing effects of NE and acetylcholine.

It could also be as simple as the fact that NE is synthesized from DA, and aCh does oppose DA - hence, there is less NE as well.

Norepinephrine, Epinephrine and Acetylcholine - Synthesis, Release and Metabolism

http://www.cvpharmac.../norepinephrine

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: acetylcholine, norepinephrine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users