- - - - -

NADH - mental energy at first but then fatigue

nadh

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 PeaceAndProsperity

• 1,194 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 05:21 PM

20mg. At first an increase in mental energy but a few minutes later it becomes a mild fatigue, exactly like carnitine or nicotinic acid feels like for me.

I thought it might be related to my blood sugar which I know it can be with carnitine and nicotinic acid so I ate a large meal, but eating doesn't change it for me.

I also noticed pain in my right arm that persists even hours later. The pain feels like growing pain though it is very mild.

Ironic for a supplement that's supposed to combat pain and fatigue.

I will update in the following days as to what I feel. I only have 10 tablets though so it will be a short review.

Placebo, placebo, placebo. Everything is placebo! No, it isn't placebo, stop repeating that silly mantra.

• Informative x 2
  • Unfriendly x 1

#2 Oakman

Posted 26 June 2017 - 08:01 PM

I've been experimenting with taking NR and NADH near the same time in the morning. It would seem that this would be the ideal combo to maintain balance of the NAD+/NADH ratio, while increasing available NAD+ and ATP in the body. Basically, everything you need to get an energy boost.

I typically take 10mg sublingual NADH before going to the gym in the morning.  The oral version didn't sound as appealing, more adverse effects, and dubious route with digestion.  Also this is after having taken 250mg NR at dinner and at breakfast (my NR regimen). Results are...So far so good, no adverse reactions, energy is good, but I can't really say for sure there is an effect beyond placebo. And I take a lot of supplements besides this in the AM. 

But - I definitely have no fatigue or muscle pains. Maybe 20mg NADH is too much (for you)? Maybe you need to take NR with it? Or other supps?

here > "NADH, through a series of reactions with acetyl and oxygen, is able to produce energy. This energy is in the form of ATP (adenosine triphosphate). Therefore, a good supply optimizes energy production in the body. Another function is its ability to help transform an amino acid called tyrosine into the important brain chemical dopamine. Dopamine is involved in mood, energy, sexual drive, concentration, memory and muscle movement."

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 PeaceAndProsperity

• Topic Starter
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 08:54 PM

Mine are sublingual as well and they come in special packaging. I got the side effects at 10mg and increasing to 20mg did nothing good.

People say it's like taking amphetamine but I cannot relate to that.

#4 Oakman

Posted 26 June 2017 - 09:25 PM

Mine aresublingual as well and they come in special packaging. I got the side effects at 10mg and increasing to 20mg did nothing good.

People say it's like taking amphetamine but I cannot relate to that.

I haven't tried 20mg. I'm not taking this combo regularly, just every now and then for a few days to experiment. Maybe constant use is a problem? Anyone else tried this?

#5 Invicta Immortalem

• 18 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 05:29 PM

Hi,

I take Niacel 2 x 125mg and NADH 2 x 12,5mg (sublingual), but among many others supplements.

As other users are previously said, initially those gave me a burst of energy, but now, after 3 weeks, everything came to the flat line.

I can say that the reactions are variable, sometimes even got me deep sleep states and a general strong need for sleeping.

Other supplements associated: ubiquinol, pqq, mito-q (2x/day), pterostilbene, shilajit, panax ginseng, cordyceps sinensis, krill oil, alpa-gpc & ps.

Most of them are supposed to boost the energy at both phisical and mental level and they actually work, but not at a constant rate.

The chemical interactions between them are producing a much complicate puzzle.

In fact I don't know if the fact that I can feel something really matters. I think it's better to monitor a sum of biological constants, in time, to watch if something good is happening.

Edited by Invicta Immortalem, 06 August 2017 - 05:31 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#6 Invicta Immortalem

• 18 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 08:19 AM

Anyone can confirm any effects of NR, according to this article?

https://jissn.biomed...2970-016-0143-x

• Informative x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nadh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users