• Admin, Advisor, Director
  • 9,150 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 06:24 PM

AGEMETER: PHYSIOLOGICAL BIOMARKERS TO DETERMINE FUNCTIONAL AGE

Answering The Need for Improved Functional Age Testing

AgeMeterLC.PNG

click here for further info and to donate: 

--> https://www.lifespan...biomarker-scan/

The fundraiser is hosted and co-ordinated by lifespan.io.

Lead researcher: Elliott Small

LongeCity has reviewed the project under the Community Fundraiser Programme, and endorses it as a reputable initiative in line with its mission.

LCCert0.PNG

We have begun a ⇒ members consultation regarding ways that we can support this project further.   

• like x 3

#2 Droplet

• Life Member, Advisor Honorary Advisor
  • 6,772 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 01:24 PM

Anything aiming to understand and help eradicate ageing is a good thing! :-D So happy to see more and more projects and research  springing up and giving a bit of hope.

• like x 1

#3 Galaxyvoyager128

• 3 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 01:23 AM

I highly suggest sharing this with whoever you can whenever you can.  This project will allow accurate measurements of biological aging to increase efficiency and development of emerging therapies.  I am so glad you shared this here. I am good friends with some of the people at Lifespan.io.  

• Cheerful x 1

#4 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:12 AM

This will provide a means to test life-extension interventions without waiting for the final endpoint.  I've contributed to the campaign.

There will be an on-line version of the tests, perhaps not so complete as the age-meter device, but still useful.  For a $100 contribution, one will get early access to the on-line version.  See if your resveratrol/methylene blue/rapamycin etc. is having an impact.  ;)

• Cheerful x 1

#5 chris85

• 34 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 11:14 AM

This is an interesting idea, thanks for sharing.

#6 Droplet

• 6,772 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 05:34 PM

Come on, they are over half way towards their goal and have just 17 days to go. Please give what you can. If we all donated just a few dollars, we would smash that goal easily! :-D

#7 Galaxyvoyager128

• 3 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 03:28 AM

Come on, they are over half way towards their goal and have just 17 days to go. Please give what you can. If we all donated just a few dollars, we would smash that goal easily! :-D

Be sure to share it with your friends and spread the word.  

• Agree x 2

#8 Droplet

• 6,772 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 07:53 AM

Be sure to share it with your friends and spread the word.  

Yes! Make sure that everyone knows about this - let's try to drive ageing research forward and spare millions from a painful death and a life of suffering. Together we can beat this disease! :-D

#9 caliban

• Topic Starter
  • 9,150 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:04 PM

The current AGEMETER crowdfunding campaign highlights the need for tools to measure biological age quickly and reliably. 
In this, LongeCity is seeking to support the campaign as well as the LongeCity Affiliate Labs, a network of young researchers trailblazing life extension science. 

The plan is to raise funds collectively as LongeCity to make an institutional pledge of $6,889 and procure a research version of the AgeMeter Biomarker device that can be shared between the LongeCity Affiliate labs for maximum benefit. 

Two Affiliates have already expressed an interest in using the tool: 

Kevin Perrott, Buck Institute, California USA 

OpenCures is a brand-new non-profit I just incorporated and am applying for 501c3. Its purpose is to provide those interested in self-directed research guidance and a way to aggregate the results of their research with others so they can get better insights into the effectiveness of things they try. I want to be in the middle of the self-experimentation that people will be performing and helping them along. Use of AgeMeter would be helpful alongside some of the other approaches I'm using to determine whether an approach has functionally had an effect.

Dr. Alexandra Stolzing, Loughborough University, United Kingdom 

Even in cells, where most of my scientific work begins, measuring aging is already a challenge. I am actively investigating new biomarkers to determine the aging status of cells and tissues. I have set my sights on non-invasive age measurements in humans as well and have been investigating measuring tissue accumulation of Advanced Glycation Endproducts (AGEs) by means of skin autofluorescence. Use of the AgeMeter tool might be a valuable addition to this research programme. 

To contribute, please make a donation to LongeCity here. The donations will be pooled, matched and used to make the $6,889 pledge if possible. If we don’t raise the funds, the collection will be used exclusively for support of life-extension research by the affiliate labs. Please note that by contributing to this joint effort you are NOT eligible for the individuals perks offered in the context of the AGEMETER crowdfunding campaign.
  • like x 2

#10 Droplet

• 6,772 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 10:10 AM

Just a few days to go for this campaign. If you are reading this post, please give what you can no matter however small. Together we can drive rejuvenation medicine forward and speed up the day where getting old will no longer mean getting sick. If you too would like to live to see this glorious revolution, please donate to this fundraiser. Thank you. :)

• Cheerful x 1

#11 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,981 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 05:23 PM

I donated too!

• like x 1

#12 Droplet

• 6,772 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 07:49 AM

Just two days left to go. Please, if you want to do something small that will make a big impact on the fight against misery, suffering and involuntary death, donate just a single dollar, pound, Euro...or even your currency's equivalent of a few pence. Alone it may look like nothing but together, many droplets of rain can turn into a huge deluge to wash away the biggest barrier to us achieving everything that we could ever desire and more. Who wouldn't want to take away the limits imposed on them against their will? :)

Please PLEASE support this campaign! Thank you. :)

#13 caliban

• Topic Starter
  • 9,150 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 01:03 PM

Also remember that if you donate via LongeCity your donation will be used 100% (minus paypal fees) for life extension research by trusted community scientists, even if we don't hit the goal of getting an AgeMeter!  

• like x 1

#14 Droplet

• 6,772 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 08:04 AM

Today is the final day of this fundraiser. Please give what you can - any project that is going to help save lives and reduce suffering is worth supporting. :)

Edited by Droplet, 31 August 2017 - 08:05 AM.

#15 LifespanKeith

• 26 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 04:58 AM

Hi All,

Thank you very much for the support here thus far!  

I wanted to let you know that we are going to be doing a 2 week extension for the AgeMeter campaign, which now stands at over 20k funded. We'll be sending out an email blast in the morning letting everyone know, and in that email we will also mention this matching fundraiser here and try to direct some traffic to this page.

Thanks again everyone!

Edited by LifespanKeith, 01 September 2017 - 04:59 AM.

• like x 2
  • Cheerful x 1

#16 Droplet

• 6,772 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 08:15 AM

Hi All,

Thank you very much for the support here thus far!  

I wanted to let you know that we are going to be doing a 2 week extension for the AgeMeter campaign, which now stands at over 20k funded. We'll be sending out an email blast in the morning letting everyone know, and in that email we will also mention this matching fundraiser here and try to direct some traffic to this page.

Thanks again everyone!

Great news and I'm happy to hear about the 2 week extension. Hopefully, that is all that we need to get the full amount. I have been watching the fund raiser daily and hope that it will keep on growing. :)

• Cheerful x 1
  • Agree x 1

#17 Droplet

• 6,772 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 07:58 AM

Just four days to go...come on people, the smallest amount means that you are helping to save lives! the target has yet to be reached but YOU have the power to make it happen! :-D

#18 caliban

• Topic Starter
  • 9,150 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 11:07 AM

two LongeCity podcast interviews for extra information: 

- Elliott Small, the inventor

- Kevin Perrot, one of the Longecity affiliate researchers 

#19 LifespanKeith

• 26 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 05:39 PM

Hi All,

Thanks for the support on this!  

It occurs to me that if we can fulfill this LongeCity match that will essentially win the campaign as well as get the AgeMeter in the hands of the affiliate labs...so let's do it!

It's really not that far: are there 4 heroes among you that could each put in $800?

I will even get in the trenches myself and provide $800 if some valiant longevity warriors can help me strike the victory blow.

Any brave souls want to join me in making a difference?

Edited by LifespanKeith, 11 September 2017 - 05:39 PM.

• like x 1

#20 Droplet

• 6,772 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 07:55 AM

Hi All,

Thanks for the support on this!  

It occurs to me that if we can fulfill this LongeCity match that will essentially win the campaign as well as get the AgeMeter in the hands of the affiliate labs...so let's do it!

It's really not that far: are there 4 heroes among you that could each put in $800?

I will even get in the trenches myself and provide $800 if some valiant longevity warriors can help me strike the victory blow.

Any brave souls want to join me in making a difference?

Would be great if anyone reading had that sort of money and could give it to the cause.  For those like myself who haven't got that sort of money, if everyone reading this thread gave what they could, I'm pretty certain that we could do this. :)

#21 LifespanKeith

• 26 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 12:12 AM

Good news; I have confirmation from a friend of our community that they will put also put $800 towards fulfilling the match here along with myself.

This means if two brave souls will do the same, we can win this and put the AgeMeter into the hands of LongeCity's affiliate labs. 

Can anyone join the fight with us?

• like x 2
  • Cheerful x 1

#22 LifespanKeith

• 26 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 06:12 PM

Excellent push today everyone; thank you for this support!

There is some more assistance on the way as well, so together we can win this.

Thanks,

Keith

• like x 2
  • Cheerful x 1

#23 Steve H

• 127 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:27 PM

Thanks to everyone who has donated

• like x 1

#24 Droplet

• 6,772 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:35 AM

Today is the last day of this very important fundraiser that will help to accomplish so much in the fight against the biggest killer on the planet. Please dig deep and help us to defeat ageing once and for all. Every penny counts! :)

• Agree x 1

#25 LifespanKeith

• 26 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 10:46 PM

We did it!

A huge thank you to everyone who contributed, including a heroic friend who came through big and wishes to remain anonymous. 

We're very excited to see this project move forward and to get an AgeMeter in the hands of the affiliate labs.  

Thank you all again!

• Cheerful x 2
  • Agree x 2

#26 Droplet

• 6,772 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 08:00 AM

We did it!

A huge thank you to everyone who contributed, including a heroic friend who came through big and wishes to remain anonymous. 

We're very excited to see this project move forward and to get an AgeMeter in the hands of the affiliate labs.  

Thank you all again!

A hero indeed and to whom we are all grateful! :-D There are just a few hours to go so if you are reading this and can spare just a small amount, Lifespan.io would be very grateful. They have reached the main target but more funding means that more can be achieved. I'm so happy to log in and see the target reached this morning. :) Time is precious, as everyone in the fight against ageing is only too aware.

Edited by Droplet, 15 September 2017 - 08:00 AM.

• Cheerful x 1
  • Agree x 1

#27 Steve H

• 127 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 September 2017 - 01:00 PM

Thanks to everyone who has helped and great to see the affiliate lab program will get a device to start using in aging research. Great to see that Kevin and Alexandra will be using it for their research via the affiliate program. 

Edited by Steve H, 15 September 2017 - 01:01 PM.

• Cheerful x 1
  • like x 1

#28 kevin

• Member, Guardian
  • 2,779 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 10:44 PM

Hi.. Just to let everyone know that I have received the AgeMeter.   It's been quite a while in the making but I couldn't be more pleased to be able to put it to good use.  I am working with a holistic clinic who is interested in using it to help their clients and they are going to help me gather blood samples which I will be able to analyze to possibly match any changes in function with changes in their metabolome.   Thanks to everyone who persisted in making this happen.  I look forward to sharing any progress and results as might be had!

• like x 2
  • Cheerful x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fundraiser, lifespan.io

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users