• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Do you think we're at the stage where rapamycin with a small once a week dose might help?

rapamycin

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 RichardAlan

• 75 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 December 2018 - 11:54 AM

If so, what gains could you expect and do we already have people here on the forum that are using it?

#2 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,981 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 12:51 PM

I thinks "gains" is the wrong terminology. Rapamycin slows aging. I am unaware of much in the way of rejuvenation effects.

• Cheerful x 1
  • Agree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 smithx

• 1,433 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 07:00 AM

It depends on what condition you're in. Some quotes from Dr. Green:

http://roguehealthan...an-s-green-m-d/

My point was I had been in good shape with jogging and tennis so when I started going down hill it was very apparent. At about age 67 I stopped playing tennis due to slowness and fatigue. I tried to control increasing size of waist line with diet but without much success. However, I viewed all changes as normal aging which was the traditional medical view. It wasn’t until age 72 when I developed angina and SOB walking up small hills in the park with my 2 Shiba innu dogs, that I finally concluded that I had a progressive fatal disease and that disease was aging.

After 4 months of the rapamycin based treatment, my body had undergone what I considered a miraculous change and I felt cured. Being cured was what resonated with me. Today I went for a 40 mile bike ride with a stiff headwind. I felt perfectly fine and when came home I took my dogs for walk in the park and those small hills which once caused angina now seemed like nothing more than Gopher mounds. So it is not the Blagosklonny theory which impressed me; but rather the results.

• Good Point x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 chipw

• Registrant
  • 18 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 December 2018 - 05:55 PM

Im 49, male, APOE3/4.  I took Rapamycin at 3mg once weekly last year and am currently taking 3-6mg once weekly for another 4 months.  I just reordered some more from India and plan to run it year round once weekly unless something changes my mind.  

I also eat a Mediterranean like diet minus grains.  I also take a lot of supplements including niagen at 250-500mg daily. 

While taking Rapamycin i notice a decrease in joint and muscle pain. i lost about 20 pounds the first 4 months although it could have been the diet change. i kept the weight off when i stopped rapamycin.  I feel better then i have in years.  i cant say for sure its from the rapamycin but i believe it is a big part of it.  i have noticed no negatives from weekly rapamycin.  i plan to keep taking it to hopefully head off any late onset dementia.    

• Agree x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rapamycin

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users