• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * - 9 votes

Stem cell self-renewal with C60

c60 stem cells mitochondria fusion stearic acid aging hydroxytyrosol olive oil mct oil proliferation

• Please log in to reply
2503 replies to this topic

#841 Graviton

• 150 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 03:54 AM

For me, mito fusion increases BP while mito fission drops it. Most research papers say the opposite, however, at least for PAH --

What is your ratio of GMS to water? In other words, how much water do you use to dissolve GMS powder?

#842 hsibai

• 44 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 February 2019 - 08:56 AM

For me, mito fusion increases BP while mito fission drops it. Most research papers say the opposite, however, at least for PAH --

Exactly the same for me. Hope future updates to the mito fusion portion can add something to help keep BP under control. Vasodilators perhaps?

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for C60 HEALTH to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above).

#843 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 February 2019 - 11:26 AM

Exactly the same for me. Hope future updates to the mito fusion portion can add something to help keep BP under control. Vasodilators perhaps?

I've used 2-4 grams of taurine + 2-400 mg of oleuropein to decrease BP. Taurine is known to improve the proliferation of neural stem cells, and I use both oleuropein and taurine in my Alzheimer's protocol, so they are good supplements all around.

Edited by Turnbuckle, 09 February 2019 - 11:45 AM.

• Needs references x 1

#844 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 February 2019 - 11:41 AM

What is your ratio of GMS to water? In other words, how much water do you use to dissolve GMS powder?

Five grams of glyceryl monostearate readily disperses in hot water and will stay dispersed if there is something else to latch onto. I've tried this in hot chocolate with threonine and a like amount of lecithin, and I've also tried it in coffee with cream and nothing else, and both appear to work equally well. 

If you experience a BP rise with stearic acid triglyceride, this will be far more rapid and likely higher. On an empty stomach, five to fifteen minutes. So you might want to first experiment with a low dose.

• Off-Topic x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#845 Graviton

• 150 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 05:12 PM

Five grams of glyceryl monostearate readily disperses in hot water and will stay dispersed if there is something else to latch onto. I've tried this in hot chocolate with threonine and a like amount of lecithin, and I've also tried it in coffee with cream and nothing else, and both appear to work equally well. 

If you experience a BP rise with stearic acid triglyceride, this will be far more rapid and likely higher. On an empty stomach, five to fifteen minutes. So you might want to first experiment with a low dose.

Probably 2~3grams of glyceryl monostearate with some meals might have some slow releasing effect.

It seems that GMS is not that soluble in water. How well does GMS dissolve in the room temperature water with or without 1g~2g of lecithin?

I am not sure about its chemical structure, but some people seem to mix GMS with room temperature water.

Will it affect the bioavailability of stearic acid from GMS in GI track if one doesn't use lecithin?

#846 hsibai

• 44 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 February 2019 - 02:20 PM

I've used 2-4 grams of taurine + 2-400 mg of oleuropein to decrease BP. Taurine is known to improve the proliferation of neural stem cells, and I use both oleuropein and taurine in my Alzheimer's protocol, so they are good supplements all around.

Thanks for this tip Turnbuckle! I have tried this today with the combined SC self renewal and Fusion protocol and the BP is almost normal and certainly much better than before.

#847 lost69

• 285 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 03:28 PM

turnbuckle

today i checked my thyroid, i have subclinical ipothyroidism non autoimmune due to peginterferon alpha use in 2014, not sure if results due to infrared lights but unlikly because tsh worsened when i used it.i dont use eutirox because it made me iperthyroid symptoms (sweat, plapitations, high blood pressure and so on) and always had ft3/ft4 in norm range or almost normal while tsh 7-10

today tsh 5 (norm 0.250-5), ft3 2.1 (1.88-4.13) ft4 0.63 (0.65-1.60).also p reactive protein 0.4 is lower (last time i checked it in 2017 it was 3,3).i also have high norm emoglobin 14.9 (always had it very low norm in my life) and ferritin normal (always had it abnormally very very low all my life).the only unusual is platelets 150 (norm 140-400) my usual values for platelets are 170-185

also blood pressure is now constantly around 70-75/105-115 since i included fisetin and tocotrienols.previously i only had it like this for few days after senolytics

Edited by lost69, 12 February 2019 - 03:32 PM.

• Good Point x 1
  • Informative x 1

#848 Guest_Funiture2_*

• Lurker

Posted 19 February 2019 - 08:33 PM

2 questions:

As I understand it, PQQ promotes mitochondrial biogenesis (and BCAA's & Quercetin). But biogenesis is not the same as fission.

Is PQQ known to promote either fission or fusion?

and

Can biogenesis occur during both fission and fusion states?

Any help is appreciated

#849 mkutsen

• 10 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 03:47 AM

I noted physical changes as well, with my shoe size increasing from 9.5 to 10.5 over those years and my height increasing by one inch.

How long did it take you to grow an inch?

Also, just curious how many people in this thread have tried the protocol and how many developed tinnitus and/or vertigo?

#850 QuestforLife

• NO

Posted 21 February 2019 - 09:11 AM

How long did it take you to grow an inch?

Also, just curious how many people in this thread have tried the protocol and how many developed tinnitus and/or vertigo?

I haven't grown. :sad: 

I haven't developed tinnitus or vertigo. :) 

I am 40 years old.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • Informative x 1
  • like x 1

#851 bladedmind

• 286 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 February 2019 - 09:14 PM

Would it make any sense to integrate one or a few hyperbaric oxygen treatments with this stem cell protocol? If so:  before, during, after; once, a few, many times?  Many thanks.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/16299259

Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2006 Apr;290(4):H1378-86. Epub 2005 Nov 18.

Stem cell mobilization by hyperbaric oxygen.

Thom SR1, Bhopale VM, Velazquez OC, Goldstein LJ, Thom LH, Buerk DG.

We hypothesized that exposure to hyperbaric oxygen (HBO(2)) would mobilize stem/progenitor cells from the bone marrow by a nitric oxide (*NO) -dependent mechanism. The population of CD34(+) cells in the peripheral circulation of humans doubled in response to a single exposure to 2.0 atmospheres absolute (ATA) O(2) for 2 h. Over a course of 20 treatments, circulating CD34(+) cells increased eightfold, although the overall circulating white cell count was not significantly increased. The number of colony-forming cells (CFCs) increased from 16 +/- 2 to 26 +/- 3 CFCs/100,000 monocytes plated. Elevations in CFCs were entirely due to the CD34(+) subpopulation, but increased cell growth only occurred in samples obtained immediately posttreatment. A high proportion of progeny cells express receptors for vascular endothelial growth factor-2 and for stromal-derived growth factor. In mice, HBO(2) increased circulating stem cell factor by 50%, increased the number of circulating cells expressing stem cell antigen-1 and CD34 by 3.4-fold, and doubled the number of CFCs. Bone marrow *NO concentration increased by 1,008 +/- 255 nM in association with HBO(2). Stem cell mobilization did not occur in knockout mice lacking genes for endothelial *NO synthase. Moreover, pretreatment of wild-type mice with a *NO synthase inhibitor prevented the HBO(2)-induced elevation in stem cell factor and circulating stem cells. We conclude that HBO(2) mobilizes stem/progenitor cells by stimulating *NO synthes

#852 jgkyker

• 94 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 11:26 PM

I'm seeing hair growth around the front hair line.

I'm not on the exact protocol here. I am on somewhat of a different protocol, but it is similar. I'm taking C60 and using cocoa butter, among a slew of other things. Also, I have always felt like I am using significantly less cocoa butter than those that are dosing stearic acid. I am also alternating between fission and fusion promotion days, as described in another Turnbuckle thread. I take the C60 and stearic acid on fusion promotion days. I have been on C60 now for about 2 months, and I have been on an alternating fission/fusion cycle for about 1 month, maybe 1.5 months.

I noticed the hair growth a few weeks ago, but I did not really consider it. I will explain why.

I began taking finasteride about 3 years ago for hair loss. After the first year, I noticed hair growth in these same areas. However, it was not significant. It was coming up like strong vellus hair. My terminal hair is dark brown. This "strong vellus" hair was a very, very light shade of brown. These hairs never seemed to grow longer than a  half-inch. This remained unchanged until about 3 weeks ago.

About 3 weeks ago, I noticed this "strong vellus" began to become darker. I did not think much of it. However, now, after taking a very close look, these hairs are growing much longer than usual. I would say some of them are 1.5". I have never seen any of the vellus hair accomplish that length. Further, they are darker. Now, they still are not as dark as my regular terminal hairs. I would say they are 1.5 times darker than they were when I was seeing the "strong vellus" growth via the finasteride.

Now, here is what got me excited and prompted me to post. I am seeing even more hairs spring up. These are further down the hair line, and I have NOT seen that level of growth ever on finasteride alone. They even seem to be creeping toward the center of the hairline, which I never saw on finasteride.

One KEY difference to my protocol is I am taking 12g of collagen peptides every evening (among many other things). I have no idea if that is prompting stronger hair growth, but I know others have made similar claims in Amazon reviews (which, let's face it, mean very little). I will say that I have noticed more gray hairs lately, and I attribute that to stronger hair growth. To explain, more hair may be growing, and since I am in my late 30s, a higher frequency of hair growth could result in me noticing more gray.

I now feel like I have to classify many or most of the the "strong vellus" hairs as "weak terminal" hairs now, from a layman's point of view, mostly due to the length.

NOTE: I am still taking finasteride.

Edited by jgkyker, 06 March 2019 - 11:33 PM.

• like x 2
  • Informative x 1

#853 jgkyker

• 94 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 10:55 PM

I'm going to start this post with my conclusion to help those reading gauge interest:

Reversing aging may require significant sleep intake over long periods of time (months or years), due to the level of repairs that must take place.

From WebMD, on sleep:

When you nod off, it seems like your body powers down for the night. But as you sleep, your body actually repairs and restores itself.

“Think of sleep as the tuneup you need to run smoothly,” says David M. Rapoport, MD. Rapoport is director of the Sleep Medicine Program at NYU Langone Medical Center.

It is well known that the body repairs itself when we sleep. Having heavily analyzed my sleep situation, I need to make an additional remark on my protocol experience. I seem to be sleeping an incredible amount. Does anyone else experience this on this C60 protocol or with the fission/fusion promotion protocol?

I have many thoughts on this, as I have been trying to figure it out for months.

Short Explanation of my Experience:

4 Months Ago: NMN supplementation begins. Sleep occurs a little more on the weekends after heavy exercise throughout the week.

3 Months Ago: Take NR during some cycles and then back to NMN. Significantly more sleep, but I was probably the most active I have been since my teenager years. (This ended in tendon injury.)

2 Months Ago: C60 protocol begins with continued NR and NMN use. Sleep levels off slightly but is still higher than the "4 month ago period."

1.5 to 1 Month Ago: Fission/fusion promotion protocol begins. C60 protocol continues (fusion days only). Sleep volume is EPIC as of late. How in the world am I sleeping 12-15 hours most days of the week?

Possibilities

1. Maybe the body thinks it needs to repair itself and is doing that through more sleep.
    • I do not consume caffeine now, as of about 2 weeks ago.
    • When I did consume caffeine, I was able to avoid the "call to sleep" for several days.
  2. Something is jacking with my body and causing me to sleep more.

Sleep Theory of Aging?

What if a definitive requirement of age reversal is significant sleep, in addition to the supplements we are on? What if caffeine consumption by many of us is preventing the body from signaling the brain to cause drowsiness? What if sleep avoidance in general is preventing the body from significantly repairing itself? What if many of us are not experiencing age reversal because we are fighting a definitive requirement: significant sleep intake?

The first thought that comes to mind is whether sleep was tracked during the C60 mouse study with 2X lifespans. However, this wouldn't necessarily occur because the C60 began in childhood, not middle-age or later.

The Father of Sleep Medicine

Dr. Dement is considered the father of sleep medicine (see Stanford link). I read Dr. Dement's book on sleep (500+ pages) many years ago (the book is likely dated now). One of the most intriguing parts of that book was about a study done in the 1970s on sleep. They put people in bed and made them stay in bed for several days (72 hours, if I remember). They were not allowed to leave the bed. They could sleep as often as they wanted. If I recollect correctly, the first 2 days were almost filled we sleep. These people almost did nothing but sleep. However, after that, they never slept more than 8 hours a day. Dr. Dement used this study in his book to emphasize the idea of sleep debt. His perspective was that you accumulate a "sleep debt" when you do not sleep enough, and this is why the people in the study were able to sleep most of the day in the first 2 days in the study. Yet, after those 2 days, they eliminated their sleep debt and were fully rested. This is how he explained their inability to sleep more than 8 hours.

I figured I was remembering this incorrectly, and consequently, found an article on the American Psychological Association's website where they mention similar studies and Dr. Dement's perspective on sleep debt:

In experiments on sleep debt, researchers pay healthy volunteers to stay in bed for at least 14 hours a day for a week or more. Most people, given this opportunity, sleep about 12 hours a day for several days, sometimes longer — and then they settle into sleeping seven to nine hours per night. As sleep researcher William Dement, PhD, put it, "this means…that millions of us are living a less than optimal life and performing at a less than optimal level, impaired by an amount of sleep debt that we're not even aware we carry."

Conclusion?

I may not be able to reach "sleep debt fulfillment" because the body is in hyper repair mode, due to the stuff I'm taking. This would explain why I'm able to sleep in epic proportions lately. It would probably be good to begin actually tracking the amount of sleep each day to confirm this. My guess is when/if the body fully repairs itself maybe I will go back to sleeping like I did before I began supplementation, but will that take years??? Who knows.

Edited by jgkyker, 07 March 2019 - 11:12 PM.

• Informative x 3

#854 Phoebus

• 851 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 06:36 PM

Turnbuckle, what are your thoughts on this study re: NR and stem cells? 

Article on the study

https://bioengineeri...age-159054.html

abstract 

http://b2find.eudat....09-f6eb5e1dddb3

• like x 2
  • Informative x 1

#855 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 March 2019 - 06:44 PM

Turnbuckle, what are your thoughts on this study re: NR and stem cells? 

Article on the study

https://bioengineeri...age-159054.html

abstract 

http://b2find.eudat....09-f6eb5e1dddb3

I have been doing this recently: N+R an hour before mito fusion + C60 does seem to improve the results.

• Needs references x 1

#856 QuestforLife

• NO

Posted 08 March 2019 - 10:06 PM

I have been doing this recently: N+R an hour before mito fusion + C60 does seem to improve the results.

So you're forcing assymetric followed by symmetric division?

When you say it improves results, what have you noticed?

#857 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 March 2019 - 11:06 PM

So you're forcing assymetric followed by symmetric division?

When you say it improves results, what have you noticed?

It appears that stearic acid overrides the NAD+/ NADH ratio. So I use N+R, then after one hour, glycerol monostearate + the usual antioxidants and threonine, then after another half an hour or so, C60. I hadn't done it enough times, so I hadn't posted it yet.

Edited by Turnbuckle, 08 March 2019 - 11:08 PM.

• Needs references x 1
  • Informative x 1

#858 Kentavr

• 347 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 11:13 AM

Turnbuckle,
Could you describe the condition of your skin now?
Are you less likely to suffer from colds?

#859 William Sterog

• 505 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 March 2019 - 09:34 AM

I have also experienced a crazy need to sleep lately with NT-020, Fisetin and so on.
  • Off-Topic x 1

#860 Andey

• 673 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 10:37 AM

I have also experienced a crazy need to sleep lately with NT-020, Fisetin and so on.

Do you have some device to quantify it? Like some tracker or Oura ring? It would be interesting to know whats got increased: deep, REM, non-REM

• Good Point x 2
  • Off-Topic x 1

#861 jgkyker

• 94 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 12:39 PM

Do you have some device to quantify it? Like some tracker or Oura ring? It would be interesting to know whats got increased: deep, REM, non-REM

I do. The problem is it only tracks night-time sleep, and a significant portion of my sleep has been during the day as well. It is almost like I am moving to a bi-phasic sleep schedule, as my night-time sleep has decreased due to this.

For instance, last night, I slept 5 hours and 38 minutes, deep = 1 h 47 m, light = 3 h 51 m, awake = 10 m. I expect to sleep another 2-5 hours today (going to try and fight it today though), which leads me to my next thought. Before I get to that, though, I will post more stats from my sleep tracking tools.

Last 7 Day Average of sleep = 6h 57m.

Avg. Deep = 2h 14m

Avg. Light = 4h 43m

Avg Awake = 12m

This makes me think that I have balanced something out. However, if I sleep 5 additional hours during the day, well, that is a 12 hour sleep day. I would say the norm is about 2-3 hours though (leaning to 3 hours), which means I am closer to 9-10 hours. So, my assumptions are apparently overblown (no surprise). This is especially more obvious as I dig into previous week's data. One thing to note is that in my college years (late teens/early twenties), I remember generally sleeping about 10 hours.

3/2/19 - 3/8/19:

Avg. Total Sleep = 7h 1m

Avg. Deep = 2h 25m

Avg. Light = 4h 36m

Avg Awake = 7m

2/23/19 - 3/1/19:

Avg. Total Sleep = 7h

Avg. Deep = 2h 8m

Avg. Light = 4h 52m

Avg. Awake = 11m

2/16/19 - 2/22/19:

Avg. Total Sleep = 7h 34m

Avg. Deep = 2h 2m

Avg. Light = 5h 32m

Avg Awake = 7m

I believe I may have figured something out, important for me, anyway. I split my supplements into 2 groups, and I noticed that I became sleepy after taking group 2. As an aside, C60 and cocoa butter are not in that group. To counter the drowsiness, I just moved all of those to the evening meal, and I seem to be less drowsy now. However, it has only been about 2-3 days. Therefore, I need more time to be certain. Eventually, I will split group 2 and try to figure out specifically what is making me drowsy, if anything at all (could have just been a coincidence). Of course, another explanation is I may have *finally* eliminated my sleep debt (if so, thank God!), or this was all subjective (seems to be very possibly the latter after looking at the data). Lastly, I have always questioned the accuracy of my Garmin data. For instance, it indicates I went to bed before a certain hour, which is highly unlikely. Therefore, it appears to have thought that I was sleeping, when I was actually only being sedentary. So, if you factor that in, the data could be largely garbage.

Another thing to mention is that I stopped taking pterostilbene and NR as of 2 days ago for unrelated reasons. I am still taking everything else, in addition to BCAAs and creatine after workouts.

Edited by jgkyker, 15 March 2019 - 12:41 PM.

• Informative x 3
  • Needs references x 1
  • Off-Topic x 1

#862 Fafner55

• 300 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 March 2019 - 08:37 PM

The recent paper
“The NAD-Booster Nicotinamide Riboside Potently Stimulates Hematopoiesis through Increased Mitochondrial Clearance“ (2019) https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/30849366
demonstrates that mitophagy not only keeps stem cells healthy but also modulates their proliferation towards asymmetric division. This outcome ties Turnbuckle's topic "A protocol to upgrade mitochondria" to this stem cell self-renewal topic in numerous ways, particularly if age-related stem cell decline is viewed as equivalent to the proliferative stress described in the paper.

Interesting, there is more going here than just high doses of NR lowering ΔΨm leading to a reduction of mitochondrial mass. Low ΔΨm also leads to asymmetric stem cell division and tends to segregate dysfunctional mitochondria into progenitor or differentiated cells. This result implies that the Turnbuckle stem cell self-renewal protocol should be cycled with a mitophagy protocol; that is, symmetric stem cell division and proliferation to replenish pools should be cycled with asymmetric division and proliferation to keep uncommitted stem cells healthy (ie, having fewer dysfunctional mitochondria) and to regenerate tissues.

In this paper mice were fed 12 mg/day NR for 7 days (Figure 1).
The 10 week old C57BL/6 mice used in the study typically weigh an average ≈ 22 g
giving an NR consumption of ≈ 545 mg/kg/day.
The human equivalent dose is then (545 mg/kg)(3/37) = 44.2 mg/kg

For a 70 kg individual, this comes to 3096 mg/day NR, which is in the middle of my earlier estimation of 2000-3750 mg described in post #59 
My posts #153 and #155 are also relevant.

Another implication drawn from this paper is that a mitophagy protocol should include substances that increase stem cell proliferation (like C60 Ref) to promote segregation of dysfunctional mitochondria into differentiated cells.

Edited by Fafner55, 19 March 2019 - 08:53 PM.

• Informative x 3

#863 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 March 2019 - 09:24 PM

Another implication drawn from this paper is that a mitophagy protocol should include substances that increase stem cell proliferation (like C60 Ref) to promote segregation of dysfunctional mitochondria into differentiated cells.

The goal of this thread is stem cell proliferation, not differentiation. 

• Unfriendly x 1
  • Informative x 1

#864 jgkyker

• 94 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 03:28 AM

I'm seeing hair growth around the front hair line.

Just wanted to note that this hair growth seems to be getting stronger, even still. For me, this is fairly amazing. I would actually judge at least one of the hairs now as a legitimate terminal hair. It seems dark enough. All in all, I'm probably seeing 40-60 hairs beyond the front of my hairline in two patches on the sides of the forehead. Before, maybe it was 30, and they were only strong "vellus" looking hairs (<0.5", probably closer to 0.3"). Many of these are still light-colored, like vellus hair, yet they are growing much longer than usual. However, as I stated, they are growing lower on my forehead and closer to the center of my head.

My biggest question is what is happening underneath the mop of hair on top? My crown has filled in quite a bit over the last year, but I believe that is mostly do to minoxidil use. However, maybe C60 / fusion promotion is doing more than I thought it was... course, it is still early, being only about 2.5 months in, and I have to admit, I miss my C60 dose occasionally. Happens far less often though now.

It takes a bone, what, a couple of months to heal after a break, and a torn ligament potentially 3-6 months? So, clearly, any significant amount of damage done by aging is going to take probably longer than 6 months, in the least, to undo, and likely even much longer. However, there is a guy out there that took C60 and posted video updates over a couple of years. Nothing was mentioned about fusion. He certainly did not significantly make a dent, from what I could tell. Considering that, maybe fusion promotion is the key here for some weird reason.

I wonder what the link is between mitochondrial fusion and stem cell availability (through proliferation etc.). If what I am seeing around my hairline is due to this fusion link, clearly this is where I want to focus any future study.

Edited by jgkyker, 20 March 2019 - 03:30 AM.

• like x 1

#865 Andey

• 673 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 08:02 AM

Thanks. 2.5 hours of deep sleep is impressive! I felt night well spent when I got 1 hour)

#866 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 March 2019 - 12:34 PM

However, there is a guy out there that took C60 and posted video updates over a couple of years. Nothing was mentioned about fusion. He certainly did not significantly make a dent, from what I could tell. Considering that, maybe fusion promotion is the key here for some weird reason.

I experied hair growth without fusion when I first used C60/EVOO, but the gain was eventually lost, as differentiating stem cells this way appears to use them up. C60 with fusion--assuming you still have a few stems cells to work with--should produce more long lasting gains as it increases the SC pool. You can likely get more effect by taking an autophagy enhancer and stem cell modulator such as spermidine (25 mg) and glutathione precursors glycine (several grams) with cysteine or NAC. Other amino acids can have an impact--from a hair loss site.

Spermidine recently became available at Amazon. I suggest making a 10% solution in distilled water. Then using a eyedropper that dispenses 1 gram of the solution in 20 drops, 5 drops will give you 25 mg. I take it in grapefruit juice, along with several grams of glycine.

References:

Spermidine Promotes Human Hair Growth and Is a Novel Modulator of Human Epithelial Stem Cell Functions

These physiologically and clinically relevant data provide the first direct evidence that spermidine is a potent stimulator of human hair growth and a previously unknown modulator of human epithelial stem cell biology.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC3144892/

Spermidine: a physiological autophagy inducer acting as an anti-aging vitamin in humans?

Spermidine induces autophagy through the inhibition of several acetyltransferases. Spermidine induces autophagy by inhibiting the acetyltransferase, one of the main negative regulators of autophagy. Its potency has been recently quantified to be equivalent to that of rapamycin, an FDA-approved immunosuppressant with protective and autophagy-stimulatory properties. 

https://www.tandfonl...27.2018.1530929

A Cross-Sectional Study: Nutritional Polyamines in Frequently Consumed Foods of the Turkish Population

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC5302244/

(In Table 2 they calculate an average spermidine intake of 5mg/day.)

Edited by Turnbuckle, 20 March 2019 - 12:54 PM.

• Informative x 3

#867 jgkyker

• 94 posts

Posted 24 March 2019 - 12:13 AM

I experied hair growth without fusion when I first used C60/EVOO, but the gain was eventually lost, as differentiating stem cells this way appears to use them up.

Turnbuckle, if you have enough time, I am curious about this idea of using up the stem cell pool (especially when we are pushing proliferation). By seeing the gain lost, it can be assumed there were no more stem cells, causing the loss. However, my inclination is you have a deeper understanding of this. Aside from seeing the gain lost, did you read a study (or like) that supported this line of thinking? If so, I would love to read it, if you have it available.

I plan to start going through this thread, in full. So, if it is already buried in here, I should come across it eventually.

#868 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 March 2019 - 01:42 AM

Proliferation is obtained by symmetric division, whereas differentiation is asymmetric. When I began using C60 back in 2012, I didn't appreciate C60's mode of action, that C60 was stimulating stem cells. If you don't take care to proliferate them, however, you can use them up. In fact, that is the normal situation with aging--

Stem cell depletion and senescence in aged tissues

Progressive loss of stem cell functionality caused by the age-related cellular permutations reviewed above typically leads to depletion of the functional stem cell pool in aged animals. Age-dependent reduction in stem cell number or perturbed cell-cycle activity has been reported in skeletal muscle stem cells, neural stem cells and germline stem cells110, 120–122. Depletion of the stem cell pool with age may occur because these cells lose self-renewal activity and terminally differentiate, thereby exiting the stem cell pool, or because they undergo apoptosis or senescence induced by exposure to cellular stress, although it is not exactly clear what mechanisms inform the choice between apoptosis and senescence. Regulation of cell number and cycling activity is different for aging HSCs, which actually show increases in cell number, possibly due to a reduced capacity for asymmetric division123, with no difference in cycling activity124. Yet aged animals still experience a functional depletion of the HSC pool, as aged HSCs show reduced hematopoietic reconstituting activity and skewed differentiation potential such that they overproduce myeloid lineage cells and underproduce lymphoid lineage cells.

There are many causes of aging, but in my view the most central one is the Hayflick crisis that occurs with everyone. Large numbers of somatic cells reach senescence, apoptosis mechanisms get behind, and replacement is limited by depletion of the stem cell pools. So the goal here is to increase both the stem cells pools and apoptosis.

• Informative x 3
  • Ill informed x 1

#869 jabowery

• 181 posts

Posted 24 March 2019 - 04:16 AM

Proliferation is obtained by symmetric division, whereas differentiation is asymmetric. When I began using C60 back in 2012, I didn't appreciate C60's mode of action, that C60 was stimulating stem cells. If you don't take care to proliferate them, however, you can use them up. In fact, that is the normal situation with aging--

There are many causes of aging, but in my view the most central one is the Hayflick crisis that occurs with everyone. Large numbers of somatic cells reach senescence, apoptosis mechanisms get behind, and replacement is limited by depletion of the stem cell pools. So the goal here is to increase both the stem cells pools and apoptosis.

Reading over "Stem cell aging: mechanisms, regulators and therapeutic opportunities" brings to mind Hector Zenil's work on complex systems modeling.  Specifically, there are systematic approaches facilitating rapid convergence toward predictive models opened up by advances in the application of algorithmic information theory based on sparse datasets.

A simple example would be compiling a dataset of longitudinal measures and experimental outcomes, and constructing stock and flow diagrams to represent various models.  Model selection then consists of measuring the degree to which the models losslessly compress the dataset -- including the models themselves as aspects of the respective decompression programs.  I know this seems alien to most scientists but it is entirely justified as a model selection criterion.  If you think the dataset is impoverished in some way, do the appropriate measurements and add the data to the dataset.

Edited by jabowery, 24 March 2019 - 04:18 AM.

• unsure x 1
  • like x 1

#870 granmasutensil

• 56 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 05:37 AM

I experied hair growth without fusion when I first used C60/EVOO, but the gain was eventually lost, as differentiating stem cells this way appears to use them up. C60 with fusion--assuming you still have a few stems cells to work with--should produce more long lasting gains as it increases the SC pool. You can likely get more effect by taking an autophagy enhancer and stem cell modulator such as spermidine (25 mg) and glutathione precursors glycine (several grams) with cysteine or NAC. Other amino acids can have an impact--from a hair loss site.

Spermidine recently became available at Amazon. I suggest making a 10% solution in distilled water. Then using a eyedropper that dispenses 1 gram of the solution in 20 drops, 5 drops will give you 25 mg. I take it in grapefruit juice, along with several grams of glycine.

References:

Hey Turnbuckle I'm the guy who brought up the GMS a few months ago as a source for stearic acid.  I've primarily been following this thread just for anything I can apply to reversing my standard male pattern baldness I have in the temples. I find that really interesting about the autophagy just mentioned. I had something similar to him happen.

I've also been on finesteride for hairloss. Been trying everything under the sun(I mean everything PGE2, PGEF2a, Retinol, Adeosine, Estradiol, Palmitoylethanolamide and much more), but the fact is even though I've been trying all this stuff I've been sticking with everything and only been adding stuff in for the last year.

So the point I'm commenting, only right when I tried using apigenin and berberine topically along with sodium valproate about 60-70% of my temples and hairline have filled in densely with light blonde vellus hairs, this was extremely fast response after only 3-4 weeks being noticeable. So maybe autophagy plays a huge part. This is last nov but since then doesn't seem like they've gone terminal. Perhaps spermidine is the extra kick they need to go terminal.

As far as I know usually with increasing glutathione production you need to supplement daily for a month or two. So do you suggest the glycine+NAC daily? Maybe do the spermidine also daily? And just keep to standard C60/Fusion schedule?

Fyi thanks for being so active and accessible in your threads Turnbuckle.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: c60, stem cells, mitochondria, fusion, stearic acid, aging, hydroxytyrosol, olive oil, mct oil, proliferation

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users