rage dyscontrol, origin and question on drug therapy

rage aggression bipolar brain damage

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 bygonebebygone

• 3 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 May 2018 - 03:09 AM

I was wondering about fits of rage and how they differ in quality in cases of long term brain damage sequelae, subclinical seizure and psychiatric bipolar disorder.

personally i suspect a little brain damage that i might have had early in life but my doctor is of the other opinion. apart from what i suspect might be pathologic laughter and weeping or otherwise severe depression, i get what is rage that is extremely destructive i break things and scream nonstop for hours multiple times a day and i become extremely irritability where i lash out with verbal violence and cant sit still or tolerate anything even any mild noises or stimulus. there is a shakiness and frenzy in my mind all the time. and the depression or pba whatever it is is always like a severe darkness and high emotional sensitivity and hurtfulness. the thing is i do not have other symptoms excepting withdrwal socially for past 10 years. and the symptoms are sort of stereotyped i get the same destructive rage, the same feelings, the same frenzy and tearfulness every time. is it easy to guess the origin of the rage or differential? 

also i am right now somehwat stable on risperidone 6mg, amantadine 200mg, amitriptyline 25mg and valproate 1g er. but i would like to get rid of risperidone at any cost due to complications it has on dystonic muscle reaction, sleep apnea, etc. is there any alternative for rages, the amantadine and amitryptyline alleviated hostility but i doubt it will prevent relapse fully so i need support of a med but hopefuly not an antipsychotic. i hope someone can provide insight into the matter. thanks.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rage, aggression, bipolar, brain damage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users