- - - - -

5-HT2C Odd Issue

sertraline

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 metabrain

• 302 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 03:28 PM

I am trying to understand an odd issue that I have been having with my memory for some time now.

I was on Sertraline for more than a decade and began to have memory issues when I came off of it, when I take Sertraline my memory improves but I get extremely hostile and unsociable on it.

Here is where things get weird, I have tried going back on Sertraline, when I do my memory improves but when I come off of it my memory gets worse each time,

I went on the assumption that 5-HT2C simply became down-regulated since Sertraline downregulates the receptor so I decided to go on Citralopram since this up-regulates 5-HT2C, after a few days I begin to find that I can remember certain things easier.

When I came off Citralopram the same thing happened, my memory got worse than before. I can repeat this pattern again and again.

I have no idea what is going on, has anyone heard of such a phenomenon?

I went on the assumption that 5-HT2C became downregulated 

#2 Galaxyshock

• 1,470 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 04:28 PM

Bacopa may have a normalizing effect on 5-HT2C receptors, though this is based on rat studies. It is a known memory enhancer regardless, so I would recommend to try it out.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 metabrain

• Topic Starter
  • 302 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 06:36 PM

Bacopa may have a normalizing effect on 5-HT2C receptors, though this is based on rat studies. It is a known memory enhancer regardless, so I would recommend to try it out.

I tried it but I literally felt nothing even when I doubled the dosage.

#4 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 May 2018 - 04:27 PM

Did you try bacopa synapsa vs bacognize? Seems synapse can cause energy where bacognize can cause more sedation from what I read.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 metabrain

• Topic Starter
  • 302 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 05:24 PM

Did you try bacopa synapsa vs bacognize? Seems synapse can cause energy where bacognize can cause more sedation from what I read.

I just realized that it was Ginkgo Biloba that I tried not Bacopa, I have ordered a supply of Bacopa to see how I will get on.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sertraline

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users