ropinirole Vs Memantine for reducing amphetamines

ropinirole memantine amphetamine

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 May 2018 - 10:25 PM

I ordered both and plan to try them separately. If your goal was to reduce amphetamine tolerance and restore dopamine which would you use?

#2 Junipersun

• 70 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 11:42 AM

Memantine has a lot more research and anecdotal evidence for this purpose. If you'll try them both, why are you even asking? Just check for yourself which one works better. 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 John250

• Topic Starter
  • 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 May 2018 - 04:07 PM

Memantine has a lot more research and anecdotal evidence for this purpose. If you'll try them both, why are you even asking? Just check for yourself which one works better.

Correct me if I’m wrong but Memantine will help with lowering amphetamine dose as it’s a nmda antagonist but it won’t help with diminished dopamine receptors from amphetamine use where ropinirole will?

#4 Junipersun

• 70 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 04:39 PM

As far as I know, NMDA antagonists upregulate dopamine receptors. Ropinirole is a dopamine agonist, my guess is that you get some synergistic action by combining it with amphetamine, but downregulation should occur nevertheless. You might want to look into 9-me-bc, which actually heals dopaminergic neurons, people report greatly reduced amphetamine tolerance (which might be the result of its mao-b action). 

Edited by Junipersun, 30 May 2018 - 04:40 PM.

#5 John250

• Topic Starter
  • 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 May 2018 - 05:41 PM

As far as I know, NMDA antagonists upregulate dopamine receptors. Ropinirole is a dopamine agonist, my guess is that you get some synergistic action by combining it with amphetamine, but downregulation should occur nevertheless. You might want to look into 9-me-bc, which actually heals dopaminergic neurons, people report greatly reduced amphetamine tolerance (which might be the result of its mao-b action).

Never heard of it but it looks very interesting. Some promising studies at ncbi. definitely worth looking into more I wish there were more human trials

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#6 John250

• Topic Starter
  • 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 June 2018 - 04:49 PM

The past 3 days I have had some body aches from weight training so I used a very low dose of OxyContin. Only 3-5mg. I don’t like opiates as they always make me nauseous and they actually cause me to get grumpy and short tempered which is odd. Even at only 5 mg I actually get pretty high and it lasts a long time around 5-6hrs. Anyway something interesting I’ve noticed is the following day I find that I don’t need nearly my normal amphetamine dose. I only need about half if that. Not sure what the correlation is but I figured I would share.

Edited by John250, 05 June 2018 - 04:49 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ropinirole, memantine, amphetamine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users