- - - - -

Motivation, mood and energy - looking for a supplement

motivation mood energy supplement

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Grandmaster

• 217 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 08:41 PM

So i had some bad  reactions to different things that should work as a energy, motvation and mood boosters:

-caffeine(coffee, energy drinks, pure in tablets) mood swings and anxiety, last time used in larger than 100mg amount in any form like year ago

-theacrine - bought it  recently for 30 dollars and it seems to make me sleepy even at large doses like 200mg plus, im angry because of this 

-l--tyrosine - terrible brainfog after any dosage, felt unmotivated. near depressive

-phenibut - waste of money 

- inositol - no effects at all, actually made me groggy

- tryptohpan - felt terrible in the mornings, no positive effects

-  most of racetams 

positive or neutral reactions:

- pregenonlone with vitamin c and fish oil - felt amazing after 3 days of using it but effects vanished after like 2 weeks, didnt get those effects after that

- guarana with vitamin c and magnesium citrate - great mood boost, especially after like 4-5 hours after dosage but sometimes doesnt work well and give me diarrhea

-phenylpiracetam -  original russian phenotropil, felt neutral after 100mg kinda anxious, 200mg - first time amazing memory and mood boost with energy, but it stopped working due to tolerance i think and its super expensive

What can you suggest for me as a motivation mood and energy booster? I must admit that i may have slight histamine intolerance but its not 100% confirmed(those damn doctors,,,) or some gut problem but nothing very serious.

Im thinking about: -

L- dopa - scared about side effects and possibly an addiction so im not convinced

- bromantane - impossible to get where i live so not an option now

- some herb like cordyceps, polygala or st johns wort but also not convinced 

Waitng for your suggestions

Edited by Grandmaster, 21 June 2018 - 08:47 PM.

#2 jack black

• 1,294 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 June 2018 - 09:08 PM

findings something that works long term for those is like holly grail.

you might want to find a few things and cycle them with drug free vacation times.

personally, things that work/worked short term for me were memantine, amantadine, noopept, DMEA, adrafinil, and legal amphetamines.

Edited by jack black, 21 June 2018 - 09:09 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Grandmaster

• Topic Starter
  • 217 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 10:15 PM

findings something that works long term for those is like holly grail.

you might want to find a few things and cycle them with drug free vacation times.

personally, things that work/worked short term for me were memantine, amantadine, noopept, DMEA, adrafinil, and legal amphetamines.

Im looking for some possibly safe ones like herbal ones. From those you mentioned - noopept gave me problems with memory and motivation after long usage,its not a energy booster and other ones have a lot of side effects so...

#4 jack black

• 1,294 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 June 2018 - 04:00 PM

good luck then...

#5 Galaxyshock

• 1,468 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 04:55 AM

St. John's Wort standardized to hyperforin, Perika brand, should help as it works as SNDRI. May take a week or two to start working.

Low dose Aripiprazole is activating and has some evidence relieving motivational anhedonia.

Adaptogens like Rhodiola are also good option if you respond to them.

#6 Grandmaster

• Topic Starter
  • 217 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 09:55 AM

St. John's Wort standardized to hyperforin, Perika brand, should help as it works as SNDRI. May take a week or two to start working.

Low dose Aripiprazole is activating and has some evidence relieving motivational anhedonia.

Adaptogens like Rhodiola are also good option if you respond to them.

I tried Rhodiola few times and always it gave me some brainfog and slight anxiety - i dont know why, combined with coffee when i drunk it regularly like a year ago it was even worse.I see for arpiprazole you need description so same like selegiline, ritalin etc - very hard to get.

St John's Wort is interesting one i gonna do some research. I started dosing 500mg TMG before sleep and it seems to work nice as it makes people fresh after waking up and probably some mood impact as it should convert to SAM-e in the liver if im not mistaken.

What about some herbal stimulants?  

#7 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 June 2018 - 05:08 PM

ST johns wort is looking more and more interesting. Hits most neurotransmitters but primarily dopamine

#8 Advocatus Diaboli

• 562 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 June 2018 - 06:01 PM

Brand of St. John's Wort would seem to be important. A ConsumerLab report teaser (need to be a member, which I'm not, to see reported results) on several brands of SJW indicate significant differences among those brands tested.

#9 Grandmaster

• Topic Starter
  • 217 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 12:42 PM

I understand that you have to take St Johns Wort for a longer time to get any effects?

#10 Grandmaster

• Topic Starter
  • 217 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 09:04 PM

What do you think about NOW FOOS St. Johns Wort 300mg extract per capsule, 0.3 hypericin?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#11 Grandmaster

• Topic Starter
  • 217 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 03:07 PM

ST johns wort is looking more and more interesting. Hits most neurotransmitters but primarily dopamine

I can't agree that it primarly hits dopamine "St John's wort is only a weak inhibitor of monoamine oxidase-A and -B activity but that it inhibits the synaptosomal uptake of serotonin, dopamine and noradrenaline (norepinephrine) with approximately equal affinity." Thats why you shouldn't take SSRI's with it beacuse it may cause serotonin syndrome.

i just bought SJW by NOW becuse i couldnt get Perika and actually NOW's one has better reviews on several sites.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: motivation, mood, energy, supplement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users