• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

Dr. Conlon says long term NAD precursor supplementation is pointless, claims to have new cocktail that works

nad

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
71 replies to this topic

#61 p75213

• 73 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 November 2019 - 03:28 AM

This is not correct, chronic use of GTE actually is said to harm your kidneys though so it is best to cycle it, which I do, I cycle everything. I will also be cycling this protocol, very similar to the one Oakman posted. I added fish oil to improve the GTE bioavailability, and my cocktail has a bit more vitamin C (500mg) because that's the lowest dose I could find and I don't want to mix powders and veg cap things right now.  Vitamin C is for bioavailability of catechins and flavonoids, it reduces their otherwise high susceptibility to oxidation during uptake. Less would be better if possible because it doesn't take much. I need to find a 100mg dose of vitamin C somewhere or just finally mix my own and cap them.

How much is chronic?

#62 sedentary

• 155 posts

Posted 24 November 2019 - 08:00 PM

i want to review her product btw;

1) vitamin c. who doesnt get vitamin c now days? is it possible NOT to get ascorbic acid?? its fortified in tons of product, but also available in hundreds of foods too.im sure even the worst eater gets SOME vitamin c now days. at 3 capsules!? for 10mg?! wow.

i can get such tiny dose without gulping 3 caps a day from just a small dose of the most processed pasteurized orange juice hah

2) nicotinamide. this stuff is also available everywhere. shitload of supplements have it, excluding the foods. maybe because its high dose, at 3 caps again, which is such a pain in the ass to take, but hey, its a high dose. if that supposedly means good...

3) zinc. zinc is also in most foods people consume now days. plus tons of supplements have it. but she offers one of the worst forms, citrate. i mean, it is the easiest cheapest most available form on the market so it makes sense from business perspective that she will put this weak form.

4) now here it just says Botanical Blend 1g and it doesnt specify how much of each which is a very old trick in the supplement industry. in this manner you get away with cutting down on important expensive herbs. i know this because i worked in the industry and its very common place.

SO, the blend contains things we likely consume regularly anyway, again! green tea, parsley, rutin (present in all foods in some amounts), black pepper and then finally specifying alpha lipoic acid at 300mg. now, last one is fine and all, but its not in the R-lipoic acid form which is natural more bio available and of course, more expensive! https://www.google.c...pha lipoic acid

CONCLUSION: at 55 dollars for one purchase, requiring you to take 3 caps a day, containing substances widely available in much better forms too, i say, this product is GENIUS with the grade of F

Edited by Mind, 01 December 2019 - 09:30 PM.

• Agree x 3
  • Needs references x 1
  • Disagree x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#63 Nate-2004

• 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 November 2019 - 07:47 PM

I think the fortified foods you're talking about are the processed packaged foods most people here try to avoid. Also it's probably not going to get the amount of nad boosting that a custom tailored version of the Nuchido product likely gets. I also wouldn't do it for longer than a couple weeks at a time. Yeah, it's super easy to get vitamin c, but the reason it's included here in a small amount is to improve bioavailability, not to add to the diet. Hence why it's only 10 mg.  I still wouldn't use the Nuchido as I'd rather just make my own version with better stuff.

The problem here isn't to satisfy base requirements, it's to boost NAD+ for older adults who are losing it to higher levels of nad consumption, parp, cd38, etc. Hence the apigenin.  I'm doubting that this is enough, so you have to do all you can to curb inflammation in addition to this because that's likely part of what's driving up the consumption. There's so much.

Edited by Nate-2004, 29 November 2019 - 07:48 PM.

• unsure x 1
  • Informative x 1

#64 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 09:13 PM

I have been taking it for a few days now. No negative side effects. Mild energy boost, but that is a subjective assessment of course.

Are you still taking it?

Results?

#65 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 09:20 PM

i want to review her product btw;

1) vitamin c. who doesnt get vitamin c now days? is it possible NOT to get ascorbic acid?? its fortified in tons of product, but also available in hundreds of foods too.im sure even the worst eater gets SOME vitamin c now days. at 3 capsules!? for 10mg?! wow.

i can get such tiny dose without gulping 3 caps a day from just a small dose of the most processed pasteurized orange juice hah

2) nicotinamide. this stuff is also available everywhere. shitload of supplements have it, excluding the foods. maybe because its high dose, at 3 caps again, which is such a pain in the ass to take, but hey, its a high dose. if that supposedly means good...

3) zinc. zinc is also in most foods people consume now days. plus tons of supplements have it. but she offers one of the worst forms, citrate. i mean, it is the easiest cheapest most available form on the market so it makes sense from business perspective that she will put this weak form.

4) now here it just says Botanical Blend 1g and it doesnt specify how much of each which is a very old trick in the supplement industry. in this manner you get away with cutting down on important expensive herbs. i know this because i worked in the industry and its very common place.

SO, the blend contains things we likely consume regularly anyway, again! green tea, parsley, rutin (present in all foods in some amounts), black pepper and then finally specifying alpha lipoic acid at 300mg. now, last one is fine and all, but its not in the R-lipoic acid form which is natural more bio available and of course, more expensive! https://www.google.c...pha lipoic acid

CONCLUSION: at 55 dollars for one purchase, requiring you to take 3 caps a day, containing substances widely available in much better forms too, i say, this product is GENIUS with the grade of F

I don't see nicotinamide on the ingredients list.

#66 Rays

• 72 posts

Posted 18 January 2020 - 12:10 PM

About the ingredients: Did you guys read their blog post on why they put those in there? I found it quite interesting.

https://nuchido.com/...ical-complexity

• Good Point x 2

#67 joesixpack

• 457 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 February 2020 - 01:54 AM

About the ingredients: Did you guys read their blog post on why they put those in there? I found it quite interesting.

https://nuchido.com/...ical-complexity

Is anyone taking this, and would they like to share their results?

#68 Nate-2004

• 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 February 2020 - 02:39 AM

Is anyone taking this, and would they like to share their results?

As I said earlier in the thread, I'm taking the basic gist of the ingredients. I feel the same the days I take it as I do when taking NR, maybe a little better. I cycle NAD+ boosting in and out. I don't think it's good to do it constantly.  Am I getting younger? Way too early to tell. I need to get bloodwork done which I can't do for another couple of months. I'll let everyone know once I do.

#69 sedentary

• 155 posts

Posted 21 February 2020 - 01:49 AM

there was a review of this product right here, but it seems its removed. reasons; unknown

• Good Point x 1

#70 Nate-2004

• 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 February 2020 - 03:16 PM

There's also a new product, very similar and perhaps a much more robust formulation, called Neurohacker Eternus. Once I run out of these ingredients I plant to try it out. 

There's a recent study on NR that came out this week that is not too promising. It was done on obese and diabetic men. Turns out there was no improvement in mitochondrial function. I suspect it's for the reasons Conlon talks about because there was a drop in NAMPT, one of the reasons why I wouldn't take NR except on exercise days. This new product may address the issue but we won't know for many years. I hope by then we'll have more effective treatments and significant progress on at least one hallmark if not two, but I think for now people are just trying to buy time until then.

#71 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 21 February 2020 - 06:02 PM

I took the Nuchido supplement for 45 days (half-dose per day). It seemed to give me a little more base-line physical energy (subjective).

I took a myDNAge test immediately after the course of Nuchido Time.

My result was epigenetic age = 41

My chronological age is 49

My previous myDNAge test indicated 46.8 years.

Seems like an improvement, but I am not 100% sold on the accuracy of the myDNAge test. Also I took a thyroid supplement, one course of LEF's Senolytic activator, and more B-12 during the middle of last year.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • Informative x 1

#72 joesixpack

• 457 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 February 2020 - 10:51 PM

I took the Nuchido supplement for 45 days (half-dose per day). It seemed to give me a little more base-line physical energy (subjective).

I took a myDNAge test immediately after the course of Nuchido Time.

My result was epigenetic age = 41

My chronological age is 49

My previous myDNAge test indicated 46.8 years.

Seems like an improvement, but I am not 100% sold on the accuracy of the myDNAge test. Also I took a thyroid supplement, one course of LEF's Senolytic activator, and more B-12 during the middle of last year.

Thanks for the followup from both of you (Mind and Nate-2004).

I am surprised that a product that had so much hype, has not had much exposure on Longecity.

• Good Point x 1
  • Disagree x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nad

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users