Tackling ADHD induced(?) lack of motivation

adhd methylphenidate

• Please log in to reply
200 replies to this topic

#151 mono

• 201 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 February 2019 - 05:18 PM

ASMR actually stands for autonomous sensory meridian response as it is a blissful tingly sensation throughout the body that one gets from whispering, combing of the hair etc. That is why the videos feature those kind of things, in order to trigger the response. Unfortunately I never was able to trigger my ASMR from the videos otherwise I would probably watch them because the feeling of ASMR is comparable to having an orgasm, it is so nice, but there is truly nothing sexual about it and it is just in a much more relaxing kind of way. 

#152 CWF1986

• 224 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 05:26 PM

^

The studies I've seen seem to suggest that most people don't actually experience it and researchers have noted unusual brain activity in the default mode network of those who do experience it.  

I thought it seemed especially relevant to the brain health section of the longecity because those that experience it typically score high in both openness to experience and neurtoticism in the Big 5 personality test.  

It's still something very understudied and even the term ASMR isn't a scientific term.  But it's something I'll be closely following to see how it develops over the years.  

• Informative x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#153 cat-nips

• 226 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 07:28 PM

Hi guys!

Just looked at this and have always wondered why I would have an extreme nearly sensual response at times to someone whispering in my ear. Lol.

CFW: good to hear you’re doing well. Thanks for the DLPA combo. Going to try this soon with Dex at 375 like you said. I tried DLPA + Selegiine pretty much daily when I was experimenting with Selegiline and looking back I don’t think I’ve ever felt more “high” and disassociated and weird. But sometimes I would notice the mood enhancement effects of just DLPA if I took it alone.

I may even stack it with an artichoke extract and fish oil. The LPA and artichoke are key parts to the CILTEP stack, but I wouldn’t take CILTEP every day because the ALCAR eventually makes my hypothyroid issues worse. But I would imagine that it synergizes quite nicely.

I think the wall spoken off or even the zombie effect is a methylphenidate symptom. It’s common to hear in conjunction with Ritalin products and perhaps it’s due to the stricter reuptake mechanism rather than both the reputable and releasing mechanism of amphetamines. The tia and selegeline may be correcting that and if doses are kept stable at 12.5, TID then hopefully should be ok??

Amps have different common sides such as mood swings, sleep disturbances, crashes, being affected by urinary and internal ph and a hefty amount of creative hyper focus usually on all the wrong things, sometimes leading to increased distraction.

Playing with some natural supplements like iodine, turmeric and artichoke. I’ll have more to say on those later. Phenylpiracetam and pramiracetam still continue to be useful in short term situations. Eventually I’ll get around to trying Faso as it’s been in clinical trials for adhd.

Hope all is well!

^

The studies I've seen seem to suggest that most people don't actually experience it and researchers have noted unusual brain activity in the default mode network of those who do experience it.

I thought it seemed especially relevant to the brain health section of the longecity because those that experience it typically score high in both openness to experience and neurtoticism in the Big 5 personality test.

It's still something very understudied and even the term ASMR isn't a scientific term. But it's something I'll be closely following to see how it develops over the years.

#154 CWF1986

• 224 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 02:01 AM

Hi guys!

Just looked at this and have always wondered why I would have an extreme nearly sensual response at times to someone whispering in my ear. Lol.

I've always become super relaxed and sometimes get the shivers/tingles while getting a haircut or during a lot of the stuff they do when you're at the doctor's office.  

It's a separate phenomenon from what's called 'frisson' which is the tingles from music or from being in a state of awe of something.  Frisson is associated with increased heart rate whereas asmr is associated with decreased heart rate.  

#155 floweryriddle

• Topic Starter
  • 134 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 February 2019 - 02:15 AM

I'm doing a ton better now.

All I've got to add is that I'm having a lot of luck DLPA.  Apparently, I just needed to take it regularly.  I do 375mg daily as soon as I wake up.  It seems to help with mood and energy and levels out the adderall some makes the therapeutic effects of the adderall consistent day to day as opposed to working well some days and not others.  

So that just leaves me taking:

Meds-

Adderall

Nortriptline

Supps-

DLPA

ZMA

Anyone else heard of ASMR?  I've been finding it really helpful when I feel scatterbrained or overwhelmed.  It's also real helpful when I start experiencing a lot of rumination or worry.  I listen/watch a vid and then I put my thoughts together and feel ready to do what I need again.  

In the discussions section of this paper, it compares ASMR to music therapy and mindfulness therapy and it helps as much as the music therapy and more than mindfulness therapy using heart rate reduction as the measure.  

Really glad to hear you're doing ok and thanks for chiming in again!! 

ASMR I tried a few times but it just makes me really uncomfortable so I guess it's just not for me. What helped me a lot when working though is https://www.brain.fm. They give you a free trial but you can just sign up with a new email to get another one. I don't have a problem with work related tasks thanks to Methylphenidate, but brain.fm still helped a lot when I needed to get 'into the zone'. 

For supplements / meds, I am also currently trialing DLPA (with Selegiline) but don't notice much at all, like I couldn't tell you if I took it or not. Just recently started though so I want to give it a few weeks testrun. 

Going to swap Selegiline with Rasagiline for a bit, and still on Tianeptine as my goto antidepressant. 

Not much progress in terms of self-motivation sadly. Still wasting hours doing nothing. 

Next on my experimentation is list is finally a proper MAOi like Parnate or Nardil instead of all the other things I take right now, just can't find a doctor willing to prescribe it. 

#156 MichaelFocus22

• 331 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 February 2019 - 05:50 AM

Hi guys!

CFW: good to hear you’re doing well. Thanks for the DLPA combo. Going to try this soon with Dex at 375 like you said. I tried DLPA + Selegiine pretty much daily when I was experimenting with Selegiline and looking back I don’t think I’ve ever felt more “high” and disassociated and weird. But sometimes I would notice the mood enhancement effects of just DLPA if I took it alone.

I may even stack it with an artichoke extract and fish oil. The LPA and artichoke are key parts to the CILTEP stack, but I wouldn’t take CILTEP every day because the ALCAR eventually makes my hypothyroid issues worse. But I would imagine that it synergizes quite nicely.

I think the wall spoken off or even the zombie effect is a methylphenidate symptom. It’s common to hear in conjunction with Ritalin products and perhaps it’s due to the stricter reuptake mechanism rather than both the reputable and releasing mechanism of amphetamines. The tia and selegeline may be correcting that and if doses are kept stable at 12.5, TID then hopefully should be ok??

Amps have different common sides such as mood swings, sleep disturbances, crashes, being affected by urinary and internal ph and a hefty amount of creative hyper focus usually on all the wrong things, sometimes leading to increased distraction.

Playing with some natural supplements like iodine, turmeric and artichoke. I’ll have more to say on those later. Phenylpiracetam and pramiracetam still continue to be useful in short term situations. Eventually I’ll get around to trying Faso as it’s been in clinical trials for adhd.

Hope all is well!

Greetings Cat-Nips, I believe I've solved the issue, with concerta you need to make sure your taking the lowest possible therapuetic dose for maximum benefit also called the sweet spot. Next, I've found that on the first couple days, I don't have horrible anxiety but a mild dry and suppressed  feeling which is significantly more manageable than that horrible zombie feeling which didn't overcome me as much. I was probably taking to high of a dose frankly. Next, make sure that you don't take it more than two consecutive days. I've found that after two days you lose the therapuetic effect and the anger and depression eventually starts to set it. So you want to avoid this by not taking it everyday. A good balance I've found is 3-4 3-4, yet it's not quite enough but it's better than nothing I suppose. I will be happy once I can actually hold down a job.  To finish, you can also supplement with guanfacine to decrease the anxiety but it also lowers you blood pressure apparently which wouldn't be very useful. I would just accept that you don't get to have it both ways unfortunately. You just gotta live with it until a new revolutionary medication comes out. This is probably the closest I've gotten to fixing the zombie problem.

#157 floweryriddle

• Topic Starter
  • 134 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 February 2019 - 10:52 PM

Hey guys!

I made a bit of progress and wanted to share what’s been going on.

First of all Strattera - I was back and forth between taking it and not taking it but besides making me more organized, it really shifted me more towards planning instead of doing. What eventually made the decision for me even though I wanted to continue taking it was that it constantly gave me a walking heart rate of 90-100. When doing little sports it quickly jumped to 180.
I’ve been off it again and my heart rate is down to 50-70.
I feel more messy in my head and am a lot more impulsive but it might also be a bit of rebound from stopping strattera.

Tianeptine - I’ve been taking Tianeptine fairly consistently 2 times a day again and after a few weeks my mood felt more stable and brighter, which in turn made me more positive about starting things. This matches what I wrote in one of my previous replies and I’m glad it was replicable.

After a bit of trialing, Phenylalanine in the morning alongside a MAO-B inhibitor (Selegiline 5mg/day) is now part of my stack. I don’t really feel much from it and couldn’t tell if I took it or not, but after a couple days of consistently taking it I noticed feeling better and better. I’d even say it’s even a little similar to Tianeptine.

**L-deprenyl plus L-phenylalanine in the treatment of depression.**
https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/6425455/

My depressive symptoms feel almost completely obliterated. I barely have any sorts of dark thoughts nor do I feel lonely these days and my outlook on life improved drastically.
I feel highly motivated and even started picking up older hobbies and passions that kind of died off in the past.
The wall is still there, but man does it feel easier to get over it.

A theory is that the increased impulsiveness / energy from stopping strattera, together with the anti-depressive effects of phenylalanine + tianeptine resulted in this boost of motivation.

Then, another question that has been creeping up is if I’m not bipolar after all and currently in a manic / hypo-manic episode.

Also a little worried that stopping Strattera will turn me into an emotional mess again.

Stack:
- Selegiline (5mg)
- Phenylalanine (355mg)
- Methylphenidate (Concerta / 27mg)
- Tianeptine (12.5mg / 2x day)

Other stuff I’m taking/doing (not related to this)
- Zinc, Magnesium
- NMN
- Pterostilbene,
- Omega3
- Allicin
- Some sort of workout / physical activity most days
- Daily meditation

Edited by floweryriddle, 24 February 2019 - 10:56 PM.

• like x 1

#158 cat-nips

• 226 posts

Posted 27 February 2019 - 03:52 AM

Nice updates.  There's a warm, focused, little group here, so it's pleasant to hear how you all are faring.  Love the share, since we all have our coping methods and perhaps can pick up a few from time to time, by doing so.   

Flowery: I wouldn't stress the bipolar thing too much.  It's just a label.  If you weren't bipolar before you went on Concerta, then it's probably just a side effect of the fluctuating neurotransmitters that comes with taking these meds.  My key indicator is if I go for 3+ days without sleep and am still not tired and unusually cheerful, or if I start going off and ranting and raging about things that wouldn't normally provoke such an extreme reaction.  I've learned to try to recognize it and adjust accordingly.  I have mild, daily swings mostly every day, a few times a day, and larger swings that last for longer periods, but I will never medicate for bipolar issues.  For the longer ones, if the swing is positive and productive, then I ride it out.  If it's negative and hostile, then I try to quickly change it with alternative measures (change of environment, task, focus, exercise, another supplement, etc).  If it's a small one then I try to ignore it and find something else to focus on.  I guess it's similar to a form of self-performed DBT (Dialectical Behavior Therapy), that's rooted in self-awareness of emotional states, similar to practices like meditation, etc and making a choice to be reactive to those emotional states, or not.  It doesn't always work, but it often does enough so that I can live with it.  

If you're stable with your stack now, then go with it.  :).   Hopefully your magnesium is either threonate or a blend of threonate/glycinate, and that your omega source has a higher EPA to DHA ratio and you're aiming for a total EPA/DPA dosage to be ~1000mg, maybe a little less.

Drew: I looked at the CRISPR stuff, and it's interesting, but I don't see it as a viable option anytime in the near future, unfortunately.  My research points to a lack of oxygen, faulty/reduced neurotransmission in localized regions in the brain, specifically the frontal lobe and a portion of the amygdala.  But the brain is compensatory so what lacks in one area can grow to be stronger in others.  Based on that neuroplasticity model, whether the condition is genetic or a byproduct of an environmental effect or damage is irrelevant because the treatment options and cures target the same symptomology.  At least by current standards.

Also, if med holidays are working for you to help keep side effects in check, then that's awesome.  For me personally, once I start, I can't take holidays.  My dosing needs to be pretty consistent for it to be effective and if I miss a day, I'm usually a mess, since the half-life of these agents are all under a 24hr range.  I go into withdrawal if I take holidays and it really just sucks.  Another thought would be to add a serotonergic agent like 5-HTP or something in the late afternoon towards the evenings to help balance those NT levels, keeping depression, hostility and anger somewhat more at bay.  Just a theory.  CBD may be another option.  

Dealing with some other health and unrelated areas now that my attention issues have resolved on Dexedrine.  For mood stabilization, I pretty much rely on THC/CBD products to get me through it.  It works for me and helps keep some of that balance in check if I can get the dosing/strain right.   

Hope you guys will periodically post and update this thread.  Nice to feel a sense of community here, even in this small section of the interwebs  ;)

Edited by cat-nips, 27 February 2019 - 04:38 AM.

#159 MichaelFocus22

• 331 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 February 2019 - 06:47 AM

Nice updates.  There's a warm, focused, little group here, so it's pleasant to hear how you all are faring.  Love the share, since we all have our coping methods and perhaps can pick up a few from time to time, by doing so.   

Flowery: I wouldn't stress the bipolar thing too much.  It's just a label.  If you weren't bipolar before you went on Concerta, then it's probably just a side effect of the fluctuating neurotransmitters that comes with taking these meds.  My key indicator is if I go for 3+ days without sleep and am still not tired and unusually cheerful, or if I start going off and ranting and raging about things that wouldn't normally provoke such an extreme reaction.  I've learned to try to recognize it and adjust accordingly.  I have mild, daily swings mostly every day, a few times a day, and larger swings that last for longer periods, but I will never medicate for bipolar issues.  For the longer ones, if the swing is positive and productive, then I ride it out.  If it's negative and hostile, then I try to quickly change it with alternative measures (change of environment, task, focus, exercise, another supplement, etc).  If it's a small one then I try to ignore it and find something else to focus on.  I guess it's similar to a form of self-performed DBT (Dialectical Behavior Therapy), that's rooted in self-awareness of emotional states, similar to practices like meditation, etc and making a choice to be reactive to those emotional states, or not.  It doesn't always work, but it often does enough so that I can live with it.  

If you're stable with your stack now, then go with it.  :).   Hopefully your magnesium is either threonate or a blend of threonate/glycinate, and that your omega source has a higher EPA to DHA ratio and you're aiming for a total EPA/DPA dosage to be ~1000mg, maybe a little less.

Drew: I looked at the CRISPR stuff, and it's interesting, but I don't see it as a viable option anytime in the near future, unfortunately.  My research points to a lack of oxygen, faulty/reduced neurotransmission in localized regions in the brain, specifically the frontal lobe and a portion of the amygdala.  But the brain is compensatory so what lacks in one area can grow to be stronger in others.  Based on that neuroplasticity model, whether the condition is genetic or a byproduct of an environmental effect or damage is irrelevant because the treatment options and cures target the same symptomology.  At least by current standards.

Also, if med holidays are working for you to help keep side effects in check, then that's awesome.  For me personally, once I start, I can't take holidays.  My dosing needs to be pretty consistent for it to be effective and if I miss a day, I'm usually a mess, since the half-life of these agents are all under a 24hr range.  I go into withdrawal if I take holidays and it really just sucks.  Another thought would be to add a serotonergic agent like 5-HTP or something in the late afternoon towards the evenings to help balance those NT levels, keeping depression, hostility and anger somewhat more at bay.  Just a theory.  CBD may be another option.  

Dealing with some other health and unrelated areas now that my attention issues have resolved on Dexedrine.  For mood stabilization, I pretty much rely on THC/CBD products to get me through it.  It works for me and helps keep some of that balance in check if I can get the dosing/strain right.   

Hope you guys will periodically post and update this thread.  Nice to feel a sense of community here, even in this small section of the interwebs  ;)

Greetings, it's been a long time sense I've heard from you. It's important you realize, that doing ALOT of things doesn't mean your being effective with doing it. In reality, your probably wasting your time taking all these stimulants and just doing to much. Which I'm obviously guilty of as well.  So maybe, you should stop fractionalizing your focus on different therapeutic treatments and just do a few different things and keep experimenting with only those therapetuic doses. It seems irrational to keep testing stuff like a drug addict. Not that, I'm saying you are one but it's better to STICK with a few stimulants or therapeutic doses. Also about the zombie effect, I may have a solution for you or as close as one as possible.  The zombie effect dissappeared to a good degree when I was on a HIGH medication dose and I find that my mood swings and bad anxiety go away as long as I don't take my medication more than 2 consecutive days, otherwise the side effects will outweigh the benefits. Which is why in my last post, I've been thinking of doing 3-4-3-4 3 days on medication and 4 days off or 2-1-2-1-1, Is another theoretical period that maximizes the SWEET SPOT for medication, which Dr. Barkley describes as the lowest possible dose with the highest amount amount of effectiveness with the least side effects by which PREVENTS tolerance rise. So this remedies anxiety by preventing an exhaustion of the d2 and d3 dopaminerigic receptors, which I suspect may be a reason by those awful side effects. These medications are not MEANT to be taken everyday. Regardless of what the manufactures will tell you. I also reccomend you investigate into a guanfacine+concerta combo+ritaline small dose seems to be a treatment option I might check into, but I probably don't need it really.  Also, I recommend you keep more optimism towards CRISPR because that is the CURE for ADHD, once we have identified all the genes that cause ADHD in theory in should replace the faulty mechanisms of dopaminerigic production and in theory normalize dopamine levels. Unless their is either permanent development damage or different in utero formations.  I'd really just like better medication that doesn't have fucking stupid stigma behind it with less side effects and more benefits. Most ADHD medication is very barbaric in how it works and it's ineffectiveness such that it doesn't target the correct areas of the brain for PFC functioning. Like I don't need emotional suppression, I only need PFC functioning so I can do my career well and make a good living. 

P.S Apparently you addressed my points and I missed it so perhaps, disregard some of it if you don't believe it to be useful to you.  I've considered CBD but it simply feels like another repulsive drug that will kill my drive towards greatness and I don't need anymore issues. I reccomend you check into reuptake inhibitors they are nowhere near as horrible on your d2 and d3 receptors as dexerdrine which I have TONS of in my apartment I just don't take it because I DESPISE how it makes me feel.   I've never experienced any type of withdrawl because I hate taking it to begin with. I just want to be normal already... IF I was normal god I'd be invincible.. Tangents now.

Edited by DrewMichael21, 27 February 2019 - 06:52 AM.

#160 cat-nips

• 226 posts

Posted 27 February 2019 - 09:08 AM

Lol, Drew.  Hope you're doing well.  "Testing things like a drug addict?"  Do drug addicts test things?  :-D If I am a drug addict it will be because of the stimulants that I get prescribed from my doctor.  They have far more risk and potential safety and addiction issues than any other nootropic or vitamin/mineral/herb supplemented to rebalance general health.  

"All those stimulants?"  I only take one.  Dexedrine.  My dosage has been the same for the 2 years before I went off completely, for over a year, and it's the same now that I've returned to it.  I don't take breaks because once I start, taking a break means that I don't function that day, and that's not an option as people depend on me and plus responsibilities to tend to.  I've had the same insight, but It's not about accepting doing less, it's about functioning or not, and not functioning isn't an option for anyone, for too long.  Eventually, your general quality of life and your future and happiness suffer as a result.

I'd be willing to take a guess that amongst the ADHD population on stimulants, there is a much higher percentage of those that don't take multiple scheduled days off, every week.  One could make a point that the fluctuations in neurotransmitter levels that occur from the volatility of taking it, not taking it, taking it, not taking it, could contribute to greater emotional dysregulation and inconsistent results over time, from never allowing your brain a chance to stabilize.  We could set up a poll on Longecity, if you're curious, to see the percentage of stim users in this subset that take med breaks from 0-4 days off a week, lol.  I know treatment holidays are recommended, and some can take weekends off or something similar, but I've never been able to do so without suffering.  

Different neurochemistry and genetics that respond to one class of meds over the other.  There's still primarily just the two classes though.  Yes, still crude treatments, which is the whole point of my experimentation with alternatives :).  I have actually been on that combo you mentioned, but it didn't last for more than a month.  I was a miserable, hateful, organized, joyless, taskmaster on Concerta/Ritalin and I couldn't take it without at least one person asking me what was wrong, every time I did.  So I guess we had opposite responses :).  I haven't had a good reaction to most of the DRI's I've tried, unfortunately.  Wellbutrin was the worst.  Guanfacine was fairly nice at first but after about 2 months, lowered my pulse rate so low that I was too freezing to leave my bed or house and too tired to exercise, or take my kid to school, or move.    :wacko:   

Eventually you'll figure out what works for you, most likely some kind of balance between knowing your limitations/ abilities, as well as managing the treatments in the most effective way for your lifestyle.  If you were invincible, you wouldn't be normal.  Tangents.  :)   

#161 floweryriddle

• Topic Starter
  • 134 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 February 2019 - 09:47 PM

I pretty much agree with you on all points.

"All those stimulants?" I only take one. Dexedrine. My dosage has been the same for the 2 years before I went off completely, for over a year, and it's the same now that I've returned to it. I don't take breaks because once I start, taking a break means that I don't function that day, and that's not an option as people depend on me and plus responsibilities to tend to. I've had the same insight, but It's not about accepting doing less, it's about functioning or not, and not functioning isn't an option for anyone, for too long. Eventually, your general quality of life and your future and happiness suffer as a result.

When I first got put on Concerta I thought a lot about this and experimented with break days. I had a strict schedule when I took my meds and when I don’t but eventually like you said: Days when I don’t take my meds are usually very unproductive days compared to the meds days. I thought way too much about when to take it and when not, and after a while I liked the meds days so much more that I’m now constantly on it, unless it’s an occasion where I really don’t need it like when I’m traveling or chilling at the beach.
Taking breaks is possible but neither my doc advises yet nor does my work really allow it, plus Methylphenidate is fairly safe and on the market for a very long time.

@drew If I were a drug addict and my goal was to get high I’d definitely not experiement with antidepressants and just get harder drugs or eat PEA. I experiment because I’m not at my sweetspot yet. I’m getting closer to it, but not there yet. But again my only options for ADHD here in Japan are Strattera and Concerta. My doc can throw other antidepressants at me and see what sticks but other unconventional things like Selegiline or Welbutrin I would never be able to get here for it. Hell I can’t even get Guanfacine which is available, but only for children. I feel like specialists for ADHD just isn’t really a thing here yet.
The main reason why I’m taking a MAO-B inhibitor (Selegiline for now) is because it allows me to reduce my Concerta to the 2 lowest available dosages: 18mg and 27mg which is a massive win in my opinion. It’s also just in general increasing my dopamine levels which has effects even when I’m not taking stimulants.(Well, now the other reason why I take it is because it synergises so well with Phenylalanine)

Anyway cheers guys! Also really like this small focused groups. We’re all chasing the same goal and I feel like there is definitely progress here.

Edited by floweryriddle, 27 February 2019 - 09:53 PM.

#162 cat-nips

• 226 posts

Posted 24 March 2019 - 03:22 PM

hey flowery, how is the tia going?  i've now seen in mentioned for the 4th time in treatment for IBS, so I'm starting to eye it very cautiously.  hope all is well!  :)

#163 floweryriddle

• Topic Starter
  • 134 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 March 2019 - 09:57 PM

hey flowery, how is the tia going? i've now seen in mentioned for the 4th time in treatment for IBS, so I'm starting to eye it very cautiously. hope all is well! :)

Hey cat-nips! Funny timing, I had to a stop Tianeptine temporarily once again. In the 3x a day dosing it was pretty good but I noticed after a while of consistent usage that whenever I missed a dosage, my mood would be more unstable and could crash easily. Most days I took it only in the morning and after lunch, and in the evening small things could knock me out of balance. During these times, bad feelings / depressive episodes felt amplified and cranked up in volume, I would obsess over ‘not that big of a deal’ things and have a horrible time (pretty sure ADHD is contributing to the obsession part). I even started using a benzo multiple times during the week just to counter these episodes, it was pretty bad.
It took me a while to narrow this down to Tianeptine and once I stopped, my mood stabilized and went back to normal after a couple days.
Maybe it was also me cutting Strattera that added to my messy mood on top, I’m not sure but it usually happened when I missed Tia dosages and stopped when I stopped Tia so go figure.

It’s still a great antidepressant and I’m planning to give it another go with a more consistent schedule now that I’m more aware of the potential not-so-good parts, and once Strattera is completely out of my system/brain. The sulphate form is longer acting and could also be worth looking into. The things it did were very good and maybe better than the bad parts

My stack is currently MPH, Selegiline, DLPA.

Next on my personal adventure:
- Japan very recently approved Vyvanse for ADHD, but only for children. I’m gonna talk to my doc about it, but given that he didn’t even want to give me Intuniv/Guanfacine because it’s for children, I don’t have high hopes.
- Selegiline is getting replaced with Rasagiline once it arrives, mainly because Selegiline is technically scheduled here and Rasagiline seems to be more neuroprotective
- I am venturing in MAOIs for good and ordered Moclobemide. I think it’s clear to me that I have a bigger underlaying depression and with Tias success it might be worth looking into other classes of antidepressants. MAOIs are also very successful in treatment of ADHD so this looks like it’s the best next step.
I wanted a proper MAOI like Parnate or Nardil but wasn’t able to get that from any of my usual sources (if anyone knows a good source, let me know!), and most MAOIs aren’t available here for prescription unless you have parkinsons. Higher dosages of Selegiline to make it go after MAO-A as well would be another idea, but yeah the legality is still a problem so Moclobemide it is for now and see what that does.

Edited by floweryriddle, 24 March 2019 - 10:11 PM.

#164 cat-nips

• 226 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 02:06 AM

Thanks for the feedback.  I've noticed that depressive issues get more pronounced on ADHD meds for whatever reason.  It's not necessarily you or your depressive issues, but perhaps a side effect of the MPH.  The amps can cause some serious swings and crashes as well, but it's different.  You get up before going down, mainly.  Be careful with combining the MAOs, please.  You're in a lightly chartered territory there, but I'm sure you're aware of the risks. 

Vyvanse is Dexedrine, or Dextroamphetamine, but with a longer time-release mechanism.  There's a dozen different names and variants of basically two types of stims, the amps and MPH.  I guess it would be akin to the Concerta of your Ritalin, with a different prolonged time-release mechanism.  Vyvanse and I are old friends and adversaries.  Let me know if you have questions regarding Vy when/if you decide to switch.  I think it may help you a bit actually, based on the issues you've had with your current stack.  

Might start considering a small Tia dosage in the afternoon for IBS issues.  Not sure yet.  Still researching.  Don't really need another addictive substance to try to manage.

My Current Stack:

AM: 15mg Dexedrine + Turmeric  

Preworkout:  Coffee + Ashwagandha 

Afternoon:  Emoxypine + Fish Oil + rotating Racetam stack.  I usually go for just Aniracetam + Emoxypine, or Phenyl/Prami + Emoxypine.  Racetams help me think and Emoxypine seems to help with the crash and give some mild clarity and anxiety relief as well as perhaps making the racetams work better?  It took a little while for me to notice, but I've found it very useful as I've managed to cut out my afternoon stim dose for better sleep onset.  Will soon try Fasoracetam as it's currently in trials for ADHD.  

Evening: Magnesium blend of Threonate, Glycinate, Taurate

Best wishes, Cat   :)

#165 floweryriddle

• Topic Starter
  • 134 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 March 2019 - 02:20 AM

Thanks for the feedback.  I've noticed that depressive issues get more pronounced on ADHD meds for whatever reason.  It's not necessarily you or your depressive issues, but perhaps a side effect of the MPH.  The amps can cause some serious swings and crashes as well, but it's different.  You get up before going down, mainly.  Be careful with combining the MAOs, please.  You're in a lightly chartered territory there, but I'm sure you're aware of the risks. 

Vyvanse is Dexedrine, or Dextroamphetamine, but with a longer time-release mechanism.  There's a dozen different names and variants of basically two types of stims, the amps and MPH.  I guess it would be akin to the Concerta of your Ritalin, with a different prolonged time-release mechanism.  Vyvanse and I are old friends and adversaries.  Let me know if you have questions regarding Vy when/if you decide to switch.  I think it may help you a bit actually, based on the issues you've had with your current stack.  

Might start considering a small Tia dosage in the afternoon for IBS issues.  Not sure yet.  Still researching.  Don't really need another addictive substance to try to manage.

I find Tianeptine not a single bit addictive in therapeutical dosages. It sometimes feels mildly stimulating which helps for ADHD, but I never felt the urge to take more of it, or more frequently. 

But I'm also in a position where I could get most harder drugs if I wanted to, so I don't see the need to try and abuse my antidepressant. 

There is also the sulfate form which has less abuse potential but is less studied. I sticked to sodium since it's what's being used in studies and what you get when you get a prescription. 

Key is to stick to it. You won't notice immediate effects (as with any antidepressant really) besides a bit of stimulation. Just keep taking it regularly for a couple of weeks and it should subtly start improving things!

I went to my doc and talked about Vyvanse, MAOIs and what not. As expected, there is no way for me to get Vyvanse here since it's only approved for children. Japan is very strict about these things so he can't just give it to me, I'd have to wait probably 2-3 years until it becomes available for adults. MAOIs also as expected, he said are bad and not used in Japan. 

Instead he gave me an antipsychotic called Abilify to help with my mood, but the interactions with Concerta are a bit questionable and not well studied. Gonna see how that goes. 

(He also said Pemoline is still available in Japan, but when I read 'liver failure' I quickly declined) 

Edited by floweryriddle, 25 March 2019 - 02:24 AM.

• Informative x 1

#166 cat-nips

• 226 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 02:28 AM

Will keep your suggestions in mind with Tia.  :)  I've heard good things about Abilify, actually.  Never tried an AP before, but I've heard positive reports from others at least in conjunction with Amps.  Was offered it at one point, but declined because I got too scared of potential weight gain, but YMMV, of course.  Curious to see how that works out after a month or two.  Feel the same regarding Pemoline.  

Edited by cat-nips, 25 March 2019 - 02:42 AM.

#167 Clavius

• 59 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 March 2019 - 08:48 AM

I was recently diagnosed with ADHD-PI. (ASD+ADHD-PI diagnosis actually, but I myself think it's only the latter) So I recognize the lack of motivation. Actually, a few weeks back I got to try out dexedrine, and for the first time in my life I felt true unfeigned motivation at work. I did my job because I like it and I'm good at it, even the boring bits. I didn't make stupid mistakes out of inattentiveness. And my mind was so calm! I could steer my own thoughts to where I wanted them.

I was already on prescribed wellbutrin XR 150mg for 8 weeks, which doesn't really seem to do anything. Throwing the smallest available dose of 2.5mg dex-amphetamine (that I bought myself) on top of that made me feel as described. Still debating on how to continue and how to bring this to my psychiatrist.

So, currently I'm reading up on this topic. Lots of stuff already written about it on this forum!

#168 MichaelFocus22

• 331 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 March 2019 - 05:26 PM

I find Tianeptine not a single bit addictive in therapeutical dosages. It sometimes feels mildly stimulating which helps for ADHD, but I never felt the urge to take more of it, or more frequently. 

But I'm also in a position where I could get most harder drugs if I wanted to, so I don't see the need to try and abuse my antidepressant. 

There is also the sulfate form which has less abuse potential but is less studied. I sticked to sodium since it's what's being used in studies and what you get when you get a prescription. 

Key is to stick to it. You won't notice immediate effects (as with any antidepressant really) besides a bit of stimulation. Just keep taking it regularly for a couple of weeks and it should subtly start improving things!

I went to my doc and talked about Vyvanse, MAOIs and what not. As expected, there is no way for me to get Vyvanse here since it's only approved for children. Japan is very strict about these things so he can't just give it to me, I'd have to wait probably 2-3 years until it becomes available for adults. MAOIs also as expected, he said are bad and not used in Japan. 

Instead he gave me an antipsychotic called Abilify to help with my mood, but the interactions with Concerta are a bit questionable and not well studied. Gonna see how that goes. 

(He also said Pemoline is still available in Japan, but when I read 'liver failure' I quickly declined) 

1. Just remember flower just because your taking alot of different supplements doesn't necessarily mean your improving or increasing in proportional perspective. Right now, I finally got my treatment for ADD after 2 months of unholy hell and excessive testing and drug testing which to me seems absolutely unnesscary and gave a definite feeling of violation . 18 Mg concerta really didn't do anything for me at this point and interestingly enough, it seemed to decrease my testing abilities I'm not really sure how to account for this but I seem to test better off concerta. I noticed only a mild stimulation for 3 days and then it seemed to stopped working, so that remains to be seen as to when I will find the sweet spot. On the bright side I will continue to work towards developing a strong structure for my life once this semester is over. I would also be careful with stimulants like adderall, their basically the reason why the reuptake inhibitors stopped working and seemed to be as to why my life started to go into the dumps immediately afterwards which was of significant annoyance. Nonetheless I will continue, following this thread and might work towards a custom stack again once I get back into my full self improvement routine again.  Less is always more. Remember this. Just because your doing alot of supplements doesn't necessarily mean that they are working. If your taking all these supplements and stimulants they should be IMPROVING you from  your baseline functioning as close to neurotypical as possible with minimal side effects.

#169 cat-nips

• 226 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 11:33 PM

Not sure about Wellbutrin and Amps mixing so well.  I believe they have competitive mechanisms and may blunt the effects of each other somewhat.  2.5 is a low dose so perhaps it synergizes there, but when my doc tried to add on Wellbutrin to my Dexedrine, it was a fairly uncomfortable experience.  However, I've never been very comfortable on Wellbutrin, so obviously you react to it differently. 

Have heard from a few others as well that the combo isn't very symbiotic.  Just something to keep in mind.  Bring up the idea with your psych. He might go for it as the two aren't necessarily contraindicated, but from personal reports, I don't think it's a useful combo for many at standard dosages and risky at higher ones.  

@Drew: Pretty amused by the fact that every few posts you have to come on and lecture everyone to stop doing drugs, lol.  :laugh:  We all have our paths and journeys to take.  Hope all is well.  :)

#170 MichaelFocus22

• 331 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 March 2019 - 02:00 AM

Not sure about Wellbutrin and Amps mixing so well.  I believe they have competitive mechanisms and may blunt the effects of each other somewhat.  2.5 is a low dose so perhaps it synergizes there, but when my doc tried to add on Wellbutrin to my Dexedrine, it was a fairly uncomfortable experience.  However, I've never been very comfortable on Wellbutrin, so obviously you react to it differently. 

Have heard from a few others as well that the combo isn't very symbiotic.  Just something to keep in mind.  Bring up the idea with your psych. He might go for it as the two aren't necessarily contraindicated, but from personal reports, I don't think it's a useful combo for many at standard dosages and risky at higher ones.  

@Drew: Pretty amused by the fact that every few posts you have to come on and lecture everyone to stop doing drugs, lol.  :laugh:  We all have our paths and journeys to take.  Hope all is well.  :)

Hmm I'm confused I'm not lecturing him I'm simply pointed out that just because your taking alot of supplements doesn't equate to efficiency. This is also speaking from experience, I've experimented with many types of noorotropics. Also you need to be very careful, that it can lead to a slippery slope of taking every drug imaginable simply under the guise of higher efficiency when in reality you might be looking to get high. Again, I'm sure he isn't doing that but just observations which are almost always right. I'm doing ok thanks forn asking, just finishing up my sophmore year and looking for the sweet spot. I'm currently on 18 mg concerta but will probably bump it back up to 27mg so we will see how that goes. Yes, my life could still be WAAY more amazing than it is right now but that's another story.

#171 floweryriddle

• Topic Starter
  • 134 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 April 2019 - 05:26 AM

Thanks for your opinion Drew and hope you're doing ok. As cat-nips wrote, everyone here has their own path and seems to make informed decisions, so I don't see anything wrong with it and don't plan to stop anytime soon. 

Again, if I wanted to get high I would just get harder drugs and not chase random supplements. 

For your Concerta, that's the dosage I am still on right now as well. 27mg on most days, when I have less stuff to do 18mg. 

An update from my side: 

I replaced Selegiline with Rasagiline successfully and it seems to be doing it's job just fine. I still have some sort of stimulation after taking it, but it's far from as strong as Selegiline (due to it's amphetamine metabolites) was. 

During my transition I had a couple days / a week(?) or so break and right away noticed that Concerta got stronger when I started Rasagiline. Seems to be a very potent MAO-B inhibitor. 

Abilify - this stuff is weird. It boosts my impulsiveness but the crazy thing? I think it's actually working. The first times I took it (2mg), it almost knocked me out. A couple days later I actually felt like I want to go up and do things. I felt a lot more social, more talkative and all in all in a better headspace. 

Side effects I didn't notice anything when taking with Concerta besides that my appetite is through the roof. I could eat and eat and eat and still be hungry. Weight gain is listed as a common side effect but from my experience in the little time I had, that seems to come from the boosted hunger. I made sure to keep working out and sticked to my fasting schedule and didn't notice any weight gain so far. 

My Moclobemide arrived as well but with the success I had with Abilify I didn't bother touching it yet. 

All in all my verdict on Abilify - this is one of the better substances for the motivation issue (together with Concerta) I tried so far. Would recommend giving it a go. 

There is a successor to Abilify called Brexpiprazole (https://en.m.wikiped...i/Brexpiprazole). It acts less on dopamine and more on serotonin from the looks of it so I'm not sure how relevant for ADHD it is but nevertheless interesting. 

Besides that, my stack currently looks like this:

- Concerta 18mg/27mg

- Rasagiline 0.5mg 

- Abilify 2mg 

- Sometimes DLPA in the morning

Moclobemide is still on my list. If Abilify poops out after the month trial I might talk about Brexpiprazole with my doc or start a Moclobemide test-month. 

#172 MichaelFocus22

• 331 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 April 2019 - 12:59 AM

Thanks for your opinion Drew and hope you're doing ok. As cat-nips wrote, everyone here has their own path and seems to make informed decisions, so I don't see anything wrong with it and don't plan to stop anytime soon. 

Again, if I wanted to get high I would just get harder drugs and not chase random supplements. 

For your Concerta, that's the dosage I am still on right now as well. 27mg on most days, when I have less stuff to do 18mg. 

An update from my side: 

I replaced Selegiline with Rasagiline successfully and it seems to be doing it's job just fine. I still have some sort of stimulation after taking it, but it's far from as strong as Selegiline (due to it's amphetamine metabolites) was. 

During my transition I had a couple days / a week(?) or so break and right away noticed that Concerta got stronger when I started Rasagiline. Seems to be a very potent MAO-B inhibitor. 

Abilify - this stuff is weird. It boosts my impulsiveness but the crazy thing? I think it's actually working. The first times I took it (2mg), it almost knocked me out. A couple days later I actually felt like I want to go up and do things. I felt a lot more social, more talkative and all in all in a better headspace. 

Side effects I didn't notice anything when taking with Concerta besides that my appetite is through the roof. I could eat and eat and eat and still be hungry. Weight gain is listed as a common side effect but from my experience in the little time I had, that seems to come from the boosted hunger. I made sure to keep working out and sticked to my fasting schedule and didn't notice any weight gain so far. 

My Moclobemide arrived as well but with the success I had with Abilify I didn't bother touching it yet. 

All in all my verdict on Abilify - this is one of the better substances for the motivation issue (together with Concerta) I tried so far. Would recommend giving it a go. 

There is a successor to Abilify called Brexpiprazole (https://en.m.wikiped...i/Brexpiprazole). It acts less on dopamine and more on serotonin from the looks of it so I'm not sure how relevant for ADHD it is but nevertheless interesting. 

Besides that, my stack currently looks like this:

- Concerta 18mg/27mg

- Rasagiline 0.5mg 

- Abilify 2mg 

- Sometimes DLPA in the morning

Moclobemide is still on my list. If Abilify poops out after the month trial I might talk about Brexpiprazole with my doc or start a Moclobemide test-month. 

1.  I'm doing fine, I'm just in the process of having to fix another one of my stupid decisions by taking in a stupid loser roommat who couldn't pay his fucking bills and then I have to hold the liability for it. So this is just another example, of me making a poor decision that cost me literally thousands of dollars. So I'll be going  to small claims court and then probably filing a police report to really fuck this dude over.  So, just more shit that I have to fix but my semester seems to be going fairly well as of right now.  I may end up actually pulling a higher gpa than what I did last semester, with less units. Which is fairly interesting to say the least.  Anyways, I currently have more medication than I know what to do with. I actually suffer from a reluctance in wanting to take it anyways, simply because I don't really enjoy emotionally lobotomizing myself but then again, I want to actually live up to my potential? So tradeoffs but I've already come to terms with it at this point. It's just annoying that I'm incapable of living a truly normal life without something TOTALLY avoidable from happening simply because of retarded decisions and poor planning into the future which is what DR. Barkley indicates as one of the many impairments of executive functions in ADHD. So their, is the that as well.  I'm currently taking 18 MG concerta but find the 27 mg to not do very much for me. I literally feeling nothing or no improved executive abilities but on 18 it seems to be more potent which is fairly interesting.

2. I've contemplated adding seleginline but I don't really care to make myself a medicated zombie. I'm only medication because I HAVE to not because I want to. I personally hate taking it but as is life. I'm still experimenting with dieting and would like to improve it as some point or another. I find that when I eat badly my impulsive goes way up for some reason and I'm incapable of executing as efficiently with or without meds, which is very very strange. When I don't eat too much my focus is way better and I can actually sustain my focus without having to get up and roam around back in forth. Another interesting thing, I'm noticing is that, I broadcast my thoughts too much and other people overhear, so I'm learning to shut my mouth more so less people overhear me talking out-loud which is a bad habit. I'm also working on learning to mimic neurotypicals even more because I have a tendency to to standout to much and it really doesn't help with politics or being able to manage social groups effectively.  So I definitely need work on all those aspects. I currently go 3-4-3-4 so there is that as well. 

3. I'm not saying your wanting to get high but rather it could be a manifestation OF wanting to CHASE  feeling which you might not be aware of as a high feeling. Secondly, I'm simply stating that often the more supplements you take the higher prospentity you will have diminishing returns for that as well. Often times, the less supplements you do the more effective your regimens will be. Also, I heavily reccomend investigating into a vigorious diet that is absolutely organic and fresh. I'm starting to take my diet much more seriously, because I can tell when my FOCUS is ADD and when it's BAD ADD focus. So foods can also be a contributing factor to that as well. I'd like to definietly take on a specialized ADHD diet as soon as I start making enough money. Keep us updated, I'm always looking for ways to maximize my treatment.

#173 CWF1986

• 224 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 09:45 AM

I think I've had enough time to evaluate my current combination and dosages.

Pharm.

*Nortriptyline 150mg- This is great for anxiety and helps with depression.  It also makes me much more clear headed and once I'm on a task I can stay on task.  It also helps me gather my thoughts.  It also helps with working and short term memory.  It does little to nothing for motivation by itself.

*Bupropion 300mg- This helps a great deal with motivation and initiative.  I just feel lighter and have more spring in my step.  It also lifts my mood and I can more enjoy the simple things in life so to speak.  It does nothing to help with anxiety, but it doesn't increase anxiety either.  The nort. helps enough with that.  It doesn't do much for the cognitive symptoms that nort. helps a lot with.  It also helps reduce my appetite.

The two sides that bother me with this combo are dry mouth and unsteady hands.  The dry mouth is easily solved with biotene lozenges every couple of hours or so.  I just put up with the shakiness because it's still worth the anxiety, depression, and adhd symptoms.  

I actually like having the bupropion instead of the adderall much more.  The bupropion doesn't give me the laser beam focus that adderall gives but that much focus isn't really necessary.  It works about as well as the adderall for motivation.  I don't get the "paralysis by analysis" that adderall would sometimes do to me.  I also get along with people better with bupropion.  And who would of thought that bupropion antidepressant lifts me out of depression :)

I would bet that a combination of atomoxetine and bupropion would give similar benefits.  I bet the atomoxetine would have fewer sides than nortriptyline for most people and might help even more for focus and gathering one's thoughts. 

Non-Pharm

adrafinil 600mg-  I save this for when I can't get enough sleep and also when I know I'll have a tough day ahead.  It helps energize me, but still lets me relax when I want to.  If I can't get enough sleep it helps with the symptoms of sleep deprivation a lot.  I've started working graveyard shifts and the adrafinil was extremely helpful getting adjusted to this.  It does reduce my appetite. 

fasoracetam 20mg-  I use this when I know that I need learn and memorize anything from physical skills to the more academic as well.  It helps me be more clear headed without any stimulant feel to it.  

Hopefully I didn't provide too much info.  I hope everyone's doing alright :)

• Informative x 1

#174 Keizo

• 483 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 April 2019 - 11:28 AM

Also, I heavily reccomend investigating into a vigorious diet that is absolutely organic and fresh. I'm starting to take my diet much more seriously, because I can tell when my FOCUS is ADD and when it's BAD ADD focus. So foods can also be a contributing factor to that as well. I'd like to definietly take on a specialized ADHD diet as soon as I start making enough money. Keep us updated, I'm always looking for ways to maximize my treatment.

So the diet should be organic because.....we don't want a bunch of magnesium or mercury filling our brains? 

#175 floweryriddle

• Topic Starter
  • 134 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 April 2019 - 05:21 AM

I found a new guineapig. I talked with a friend which I am without a doubt sure that he has ADHD. For personal reasons he can't go to a doc to get medicine and asked me for advise, knowing that I am fighting with the same motivation issues that he has. 

I evaluated what worked for me and gave him Selegiline for a trial as the first step, to see if the amph metabolites and increased DOPA activity is helping with restlessness and focus. So far so good, motivation jumped up and focus increased but it might just be the honeymoon phase. 

Starting with 5mg, but if that doesn't work my plan was to increase the dosage based on the study 'Selegiline in Comparison with Methylphenidate in Treatment of Adults with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder: A Double-blind, Randomized Trial'. Selegiline isn't scheduled where he lives so it might be a worthwhile stimulant replacement. 

Selegiline significantly improved symptoms of adult ADHD and was well tolerated by participants of this study. It is as effective as methylphenidate in the treatment of adults with ADHD. As Selegiline has anti depressive effects, it can especially be used in adults with ADHD who suffer from comorbidity of mood disorders. 

Selegiline can be a good alternative medication for the treatment of ADHD

Next steps I am not sure yet, waiting for results first. But maybe adding a low dosage of DLPA seems harmless enough. 

If you guys have other gentle ideas, please let me know! He definitely wants to fight this but isn't as ready to try things as we here are. 

#176 MichaelFocus22

• 331 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 April 2019 - 07:06 PM

27 MG Concerta has proven to be useless as far as I'm concerned, I toke 2 and it's also done nothing which from my perspective, is very strange. 18 MG is significantly more effective yet I have no real mechanism to explain the opposite case of effectiveness.. So Strange.

#177 jacobjerondin

• 134 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 April 2019 - 05:11 AM

I've been following this thread with a lot of interest for a while now and have three novel ideas to suggest to y'all. I don't personally have ADHD I don't think but I could def use more motivation and hedonic reward from working hard on things that aren't enjoyable in the moment. I tend to have a serious lack of discipline when it comes to non urgent but important things which definitely has caused me to miss out on important opportunities.

I don't have a lot of time to explain them in detail right now so y'all gotta do your own research on these.

1) Fenozolone and/or thozalinone. These are highly interesting atypical stimulants that really boost my motivation, drive, social acumen, and general interest in life without any of the anxiety or comedown I get from basically every other stim. They're prescribed in other parts of the world but are available from NewMind here in the U.S. The only problem with them is that they really strongly suppress appetite and they last absolutely forever so you'll have a bit of difficulty falling asleep.

If anyone is interested, I got a ton of thozalinone from NewMind and am looking to sell some of mine because I have more than I need right now. It's subtle but powerful, especially in higher doses.

2) Psychedelic microdosing. The best option would be ALD-52 because it's smoother than LSD and available online quasi legally. This stuff is super magical in that you simply realize the important stuff you should be doing in your life and enjoy doing it, in my experience. I think salvia and perhaps 5-meo-mipt look very promising too.

3) Low dose amisulpride with some noots to suppress the prolactin increase, such as vitamin b6 (p5p), vitamin e, a little DHEA, occasionally mucuna pruriens (15-20% L-DOPA only, no more). Even with those supplements the prolactin increase might be noticeable after a while so be careful.

Don't take selegiline, it won't work long term as I understand things and may very well make things worse. It doesn't work nearly as well as traditional stims do on its own over time.

#178 MichaelFocus22

• 331 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 April 2019 - 01:36 PM

I've been following this thread with a lot of interest for a while now and have three novel ideas to suggest to y'all. I don't personally have ADHD I don't think but I could def use more motivation and hedonic reward from working hard on things that aren't enjoyable in the moment. I tend to have a serious lack of discipline when it comes to non urgent but important things which definitely has caused me to miss out on important opportunities.

I don't have a lot of time to explain them in detail right now so y'all gotta do your own research on these.

1) Fenozolone and/or thozalinone. These are highly interesting atypical stimulants that really boost my motivation, drive, social acumen, and general interest in life without any of the anxiety or comedown I get from basically every other stim. They're prescribed in other parts of the world but are available from NewMind here in the U.S. The only problem with them is that they really strongly suppress appetite and they last absolutely forever so you'll have a bit of difficulty falling asleep.

If anyone is interested, I got a ton of thozalinone from NewMind and am looking to sell some of mine because I have more than I need right now. It's subtle but powerful, especially in higher doses.

2) Psychedelic microdosing. The best option would be ALD-52 because it's smoother than LSD and available online quasi legally. This stuff is super magical in that you simply realize the important stuff you should be doing in your life and enjoy doing it, in my experience. I think salvia and perhaps 5-meo-mipt look very promising too.

3) Low dose amisulpride with some noots to suppress the prolactin increase, such as vitamin b6 (p5p), vitamin e, a little DHEA, occasionally mucuna pruriens (15-20% L-DOPA only, no more). Even with those supplements the prolactin increase might be noticeable after a while so be careful.

Don't take selegiline, it won't work long term as I understand things and may very well make things worse. It doesn't work nearly as well as traditional stims do on its own over time.

1. I've looked into those psychostimulants and the literature is skant at best. Provide more comprehensive literature and scientific backrounds before you go give mild suggestions within that capacity. Next, if you do have ADHD it will be plainly obvious.  Are you capable of planning into the future? Can you sustain your focus for a boring task for hours on end consistently for a delayed gratification of a goal? Do you have chronic thoughts clouding your mind of every second of every moment? Do you have the tendency to abuse things or have addictive tendencies?  I find it strange that you would be self-medicating if you are a neurotypical because in theory you would have all the neurotransmitters you would need to achieve any possible outcome or desired goal. Can you do what you KNow consistently? If not, then you might have it but the only way to know is to get tested. My test showed my auditory processing was profoundly disturbed apparently and I wasn't even aware of it.  In relation to microdosing psychedelic it seems placebo at best and is probably useless unless it addresses grievances at the point of performance. This is my new understanding of nootropics. Theirs no point in taking all these random supplements and things without seeing some-type of increase at  the point of performance within one capacity or another. If you having issues with motivation, then I  expect a milligram dose of x to produce a consistent effect of y on z task. If it does not meet that criteria then it's useless.  Every issue, that we all are battling whether from ADHD to something else has some capacity to do with under-performances of the brain. Some from a quantitative perspective, it's probably useful to keep metric tracks of those areas of points of performance. 

#179 floweryriddle

• Topic Starter
  • 134 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 April 2019 - 11:29 PM

Thanks for joining in! I never heard of these stimulants, but a quick google told me that they are somewhat related to Pemoline which is the one associated with liver failure. Still worth looking into though

Microdosing is from what I gathered last time I checked not sustainable. At least for LSD, tolerance builds extremely fast even with microdoses.
Then of course the big question about what the long term implications are. We know close to nothing about microdosing and it could seriously mess things in your brain up.
I am very curious though. Everyone that tripped before knows that LSD especially has crazy potential so I can see it being an extremely useful tool.

Selegiline has been in my experience still one of the most effective things I tried.
I wouldn't compare it to a stimulant since they're completely different categories (besides the amph metabolites), but if we think that ADHD has something to do with dopamine, knocking out MAO-B would leave you with more of it.
Selegiline is also neuroprotective and contributes to longevity. It's just in general a really good substance

I have an update to my Abilify: The side effects slowly out-weigh the benefits andI decided to drop it.
I started having muscle soreness in my legs which also woke me up at night pretty often and my sleep quality dropped.
I have a never ending appetite. I can eat and eat and eat and still want more. Not that bad but annoying to control.
Then the restless-ness, oh man. I have so much more energy, but nowhere to put it. I'm also so much more impulsive.
Yesterday was bad, my mental impulsiveness was out of control. My thoughts would flip flop between polar opposites and I felt like I had no control.
So yeah, Abilify was great because it really did help with motivation and made me more social, but after yesterday I think I no longer feel comfortable continuing it.

With Abilify out, I'm planning to start a low dosage of Moclobemide (150mg) and see what my doc has to say.

Update to my friend: Still in selegiline honeymoon. Started noticing that its easier to stop distractions and go back what he is supposed to do. It's also easier to get up and finally start doing things.

Edited by floweryriddle, 18 April 2019 - 11:36 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#180 MichaelFocus22

• 331 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 April 2019 - 04:46 PM

Thanks for joining in! I never heard of these stimulants, but a quick google told me that they are somewhat related to Pemoline which is the one associated with liver failure. Still worth looking into though

Microdosing is from what I gathered last time I checked not sustainable. At least for LSD, tolerance builds extremely fast even with microdoses.
Then of course the big question about what the long term implications are. We know close to nothing about microdosing and it could seriously mess things in your brain up.
I am very curious though. Everyone that tripped before knows that LSD especially has crazy potential so I can see it being an extremely useful tool.

Selegiline has been in my experience still one of the most effective things I tried.
I wouldn't compare it to a stimulant since they're completely different categories (besides the amph metabolites), but if we think that ADHD has something to do with dopamine, knocking out MAO-B would leave you with more of it.
Selegiline is also neuroprotective and contributes to longevity. It's just in general a really good substance

I have an update to my Abilify: The side effects slowly out-weigh the benefits andI decided to drop it.
I started having muscle soreness in my legs which also woke me up at night pretty often and my sleep quality dropped.
I have a never ending appetite. I can eat and eat and eat and still want more. Not that bad but annoying to control.
Then the restless-ness, oh man. I have so much more energy, but nowhere to put it. I'm also so much more impulsive.
Yesterday was bad, my mental impulsiveness was out of control. My thoughts would flip flop between polar opposites and I felt like I had no control.
So yeah, Abilify was great because it really did help with motivation and made me more social, but after yesterday I think I no longer feel comfortable continuing it.

With Abilify out, I'm planning to start a low dosage of Moclobemide (150mg) and see what my doc has to say.

Update to my friend: Still in selegiline honeymoon. Started noticing that its easier to stop distractions and go back what he is supposed to do. It's also easier to get up and finally start doing things.

1. Yes, Lsd micro-dosing is nonesense, I just had a dude yesterday want me to do some for some random reason. Was pretty fun because they always seem to implicate the notion that I'm some type of druggy which is funny really. If you really want enlightenment then do things that will enlighten you. You don't need LSD to get to those next levels of understanding unless your neurotypical and have bad capacity for creativity which doesn't seem to be the issue in your case.  Anyways, I've noticed you keep mentioning selegiline, what are it's purposes exactly? I find that when I eat a clean diet. I'm pretty decent with my work but the concerta seems to have negligible effect at this point tbh. Then again, I had awful anxiety dancing yesterday was pretty frustrating.  Anyways,  if you have lots of energy just exercize like a machine and do exercise until your exhausted. My issue is I have thoughts that go in my head for hours and hours almost like obsessive thoughts that won't go away and CBT, doesn't do much for it. Almost to the point that it hurts my head. So I'm still in the process of working on this as well. 

2. In relationship to the medication efficiency, I don't think it'll really get much better until the FDA or doctors actually design drugs that target the areas more specifically target the area of point of performance without effecting the rest of the brain. Then again, we don't even have that level of the understanding of the brain yet, we is very frustrating because I'd like to live a normal life already. It's frustrating because one day I have amazing social then I'll say something dumb and then I'm becoming aware of it then the next day the meds lobotomize me. It's two very stark realities that one has to come to terms with I suppose. I'm hoping there is a better way. It seems unclear at this point, that one has to choose.  Then again going broke with impulsiivty is no good either. Keep me updated on selegiline.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: adhd, methylphenidate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users