mono diet cornflakes milk cereal

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic
⌛⇒ support MITOMOUSE via LongeCity!

#31 dlewis1453

• 31 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 September 2019 - 08:37 PM

No, I am talking about the actual product that exists. It just happens to be named after the classic movie.  See their website: https://soylent.com/

It is a meal replacement powder and beverage that can be mixed with milk or water and is supposed to come with 100% of your daily nutritional needs. 

• Informative x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. [] To go ad-free join as a Member.

#32 TempBannedNotComingBack

• Topic Starter
  • 503 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 07:39 PM

My apologies, I mistook you for a troll.

I had a look at the product and it does look like it covers all of the essential nutrients. Assuming those nutrients are bioavailabile and can be absorbed and used by the body for their required purpose, I don’t see any reason why one couldn’t live off it and be perfectly healthy.

However the use of genetically modified soy as the protein source and the use of artificial sweetener sucralose would be a concern, as they haven’t been consumed by humans for centuries to know what impact they might have upon their health.

Regardless it is a very interesting product (though expensive to live off), and would be interesting to see the experiments of people who have tried living off of it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mono diet, cornflakes, milk, cereal

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users