Cornflake + milk only diet for life - Serious, need feedback on macronutrients

mono diet cornflakes milk cereal

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 dlewis1453

• 151 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 September 2019 - 08:37 PM

No, I am talking about the actual product that exists. It just happens to be named after the classic movie.  See their website: https://soylent.com/

It is a meal replacement powder and beverage that can be mixed with milk or water and is supposed to come with 100% of your daily nutritional needs. 

• Informative x 1

#32 Mr Serendipity

• Topic Starter
  • 982 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 September 2019 - 07:39 PM

My apologies, I mistook you for a troll.

I had a look at the product and it does look like it covers all of the essential nutrients. Assuming those nutrients are bioavailabile and can be absorbed and used by the body for their required purpose, I don’t see any reason why one couldn’t live off it and be perfectly healthy.

However the use of genetically modified soy as the protein source and the use of artificial sweetener sucralose would be a concern, as they haven’t been consumed by humans for centuries to know what impact they might have upon their health.

Regardless it is a very interesting product (though expensive to live off), and would be interesting to see the experiments of people who have tried living off of it.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for NUTRITION to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 Mr Serendipity

• Topic Starter
  • 982 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 January 2020 - 02:18 AM

Who the hell wants to eat cornflakes for the rest of their life.

This must have been the stupidest thread I've ever made.

#34 Amira L.

• Registrant
  • 17 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 October 2020 - 04:50 PM

Off topic, but what are the supplements that work miracles for you? If you don't mind sharing...

I was wondering too! 

#35 Mr Serendipity

• Topic Starter
  • 982 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 October 2020 - 05:21 PM

I was wondering too! 

I shared it in the next post after this question, though my stack has changed since then.

However if I pick my favourite supplements lately:

Good Multivitamin

Selenium

DMAE

NAC

Selenium is a big one though. Great for my thyroid, daytime tiredness, and increasing glutathione levels in the brain. My multivitamin only has 30mcg, so I take another 100mcg from another supplement, so in total I take 130mcg even though the RDA is 200mcg (I hope I get topped up the rest in diet). NAC also helps increase glutathione levels, however if you take NAC alone you may exacerbate selenium deficiency if you have one. That seemed to be my case when I took everything for good health and immune system under the sun (vit c, d, e, b complex, ginger, NAC, and some other stuff) and would still end up getting sick. But it was most evident when I got covid and took the longest to recover and had the most severe symptoms out of my wife and father, and covid severity and selenium deficiency has been linked.

I also remember since I added selenium, I once got absolutely hammered drunk, half a bottle of souther comfort, and the next day I had 0 hangover, which I assume is due to the increased glutathione levels in the brain. I’ve drunk plenty of water before bed after getting pissed before, and it’s never got rid of a hangover 100% until then.

Edited by Jesus is King, 09 October 2020 - 05:23 PM.

#36 OlderThanThou2

• Registrant
  • 120 posts

Posted 10 October 2020 - 11:04 AM

As pamojja's chart posted in post 13, your calcium was through the roof, and the calcium/magnesium terrible, and you take no K2. If I were you I'd me s*** scared of calcification. Me thinks you're good for a decalcification program now.

• Agree x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mono diet, cornflakes, milk, cereal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users