• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Anyone taking Rapamycin for anti-aging here on this forum?

rapamycin

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 RichardAlan

• 75 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 December 2018 - 02:51 AM

Interested to hear if this is becoming popular now.  From what I understand a dose of a few mg once a week is probably a good dose for anti-aging.

#2 angie4life

• 6 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 06:31 PM

Hi,

My 10 year old pup and I have been taking 1.25 mg weekly for the past month; no problems at all at this very low dose.

• Informative x 1

#3 RichardAlan

• Topic Starter
  • 75 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 December 2018 - 11:19 PM

Hi,

My 10 year old pup and I have been taking 1.25 mg weekly for the past month; no problems at all at this very low dose.

How did you decide on the dosage to give your pup?  I thought that Rapamycin was only really effective in mid to late age, what made you decide to give it to your puppy?  Also can you tell me where you are buying it from? 

#4 angie4life

• 6 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 11:59 PM

Haha, yes , I call her a pup, but she's a 10.5 year old chow chow.  I get my Rapamycin, Metformin, Low Dose Naltrexone, and Naturethroid thyroid medication from Anti-Aging Systems.  I've ordered various products from them over the years and have always found their products to be high quality , and the company dependable.

Their rapamycin (RapaPro) is designed specifically for preventative purposes, as the suggested dosage is to take one quarter, one half, or one table per week(1.25mg to 5mg,) as directed by your physician, so I've been taking a quarter tablet so far.

• Good Point x 2
  • Informative x 1

#5 RichardAlan

• Topic Starter
  • 75 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 December 2018 - 09:22 AM

Thanks Angie, I'm interested in those other meds you mentioned. The low dose Naltrexone and Naturethroid thyroid.  Are those specifically for some condition you have or are they generally recommended for anti-aging?  I'm starting out researching all that's available so would like to learn as much as possible. 

#6 BioHacker=Life

• 249 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 05:54 AM

I just started taking it but don't think i'll see anything for weeks. I mean this stuff takes time right?

• Agree x 1

#7 VP.

• 498 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 09:58 PM

Almost two years now. No problems and weight loss is the most telling effect. 4mg/wk 58 yo. 

#8 angie4life

• 6 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 11:50 PM

My 10.5 year old Chow Chow and have been taking 1.25 mg of Rapamycin weekly for two months . The dog weighs 50 lbs and I weigh 106 lbs . No problems for either of us , so thinking of upping the dose a titch .

#9 RichardAlan

• Topic Starter
  • 75 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 January 2019 - 03:08 AM

Almost two years now. No problems and weight loss is the most telling effect. 4mg/wk 58 yo. 

Were you able to get it from your doctor through a prescription or did you buy from another source? I'm interested in taking it but not sure how to approach my physician to ask for a prescription.  I'm pretty sure my doctor has never heard of using this for anti-aging. 

I just started taking it but don't think i'll see anything for weeks. I mean this stuff takes time right?

Can you tell me where you got it from?  Did you find a doctor that could prescribe for you?

Can you tell me where you got it from?  Did you find a doctor that could prescribe for you?

#10 BioHacker=Life

• 249 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 10:48 AM

Were you able to get it from your doctor through a prescription or did you buy from another source? I'm interested in taking it but not sure how to approach my physician to ask for a prescription.  I'm pretty sure my doctor has never heard of using this for anti-aging. 

I just bought it online. It wasn't cheap but I figured it was worth it.

• Agree x 1

#11 VP.

• 498 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 05:44 PM

I used Dr. Alan Green in New York. https://rapamycintherapy.com/

You can get in from India too without a prescription but I doubt that you could get it into the Oz. 

• like x 1

#12 malbecman

• 733 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 06:24 PM

Some users have used dropshipmd from India and just ordered a whole yrs supply at once.

https://www.dropship...om/buy/rapacan/

• Agree x 2
  • like x 1

#13 RichardAlan

• Topic Starter
  • 75 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 January 2019 - 07:28 AM

I used Dr. Alan Green in New York. https://rapamycintherapy.com/

You can get in from India too without a prescription but I doubt that you could get it into the Oz. 

Thanks,  yeah I want to do everything above board so sounds like I will probably have to search out a doctor who can give me help and advice. 

#14 Vivacious1

• 13 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 September 2019 - 02:21 AM

Hi. Are you taking 4mg at one dose?  With or without food? Have you noticed any improvement in vision, nail/hair health, energy level, digestion, memory or mood? Have you played with the dose at all or stuck with 4mg (presumed) once weekly for the two years?  Do you mind sharing your weight and gender? Thank you so much!

Edited by Vivacious1, 06 September 2019 - 02:21 AM.

• Good Point x 1

#15 VP.

• 498 posts

Posted 01 November 2019 - 06:27 PM

I am taking 4 mg all at once every 10 days now. No food. No improvement in vision but steady at 20/15. I still need reading glasses but no decrease in near vision the last three years. Not noticed anything with nails but they are healthy. I have had significant growth in hair on the top of my head and the person who cuts my hair says it is growing in thicker since starting rapamycin. This was her unsolicited opinion a year and half  ago. The hair restoration on the top of my head started this summer after doing a dose of Dasatinib/quercetin in April. (200/2000mg) I thought I would retry some 4 year old Rogain I had in the closet that did not work for me earlier so had I stopped it. Works great now. I started at 3 mg/week rapa and I have played around with the dose over the years. I'm 6' 2" , 174 pound 58 year old male. No significant change in memory or mood with rapamycin but I did have a significant change with both after D&Q. Better energy with rapamycin but much better with D&Q. Also greatly improved balance with D&Q, I was not expecting that. 

Edited by VP., 01 November 2019 - 06:32 PM.

• Informative x 1

#16 adamh

• 1,033 posts

Posted 01 November 2019 - 07:39 PM

I started taking it less than 2 months ago. 185 lb, 6' 2" male 70. I got it from aas, am taking 1/4 of the 5 mg tab per week, 1.25 mg. After 2 days I got a tiny sore in the roof of the mouth, going into the 4th week I developed a rash on my arms. It was tiny red dots each seemed to surround a hair follicle. This then spread over the abdomen.

The mouth sore went away after a week and never returned. The rash went away after I quit taking it and 17 days after the 4th dose I restarted and no problems so far. I am very surprised to see that much effect since it was a minimal dose. Also, aas recently said their product was underdosed so if thats correct my 1.25 mg was actually about 0.8 mg which should have little to no effect. But if quality control was that bad then maybe I got an overdosed batch?  I will not buy from them again.

The positive effects so far include a feeling of being stronger, muscles feel more solid, mood is good. Arthritis bothers me less. After the pause the discomfort started back up and now seems to be going down again. I have purchased recently rapamycin powder from alibaba, yes I know, you can't trust the chinese but the company had a good rep so I took the plunge. Cost $131 for a gram of powder supposedly 99%. Came quickly, looks like a fine grained white powder.

I plan to dissolve it into bacardi 151 proof since it does not dissolve in water. I can then measure it out with a pipette and can easily get an accurate measurement. Mixing it with powders is risky because you will get hot spots. No other obvious changes but its early yet, I was surprised to see as much happen as I did. Hopefully long term will be even better

• Informative x 1

#17 poonja

• 111 posts

Posted 01 November 2019 - 09:49 PM

Are you referring to aas.com.   It appears they offer everolimus and not sirolimus/rapamycin.

#18 adamh

• 1,033 posts

Posted 02 November 2019 - 06:06 PM

They were selling rapamycin then they were out of it. Not sure what they are offering right now

#19 poonja

• 111 posts

Posted 02 November 2019 - 08:05 PM

Tabs of varying strength.

#20 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 April 2021 - 11:50 AM

I take it I notice a decrease in energy usage and supply. But better overall mood.

I wonder can studying pregnancy /fetuses be key to understanding aging since they dont age while unborn , do they?

Edited by kurdishfella, 02 April 2021 - 11:51 AM.

#21 Thingsvarious

• 92 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 07:21 PM

I am taking 8mg per week. Have been doing for 2 years now. Source: German pharmacy  (Rapamune)

#22 ozzieme

• 3 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 April 2021 - 12:54 AM

Hi I use 4mg capsules from http://rapamycin.store/ once weekly with food, used them a number of times to get rapamycin for a few family members. 

Have tried a number of sources in the past but this one is good.

I want to try 6mg I have asked them to make this and they said they would look into it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rapamycin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users