• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Which multivitamin do you take

• Please log in to reply
217 replies to this topic

Poll: Which multivitamin do you take (330 member(s) have cast votes)

Which multivitamin do you take

1. AOR Ortho-Core (80 votes [24.77%])

Percentage of vote: 24.77%

2. Life Extension Mix (49 votes [15.17%])

Percentage of vote: 15.17%

3. Now Foods ADAM or EVE (38 votes [11.76%])

Percentage of vote: 11.76%

4. NSI Synergy range (10 votes [3.10%])

Percentage of vote: 3.10%

5. Perque Lifegueard (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. Optimum Nutrition Opti multivitamin (7 votes [2.17%])

Percentage of vote: 2.17%

7. Pioneer 1+ (4 votes [1.24%])

Percentage of vote: 1.24%

8. Multivit-Rx (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

9. Dr. Weil's Multi's (2 votes [0.62%])

Percentage of vote: 0.62%

10. Other (133 votes [41.18%])

Percentage of vote: 41.18%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#211 J. Galt

• 125 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 10:02 AM

NSI Synergy NeuroPower= best overall brain support I've found at anywhere near this price.

#212 strake

• 17 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 11:04 PM

AOR Ortho Core, 2/3 dose.

The price is absurd but I can't find anything even close in quality of formula. I was sick of poisoning myself (pun!) with cheap crap. Plus, it can be bought from the local pharmacy.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#213 John2009

• 110 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 01:23 AM

I currently use Nature Made Multi 50+ without Iron. I'm not 50 yet, but I just like the 50+ formulation. This formulation has the USP seal for what that is worth. It's conveniently available at retail outlets and they often have buy one get one sales which makes it a good deal.

http://www.naturemad...sp?productid=41

Ingredients / Supplement facts:
http://www.naturemad...Multi50A372.jpg

I would like to see less vitamin A (perhaps half), or see the vitamin A either replaced with beta carotene or mixed with it at a ratio of 1/3 vitamin A and 2/3 beta carotene. More vitamin D3 would also be desirable.

I was looking for a decent cost effective multi without iron that did not have huge dosages and this is what I wound up taking. I prefer a supplement that does not use bovine ingredients in the gelatin or tablet binders.

Years ago I took life extension mix but I only took 2/3 the recommended dose, I took 3 tabs in the morning and 3 tabs at night (I think the recommended dose was 9 tabs per day). Back when I used life extension mix, I took the LEM powder for awhile before switching to the tabs. Looking back on it, I did not measure the powder that accurately (I just heaped it on a regular kitchen table spoon) so I may have been taking too much at that time.

My present view is that formulations like LEM go overboard on the dosages and I stick with *around* 100% RDA for most vitamins and minerals (except for D3). I take 2000 IU of nature made D3 every day (white tabs) in addition to the 400 IU of D3 in the multi.

#214 Justchill

• 315 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 11:16 AM

Vimmortal is out, and you should all be taking it :)

Posted Image

So.. I've read this thread through and don't know what's best. I'm now taking Now Foods ADAM 1 / day.

Vimmortal... 55$ for 1 month? seriously?

#215 Justchill

• 315 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 12:15 PM

Also, what do you think of this one:

http://www.vitaminec...ngredienten.php

#216 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 12:28 PM

Also, what do you think of this one:

http://www.vitaminec...ngredienten.php

The Foliumzuur is the wrong form of the vitamin for a general supplement. It does no good for the 50% of the population with th MTHFR polymorphism, who would benefit from methyl folate instead. The levels of other B vitamins are several times the RDA, which is at best of little benefit, and may be harmful to sensitive individuals.

Most of the vitamin E appears to be the wrong form for optimal health, and the D3 levels are much lower than is not believed to be optimum, especially for those living in a northerly climate.

#217 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 04:20 PM

So.. I've read this thread through and don't know what's best. I'm now taking Now Foods ADAM 1 / day.

Vimmortal... 55$ for 1 month? seriously?

If you are a Member for this non-profit organization, it is only $25 with a member discount code.

Interested in being a member? See here:
http://www.imminst.org/join

A

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#218 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,036 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 08:47 PM

I used to take Ortho-core, now I take Vimmortal, a great formulation designed by Imminst members.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users