Protecting from Coronavirus - Supplements & Therapies

coronavirus flu disease epidemics viruses immunity covid-19

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3083 replies to this topic

#2671 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,058 posts

Posted 26 April 2021 - 07:21 PM

News Flash: NIH has decided to start a massive RCT (n=13,500) on repurposed drugs (Cost: $155 million)

https://www.nih.gov/...vid-19-symptoms

Large clinical trial to study repurposed drugs to treat COVID-19 symptoms

Enrollment will require a positive PCR test, with up to a week of mild to moderate symptoms in those over age 30.

Test drugs will be MAILED to the participants once they are accepted.  

Looks like yet another trial that will not be initiating therapy until 10-12 days after symptom onset.  This will be well past peak viral load, and well into the hyper-immune response (if this is occurring). 

Designed to fail, but it will be a good excuse to delay any EUA/FDA approval for existing meds until after the trial is over. 

The trial will follow participants for 90 days to evaluate long COVID, so probably will not publish until next Fall. 

Until then...  No outpatient therapeutics for you!  

Absolutely. Another study that seems designed to fail. At this point you have to wonder if they are doing it on purpose.

How about this one: Study finds vitamin D3 fails to help COVID patients recover.

They again waited until they had sick patients needing hospital care and then gave them likely toxic doses of D3 - 200,000 IU

Hmmmm, I wonder why it failed.

Who designs these "studies"? 

• Agree x 3
  • Cheerful x 2
  • like x 1

#2672 bladedmind

• 286 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 April 2021 - 11:16 PM

Who designs these "studies"? 

Someone who will get a great new job next year. 

• Cheerful x 1
  • Agree x 1

#2673 albedo

• 2,068 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 April 2021 - 03:51 PM

I wonder if this has been discussed here, a bit old news though ...

https://www.pfizer.c...-oral-antiviral

#2674 Dorian Grey

• 2,159 posts

Posted 27 April 2021 - 07:45 PM

Problem with all the antivirals (protease inhibitors / monoclonal antibodies / remdesivir) is, much like Tamiflu, unless you can it into the patient day one or two of symptom onset, effectiveness will likely be minimal.  Trump is a good example.  Multiple comorbidities (age / male / obese), but he got is monoclonal antibodies & remdesivir within 24 hour of diagnosis...  And had a remarkably mild course of disease.  

You & I will try to get a video conference with our doc when we get sick.  This may take a day or two.  He will send us to get a PCR test, which will take another couple of days for results.  Then, how do we get our meds?  By mail?  If everyone in your household is isolating, who will go to the pharmacy?  

Saw a doctor from India commenting on Dr Been's Q&A (sorry no link),yesterday that the new variant in India is making people quite sick remarkably earlier than the original virus, with people becoming acutely ill in around 5 days, rather than 10, which historically was the turning point between mild & critical disease.  

I expect Pfizer, MERCK & others will be getting EUA for their magic antivirals, right around the time the new variants arrive in a neighborhood near you.  Problem is...  You won't be getting seen, tested, prescribed and treated until well past the point these meds are effective.  Like remdesivir, these will be another repeat of Fauci's Follies.   

• Good Point x 2
  • Agree x 1

#2675 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 27 April 2021 - 11:57 PM

It is telling that you see no one in the media talking about Remdesivir any more and the last couple of people I was personally aware of with covid serious enough to be admitted to the hospital did not receive it.

• Good Point x 2
  • Agree x 1

#2676 Gal220

• 1,047 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 03:29 PM

Steve Kirsch willing to fork over a million for proving him wrong on fluvoxamine - link

He is also big on combo therapy - link

1. Proxalutamide and fluvoxamine
  2. Proxalutamide and ivermectin
  3. Fluvoxamine and ivermectin

Edited by Gal220, 29 April 2021 - 03:29 PM.

• Informative x 1

#2677 Gal220

• 1,047 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 10:16 PM

I dont think we get enough traffic to worry, especially after google put the nerf bat to us(notice us in this list, 9th).  But they got to Mercola, hes taken down all of his Covid info. StopCovidCold.com now goes to an amazon book. crazy stuff.

No doubt threads like this are looked down on by the powers that be.

• Agree x 1

#2678 albedo

• 2,068 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 April 2021 - 05:53 AM

I dont think we get enough traffic to worry, especially after google put the nerf bat to us(notice us in this list, 9th).  But they got to Mercola, hes taken down all of his Covid info. StopCovidCold.com now goes to an amazon book. crazy stuff.

No doubt threads like this are looked down on by the powers that be.

Absolutely! Another reason why I keep bugging everyone here to get an easy way to save properly, as a PDF file on my device, a rich thread like many I found and contributed on LongeCity ....

• Cheerful x 1
  • Agree x 1

#2679 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 01 May 2021 - 09:54 AM

Someone who will get a great new job next year.

Someone who doesnt believe in progress, and just accepts whatever pile of sh*t you hand to them

• Unfriendly x 2
  • Good Point x 1
  • dislike x 1

#2680 lancebr

• 440 posts

Posted 03 May 2021 - 04:03 AM

So if the information in the article is correct....it looks like the vaccine for Covid will eventually

become a yearly thing like the flu shot....due to so many variants popping up:

https://www.aljazeer...e-booster-shots

Pfizer has already been saying a third dose of the vaccine will probably be needed for protection and then

probably annually:

https://www.cnbc.com...-12-months.html

Edited by lancebr, 03 May 2021 - 04:05 AM.

• Informative x 1

#2681 Mind

• 19,058 posts

Posted 03 May 2021 - 05:42 PM

There is another thread discussing the nature of vaccines for rapidly mutating influenza-like illnesses. https://www.longecit...-no-guarantees/

#2682 Mind

• 19,058 posts

Posted 07 May 2021 - 02:41 PM

Data on Ivermectin was arriving almost a year ago. It was quite clear from the data that it should have been approved already last Summer. Multiple RCTs and reviews of the data have already proven Ivermectin's benefits in treating COVID. Here is another one, stating the obvious. It is VERY BENEFICIAL in treating COVID!! 

https://journals.lww...ting_the.4.aspx

Why is it not approved for general use?

Where is the WHO?

Where is the CDC?

Where is the NIH?

At this point you have to assume something nefarious is going on. Regulatory capture? Something darker? 

• Agree x 2
  • Good Point x 2
  • Informative x 1

#2683 Gal220

• 1,047 posts

Posted 07 May 2021 - 04:09 PM

Data on Ivermectin was arriving almost a year ago. It was quite clear from the data that it should have been approved already last Summer. Multiple RCTs and reviews of the data have already proven Ivermectin's benefits in treating COVID. Here is another one, stating the obvious. It is VERY BENEFICIAL in treating COVID!!

https://journals.lww...ting_the.4.aspx

Why is it not approved for general use?

Where is the WHO?

Where is the CDC?

Where is the NIH?

At this point you have to assume something nefarious is going on. Regulatory capture? Something darker? 

I think it is strictly up to the NIH, BUT even if you agree with their decision, hopefully everyone sees the mistake in letting this one body decide drug approvals. Every state needs this.

It could be nefarious, or they could believe the vaccines are the better option so they have gamed the system to prevent IVM approval.

Ive written to a few representatives, not sure what else we can do though.  Ryan said the NIH has stock in Moderna, clear conflict of interest.  Be sure to make that point if you do write anyone, something a politician could relate to.

I covered the WHO conspiracy on the previous page.

Edited by Gal220, 07 May 2021 - 04:09 PM.

• like x 3

#2684 Mind

• 19,058 posts

Posted 08 May 2021 - 09:56 AM

I think it is strictly up to the NIH, BUT even if you agree with their decision, hopefully everyone sees the mistake in letting this one body decide drug approvals. Every state needs this.

It could be nefarious, or they could believe the vaccines are the better option so they have gamed the system to prevent IVM approval.

Ive written to a few representatives, not sure what else we can do though.  Ryan said the NIH has stock in Moderna, clear conflict of interest.  Be sure to make that point if you do write anyone, something a politician could relate to.

I covered the WHO conspiracy on the previous page.

Even if the vaccines and experimental gene therapies are more effective, IVM could have saved millions of lives in the past year. It is shocking that so many were allowed to die when there was a treatment available that could have saved around 80% of them (according to the current data).

• Good Point x 2

#2685 Gal220

• 1,047 posts

Posted 08 May 2021 - 08:31 PM

Even if the vaccines and experimental gene therapies are more effective, IVM could have saved millions of lives in the past year. It is shocking that so many were allowed to die when there was a treatment available that could have saved around 80% of them (according to the current data).

No doubt emergency use, after the Peru data came out in late October.  Maybe there was even earlier data - link

You will want to watch this video by Peter McCullough, he lays out exactly what the NIH did.  Unlike Ryan's video on Youtube, this one should should stay up, sad times - video

Some notes if you watch the youtube version -

1. Out patient/early treatment at 1:12
2. No treatment protocol for doctors at 2:40
3. Youtube suppression, of course 3:08
4. Media block on treatment to patients at 4:00
5. No one in Tx believes there is treatment 5:00
6. Best ant-infammatory drug, 50% reduction in mortality, blocked 5:57
7. ACTUALLY TREATED THE CLOTs, should be doing for vaccines 6:19

8. BEYOND BELIEF, no at home treatment 6:40

9. In May, discovered a vaccine was going to happen, ALL other treatments were dropped 11:03

Edited by Gal220, 08 May 2021 - 09:19 PM.

• Informative x 4
  • Well Written x 1

#2686 FSL

• 22 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 May 2021 - 12:33 AM

https://www.news18.c...ts-3724136.html

https://indianexpres...mptoms-7310158/

With a ten-fold rise in Covid-19 infections over the last month, the Goa government on Monday announced that it will be starting prophylaxis treatment by administering Ivermectin to all above the age of 18 years in the state, irrespective of Covid-19 symptoms. The government’s decision to administer the anthelmintic drug to the entire population comes at a time its vaccination program for the 18-44 age group is yet to take off and is expected to start only by the third week of May.

The minister said that Ivermectin 12 mg will be given to those above 18 years for five days. The tablet will be made available at all the district, sub-district, primary health centres, community health centres, sub-health centres and the Goa Medical College so that people can collect the medication and start the treatment, “irrespective of symptoms or anything”, Rane said.

The Goa state of India:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goa

Edited by FSL, 11 May 2021 - 12:35 AM.

• Informative x 2

#2687 FSL

• 22 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 May 2021 - 02:47 PM

And WHO recommends clinical trials only:

https://indianexpres...-covid-7310664/

A day after Goa prescribed Ivermectin for all those above the age of 18, Chief Scientist at the World Health Organization (WHO) Dr Soumya Swaminathan Tuesday said the global body recommends against the use of the drug, except within clinical trials.

She attached a press released by German healthcare company Merck, dated February 4, which said its scientists were still examining the findings of ivermectin for the treatment of Covid-19.

Also:

Goa: Experts seek tweak in administration protocol of COVID-19 drug ivermectin

https://www.newindia...in-2301195.html

"The ideal regimen of ivermectin is to administer it on the first, third and seventh day and then continue it once a week till the pandemic is brought under control.

Giving the tablets only for five days will not be impactful," Dr Buvaji said.

He also advised against giving the same quantity of the dose to all the people.

"The people weighing below 60 kg should be given the 12 mg dose of ivermectin while those above 60 kg should be given the 18 mg dose," he said.

Dr Buvaji said the IMA would write to the state Health Department to change the proposed ivermectin dose protocol.

Edited by FSL, 11 May 2021 - 02:47 PM.

• Informative x 1
  • like x 1

#2688 calimero

• 29 posts

Posted 11 May 2021 - 05:49 PM

COVID-19 patient receives ivermectin drug from Elmhurst Hospital after judge's order
  • Cheerful x 2
  • Informative x 2
  • Well Written x 1

#2689 Gal220

• 1,047 posts

Posted 12 May 2021 - 06:23 AM

Looks like Steve Kirsch convinced them to update the outpatient(early treatment) protocol of I-Mask.  Not sure when it changed to include fluvoxamine(last update 4/26). Also steamed essential oil.- LINK

I guess the key question is, how many people are prescribing it now?

Fluvoxamine 50 mg twice daily for 10–14 days. Add to ivermectin if: 1) minimal response after 2 days of ivermectin; 2) in regions with more aggressive variants; 3) treatment started on or after day 5 of symptoms or in pulmonary phase; or 4) numerous comorbidities/risk factors. Avoid if patient is already on an SSRI.

Nasopharyngeal Steamed essential oil inhalation 3 times a day (i.e. vapo-rub) Sanitation and/or chlorhexidine/benzydamine mouthwash gargles and Betadine nasal spray 2–3 times a day

Edited by Gal220, 12 May 2021 - 06:25 AM.

• Informative x 1
  • like x 1

#2690 Gal220

• 1,047 posts

Posted 15 May 2021 - 06:49 PM

Even if you dont agree with H202 therapy, we need more people doing this since our NIH abandoned its drug program last May

https://www.lewrockw...-100-cure-rate/

Woman In Colombia South America Starts Her Own Home-Based Respiratory “Hospital” Using Nebulized Hydrogen Peroxide With 100% Cure Rate

After the first two days of nebulization (6 treatments for a total of 180 minutes) all patients felt much better, well on the path to complete resolution of their viral symptoms. At that time some opted to take a 50% dilution (1.5% HP) for the remaining 9 treatments over the last three days. At the end of 5 days, all 20 patients appeared to have achieved complete clinical cures.

Hydrogen peroxide is naturally made by the human body to fight infections.  Vitamin C actually activates hydrogen peroxide in the body to selectively kill off pathogens and doesn’t harm healthy cells

And a link to Dr.Levy's guide on H202, good article.. 

Obtain a copy of Dr. Levy’s new book RAPID VIRUS RECOVERY, available as a free download now.

Edited by Gal220, 15 May 2021 - 06:53 PM.

• like x 1

#2691 Gal220

• 1,047 posts

Posted 17 May 2021 - 03:15 PM

Glad to see the FLCC call out public health agencies.  More people need to be doing this, Peter McCullough has been doing the same with anyone who will interview him. - link

Edited by Gal220, 17 May 2021 - 03:16 PM.

#2692 Gal220

• 1,047 posts

Posted 17 May 2021 - 09:38 PM

Kory hitting WHO on youtube as well, skip 16:26.  Little history lesson on WHO corruption.

• Informative x 1

#2693 lancebr

• 440 posts

Posted 20 May 2021 - 01:24 AM

Rogue antibodies wreak havoc in severe COVID-19 cases

https://www.eurekale...u-raw051921.php

• Informative x 2

#2694 Qowpel

• 355 posts

Posted 26 May 2021 - 09:28 PM

What do you guys think of this here. First of alll help me please find the citations for this.

#2695 DanCG

• 237 posts

Posted 27 May 2021 - 12:45 AM

What do you guys think of this here. First of alll help me please find the citations for this.

Here is the link to the paper: https://www.medrxiv....520v1.full-text

I have not read the whole thing. From the Summary, it looks like the innate response is changed in complex and varied ways. Who knows whether the net result is good or bad.

From the summary:

Interestingly, however, the BNT162b2 vaccine also modulated the production of inflammatory cytokines by innate immune cells upon stimulation with both specific (SARS-CoV-2) and non-specific (viral, fungal and bacterial) stimuli. The response of innate immune cells to TLR4 and TLR7/8 ligands was lower after BNT162b2 vaccination, while fungi-induced cytokine responses were stronger.

• unsure x 1
  • Informative x 1

#2696 Qowpel

• 355 posts

Posted 27 May 2021 - 01:49 AM

I have not read the whole thing. From the Summary, it looks like the innate response is changed in complex and varied ways. Who knows whether the net result is good or bad.

From the summary:

Interestingly, however, the BNT162b2 vaccine also modulated the production of inflammatory cytokines by innate immune cells upon stimulation with both specific (SARS-CoV-2) and non-specific (viral, fungal and bacterial) stimuli. The response of innate immune cells to TLR4 and TLR7/8 ligands was lower after BNT162b2 vaccination, while fungi-induced cytokine responses were stronger.

I wish I knew what all of this meant I am quite uneducated on this

• WellResearched x 1

#2697 joesixpack

• 467 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 May 2021 - 02:29 AM

I think it means that they believe the vaccine reprograms the immune system, which becomes less effective. They do not know if the change is permanent.

Paper has not been peer reviewed. This probably the last you will hear of it.

• Disagree x 2
  • Good Point x 1
  • Agree x 1

#2698 Qowpel

• 355 posts

Posted 27 May 2021 - 09:43 AM

From the summary:

What do you think about the J&J vaccine in terms of causing something like this potentially?

• like x 1

#2699 Mind

• 19,058 posts

Posted 27 May 2021 - 11:16 AM

Widespread deployment of Ivermectin could be crushing India's latest COVID wave: https://www.nakedcap...ing-author.html

• like x 2
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • Agree x 1

#2700 DanCG

• 237 posts

Posted 27 May 2021 - 12:27 PM

What do you think about the J&J vaccine in terms of causing something like this potentially?

The paper said something like this has been seen with other vaccines in the past. I think that is a general statement that vaccines will generally effect innate immunity, not that any other vaccine will do the exact things as the vaccines they studied.  It seems that everything we encounter, vaccine or disease, leaves a mark if we look for it hard enough. It is hard to say that these effects are limited to the mRNA vaccines. The one effect they reported that may be of some concern is the reduced production of interferon-alpha. That is a first-responder to virus infection and part of our ongoing process that keeps latent viruses, like shingles, in check. 

• Good Point x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: coronavirus, flu, disease epidemics, viruses, immunity, covid-19

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users