• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Caffeine is bad for you and does not help productivity?

coffee

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic
⌛⇒ current fundraiser: B.A.S.E Victor @ OpenCures

#1 Yodaflip

• 3 posts

Posted 02 May 2020 - 03:29 PM

I saw this video on YouTube

Essentially this guy is saying that coffee/caffeine is bad for you and that it hinders productivity/focus instead of helping.

I cycle caffeine anyways but I looked through the forum and only found that longecity praises caffeine/coffee

#2 gamesguru

• 2,986 posts

Posted 03 May 2020 - 02:50 AM

He's literally comparing N.O.-XPLODE to Japanese sencha.  That stuff literally causes ADHD and stomach cancer.  He also argues from a very personal perspective—yes, it's unfortunate caffeine gave him some panic attacks on occasion, but no, that doesn't mean it generally depletes you or is a bad thing for everyone else.

There are plenty of studies suggesting the opposite, that caffeine upregulates dopamine receptors, that it fights Parkinson's disease, and improves attention span.

I really don't buy the dependence issue either.  I've given my tea to coffee drinkers and they say it keeps them up for days—so it must have an extraordinary amount of caffeine—but I can quit it no problem.

I don't know if it really depletes you or makes you more or less productive.  Either way I don't get much done.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: coffee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users