• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

How safe is Coleus Forskohlii? Do I have to use a 95% Forskolin?

forskolin coleus forskohlii

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 elc202

• 82 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 12:19 AM

https://www.research...oxicity_in_mice
this study says that Coleus Forskohlii given to mice was toxic to their liver. but purified Forskolin was safe.

most Coleus Forskohlii i found was either 10% or 20% Forskolin?  how safe is that? any experience with it?

or do I have to use a 95% Forskolin?

the only capsule form i found online of purified Forskolin was PEScience Forskolin-95 Plus (ForsLean) %95 but even that product contains another extract in it called Hemerocallis Fulva  which I'm not sure if it is safe or not, specially that I could not find any  other company that sells supplements containing Hemerocallis Fulva.

Thanks,

#2 pamojja

• 2,827 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 11:27 AM

I used Forskolin 10% extract for 12 years. In average about 7 mg/d Forskolin. While monitoring liver enzymes. Nothing to report, except that 2 small none-circulated nodules in the liver, remaining from a NAFLD decates ago, disapeared too.

Mice studies very rarely can be directly extrapolated to humans. On the other hand every human has bio-chemical individuality too, and a supplement harmless to me might still be risky to an other. Therefore well worth in any case knowing and monitoring your own lab-work too.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: forskolin, coleus forskohlii

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users