• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Supplements and nootropics for Choline Dominants (People who do not respond well to cholinergics)

choline dominant alpa gpc cdp choline alcar bacopa dha uridine forskolin

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 vaarmen

• 22 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 May 2016 - 12:22 PM

Some of us respond poorly to cholinergic (GPC, CDP, ALCAR, Huperzine...) 
What are some good and bad supplement for those people.

In particular, I have been wondering about the following

Piracetam, Aniracetam, Noopept - while thes guys use AMPA and NMDA receptors, some acetylcholine interactions also exist. What are people's experiences on these?

Bacopa - I have been wanting to try this for a while but since it takes long to see effects, I am wondering what other choline dominant people's take is on Bacopa

Rhodiola?

DHA/EPA ? I know DHA can increase ACH and I seem to not respond well to it. EPA seems fine. I take Jarrow's EPActice which is EPA only

Uridine ?

Forskolin ?This one is interesting. It seems to be the opposite of Huperzine in addition to cAMP effects (increasing reuptake of ACH) So can we assume it is a good supplement for choline dominant people?

Ashwagandha, SAMe, anyting else?

Thanks for reading this.

• like x 1

#2 stillwater

• 116 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 05:55 PM

This is a good question.  I get extremely depressed on anything too cholinergic.

Some of the things I do well on:   

Ashwagandha, Rhodiola, l-tryptophan, niacin, Maca, muca pruriens ,  I guess most things that revolve around serotonin or dopamine.  I haven't tried a Racetam straight up with no choline source , but am curious if they would reduce levels of choline overall, or as you

mentioned is there still some kind of interaction. 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: choline dominant, alpa, gpc, cdp, choline, alcar, bacopa, dha, uridine, forskolin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users