A rather stupid question but I feel I should ask it

drugs

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Qowpel

• 355 posts

Posted 29 January 2021 - 10:36 AM

Hi there.

I take longevity seriously and wanted an opinion from you guys on something. So basically for the last 10 years (29 now), I have partaken in intermittent fasting, prolonged periodic fasting, methionine restriction, caloric restriction optimum nutrition, and some bouts of High Intensity Interval training, to basically slow aging so that I remain young on the inside and out [if any of these even work].... At any rate, I keep my approaches to these things essentially and recently, due to the fact that I have asthma, my doctor wants to put me on prophylactic Ivermectin one dose of about 15 mg per two weeks until I get vaccinated for covid due to some very promising study results on its safety as well as for seemingly being very effective at preventing infection from covid 19.

Basically he wants me to do this and I said ok kind of blindly and took my first dosage today. I did some reading and apparently it gets deposited into tissues (fat especially as it is fat soluble), and according to some studies was still detectable in significant amounts in fat tissue for like 17 days after, perhaps even longer if it was tested for..... At any rate there also was a study showing that even after a single dosage, (it is an anti parasitic an anti scabies drug being of course used off label for prophylaxis from covid 19), a small population had 90% lesser scabies in a three year period after just that single dosage and if it is potentially staying in tissue that long I wonder if that is a large problem....... So I guess I am here asking how bad this could be for longevity? Would this mean anything bad for my organs based on its ability to long term deposit into tissues especially fat? And also, would such a drug, eat up subcutaneous fat and cause a premature aging effect based on this as well as its mechanisms of action? I know this seems like a dumb question but I feel like I should ask since my doctor wants me to take this and it would be a shame if this drug were to hurt my longevity efforts to remain youthful, whether it be on the inside or the outside... Am I being silly here? At any rate here is a wikipedia page https://en.wikipedia...anism_of_action
for the drug and it has a mechanism of action section as well as a pharmikokinetics section.... I know this probably seems like the dumbest question ever. I just want to stay safe from covid, but also do not want to prematurely age myself on the inside or outside because of a drug.

#2 Hebbeh

• 1,661 posts

Posted 29 January 2021 - 02:10 PM

You may want to ask your question here

https://www.longecit...-82#entry902704
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1

Click HERE to rent this BIOSCIENCE adspot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: drugs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users