• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Realistic Options to Do Gene Therapy on a Human Today? (to replicate George Church's Results)

gene therapy

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 sub7

• 304 posts

Posted 22 May 2021 - 06:35 PM

ou may have seen the study by George Church where they delivered viral vectors to increase the expression of 3 Genes  (go to 2:31)
Church says that this gene therapy has improved every aging related disease they have looked at. There is a YouTube video of Church himself speaking about this but I just cannot find it.

These 3 genes -Alpha Klotho, TGFBR2 and FGF21, seem fairly safe ones to play with (comparatively speaking, when compared to going down the route of something like Yamanaka factors).

If someone wanted to replicate this on oneself, what are the realistic options? Can we convince a lab to do this? I know the company chaired by Liz Parish is doing this but as far as I hear she charges an exorbitant amount of money and the procedure is performed in a far-away land known for a lot of scams. What other options may there be? How hard is it to get these viral vectors made in a lab? what kind of lab would make them?
As far as I know, once these are manufactured, the rest is just an IV injection of them. So if you can get a hold of the viral vectors dissolved in the appropriate medium, you're all set...

• Informative x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gene therapy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users