Effective Apigenin dosage?

nad+ apigenin cd38

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 cjacek

• 56 posts

Posted 07 June 2021 - 07:05 AM

Hello,

My apologies if this was answered before but could someone please give an opinion as to what possible oral dose of Apigenin would be recommended for effective CD38 inhibition? I am working on a cocktail of sorts and would like to add Apigenin as one of the compounds, would also likely mix it into some fat containing meal before consuming. I am just asking about dosage.

Thank you,

Dan

Edited by cjacek, 07 June 2021 - 07:08 AM.

#2 Phoebus

• 851 posts

Posted 08 June 2021 - 01:54 AM

this study showed that apigenin supplementation in mice prevents colonic inflammation and motor dysfunctions associated with high fat diet-induced obesity. The dose was 10 mg/kg and the human equivalent dose would be only about 50 mg or so if my math is correct (feel free to correct me if wrong)

https://journals.plo...al.pone.0195502

So if that dose is effective for calming inflammation, its a good bet it also suppressed CD38. 

Edited by Phoebus, 08 June 2021 - 02:08 AM.

#3 cjacek

• Topic Starter
  • 56 posts

Posted 08 June 2021 - 05:34 AM

Interesting, thank you very much. It's strange that there isn't much human data available on this substance for more definitive dosing guidelines. 

Edited by cjacek, 08 June 2021 - 05:34 AM.

#4 drgs

• 26 posts

Posted 01 September 2021 - 09:05 PM

Keep in mind apigenin has 72 hour half-life, so if you're taking it every day, the dosage keeps building up

• Needs references x 3
  • Agree x 1

#5 orion22

• 186 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 September 2021 - 06:53 PM

Keep in mind apigenin has 72 hour half-life, so if you're taking it every day, the dosage keeps building up

so what does that mean that it  suppresses cd 38 for 72 hours?

Edited by orion22, 04 September 2021 - 06:53 PM.

#6 rarefried

• 28 posts

Posted 27 April 2022 - 11:33 PM

I see research finding apigenin suppresses the vitamin d receptor, and, vitamin d responsiveness "in normal human keratinocytes".  

EG:

https://pubmed.ncbi....h.gov/10652242/

Above article mentions this suppression is counteracted by "the NFkappaB inhibitors sodium salicylate and caffeic acid phenethyl ester."   I assume, even with this counteracting effect, the suppression of vitamin d responsiveness remains a potential concern.

If so perhaps supplementing vitamin D on off-days (after clearance of Apigenin) a wise approach.

• Informative x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nad+ apigenin, cd38

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users