- - - - -

Dr. Brad Stanfield - Rapamycin trial against ageing

rapamycin podcast sulforaphane

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 onz

• 117 posts

Posted 21 December 2021 - 09:30 AM

Our upcoming guest next week on the Longecity podcast will be Dr. Brad Stanfield.

Lifespan.io recently announced that they would be working with Dr. Stanfield on a clinical trial for rapamycin, focusing on it's ability to affect age related decline.

Here' a quote from Dr. Stanfield regarding the trial: "To investigate this idea, we propose an initial proof-of-concept study designed to assess the safety, tolerability, feasibility, and trial design of weekly rapamycin or placebo dosing over a three-month period, in combination with thrice-weekly group exercise programs. The target population is 60-70 year old adults with either no co-morbidities or a well controlled chronic condition, that do not already perform weekly, strenuous exercise"

You can read more about the trial on lifespan.io or watch a video explaining the trial on YouTube

Let us know in the comments below if you have any questions for the interview.

Attached Files

• like x 1

#2 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,981 posts

Posted 22 December 2021 - 07:46 PM

There are several discussions here in the forum about rapamycin. Some think it is not worth the effort if it only slows the rate of aging. Just wondering if there are any opinions on the matter from forum users. Please let me know.

Otherwise, questions for the guest are welcome. Please list below.

#3 Mind

• 18,981 posts

Posted 27 December 2021 - 03:50 PM

The interview had to be postponed, but will be rescheduled soon. There is now extra time to list questions for the podcast.

#4 Mind

• 18,981 posts

Posted 18 January 2022 - 09:49 PM

The interview is now available on the Podcast page: https://www.longecit...d_stanfield.mp3

Good information about the history of rapamycin and how it might help reverse aspects of aging.

#5 motorcitykid

• 276 posts

Posted 20 January 2022 - 05:06 AM

Dr. Brad Stanfield recently recorded a video of his 2022 longevity predictions. In the Youtube video he speculates which molecules might prove to live up to their hype, and which ones won't.

He doesn't believe that sulforaphane will make his list in 2022. The main reason being, his classification of sulforaphane as an ANTIOXIDANT that activates Nrf2 and he infers that activating nrf2 might interfere with the hormetic response to exercise. That sounds reasonable.This has also been a concern of mine, but I also considered a few other pieces of nrf2 related data is it pertains to the hormetic response to exercise. I might or might not be correct, but the point is, I posted the following response TWICE, and it was removed from Youtube comments immediately. Why??

"Hello Dr. Stanfield. In regards to sulforaphane's nrf2 mechanism and exercise, have you considered that photobiomodulation a.k.a red light therapy also activates nrf2? When red light therapy is paired along with exercise, MUSCLE HYPERTROPHY IS ENHANCED(most likely through the myriad of other biological mechanisms triggered by red light therapy) https://pubmed.ncbi....h.gov/27874264/ Not that we can draw absolute conclusions from this, but nrf2 activation seems to not have interfered with the hormetic response to exercise in the above mentioned scenario.

Similarly, sulforaphane which is also an nrf2 activator, might not interfere with the hormetic response to exercise. I say this, not only because of the above mentioned red light therapy analogy, but also because sulforpahone is more than just an antioxidant, it seems to be a pretty impressive myostatin inhibitor.http://https://pubme...h.gov/23092945/

Please let me know your thoughts on this".

Edited by motorcitykid, 20 January 2022 - 05:06 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rapamycin, podcast, sulforaphane

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users