• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Lifechanging new drug could extend human life by 30%, study finds(mice)

senolytics

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Gal220

• 1,047 posts

Posted 05 June 2023 - 01:30 AM

This was using mice

"The senolytics developed at the Mayo Clinic, when administered, effectively purge the bloodstream of senescent or "zombie" cells."

"the elimination of senescent cells leads to a significant increase in the production of a protective protein known as a-klotho.

"The senolytic drug dasatinib isn’t available as an over-the-counter drug. But quercetin is available in supplement form. "

Interesting no mention of Fisetin/Apigenin

Edited by Gal220, 05 June 2023 - 01:37 AM.

• Good Point x 1

#2 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 09 June 2023 - 04:24 AM

Quercetin has a similar effect.

... we have identified quercetin (QUER) and its derivative, namely quercetin caprylate (QU-CAP) as a proteasome activator with anti-oxidant properties that consequently influence cellular lifespan, survival and viability of HFL-1 primary human fibroblasts. Moreover, when these compounds are supplemented to already senescent fibroblasts, a rejuvenating effect is observed.

Long-term treatment with senolytic drugs Dasatinib and Quercetin ameliorates age-dependent intervertebral disc degeneration in mice
https://www.nature.c...467-021-25453-2

Quercetin mediated lifespan extension in Caenorhabditis elegans is modulated by age-1, daf-2, sek-1 and unc-43
https://link.springe...0522-008-9199-6

• Informative x 2
  • like x 1

#3 yucca06

• 74 posts

Posted 26 June 2023 - 01:11 PM

The only one autophagy drug who worths it is dry fasting, on a regular basis. And you'll benefit from stem cells proliferation also. win/win. You can add some cool stuff like fisetin or luteolin, but it will NEVER be as powerful.

(if you want to poison yourself with dasatinib or this kind of crap, well...it's your choice)

Edited by yucca06, 26 June 2023 - 01:12 PM.

• Needs references x 2

#4 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 26 June 2023 - 04:10 PM

I think this is all interesting stuff no doubt, and I'm no expert on the matter. But when making claims about the relative efficiency levels of various treatment methods, it's vital to appeal to quantitative research.

Is fasting absolutely essential? Can similar effects be achieved on a caloric restricted and extremely healthy diet? What about exercise? For someone who is morbidly obese, who sustains themselves exclusively on highly processed foods and is unwilling to make any lifestyle changes, what is the most that can be achieved through supplementation alone, what can they expect in terms of measurable results from some of the senolytic supplements you mention?

Quercetin is technically found in a few common foods, but not in very large amounts. And as a supplement it hasn't be adequately studied imo.

• Good Point x 1

#5 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,058 posts

Posted 26 June 2023 - 05:32 PM

I think this is all interesting stuff no doubt, and I'm no expert on the matter. But when making claims about the relative efficiency levels of various treatment methods, it's vital to appeal to quantitative research.

Is fasting absolutely essential? Can similar effects be achieved on a caloric restricted and extremely healthy diet? What about exercise? For someone who is morbidly obese, who sustains themselves exclusively on highly processed foods and is unwilling to make any lifestyle changes, what is the most that can be achieved through supplementation alone, what can they expect in terms of measurable results from some of the senolytic supplements you mention?

Quercetin is technically found in a few common foods, but not in very large amounts. And as a supplement it hasn't be adequately studied imo.

Fasting and calorie restriction have a lot of positive data. Not only in peer-reviewed "western" research, in recent decades, but going back centuries in religious traditions. It is free, effective, and safe. Humans can easily "physically" fast for 1 to 3 days with hardly any negative side effects in the known literature. We are adapted to do this. We evolved to do this.

That being said, it is the mental part of fasting that prevents people from using this powerful method of true short-term rejuvenation. That is why obese people in western nations prefer taking supplements. It is easier. People think they can eat garbage and then take a few supplements to make it all better. I am not going to list references, but it is my observation that supplements have only small effects in reducing the rate of aging. Most are probably not worth it. I say this, even though I take quite a few. I am probably wasting money for the most part.

• like x 2
  • unsure x 1

#6 Kentavr

• 347 posts

Posted 31 August 2023 - 09:00 AM

telmisartan also increases Klotho protein levels
  • unsure x 1
  • Informative x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: senolytics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users