Photo

Resveratrol - Price Watch

• Please log in to reply
766 replies to this topic

#1 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 05:34 PM

Some remarks regarding the evolving structure and contents of this thread.

To keep this thread readable and to allow for a clear overview of contributions that are aimed at discussing pricing, a split from this thread has been created that discusses quality aspects. The readers should be aware of the fact that there could be a trade-off between price and quality. It is very encouraged to read the thread that deals with the quality discussion as well, before making decisions based on price alone.

Hi everyone,

This is Anthony.

I was following many conversations regarding Resveratrol, and I didn't see a topic that simply had folks post resveratrol pricing, where to find the particular price, etc. I posted this in another place on this forum, but I believe it should have a topic all on it's own. So... I think I need to pull a 'Progressive' on you all, and give you a link to an excel file that I have with price comparisons between some products. Please link to this post and not to the webpage below, as I rename these to avoid some caching issues in some of the browsers.

Excel Sheet:

http://ResveratrolPr...trol-Prices.xls

And
Web Page:
http://ResveratrolPr...trol-Prices.htm

I believe some folks may update some items on this excel sheet over the weekend with some prices that may beat our own at RevGenetics [glasses] , and that is quite alright. We think in the long run, it helps you as a community, and it also helps our company (and maybe others) understand what pricing we should be offering, along with services, and maybe allows changes to our current products. [thumb]

Please feel free to download, and let me know what others I should add to it, even if they beat the pants off our products. Please also send links to websites you found the pricing along with any updates to this file.

Anthony Loera

(BTW: When updates are made, this same link here on this first post will always have the latest file with the updates.)

Edited by maxwatt, 27 December 2009 - 02:10 PM.

#2 health_nutty

• 2,410 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 05:47 PM

BAC resveratrol: $13.5/(25 * 0.50) = $1.08/g of t-res (of course this is uncapped).

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#3 health_nutty

• 2,410 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 05:49 PM

RevGenetics,

What would you consider selling batches of 50g uncapped of your 50% extract for?

#4 Anthony_Loera

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 06:15 PM

BAC resveratrol: $13.5/(25 * 0.50) = $1.08/g of t-res (of course this is uncapped).

Can you give me a link on that, and I'll add it to the worksheet.

We have been tinkering with providing the powder, and only have done so on a few occasions. We are still not sure its a good thing. I am keeping in touch with those folks who have purchased the 1kg powder, to see their experience. We have already come to the conclusion that our 'air/water tight' resealable container is a good thing to send out with the 1kg powder instead of a plastic bag. We have some other things we are finding, but are still on the fence to make it public for everyone at this time.

Anthony Loera

#5 health_nutty

• 2,410 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 06:21 PM

http://www.easycart....s_P-Z.html#8629

#6 Anthony_Loera

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 06:29 PM

http://www.easycart....s_P-Z.html#8629

Thanks,

The worksheet is updated.

Anthony Loera

#7 macanizer

• 53 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 07:35 PM

VitaCost.com has Counry Life Resveratrol for $12.59 - 5% off coupon - 6% cash back = $11.24

#8 Anthony_Loera

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 07:59 PM

VitaCost.com has Counry Life Resveratrol for $12.59 - 5% off coupon - 6% cash back = $11.24

Hi, the 5% off coupon above seems to have expired, do you have another link to a recent code for it?

Otherwise the excel sheet now shows the 6% off from fatwallet.

thanks
Anthony Loera

#9 macanizer

• 53 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 08:12 PM

If you see the last post on that thread it says: New code WE73A9 (03/07/07). I just used it a few days ago.

#10 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 08:18 PM

Doctor's Best Resveratrol

@ iHerb.com: 100 mg plus 80 mg polyphenols, 60 tabs. $12.49.

#11 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 08:28 PM

Bioforte

Variable pricing depending upon volume.

250 mg trans-resveratrol from 500 mg 50% purity extract, 60 caps/bottle.

#12 Anthony_Loera

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 09:10 PM

If you see the last post on that thread it says:  New code WE73A9 (03/07/07).  I just used it a few days ago.

Ah, ok.. I thought it stated it expired then...

It has been updated

Anthony Loera

#13 tom a

• 121 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 09:20 PM

What I'd like to see is a spreadsheet with emodin content.

That's going to be the real differentiator, as far as I'm concerned.

#14 malbecman

• 733 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 09:29 PM

Revgenetics,

Thanks for starting this thread, I think it will be very interesting to have all the info. in one place. Props to you for including your competitors!

Malbec

#15 Anthony_Loera

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 09:41 PM

Ok, the sheet is updated.

I had to re-organize it better as it started extending to the right way too much.

Now it goes down, instead of going to the right. So now you can sort easily...

Anthony Loera

Edited by Mind, 09 April 2007 - 02:37 PM.

#16 fearfrost

• 63 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 01:17 AM

Hey Anthony, nice job. Very cool. I sent you an email about an order for your R350 product and it was just returned. Did you get it.... I might have typed in the wrong address. Thanks. I look forward to trying your product.

#17 ironchet

• 66 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 01:57 AM

Anthony,
Thanks for the great list. saves me alot of time in comparison shopping. As soon as i'm done with my current bottle of CL RSV, i'll give your product a try.

#18 hormoneman

• 95 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 03:15 PM

Anthony from RevGenetics is selling me 1k of 50% resveratrol powder - the equivalent of 1000 1000mg capsules yielding 500mg of transresveratrol - the price is $520.00 pus $14.00 for shipping - at 1 capsule per day for my wife and myself that's a 500 day supply or $1.04 per day - I think that's a great deal

#19 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 04:14 PM

Great deal if ya don't have problems with the amount of emodin accompanying the resveratrol, ya!

#20 niteinnyc

• 61 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 07:53 AM

Thanks for this useful "pricewatch" spreadsheet.

I too would love to see emodin content listed.

It might also be helpful to list the additional ingredients contained in some of them (i.e. knotweed extract, grape seed and skin extract in CL), as some may see these as positives or negatives (i.e. some would prefer no quercitin).

Here are some other sources to include (though the second is not retail):

http://www.lef.org/n.../item00970.html (note members and quantity pricing)

http://www.resveratr....com/index.html

Quoted price Resveratrol HP (96%):
1 kg for 4200 USD per kg
5 kg for 3080 USD per kg
20 kg for 2660 USD per kg

Quoted price Resveratrol Glycon HP (96%):
1 kg for 1500 USD per kg
5 kg for 1100 USD per kg
20 kg for 950 USD per kg

#21 Anthony_Loera

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 01:07 PM

Thanks for this useful "pricewatch" spreadsheet.

I too would love to see emodin content listed.

It might also be helpful to list the additional ingredients contained in some of them (i.e. knotweed extract, grape seed and skin extract in CL), as some may see these as positives or negatives (i.e. some would prefer no quercitin).

Here are some other sources to include (though the second is not retail):

http://www.lef.org/n.../item00970.html (note members and quantity pricing)

http://www.resveratr....com/index.html

Quoted price Resveratrol HP (96%):                   
1 kg for 4200 USD per kg
5 kg for 3080 USD per kg
20 kg for 2660 USD per kg

Quoted price Resveratrol Glycon HP (96%):
1 kg for 1500 USD per kg
5 kg for 1100 USD per kg
20 kg for 950 USD per kg

Hi, the excel sheet has been updated with the retail pricing. At this time I an only putting in the resveratrol content, as anything else really hasn't been proven to 'help' resveratrol in one's body, I really think we should simply concentrate on resveratrol pricing than add extra items, and create confusion.

I am not sure what to do with the 'wholesale' pricing as, Resveratrol Glycon, is a big question mark still, and regardless I know how much wholesale pricing is for resveratrol 90%, 96%, and 98% and I have to tell you, these guys at $4200 a kilo ... well, I have seen it cheaper most everywhere I have inquired.

I think I will leave of wholesale pricing from the sheet and concentrate on Retail pricing, as it is the most practical approach for this worksheet.

Anthony Loera

#22 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 05:08 PM

Thanks for aggregating this information, Anthony!

BTW, although at least one poster has reported you've sold 50% resveratrol powder @ $1.04/gram, and you've listed BAC's 50% powder in your spreadsheet, you don't list RevGenetics powder. Does this mean this product/form was either a special, one time arrangement or sold by special request and arrangement only?

#23 Anthony_Loera

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 05:33 PM

Thanks for aggregating this information, Anthony!

BTW, although at least one poster has reported you've sold 50% resveratrol powder @ $1.04/gram, and you've listed BAC's 50% powder in your spreadsheet, you don't list RevGenetics powder.  Does this mean this product/form was either a special, one time arrangement or sold by special request and arrangement only?

Hi,

Yes we are still considering it, and have only sold it to a few people at this time by special request.
It's not something we have available to the general public at this time.

If we get the green light to sell this to the general public, I will add it to the worksheet.

Anthony Loera

#24 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 08:01 AM

Thanks, Anthony.
I'm more interested in the higher purity resveratrol (~98%) in powder form to minimize emodin, especially if you'd provide it at a decent discount to the price of the high purity encapsulated form.

#25 Anthony_Loera

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 12:28 PM

Hi Everyone,

Zoolander has sent this notification out to me to buy the post or it will be shut down. So, I will be "Buying" this post. I have asked him if he wanted to shut the post down and bring it back as his own idea with prices on rsv to help the community as a service, and he declined.

I simply wanted to provide a service that didn't exist to you all, and get feedback. I wanted to let everyone know, that I will be editing the sheet to highlight my products instead of simply highlighting the lowest priced rsv per gram (which is what the sheet currently provides without bias), as it now has become something I am paying for instead of simply a regular community run service. Other than that, the sheet will still contain the lowest pricing, even if is not ours.

I would like to ask anyone here that would like to take over this post and keep it current, to contact me. I believe if someone from the community would have started this post, there would have not been a payment request from the admin on this forum. At this point, I will pay my 'dues' and become a 'commercial advertiser' a la 'progressive insurance'.

I just wanted to be transparent and notify you that I will 'buy' the post, and keep it current for as long as I can. But should anyone consider taking over after the next cycle of 'payment' is due, to contact me so we can arrange a 'transition' of sorts to a community driven service without a 'sponsership' of sorts.

Also, it appears I can't sign my posts elsewhere using 'RevGenetics' when answering your questions here in the forum (per zoolanders request), so please email me questions to my email, and I will respond. If something in another post simply requires my response, I will provide a link back here and respond to it here in this area, otherwise I will certainly answer my email for any and all questions. (Anthony @ RevGenetics.com)

Thanks again for the many posts you all have provided, and hopefully we can learn more from each other.

Anthony Loera

From zoolander:
" Anthony,

I'm touching base re. the post that you started titled "Resveratrol price watch"
As previously discussed I will close the post that you made down unless you agree to pay the $125 for the commercial post.
Additionally, I ask that you refrain from signing off as Anthony from Revgenetics in your posts. This is basically stating that you are a supplier of resveratrol/commercial products and hence deemed commercial use of forums.

Anthony, as it currently stands, you have utilised our members to conduct market research as well utilising the membership to try and clinch sales. You have utilised the good will of an institute that is an educational not for profit institution.

If you have not agreed to pay what is owed within 12 hours from the time stamp of this letter I will close the above mentioned topic."[B]

Edited by revgenetics, 20 March 2007 - 02:54 PM.

#26 Anthony_Loera

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 02:09 PM

Thanks, Anthony.
I'm more interested in the higher purity resveratrol (~98%) in powder form to minimize emodin, especially if you'd provide it at a decent discount to the price of the high purity encapsulated form.

The powder is pretty expensive, let me get some capsules at 90% or better to check the market for it, and then we will start looking at powder. So far we haven't introduced powder, but are still considering it.

thanks
Anthony Loera

Edited by revgenetics, 20 March 2007 - 02:53 PM.

#27 Anthony_Loera

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 01:59 PM

Added Resvinatrol Complete to list.

Let me know what others you would like to see on here.

Thanks
Anthony

#28 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 05:43 PM

BTW, iHerb.com is having a sitewide 10% off sale. Doctor's Best Resvertrol product is currently $11.24, thus $1.87/gram.

Also, the R350 product looks like a hidden item, no? Don't see reference on your public website.

#29 Anthony_Loera

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 06:54 PM

Thanks tintinet,

sheet is updated, and our website is not updated to show R350 Capsules orders. Users using the link provided in the worksheet simply have the first opportunity to try it out.

Thanks
Anthony

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#30 hormoneman

• 95 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 09:14 PM

www.vitaspace.com is quoting me a price of 1k of 50% resveratrol powder for $380.00 - RevGenetics is quoting me a price of $520 for the same 1k

At 1000mgs per day to obtain 500mg of trans-resveratrol vitaspce comes out to $.76 per day for my wife and myself or $.38 per day for 1 person

I've not found anything cheaper.

Comments

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users