Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Resveratrol - Price Watch

• Please log in to reply
766 replies to this topic

#31 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 09:24 PM

You're sure the 2 resveratrol sources are of equal quality?

#32 hormoneman

• 95 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 10:01 PM

Unless the sources were revealed how would one ever find out? Short of buying both and having a sample of each analyzed?

I think vitaspace is of high quality because the (-)BPAP and the other chemicals they sell are of very high quality - morelife gets the BPAP from the same source that vitaspace does and I don't think Paul and Kitty would sell low qaulity merchandise.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#33 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 12:02 AM

Interesting: I didn't know Paul and Kitty were taking (-)BPAP. How do you know they use the same source?

IIRC, Anthony Loera of Revgenetics posted the COA for the source of the resveratrol they used in their capsules. I'd not purchase a bulk quantity of t-resv. without seeing a copy of the COA for the product, and, if financially feasible, having it tested independently. At the very least, Vitaspace oughta provide you with a COA for their product. I'd be most concerned about heavy metals, pesticides, as well as, although less important, emodin content.

#34 Anthony_Loera

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 02:20 PM

Added wholehealth items to the list.

Also, if a quote or price is not linkable for people to find, I cannot add it to the list.

#35 Anthony_Loera

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 06:40 PM

Added NSI "Nutraceutical Sciences Institute" brand to the list, and PureVino-25 from "Pure Prescriptions" brand.

#36 Anthony_Loera

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 04:37 PM

Added Resveratrol from Jarrow, NOW, and Pure Encapsulations...

Again, please let me know if you find better pricing than those listed, so I can update the worksheet.

#37 stephen_b

• 1,735 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 05:20 PM

Ray and Terry's is not yet on the list. I calculated $7.59 per gram when purchased in quantities of 3-11 bottles.

Stephen

#38 Anthony_Loera

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 06:27 PM

Ray&Terry's has been added to the list, thanks.

Anthony

#39 Anthony_Loera

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 01:07 AM

BAC resveratrol: $13.5/(25 * 0.50) = $1.08/g of t-res (of course this is uncapped).

We are revving up to sell powder, and the decision was made to match BAC pricing, and quantities (meaning 25g bottles).
We will also price 1kg at a lower price per gram within the next 10 days to the public.

We are considering 98% powder at this time for small manufacturers.

Thanks
Anthony Loera

#40 health_nutty

• 2,410 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 04:33 AM

BAC resveratrol: $13.5/(25 * 0.50) = $1.08/g of t-res (of course this is uncapped).

We are revving up to sell powder, and the decision was made to match BAC pricing, and quantities (meaning 25g bottles).
We will also price 1kg at a lower price per gram within the next 10 days to the public.

Thanks
Anthony Loera

Excellent news!

#41 malbecman

• 733 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 04:19 PM

Thanks
Anthony Loera
RevGenetics

Excellent news!

I agree, let us know when it becomes available!! [thumb]

#42 hormoneman

• 95 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 01:26 PM

This source has quoted me a price of $200 for 100 grams of 98% pure resveratrol - he sent a copy of the lab analysis and it tested out to 98.2% purity - it was tested by American Analytical Chemical Labs of Champaign,Il

If anyone is interested let me know and I'll send you his e-mail address

The price per kilo of 98% fluctuates, and is currently subject to speculative pressure in China. I will supply kilo and greater amounts for cost plus 8%, if you will accept delivery directly from China (via Fedex, usually.) The most recent sample I've had analyzed was $840, and was of excellent quality. Individual heavy metals were not detectable withing the tester's limits, under .1 ppm for lead, arsenic cadmium, and under .024 ppm for mercury. Emodin was also below the limit of detectability, which is stated on the test -- he could have stated zero, but I told the lab tech I was expecting a trace.

An earlier batch, at a lower price, tested 98.5 for trans-resveratrol, but had some anthocyanins and emodin and glycocides in it-- enough to give it a yellowish color and an astringent taste. I used this with no problem for two months, but developed mild diarrhea from the emodin when I increased the dose to 1.5 g/day. Less than this amount, there was no problem. This batch cost $680/kilo in December when the market price was lower. I am trying to stay with the high end of the market.

So if you are interested in a kilo or more, I'll need to get you a current quote.

There is a major price drop for 45 kilos or more, due to a big price break on air shipping.

Testing a batch costs 300 to 500 dollars or more, depending what you need to test for.

#43 Anthony_Loera

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 02:19 PM

Sounds great,

looks like we are all on the same page with Resveratrol 98% here.

$200 for 100 grams sounds like a fair price, we may start ours at around that as well for powder. The deal for 1 kilogram is quite extraordinary, I will no be able to beat that price for quite some time with the powder.

If a link is found on the web for it, please let me know and I will add it to the list.

Thanks Hormoneman,

Anthony Loera

#44 hormoneman

• 95 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 02:43 PM

Anthony

The question is storage - if it's kept in a mason jar with moisture absorbing packs inside the jar in the fridge - how long do you estimate it would keep before going "bad"

#45 proteomist

• 177 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 05:33 PM

Anthony

The question is storage - if it's kept in a mason jar with moisture absorbing packs inside the jar in the fridge - how long do you estimate it would keep before going "bad"

IMHO, it would be stable for years kept dry in the cold. Ideally though you'd want to flush it with nitrogen or argon to purge oxygen. Short of that, you should remove as much air as possible, so a heavy sealable plastic bag would be much prefferable to a mason jar.

I know you weren't asking me, but I cold-store some pretty oxidizeable materials, and they make it for many years in this manner.

#46 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 08:26 PM

This source has quoted me a price of $200 for 100 grams of 98% pure resveratrol - he sent a copy of the lab analysis and it tested out to 98.2% purity - it was tested by American Analytical Chemical Labs of Champaign,IL.....

I just received some of this product, and, at least upon initial inspection, I'm impressed. Fine white, or perhaps slightly off white powder- quite similar, if not identical in appearance to the 99%+ purity Orchid synthetic I have. This is quite a difference from another 98%+ purity PC extract I've received. The latter has a distinctly beige coloration, coarser texture, denser composition than the synthetic, as well as, at least initially after opening the packaging, strong, and IMO, quite disagreeable taste (Synthetic is tasteless.)

Another impression of the prior stuff: "An earlier batch, at a lower price, tested 98.5 for trans-resveratrol, but had some anthocyanins and emodin and glycocides in it-- enough to give it a yellowish color and an astringent taste. "

I have yet to taste the new high purity extract, but I will report after I do so.

Edited by tintinet, 31 March 2007 - 09:20 PM.

#47 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 01:27 AM

OK, this batch has a taste, but very slight/subtle compared to the prior batch of 98% PC extract I've tried. On a "yeeeiiiiccckkkk!" scale of 0 to 10, with 0 tasteless, and 10 torture, the prior batch was about a 6 while this current batch is about a 0.5. Not bad.

#48 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 02:32 AM

OK, this batch has a taste, but very slight/subtle compared to the prior batch of 98% PC extract I've tried. On a "yeeeiiiiccckkkk!" scale of 0 to 10, with 0 tasteless, and 10 torture, the prior batch was about a 6 while this current batch is about a 0.5.  Not bad.

It's really good with cocoa powder. [thumb]

#49 Anthony_Loera

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 03:51 PM

Found new retail seller for 98% powder online.

I am not sure if they are legit at this point (buyer beware of course), but I have included it in the price list under 'powder' for now as I am trying to update and show pricing around the internet for Resveratrol.

They appear to be out of stock on the regular capsules, and regular powder, so I have not put these in the list.

Personally, I think pricing will stabilize and most pure 'rsv' retailers will start using marketing rather than pricing for sales. If that is the case we will continue to update this sheet to avoid marketing hype and or confusion.

For example, our RevGenetics R500 capsules are unique simply because we pack 1000mg of 50% Resveratrol into each capsule, this gives you 500mg of Resveratrol per capsule. Would we consider 1000mg of 98% into a capsule? Possibly, but not at this point in time. Some of our competitors like bioflu at this time only pack 500mg of the same powder into a capsule, and call it Resveratrol 500, even though it only contains 250mg (which can confuse people).

I believe having this as a reference is good all the way around, and helps clear things up when shopping around.

We at RevGenetics hope this comparison list provides you a good service. As always, let me know what other brands need to be in the list, and I will add them.

thanks
Anthony Loera

#50 bixbyte

• 559 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 April 2007 - 09:42 PM

I've been taking Resveratrol for 3.5 years.
I'm selling some of my spare 50% Resveratrol on Ebay
30 caps containing 250 Mg of RSV for only $19.99
Does not give me the runs that some of the other major vitamin vendors.
Easy to swallow 500 mg size kosher capsules
Ebay Item number: 320098498334
Seller name: Bixbyte

#51 Anthony_Loera

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 09:55 PM

bixbyte,

Let's see... It comes out to....

$2.66 a gram...

Check the list, there are 9 other companies that sell it a bit cheaper by the gram. Anything else that you would like to add, and do you have a link to your site?

Anthony Loera

#52 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 01:24 AM

I am a nicer guy to deal with then any of those other 9 companies that sell Resveratrol.
My Resveratrol has less emodin so there is less complaints of diarrhea.

Spend $20 on me for $2.66 gram or spend $144 on you for $2.40 gram?

Is there anything you want to add?

Yup. The money will be pouring in any minute now. Myself, I think I'll stick with companies who have been around for longer than five minutes.

#53 Anthony_Loera

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 02:53 AM

Hi bixbyte,

I am glad your eBay feedback is doing well. Our business is not an eBay business, we provide some items starting at penny auctions because we are a little nutz sometimes. Those that have read my older forum posts will likely understand why I do eBay infrequently... The term "It's the wild west out there..." should spark some understanding.

Back to the Price List...

The price list is available for anyone to add to it as long as there is a website we can verify pricing to.

The list also displays price per gram, that has never been a secret and has had it from the beginning. I have even added a couple prices from folks who have 'just started' in the list and pricing can be verified on their own website.

If you can do the same, I will be glad to add you to the list even if you beat the pants off of all your competitors prices.

Do you have a link you can provide?

Thanks
Anthony Loera

#54 bixbyte

• 559 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 April 2007 - 03:37 PM

Hi bixbyte,

I am glad your eBay feedback is doing well. Our business is not an eBay business, we provide some items starting at penny auctions because we are a little nutz sometimes. Those that have read my older forum posts will likely understand why I do eBay infrequently...  The term "It's the wild west out there..." should spark some understanding.

Back to the Price List...

The price list is available for anyone to add to it as long as there is a website we can verify pricing to.

The list also displays price per gram, that has never been a secret and has had it from the beginning. I have even added a couple prices from folks who have 'just started' in the list and pricing can be verified on their own website.

If you can do the same, I will be glad to add you to the list even if you beat the pants off of all your competitors prices.

Do you have a link you can provide?

Thanks
Anthony Loera

********************************************************************************

Hi Anthony,

I have emailed you a couple times and have tried your R-500 product.
You know about my younger brother and his recent death.
So maybe RSV saved my life? I'll never know for sure

The only problem I have experienced with your product is the effects of the emodin content.
That is the problem with many of the vitamin vendors that have sold me RSV.
Plus it cost me 1/4 less money to acquire RSV and cap it by myself.
Come on I paid $250 for a Kilogram of 50% and the caps and bottles costs less than a quarter.
I also know you are marking up your RSV 6 to 7 X your costs.
120 capsules costs me $20 and you sell 120 caps for $144

So, I went out and personally acquired a kilogram of 50% RSV that has almost no laxative problems.

Now I am taking 500 mg/day of 98.8% pure Resveratrol, plus 500 mg 50% RSV so, I am selling off some of my 50% RSV.
It is good stuff. If I do not sell it on ebay, NO big deal, I will enjoy taking one a day.
I do not plan on being in the RSV business.
Just trading some of my 50% into 98%

Good Luck

Alex

********************************************************************************

#55 Anthony_Loera

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 05:18 PM

Hi bixbyte,

Thanks for trying out RevGenetics R500, I believe we may be at odds regarding the Emodin content, and that is ok as some people are more sensitive. I presume that is why you are switching over to the 98% pure product. As mentioned previously I have no issues with it, and believe many here do not as well.

I do remember your email, you also sent a link to a picture of your brother and sister, and you mentioned that you believe resveratrol has had a positive effect on your life.

Yes, I do remember you and your email.

I agree with you that if you buy Resveratrol on bulk, and encapsulate it yourself, it will be cheaper. I really believe that, but were not targeting those types of folks a month ago. We were selling to the practical minded folks who don't have time to buy bulk, measure it, encapsulate it, etc, and become a small home manufacturer.

Having said that... we will be offering 100 Grams (corrected, thanks proteomist) of 98% Resveratrol from $200 in the near future for small manufacturers. We have already sold 100mg to a small manufacturer this morning who asked us by email regarding the availability. Is it as cheap as buying 1kg of 98%? No, but it allows folks with limited funds who are small manufacturers, to test it out.

I understand that people want to be able to purchase this cheaply, and we are striving to become the best source of resveratrol for consumers.

Are we there yet? Not yet, but we are working toward that goal.

Thanks bixbyte, and I didn't mean to rub you the wrong way. I apologize if I did.
Anthony Loera

Edited by revgenetics, 05 April 2007 - 06:48 PM.

#56 proteomist

• 177 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 05:40 PM

I believe you must mean 100g for $200, not 100mg for $200?

#57 Anthony_Loera

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 06:48 PM

Woopss!

ok, I corrected that error. You are right it is 100 Grams, not 100 mg.

Anthony

#58 thenaturalstep

• 40 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 01:13 PM

Are all in that excel sheat just the same (except teh price)? i mean equaly good. I am a newbi and i am thinking about ordering from:
http://www.biotivia....rol/default.php

#59 Anthony_Loera

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 01:28 PM

I think many get the Resveratrol from the same manufacturers, but I am not sure.

Some of us in the list have Certificate of Analysis which you can ask for just to make sure you are getting what you paid for. Although BioFlu is a RevGenetics competitor, I think there product is definitely as good as ours.

For the others on the list, browse the sites, and go ahead and contact them to ask for more information. You are a potential customer, I am sure they won't mind answering things for you.

In the end, I think it will be service, marketing and price that will win you over to one brand or another, hope this helps!

Thanks
Anthony Loera

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#60 thenaturalstep

• 40 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 01:58 PM

Thank you for the reply!
I can see that yours is cheaper. And it is exactly the same merchandise as biotivia?, but it also makes sense because biotiva have an expensive Google advertisement. Is it many guys here in the forum who orders from your company?

I myself are from Sweden; I see that you just have credit card as a payment option. I myself is worried about that, with hackers and such.

Anyway according to wikipedia 200mg should be ok.

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Resveratrol
The amounts used in the mouse study were approximately 22.4 mg/kg body weight per day. Scaling this amount to human body weights would imply an "equivalent human dose" of 1.5 to 2.0 grams/day. Compensating for the fact that humans have slower metabolic rates than mice would change the equivalent human dose to the range of 150 to 200 mg/day,

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)